Ninja Nerf List

DyreMaker

I was one of the ones arguing about that. Specifically, I argued for a toggle or buff that would have to be opted into like using the White Acute Module to nerf xp gain. I didn't suggest that BW nerf comps for everyone and not say anything about it in patch notes.

It was also noted in that thread that the vast majority of players [who post on the forum] would be against such an expansive change. Meaning that the people ragequitting probably aren't the ones who were arguing for it. Particularly given that the responses are from people who set their comps to heal or tank which is the default faceroll easy mode for comps [particularly heals].

So no, not ironic. It's a rather dumb observation, tbh.

The observation is called schadenfreude. People should know by now that BW takes a blunt instrument to any change. There is no nuance or finessing the code. It should be obvious that the way they code changes now is to find the most far-reaching if-then-else statement in the code, tweak the ELSE statement up or down, and then if there were any other conditional factors, delete them.

Far easier, demonstrably, to nerf comps for everyone than to finesse a change in such a way to offer people various options.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Only thing I noticed was that I had a companion (who I'd rarely/never used on that character) had all their abilities toggled off for some reason when I brought them out, which led to a couple of moments of "why aren't they tanking worth anything." And when I turned them back on, they still wouldn't leap into combat as a tank, which led to some excitement as a DPS assassin who starts combat by jumping into melee, let me tell you.

I haven't noticed any particular difference in performance, but I don't do a lot of high-end solo content very often.

The observation is called schadenfreude. People should know by now that BW takes a blunt instrument to any change. There is no nuance or finessing the code. It should be obvious that the way they code changes now is to find the most far-reaching if-then-else statement in the code, tweak the ELSE statement up or down, and then if there were any other conditional factors, delete them.

Far easier, demonstrably, to nerf comps for everyone than to finesse a change in such a way to offer people various options.

:rolleyes: What I suggested was to use a thing that already exists in the game as a model to do a limited comp nerf. Your argument would make some sense if a minority of forumites had convinced BW to nerf xp gain for everyone, but that's not what happened.

First you've mischaracterized the players, and called it irony, and now you've mischaracterized BW, and called it schadenfreude. But there's a far less pretentious word that better fits: flamebaiting.

this an old one but they extremely ninja nerfed 248 gear drops from the crates when they introduced unassembled components from dissintegration. this made gearing MUCH harder even though they advertised it as an improvement and a great solution for randomness.

Banned multiple times for saying it, companions have always sucked since they took their gear stats away.

Those that say they were OP need to do harder content.

The companions melt during high burst phases. They have very little protection, even in tank stance.

I used to have HMFP on farm with a geared companion. Would run HMFP solo and complete them easily.

Can't do it in the current companion meta. Since they took the stats out of companion gear, companions have healed less, dps less, burst less and tank less. Only the ignorant would say companions are too strong.

Skank tank. What's that? A dps jugg wearing a shield and tank armorings?

Or do you mean Immortal spec using tank armorings and off-hand with DPS mods, enhancements, ear, implants and augments?

These are 2 very different builds. Only 1 is a true skank tank.

BW would have to fix shield, absorb and defence ratings to move players from dps tank builds and skank tanks. PvP is about how much dps you output while PvE is about protection and maintaining agro.

I don't remember the last time I used my mitigation set let alone the high HP gear set. I'm always in my tank armorings, dps mods, enhancements, ear, implants, relics, augements and using more dps utilities. Even for pve content. I pull agro off tanks in operations without taunts.

Out of 2 sniper builds, 2 operative builds, 1 PT, 1 sin, 1 sorc, and I use my jugg more. It have 4 sets of armor. High HP, full mitigation, dps with tank armorings and a full dps specced set (for those rare times I'm not immortal spec) all 248s. It just took over a year to get 11 sets to 248 and a **** ton of game time.

I miss 2.0 times. Make SWTOR great again!

Edited by Liquor

At least 100 Command Crates and not a single CMT.

Just bad RNG on you mate. I've gotten them & the Cores since the patch in Crates.

this an old one but they extremely ninja nerfed 248 gear drops from the crates when they introduced unassembled components from dissintegration. this made gearing MUCH harder even though they advertised it as an improvement and a great solution for randomness.

RNG is all it is. Certain toons of mine get 248's decently. Others don't get it enough. Not sure how the numbers are done but it's completely random.

EDIT:

Gear extraction (Armor, Barrels, Hilts, Enhancements) appears to have been increased from ~48k to ~52k credits along with Augment extraction increasing from ~14k to ~21k credits.

Ouch, yeah, just blew over 150k for extracting offhand stuff. Wow...that's freaking high.

Edited by CaptRogue

Just bad RNG on you mate. I've gotten them & the Cores since the patch in Crates.

RNG is all it is. Certain toons of mine get 248's decently. Others don't get it enough. Not sure how the numbers are done but it's completely random..

It's random but drop rates were significantly nerfed.

