5.9 class changes

Ibokagain

Absolutle idiots... Within reason this is the most dumb way to solve the problem they could have ever thought of.

If they are already keen on reducing skank damage, couldn't they decrease the gain from crit / alac / pow (by something like 45-50%, to compensate for the fact mastery plays a role as well) while in tank stance? The same result, real tanks feel nothing? Does it require so much intelligence to come up with such an idea?

No, but it requires at least a little bit of effort, which Bioware is, for whatever reason, unwilling to put in.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutle idiots... Within reason this is the most dumb way to solve the problem they could have ever thought of.

If they are already keen on reducing skank damage, couldn't they decrease the gain from crit / alac / pow (by something like 45-50%, to compensate for the fact mastery plays a role as well) while in tank stance? The same result, real tanks feel nothing? Does it require so much intelligence to come up with such an idea?

once again, this game gives tanks a screw you. hey, at least we get instant group finder queues! :p

once again, this game gives tanks a screw you. hey, at least we get instant group finder queues! :p

Ok so I;m gonna ask you for the 10th time and hope you won't avoid answering again.

So you think that by nerfing skank damage they should fix tank stats for PVP.

How do we even kill a tank that mitigates white damage and crits even better than it does now ? You can kill a skank tank 1 vs 1 now with a little effort but with working PVP mitigation to the degree you want it sounds god mode to me.

Like put a tank to guard a node and he will be almost impossible to kill 1vs1 no matter what. That doesn't sound right to me and maybe that's the reason why Bioware never " fixed" tank stats for pvp as PVP is very different from PVE in this regard.

Ok so I;m gonna ask you for the 10th time and hope you won't avoid answering again.

So you think that by nerfing skank damage they should fix tank stats for PVP.

How do we even kill a tank that mitigates white damage and crits even better than it does now ? You can kill a skank tank 1 vs 1 now with a little effort but with working PVP mitigation to the degree you want it sounds god mode to me.

Like put a tank to guard a node and he will be almost impossible to kill 1vs1 no matter what. That doesn't sound right to me and maybe that's the reason why Bioware never " fixed" tank stats for pvp as PVP is very different from PVE in this regard.

Is a healer killable by a dps 1v1? tanking is a distinct, trinity role, just like healing is. I think tanks should be more tanky - difficult to kill but with gimped damage. I think the trinity should be reinforced - give dps more dps but nerf their defenses especially for the top level ones.

I consider node guarding a waste of my effort as a tank. Sure i'm difficult to kill. I'm also better suited making my team difficult to kill.

Now if you have a little assistance, a tank without heals will go down to focus. With a healer, interrupt the healer. I've said this multiple times and in multiple places. my healer and I are very difficult to kill, but hardly impossible.

tanking is a distinct, trinity role, just like healing is. I think tanks should be more tanky - difficult to kill but with gimped damage. I think the trinity should be reinforced - give dps more dps but nerf their defenses especially for the top level ones.

I agree with this 100%

I wonder if a single guy exists who doesn't see how the "skank fix" is a very stupid and lazy move.

[Players who don't ever play tanks are excluded from the above statement]

Which raises a question: How could the dev team again be so wrong about a decision??

They should learn from the devs of Battlefront2. If there is a backlash in the community as soon as you announce something, don't release it! Change it before it happens! (Referring to the P2W scandal just before the release of the game). THIS is how dev teams should work with their audience...

I wonder if a single guy exists who doesn't see how the "skank fix" is a very stupid and lazy move.

[Players who don't ever play tanks are excluded from the above statement]

Which raises a question: How could the dev team again be so wrong about a decision??

They should learn from the devs of Battlefront2. If there is a backlash in the community as soon as you announce something, don't release it! Change it before it happens! (Referring to the P2W scandal just before the release of the game). THIS is how dev teams should work with their audience...

Theres logic... then theres BW. "Oh we think they wont like this. So lets just not tell them about how bad it will be!"

Which raises a question: How could the dev team again be so wrong about a decision?? If there is a backlash in the community as soon as you announce something, don't release it! Change it before it happens! THIS is how dev teams should work with their audience...

I also am confused by this pattern of behavior.

To start, hiding massive changes before a patch is dropped doesn't make the changes easier to deal with. I agree people often do hate change just for the sake of change. That being said, if given some time to think on possible incoming changes players can express their thoughts and even give positive feedback to help the devs accomplish their design goals for the game.

What keeps happening is the devs come up with their personal design goals and often it seems these goals wreck the enjoyment factor of the game for the players. This is kind of a big deal, seeing the goal is to make games fun and the players are paying money for the continuation of this enjoyment.

In the start I honestly wondered if the changes were deliberately damaging but this doesn't make sense to me because Eric does communicate a willingness to change the newfound design to be more fun and over the course of time Devon work is done to improve upon the non-fun game changing designs that are forced into the game.

