Conquest: My Second Impressions

ThadiusMoor

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is horrific. Total Galactic War used to be a crafting week I looked forward too. Now I can craft an invasion force once per day PER LEGACY! I guess my alts can go Hang out on Nar Shaddah and gamble or something. They are basically useless for conquest now since most stuff is limited by legacy. Also, with only 3 or 4 people in the guild really working conquest, if each only hits it on one character we will never hit the guild goal.

respectfully i would not get my nose so put out of joint , if your leaving because of the CQ then you leaving was always on the cards because in truth you ve been unhappy with the game for awhile , and need this to triggered you

........ let it go . please dont come back with I want this game to be the best of the best and i just .... mmh mmh no you just gotta let it go.

:)

Utter rubbish.

'nuff said!

All The Best

respectfully i would not get my nose so put out of joint , if your leaving because of the CQ then you leaving was always on the cards because in truth you ve been unhappy with the game for awhile , and need this to triggered you

........ let it go . please dont come back with I want this game to be the best of the best and i just .... mmh mmh no you just gotta let it go.

Don't assume that because someone is leaving because of conquest that they've been unhappy with the game. That's plain B S. I cancelled because of it. Conquest actually gives (gave) people direction and incentive to replay old content. Now it's just a galactic sized soup sandwich and gives no incentives to play alts and very little incentive to replay old content because the grind isn't worth the time or trouble to bother with it.

My second impression?

It's still just as crap as it was last week.

They've tweaked almost nothing, added in a Makeb Conquest objective that can't possibly be completed because it references quest that no longer exist, and there still almost zero Alt-Replayability.

Frankly, after two stabs at it and it is still utter rubbish, someone at EA should just pull the plug on Bioware Austin, because they are clearly not a professional game development studio.

All The Best

I haven’t looked, but are you serious that it can’t be completed because one of the quests no longer exists?

How the hell does this even happen. Do they not have a check list to tick off requirements vs what’s still in the game?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

That was un-called for...

And people wonder why we complain about the toxic attitudes to other players in this game...

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I haven’t looked, but are you serious that it can’t be completed because one of the quests no longer exists?

How the hell does this even happen. Do they not have a check list to tick off requirements vs what’s still in the game?

It's not beyond the ineptitude of the developers at BioWare.

This is horrific. Total Galactic War used to be a crafting week I looked forward too. Now I can craft an invasion force once per day PER LEGACY! I guess my alts can go Hang out on Nar Shaddah and gamble or something. They are basically useless for conquest now since most stuff is limited by legacy. Also, with only 3 or 4 people in the guild really working conquest, if each only hits it on one character we will never hit the guild goal.

In the same boat. We have a very small guild with only three or four people who do the conquest stuff. Without our alts being able to do stuff as well there's a very slim chance of hitting our goal. Maybe if I just forego having a life and queue for PvP all day. I suck at PvP, so that's gonna suck for everyone.

It's all a joke. Very good post ThadiusMoor. I appreciate your use of facts and numbers to demonstrate how bad it truly is.

KEITH...what are you going to do about this? Why do you keep shooting yourself in the foot? Who the hell are you listening to that thought this was a good idea? You have a freaking forum full of REAL CUSTOMERS who would LOVE to tell you what they think...USE THEM!!!

TUXs, the problem is, Keith thinks GC is in a good place and a viable system. As long as we have proof of that much delusion in the producer the entire thing is going to continue to be a mess and it will continue to bleed subs. (We know it still is because they had to pull the server load info so no one could prove it.) Short of new management from the top of EA all the way to the individual teams in Austin and a large cash infusion, SWTOR is going to keep sliding down the drain. I hate to say it, but I don't see any hope at all at this point.

My second impression is even more depressing than my first was.

Weekly missions are once per legacy.

Only get to craft one invasion force per legacy.

Only 3 planets to chose from.

This does not seem like Total Galactic War.

I deem it as Total Galactic Failure.

I gave the new conquest system a second chance and it does not look like Bioware/EA cares enough about it's customers to actually listen to them. I hate to say it, but once my subscription is up, I will not be resubbing. There will be no more money from me for this game or company. Thanks for the past years of the game.

KEITH...what are you going to do about this? Why do you keep shooting yourself in the foot?

Feet are cheap at Bioware

The Bioware Motto

“We shoot ourselves in the foot so you don’t have too... if we make a mistake... we double down and shoot the other one off”

https://imgur.com/gallery/83UDR

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I think OP states quite clearly one of the main issues with the new conquest: It takes too long to get PC. Granted, he failed to mention in that PC is now 15000 instead of 20000, but the point remains the same. Things that dropped 85-95 percent when the PC only went down 20%.

