Hi Charles and Keith! Any new information about conquest and 5.9?

Lhancelot

Yet LOTRO is considered to be in maintenance mode and swtor isn't :rak_01:.

Yup, and they are having their 11th Anniversary Event right now. Oh, and they have 10 servers available, though some are more active than others... Point is they haven't had to downgrade in quite awhile due to this maintenance mode. :D

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get thoise numbers from olag's private server?

:t_confused:

I am confused by your question! I got this information from an even more reliable source!

...a lot more guilds are receiving rewards, and there is higher participation overall.

Yet LOTRO is considered to be in maintenance mode and swtor isn't :rak_01:.

Your right.

Many years ago I watched a movie where a couple was in a wreck, she recovers but he was left in a coma. Time passed and it soon became extreme, the doctors, her family everybody was telling her "You know we should really consider" but she refused with remarks like "He's just Fine", "Only a bit longer, I feel it" and others similar and at times Passionately. It is what it is I believe. I *Prefer to believe its EA squeezing (The life out of) BioWare. The Management's silence here really feeds into that. No matter which way the customers go it seems the mgmt. have decided just to let it happen. Really bad too with all the "Star Wars" Hype nowdays, and a customer base so dedicated.

What Obi-wan says

https://imgur.com/LTthH6F

Edited by MikeCobalt

If LOTRO is in maintenance mode how are they pushing out more content then, with what resources?

:) LOTRO's "Maintenance Mode" is higher then SWTOR's "Everything is just fine" mode. I wonder if the staff on the Titanic told all the All their guests "Everything is fine" even after the bow was below the water?

If LOTRO is in maintenance mode how are they pushing out more content then, with what resources?

I honestly took his remark as sarcastic as there are some, like here on the SWTOR forums, that frequent the LOTRO forums saying the game is dying, in maintenance mode, devs not doing enough, and etc....

Fact is, the game is still going strong and is in its 11th year. New players sign up every day. I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon, unless Standing Stone decides it has done as much as it can - and I don't think that's the case. :cool:

So yes, while Large Yield goals are only being hit by a few guilds, I have no problem taking Keith's word for it that more guilds are getting rewards overall in the new system. By the way, here's the total number of guilds across all three planets that would have received Large Yield rewards had they invaded the Large Yield planet (again, pubside Star Forge view only):

Problem with all this is that guilds don't get rewards, characters get rewards and less characters seem to be getting rewards now and even less still will get them if they fix their reset bug.

At the moment there are still people who have lots of alts getting advantage from the fact that their broken system resets the 'legacy repeatable' goals whenever you log a new toon for that day. I'm one of them and I'm playing as much as I ever did though no longer joining fp or warzone queues.

As it is right now they are not seeing the effect their planned changes will have because their new system is badly broken.

I think there are some very nice things about the changes, in particular, more things to do is a welcome change and the principle that guild members should get rewards for hitting a threshold rather than on their place on the board is also a good idea, but only if guild members can actually benefit from their guild hitting the target. If personal thresholds are too high for the points on offer then nobody benefits. It might look like guilds are benefiting but unless their members can hit targets guild point totals are irrelevant.

Personally I don't think its such a bad thing that different weeks favour different types of activities such as ops, flashpoints, warzones or crafting either though I'm not prepared to do stuff I don't really enjoy all week just for a conquest I might still take 1 toon up to the target to help out with guild points.

Problem with all this is that guilds don't get rewards, characters get rewards and less characters seem to be getting rewards now and even less still will get them if they fix their reset bug.

At the moment there are still people who have lots of alts getting advantage from the fact that their broken system resets the 'legacy repeatable' goals whenever you log a new toon for that day. I'm one of them and I'm playing as much as I ever did though no longer joining fp or warzone queues.

As it is right now they are not seeing the effect their planned changes will have because their new system is badly broken.

This worries me too. It's basically impossible to really assess numbers in outgoing rewards/participation when the whole system is bugged. Just speaking for myself, I capped the personal goal on 7 chars last week, when the rakghul-event was going. I had probably less than an hour of playtime for each capped char. Now, if they look at that, they're probably like "everything is fine, what are you guys complaining about".

However, if their system worked as intended I wouldn't have capped on more than one char, probably not even on one tbh. Because the amount of grinding required would have gone through the roof without the relog-bug.

You can see that in the weeks, where the relog-bug doesn't come to effect as much (fp-havoc, em.-operations).

I hope they're keeping that in mind, when looking at the numbers (but I doubt it).

This worries me too. It's basically impossible to really assess numbers in outgoing rewards/participation when the whole system is bugged. Just speaking for myself, I capped the personal goal on 7 chars last week, when the rakghul-event was going. I had probably less than an hour of playtime for each capped char. Now, if they look at that, they're probably like "everything is fine, what are you guys complaining about".

However, if their system worked as intended I wouldn't have capped on more than one char, probably not even on one tbh. Because the amount of grinding required would have gone through the roof without the relog-bug.

You can see that in the weeks, where the relog-bug doesn't come to effect as much (fp-havoc, em.-operations).