Why such sweeping game changing/breaking patches then? Only Eric and this gaming company can answer this.

The devs and even Eric are intelligent people. It really is a mystery why they choose to do so much work without first consulting and communicating with the player base. It's really counter-productive and creates so much unnecessary drama, extra work, disappointment, frustration, and so many more unacceptable issues that should never arise in the first place.

Looking back, the funny thing is for new people to understand communication actually is better now. Eric has said quite a bit lately regarding the incoming patch and addressing people's concerns better than they ever did a few years back. I give him credit for that. It's tough wading into the amount of criticism he and the devs are facing right now, however I do feel a lot of it is self inflicted and could have been avoided.

I just hope they make further changes, and simply give the people what they want! When a design goal is met with vast criticism and sadness, the game devs really need to put the players first. A chef who loves burnt pasta simply can't create a meal of burnt pasta expecting diners to eat it happily just because he loves burnt pasta!

TL;DR

5.8 is burnt pasta, and the majority of players HATE it. It's time for the devs to cook up a fine meal we the people actually enjoy eating.

[classic Lh wall of text lol]

I think you are wrong. I think someone are deliberately trying to kill this game on the executive level, and that they have been at it for a while. It is impossible for rational humans to create such a mess unintentionally.

This right here is proof that people don't want to have intelligent conversations about existing problems. They just stick their fingers in their ears and go alalalalala when someone says something they don't want to hear. Nice.

There are a number of attacks that hit harder than they have any right to: VS and HSM are just two examples. I'm sure a case could be made for Crushing Blow as well.

To be fair, you gave no intelligent reason for the whole "no ability should hit for over 20k" argument. Not that there is an intelligent argument to be made there, but still.

To be fair, you gave no intelligent reason for the whole "no ability should hit for over 20k" argument. Not that there is an intelligent argument to be made there, but still.

So yesterday morning when I got killed by a 48k Volatile Substance, that kind of damage was intended? The 42k Heatseeker that killed me last night?

Edited by Loadsamonie

So yesterday morning when I got killed by a 48k Volatile Substance, that kind of damage was intended? The 42k Heatseeker that killed me last night?

Yes! This is exactly what we are saying! This damage is intended and is half the reason people actually die in ranked sometimes!

Either your character has absolutely no gear or this happened in lowbies (doubt even there), since Volatile doesn't hit that high. Regardless, there is no argument here to support that 20k should be the cap of all abilities.

Either your character has absolutely no gear or this happened in lowbies (doubt even there), since Volatile doesn't hit that high. Regardless, there is no argument here to support that 20k should be the cap of all abilities.

It's not even the hardest hitting skill I've seen. I've seen a 50k Smash and a 60k Crushing Blow before. But those have a lot of variance to their damage range, where as VS ALWAYS seems to hit me for 20k+.

And I'm mostly in 236's.

Edited by Loadsamonie

It's not even the hardest hitting skill I've seen. I've seen a 50k Smash and a 60k Crushing Blow before. But those have a lot of variance to their damage range, where as VS ALWAYS seems to hit me for 20k+.

And I'm mostly in 236's.

A 50k Smash and a 60k Crushing Blow? You should certainly screenshot unique ones like that.

A 50k Smash and a 60k Crushing Blow? You should certainly screenshot unique ones like that.

I'll try the next time I see one, but how are numbers like these even attainable? Even with Pooled Hatred, Thwart, Relics, Stims/Adrenals and softcapped Crit/Surge/Power/Mastery, I can't see these kinds of numbers being possible.

I'll try the next time I see one, but how are numbers like these even attainable? Even with Pooled Hatred, Thwart, Relics, Stims/Adrenals and softcapped Crit/Surge/Power/Mastery, I can't see these kinds of numbers being possible.

They're not attainable.

However, what can sometimes happen is the game will register 2 hits as one if they hit simultaneously, so maybe Crushing Blow + Retaliation with 5 stacks of Pooled Hatred with relics proc'd. Even then I'm skeptical, and I see no screenshot. And if you're not talking about floating numbers, you can't be sure you weren't also hit by a ranged attack at the same time, if you're simply talking about losing 60k health in one GCD.

For the most part, the hardest hitting moves in the game should be auto crit Ambush, Crushing Blow, and the third one escapes me, but from memory these are the attacks with the highest damage modifiers. Crushing Blow is deceptively stronger than it appears as well since a Retaliation often comes in the same GCD, same with Ambush since its often immediately followed by Penetrating Rounds or Takedown since its a cast.

Anyways, if you were actually concerned about this stuff and not simply whining to whine on the forums, there are very good parsers available for this game. Parse your pvp matches, go through, and find what attacks are hitting you for that hard.

Edited by wadecounty

And I'm mostly in 236's.

Once I got oneshot by Enfeebling Strike, but it regularly hits for 90k+ damage. And don't get me started on the 100k Shoulder Cannons.