For this new system to even have a chance, the same amount of hours to get a char to PC before needs to be the same or better now.

In a nutshell, new conquest issues are:

1.) It takes way too long to get PC, make it the same number of hours as before.

2.) Crafting patterns should be put back to what they were before for war supplies, and building war supplies should be worth something in crafting weeks. At least we should be able to have same patterns as before for say 6 months so we can burn up stocked supplies, it is dumb for them to make our supplies worthless now, supplies that took many players years to compile.

3.) Conquest is only for 1-2 guilds now. The biggest thing new conquest did was eliminate almost all guilds from having a chance at taking a planet. Every craft week should have 13+ planets and repeatable crafting needs to be returned to previous values and ease of building.

First week i managed to finish one char on imp side. well...

Started second week on one toon now, should be possible to finish 2 maybe 3 chars now, still the problem remains the same. Can't play conquest on rep and imp, the legacy objectives are killing it. My alts are already gathering dust due to this new system, i don't touch them anymore. Do i really have to plan the point giveaway? Really??

Got plenty of planning going on IRL, can't be bothered to start that in a game. used to be a game...:(

They tried to fixed something that wasn't broken.

The blueprint for how things are going to go is no further away than 5.0 when they gave us the exciting RNG gearing system.

1. Wreck a perfectly fine facet of the game no one complains about with a massive overhaul patch.

2. Let the player base seethe for a few days, then acknowledge the newly added patch just needs a few "tweaks" over time to perfect it.

3. Tweak the new system with a highly anticipated patch that barely scratches the surface of complaints the player base had about the newly implemented patch, ruining any trust the players have in the dev team and this company.

4. Spend the next 12 months "perfecting" the newer system, tweaking and altering things across multiple future patches till it barely resembles the first patch that was dumped into the game. Ironically it's still far inferior to the original system it replaced.

5. Find a new part of the game that is well received by the players to drastically alter and ruin, thus completing one circle of destruction only to create a new one.

This is the pattern it seems.

Very well presented circle of destruction pattern for BW previous track record.

I have made a bug report regarding the Makeb Staged Weekly multiple times, this just shows that all the bug reports kist go directly to shredder, nobody reads them at BW. :eek::mad:

Can't play conquest on rep and imp, the legacy objectives are killing it. My alts are already gathering dust due to this new system, i don't touch them anymore. Do i really have to plan the point giveaway? Really??

Got plenty of planning going on IRL, can't be bothered to start that in a game. used to be a game...:(

I think you've nailed the main reason I see this as a complete and utter failure...it punishes alts in a game where having lots of alts is a basic gameplay mechanic.

For SIX YEARS we have used alts to experience stories we couldn't on one character, to do lockouts we couldn't do again on a character, to keep us playing THIS game when another toon was locked out of something...this game was literally built around alts.

Since CXP, all of that has been changing in a negative way, making alts less and less fun to play and maintain. This is just another reason to avoid our freaking alts and just log out after we do our daily thing...

It's just not fun to play alts any longer...it started with CXP and is now killed with Conquest...

I sort of find it acceptable now, apart from once per day per legacy stuff. This week you can probably get two or three toons with weekly missions alone.

Keep in mind that:

You may find it acceptable only because it is a slightly less nerf now than last week. Ie your expectations have already lowered a lot.

Next week may not/probably will not have the weeklies in them (cz98 aso) this is the main reason why with carefully planning And 'acceptable grinding (As they are short) you can cap multiple alts this week.

Edited by Morteistno

Go in and play for a minute then realize how much of a chore the game is so log out to go play something that's actually fun.

I didn’t login all day. I sat down in front of the computer and it felt like I was about to start working and not about to have some fun.

So I turned my PC off and went for a walk, did some reading and watch some TV. While I would have preferred to have some fun playing swtor, I just didn’t think it was going to be fun.

When your favourite activity to have fun starts making you feel like it’s a chore, it’s time to look for something else to do.

I honestly don’t think those guys at Bioware get that the game is supposed to be fun and a way for people to unwind and lose themselves in some digital Star Wars world.

Playing the game to get anywhere in it is becoming a full time job and that’s not fun. I feel like I’m a monotonous droid on a moisture farm or Storm trooper stuck on garage detail.

Somethings got to give, Bioware can’t keep playing chicken with us to see who will swerve first and cancel their subs or the game loses more people and the down would spiral gets faster.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yeah the Makeb Conquest goal points to Faction Specific "Staged" quests that were removed from the game, IIRC, one of the patches just prior to Knights of the Fallen Empire.

Yup, that's right the March 2018 Conquest revamp references quests that were removed around October 2015.

How's that for a whole new level of incompetence.

All The Best