Stephen Reid answers questions. Everyone should see this.

WarTornPanda

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emartell..........Defending everything Bioware/Ea to his very last breath.

Its HER and I'm not defending any company.

I'm no fangirl. I could care less about who the company is. I'm over the never ending childish antics of this community. And thanks for proving my point. :)

Second page...

Come on guys. Keep this bumped. Everyone wants answers and you finally get them, but no one cares? :confused:

Have you seen the grammar on all of those qq threads?

The problem is they can't read, only attempt to write. That is why the forums are stuffed with many multiples of the SAME topic.

Haha really?

The second someone says that maybe the issue is not the "evil company" they officially become a fanboy/girl.

That's the maturity level I'm discussing. Once again, thanks.

Their development team is not as competent as Blizzard's. Blizzard released modding at launch with no issues. The only reason you don't see mods is because EA/Bioware have no clue how to implement them.

Edited by demoncrat

It surprised me that he said some thigns wont happen because of "technical challenges". What are we paying you for? Get some decent developers, the stuff we are asking for is nothing new. A LFG system, Addon API, better mounts with animations, etc. A company like Bioware with the resources it has should be able to do these things faster and better than anyone but Blizzard.

Dude, you've been around since 2009, they always did that :D (I was around then too but on a different account) It's still good that they did it, a "live" response would have more value I think for people, it always feels kinda better when responded to on the spot. I think it was more of a "don't worry, we're listening" gesture than an actual attempt to give away all their plans.

I know they have always done that...but I always thought it was pointless. I just wonder why they would plan a Q&A when it just turns into a Q (QQ in some cases) session with very little A.

It would be far better for them to take a sample of the major gripes on the forums and make a post addressing everything they can actually talk about. If they do this regularly enough people might actually be a bit more patient for information and wait for the updates to come. Of course this will only work if the updates are regular. The trouble is that BioWare (and many other developers I might add) have always been so random with when they decide to address the community.

Edited by Mandrax

Their development team is not as competent as Blizzard's. Blizzard released modding at launch with no issues. The only reason you don't see mods is because EA/Bioware have no clue how to implement them.

Back up that assumption, or don't make it at all.

They said that mods aren't their priority. Which is interpreted as "we don't want to add them yet for whatever reason". Whilst what you say could be true, it could also be false - we simply don't have the information to know for sure. So unless you have hard facts to back up your post, tag it as "your opinion" and leave it at that.

I know they have always done that...but I always thought it was pointless. I just wonder why they would plan a Q&A when it just turns into a Q (QQ in some cases) session with very little A.

It would be far better for them to take a sample of the major gripes on the forums and make a post addressing everything they can actually talk about. If they do this regularly enough people might actually be a bit more patient for information and wait for the updates to come. Of course this will only work if the updates are regular. The trouble is that BioWare (and many other developers I might add) have always been so random with when they decide to address the community.

I can't say I disagree... This weird communication has caused a number of e-turmoils on the boards as you no doubt remember. Granted, they did give an update on what they were working on a few days back, but there are so many issues and so many different voices on the boards that their approach, which could work for smaller communities, simply doesn't work as well here.

I can't say I disagree... This weird communication has caused a number of e-turmoils on the boards as you no doubt remember. Granted, they did give an update on what they were working on a few days back, but there are so many issues and so many different voices on the boards that their approach, which could work for smaller communities, simply doesn't work as well here.

Indeed. There is also the issue that many people with a problem don't bother to look for information before posting their issue, particularly now whilst the search function is missing. This is why we end up with dozens of threads complaining about something they already said they want to improve.

At least with a regular update thread pinned to the front page people would actually have somewhere to go first to check for new information.

I was already operating on the assumption that anything they don't outright say "no" to is something they're running through their process, and that they have a system for prioritizing tasks based on what they perceive to be most urgent so this wasn't really a surprise to me.

However, if you take the time you can find a majority of the answers he gave here around the forums with people both worked up and happy by them, so I guess it's nice to have them all compiled.

Indeed. There is also the issue that many people with a problem don't bother to look for information before posting their issue, particularly now whilst the search function is missing. This is why we end up with dozens of threads complaining about something they already said they want to improve.

At least with a regular update thread pinned to the front page people would actually have somewhere to go first to check for new information.

Yeah... That's something that I don't really understand. Why not put this information on the official forums? Why not do the Q&A on the official forums? It's probably because of trolling, but they could easily regulate that with a single dedicated moderator during a Q&A session.

I was already operating on the assumption that anything they don't outright say "no" to is something they're running through their process, and that they have a system for prioritizing tasks based on what they perceive to be most urgent so this wasn't really a surprise to me.

However, if you take the time you can find a majority of the answers he gave here around the forums with people both worked up and happy by them, so I guess it's nice to have them all compiled.

Good luck finding all those answers without a search function. It's not very reasonable to expect a player to look through hundreds of pages of information to find an answer for a question he might have.

Edited by WarTornPanda

That is ridiculous. Pull your head out Blizzards butt.

I'm pretty sure if ANY company wants to do something, they figure out how to do it. It isn't some magical world that only the "special" people can learn. Blizzard isn't the Harry potter of the Gaming world.

It's obvious why this was not done on the main forums. The guy answering the questions is not a main developer, has no real answer in most cases, and in the ones he does know the answer to he can't say.

I read through that entire page and learned absolutely NOTHING.

It's just a random dev trying to entertain himself.

I DO understand why they have to vague but I felt like that was a waste of time, I gave up reading about 2/3 of the way through. IMO it was too vague - why open yourself up to questions if you know you can't give any answers. Thanks to the OP for posting it tho. I like to come to a games website for important info which sadly doesn't happen often enough. I go to other sites for "fluff" about a game but I am most happy when a game website posts either the important info or (at the very least) links to the interviews and what have you. A formal bump for the thread at least =)

I think they should go the extra mile and add a full section on updates on the top of the community page, the thread itself would possibly go unnoticed (as did the sorely missed Search button)...

Maybe they could even make a completely separate "Complaints" forum section in order to keep them all consolidated in one place. And if they're afraid of bad press or whatever, it could only be visible to logged on users (like OT was back then).

Also, I like what Blizzard have done, where they have recent dev posts on the top of the forum sections. Plus, clear indications that devs have posted in a thread.

WoW didn't even have freakin' battlegrounds at launch. Took them half a year to put those out, from 23 nov 2005 to 7 jun 2006. Nothing more broken than this: http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.5.0

Have fun perusing http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_(World_of_Warcraft) I really hope people stop saying Blizz has their stuff figured out because their patch notes tell a different story. I'm sure there's some excuse like "they were the first MMO" and we would all share a laugh over that. Frankly, there's no perfect formula for putting out an IT project of this size and as with any undertaking, there's gonna be problems.

Stephen Reid should stop deflecting and saying it's not his department. He needs to step up properly and start saying things to take responsibility because all I'm hearing from him is "soz, looking into it" the whole way through. It's balls and he knows it but Bioware is probably telling him not to apologize for fear of mob rule becoming standard response to any issue here.

Was gonna say more but have a game to play. Cya.