Utility Changes in Game Update 5.9

EricMusco

It's already been said here, and echoed throughout the forums, but I'm a little dismayed that AP PTs were overlooked. While they have some of the best burst DPS in the game, they have the weakest DCDs currently. Other DPS classes that have comparable DPS have far, far better survival tools that allow them to contribute more meaningful DPS. I wasn't expecting some huge buffs for AP PTs, but something, ANYTHING, to improve either Kolto Overload or Energy Shield would have been appropriate. Most of the community would agree with me here.

What's most concerning about AP PTs being neglected (yet again) is that it will likely be some time before Bioware does another major balance review like this, and to expect AP PTs to remain as cannon fodder until then is both unreasonable and irresponsible. For those who agree with this, I urge you to PM Eric with your concerns. It's the only possible way they might reconsider including AP PT in the utility changes for 5.9.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there will be no more changes? No nerfs to Arsenal mercs' big damage and mercs' in general big survivability?

Arsenal Merc damage does not need to be nerfed. Not only does it not only not need to be nerfed, but it underperforms in NiM Ops. The spec's damage potential should in fact be raised to what it was prior to the last round of nerfs, since the damage output was fine then and not in need of nerfing.

What makes Arsenal Mercs feel OP in PVP is their survivability. They have some of the best defenses for a DPS spec in the game. *That* is what needs adjusting, not damage output.

I can see why these changes were necessary seeing that the community has been screaming about improving Merc, Operativeand sniper defensives. We are fine with where PT and Juggs are at since there is barely a mention of any issues on the forums. It is obvious that these changes are not based on in game experiences because they missed the mark by 180 degrees Edited by Glocko

Wow, so if I calculated this correctly, a Lightning sorc who refreshes the Static barrier on himself all the time, will have about 48% DR now! 20% from armor + 3% from utility + 15% from lightning bolt stacks + 10% from Deionized = 48%

That makes it so Lightning has the highest passive DR between all DPS specs, huh. Only mara with cloak of pain active can have higher or a tank...

That's pretty damn good if you ask me.

Can we start a petition to remove threat drop from cloud mind, and give taunt to sorcs? then we'll have the perfect tank

So there will be no more changes? No nerfs to Arsenal mercs' big damage

What a strange little world you inhabit... Please nerf the damage of the already worst spec lmao

Damage nerfs is the last thing we need, both in PVE and PVP.

Keith, why do you insist on keeping the survivability of Powertech/Vanguard tanks well below Mercenaries/Commandos? PT/VG tanks are by far the squishiest tanks, and we didn't get any of the awesome DCDs you dumped en masse on Mercs/Mandos. We need MUCH more than a small adjustment to the DR from one single utility talent to make up for this. Maybe I should just roll a DPS Commando instead and tank on that? They can certainly absorb more damage than my tank Vanguard, AND they'll probably hold aggro better than my Vanguard will once you nerf VG/PT damage even more while not turning up threat generation nearly enough to compensate.

Or I'll just give up tanking entirely, and contribute to making tanks even harder to acquire for group content. Why should I suffer through tedium, frustration, and constant deaths and repair bills when EA clearly doesn't want anyone to play tanks anymore, in PvP or PvE? I'm not that much of a masochist.

Edited by AscendingSky

It's already been said here, and echoed throughout the forums, but I'm a little dismayed that AP PTs were overlooked. While they have some of the best burst DPS in the game, they have the weakest DCDs currently. Other DPS classes that have comparable DPS have far, far better survival tools that allow them to contribute more meaningful DPS. I wasn't expecting some huge buffs for AP PTs, but something, ANYTHING, to improve either Kolto Overload or Energy Shield would have been appropriate. Most of the community would agree with me here.

What's most concerning about AP PTs being neglected (yet again) is that it will likely be some time before Bioware does another major balance review like this, and to expect AP PTs to remain as cannon fodder until then is both unreasonable and irresponsible. For those who agree with this, I urge you to PM Eric with your concerns. It's the only possible way they might reconsider including AP PT in the utility changes for 5.9.

Agree ^

Sorcs/Sage need more damage, especially lightning need higher burst, our burst can't do any pressure in PVP.

Please Bioware just compare Mercs and Sniper damage to Sorcs(all are ranged DPS),

and our damage is not lower just because we all the time running to survive so this DCD buff should help, it will but very little and no buff for madness :(

Noone is happy to see Sorc and PT DPS in ranked(except opposite team).

Sniper DCD buff was DESPERATELY needed.

Thank you so much, we all know how hard it is to play sniper in this dps jugg / pt friendly environment. :D (I admit I cracked up near the last part of this post)

Sniper DCD buff was DESPERATELY needed.

Thank you so much, we all know how hard it is to play sniper in this dps jugg / pt friendly environment. :D (I admit I cracked up near the last part of this post)

Haha +1 but hey, at least we're not PTs...

And you know what the problem with that is? They still do no damage for a burst class. They can’t kill anything, so all it means is they are now an even bigger parsing dummy.

Most Lightning Sorcs would gladly sacrifice some of their already good survivability for some extra dps.

Meh, I believe a properly played sorc does more than enough DPS in PvP currently, it's just spread out over multiple targets making it much easier to live/heal through. ST version of Chain Lightning that is also auto crit w/ affliction on the target would go a long way to helping our ST "burst" while not really impacting our overall DPS too much.

Edited by Dhurwin

Why not just delete the Sage Balance character? It's the weakest class in pvp and yet nothing is ever done to improve it's survivability, speed or damage. Used to be my favorite to play now it just collects dust since it's not even worth playing.

this. i really want to play telekinetics sage/lightning sorc but this spec hits like a wet noodle =(

I'll trade you some dps buffs for some dcd buffs!

-signed AP PT/VG

This right here. I wish I had the damage mitigation that sorcs now have. This is asinine. If they want to swap some of our dps for their defenses, I'll happily make that trade.

This show Bioware has NO clue what there doing, nothing proposed FIXES anything, and " skank" tank changes are even worse,

You say you play the "game" and actual "listen" to us but everything you do contradicts that.

Point of utilties changes was supposed to Fix broke DCD many classes have, instead of doing that , you seem to ADD more

Edited by Kyuuu

This show Bioware has NO clue what there doing, nothing proposed FIXES anything, and " skank" tank changes are even worse,

You say you play the "game" and actual "listen" to us but everything you do contradicts that.

Point of utilties changes was supposed to Fix broke DCD many classes have, instead of doing that , you seem to ADD more

Add more for everyone who doesn't need it and the one class crying out in desperation for it. PT.