I hope they're keeping that in mind, when looking at the numbers (but I doubt it).

Whats with everyone and the rakghoul week? I was gone all weekend and thus only played swtor after work and capped the same number of toons as i did during rakghoul week. Not having the weekend probably shaved off half my playtime too.

And rakghoul week it wasted an hour of my time just trying to find the open world bosses or wait for respawns since, you know, theres maybe 2 instances up (one of which is full of gankers since killing 25 players is another objective).

Just can we have more options? If a lack of homogeneity is a goal, then seriously, give us options already.

But no we get rather sad (from where I sit) increase in point values and if they fix the buggy system it could in fact hurt more than help.

Edited by KendraP

I had hundreds of war supplies which I've been using up on the Invasion force goal which is also skewing their numbers since I (and I guess many others) will not make more war supplies at their current cost, so once the ones already existing are gone conquest crafting will be a thing of the past.

Relogging bug + stockpile of war supplies got me at least 10 toons capped this week, I doubt I'm the only one using up materials that seem to be redundant once they 'fix' what they did.

I had maybe 70 of each War Supplies when 5.8 dropped. I used enough for two toons this past week on Saturday.

I still have duplicate/triplicate crafters to level up via the components, so I'll probably have a ton of those regularly to make more if I need to.

W/O that option this past week, on an Operation heavy week, I would have had zero points.

Not because the guilds I'm in weren't running ops, but rather it's just not my favorite thing to do...not even close.

At the moment there are still people who have lots of alts getting advantage from the fact that their broken system resets the 'legacy repeatable' goals whenever you log a new toon for that day. I'm one of them and I'm playing as much as I ever did.

Can you explain this in detail, maybe Keith needs to read this and more focus ought to be on this part before 5.9 drops.

If it's a "legacy repeatable" how does it get reset if it's repeatable? I have predominantly been on one main character so have no idea what this "legacy reset bug" is.

Can you explain this in detail, maybe Keith needs to read this and more focus ought to be on this part before 5.9 drops.

If it's a "legacy repeatable" how does it get reset if it's repeatable? I have predominantly been on one main character so have no idea what this "legacy reset bug" is.

Basically theres a bug sometimes on some of the daily objectives that are supposed to be legacy based to where if you swap toona you get it on both of them.

Since I don't craft I can't speak for how exploitable it really is. For me the most i get out of it is the 1 pvp win per day objective and its hardly consistent (i.e. sometimes it bugs, sometimes it doesn't).

That said, I'm also a huge fan of alts, and capping alts is a practice that got slaughtered. Despite the raging debate no one has really convinced me it was problematic. I personally couldn't care less rather my guildies prefer to run multiple toons or just one, whichever way the contribute points. Whether it be 45k on one toon or 15k on 3 toons the only difference is the end of week rewards. Most of which are underwhelming anyway.

Basically theres a bug sometimes on some of the daily objectives that are supposed to be legacy based to where if you swap toona you get it on both of them.

I never encountered this bug and none of the people in-game I communicate with (including several guilds) encountered it. I only read here about it. I don't know how big that bug really is - if there is one at all (not saying that there is not; I just cannot confirm or deny it).

I never encountered this bug and none of the people in-game I communicate with (including several guilds) encountered it. I only read here about it. I don't know how big that bug really is - if there is one at all (not saying that there is not; I just cannot confirm or deny it).

I have encountered it, but not on anything really worth much, just the pvp legacy daily that for whatever reason i sometimes get credit for more than once per legacy.

In practice i would think a bug that didnt behave the same way twice was more annoying than "exploitable". But nonetheless it is there and creating confusion if nothing else.

The bug (we assume it is a bug) can be helpful as sometimes you can do once-per-day-per-legacy twice in a day. But it doesn't make it fully repeatable, and also the bug causes headaches if it resets a 100 kills you are working on. You get to 90 and when you relog it is 0, that's just more work. Either way, its probably a bug and they will for sure fix it. Because any bug that players gain from they drop everything and work through the night to fix. Whereas if there is a bug that break things for players, may never get fixed. (Don't make me give examples, the list is just too long....)

The only reason the bug has not been fixed to this point, if I had to guess, is that it helps inflate the numbers of characters and players who get to PC, and also makes it possible for more guilds to get the planetary goal, so the statistics about the new conquest look much better than it really is. That being said, the numbers, no matter what they claim, simply have to be horrible.

My guild has about 90% fewer legacies (people) getting PC than before, and 75% fewer overall characters, and this is while the bug currently exists, I expect conquest participation to drop to almost nothing after it is fixed. After that bug is fixed, I expect the number of legacies that get PC will equal overall characters, because no-one will be able to get an alt to PC anymore.

I record and reward guild members for each PC, so I know every single statistic in my conquest guild. Numbers do not lie. It used to take me 3 hours to send out rewards, now it takes 15 minutes, after the bug fix, it might be 5 minutes.

Unless they return the full repeatables to previous "number of matches to get to conquest" values, I see the failure to only get progressively worse.