5.9 class changes

Ibokagain

The 100k shoulder cannon should have given the joke away already (Sorry to ruin the fun, Nelaa, but it dragged for more than 1 exchange of posts already :p)

How am I supposed to know that he's joking though, given the numbers I've seen in Warzones lately. Who am I to deny the possible existance of six-digit attacks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How am I supposed to know that he's joking though, given the numbers I've seen in Warzones lately. Who am I to deny the possible existance of six-digit attacks.

Are you also joking or just bad? I really can't tell anymore.

Edited by wadecounty

Well, it is April 1st, so...nah, I'm just bad.

Well to give you a nonjoking reply, download starparse or one of the other parsers for this game, and turn combat logging on in your preferences, then run it next time you pvp. Then just go through afterwards and analyze it to see how hard people are actually hitting you.

Well to give you a nonjoking reply, download starparse or one of the other parsers for this game, and turn combat logging on in your preferences, then run it next time you pvp. Then just go through afterwards and analyze it to see how hard people are actually hitting you.

On average I'm seeing 20-24k for Volatile Substance and 18-20k for Heatseeker Missiles. Those are the two biggest ones usually.

On average I'm seeing 20-24k for Volatile Substance and 18-20k for Heatseeker Missiles. Those are the two biggest ones usually.

That sounds fairly normal, Crushing Blow and Ambush will actually hit you harder if under ideal circumstances, Crushing Blow I think with 5 stacks can hit for around 27-28k (its rare for them to have 5 stacks though unless they're saving it for that) and Ambush can go anywhere from like 32k to over 40k in midbies (32kish is highest I can recall in 70's but I don't normally keep track of big hits).

Anyways, that still means no class can do over 1/3 damage to you in a single hit, and DCD's are always a factor. People get globaled when stuns are perfectly timed and 2-3 DPS are all on the same target, so things have to line up well, and even then if you're smart with your stunbreaker and DCD's and have any team support at all you can usually prevent it.

Probably because shoulder cannon rarely reaches 10k :D

There are some surprisingly heavy hits. My best shock with a partially tank geared sin tank (Have power, have no crit) reached 28k under very certain circumstances and killed a very surprised healer. An attack can deal sometimes twice the damage if it truly is a rare case, but mostly, VC hits for ~20k which is quite fair for its cooldown, and the best thing to test it out is to get a concealment operative and try to kill people with it in PVP. Don't get me wrong, it is not hard, and I do it with 248 assassin gear (which means no set bonus), and it theoretically would be able to take out all the health of a DPS player in 4-6 secs under certain circumstances. The point is that a more-than-noob player will do something to prevent that, and fight back, which makes the fight a normal length until healers get involved. If you had the unlucky circumstance AND health lower than 48k at a time and it killed you, then you got a funny story to tell friends later, but not something that demands response in the form of changes in the game.

That sounds fairly normal, Crushing Blow and Ambush will actually hit you harder if under ideal circumstances, Crushing Blow I think with 5 stacks can hit for around 27-28k (its rare for them to have 5 stacks though unless they're saving it for that) and Ambush can go anywhere from like 32k to over 40k in midbies (32kish is highest I can recall in 70's but I don't normally keep track of big hits).

Anyways, that still means no class can do over 1/3 damage to you in a single hit, and DCD's are always a factor. People get globaled when stuns are perfectly timed and 2-3 DPS are all on the same target, so things have to line up well, and even then if you're smart with your stunbreaker and DCD's and have any team support at all you can usually prevent it.

Alright, fair enough, no nerfs needed. Still a bit of a shock when I suddenly lose 1/4th of my health out of nowhere, especially considering that I can't even Evade/Shield it.

It's not even the hardest hitting skill I've seen. I've seen a 50k Smash and a 60k Crushing Blow before. But those have a lot of variance to their damage range, where as VS ALWAYS seems to hit me for 20k+.

And I'm mostly in 236's.

1) no you didn't

or

2) the victim was playing naked in midbies or something

I think you are wrong. I think someone are deliberately trying to kill this game on the executive level, and that they have been at it for a while. It is impossible for rational humans to create such a mess unintentionally.
this meme really just won't die Edited by yellow_