All my tunes that leveled over 300 in pre-nerf period have FULL cargos of 248 gear and I'm using them to equip those that went over 300 after the nerf. Also many of the guildies noticed it as soon as it came live.

Banned multiple times for saying it, companions have always sucked since they took their gear stats away.

Those that say they were OP need to do harder content.

The companions melt during high burst phases. They have very little protection, even in tank stance.

I used to have HMFP on farm with a geared companion. Would run HMFP solo and complete them easily.

Can't do it in the current companion meta. Since they took the stats out of companion gear, companions have healed less, dps less, burst less and tank less. Only the ignorant would say companions are too strong.

Skank tank. What's that? A dps jugg wearing a shield and tank armorings?

Or do you mean Immortal spec using tank armorings and off-hand with DPS mods, enhancements, ear, implants and augments?

These are 2 very different builds. Only 1 is a true skank tank.

BW would have to fix shield, absorb and defence ratings to move players from dps tank builds and skank tanks. PvP is about how much dps you output while PvE is about protection and maintaining agro.

I don't remember the last time I used my mitigation set let alone the high HP gear set. I'm always in my tank armorings, dps mods, enhancements, ear, implants, relics, augements and using more dps utilities. Even for pve content. I pull agro off tanks in operations without taunts.

Out of 2 sniper builds, 2 operative builds, 1 PT, 1 sin, 1 sorc, and I use my jugg more. It have 4 sets of armor. High HP, full mitigation, dps with tank armorings and a full dps specced set (for those rare times I'm not immortal spec) all 248s. It just took over a year to get 11 sets to 248 and a **** ton of game time.

I miss 2.0 times. Make SWTOR great again!

Okay, how do people still not understand this.

You are not pulling aggro off tanks in PVE while in Immortal spec because you are good. Actually the exact opposite, it is because you do not understand your spec.

Most abilities in Tank specs have passives wherein they generate more threat than would otherwise, in order to make up for the threat not being generated by a tanks lack of damage. So, when playing Tank spec as a DPS you are generating threat on both your DPS, like always, as well as the bonus threat from abilities (not to mention you now have no threat drop).

While this isn't a problem in PVP cause threat works differently. Doing PvE content such as Operations or MMFP's as a DPS in Immortal spec is only going to cause problems for your group. Causing the boss's to move around the room more than the tank intended, forcing Healers to heal unnecessary damage and Tanks to use taunts potentially creating problems for Tank swaps (in harder content).

In short. Skanks, stop trying to run PvE content as DPS in Tank spec then complaining that heals can't keep people up or tanks can't keep threat. Because you are causing most of the problems. All the DPS specs for those classes do quite well in any PvE content.

Oh, and by the way HMFP on farm? which one? Hammer Station and Athiss just to name the easiest are still very doable solo with current companion healing.

Rant over. Thank you.

Okay, how do people still not understand this.

You are not pulling aggro off tanks in PVE while in Immortal spec because you are good. Actually the exact opposite, it is because you do not understand your spec.

Most abilities in Tank specs have passives wherein they generate more threat than would otherwise, in order to make up for the threat not being generated by a tanks lack of damage. So, when playing Tank spec as a DPS you are generating threat on both your DPS, like always, as well as the bonus threat from abilities (not to mention you now have no threat drop).

While this isn't a problem in PVP cause threat works differently. Doing PvE content such as Operations or MMFP's as a DPS in Immortal spec is only going to cause problems for your group. Causing the boss's to move around the room more than the tank intended, forcing Healers to heal unnecessary damage and Tanks to use taunts potentially creating problems for Tank swaps (in harder content).

In short. Skanks, stop trying to run PvE content as DPS in Tank spec then complaining that heals can't keep people up or tanks can't keep threat. Because you are causing most of the problems. All the DPS specs for those classes do quite well in any PvE content.

Oh, and by the way HMFP on farm? which one? Hammer Station and Athiss just to name the easiest are still very doable solo with current companion healing.

Rant over. Thank you.

My spec is better than the current tanking sets.

Off tank in HMops was in the dps gear most of the time. It's rare that the group needs me in high HP or the mitigation sets.

The reason I use the dps items while tanking is absolute control of agro. Burst dps can't pull agro off me. Your best high HP or full mitigation tank can't pull agro off without a taunts.

Works great for tank swaps.

I haven't had complaints about healers. They don't have trouble keeping up. You would be surprised how well the spec performs

There haven't been HMFP or "master mode" FP solo completions since before they removed companion started gear.

No one has done it

Please more L2P tips. You've been most helpful

Edited by Liquor

There haven't been HMFP or "master mode" FP solo completions since before they removed companion started gear.

No one has done it

Lol what? I suggest you do your homework before making an absolute statement like this next time. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=884272

In this thread there are videos of solo hm-fp boss kills of like 90% of all flashpoints and they were all done after companion-stats have been removed in 4.0...

And saying that you were able to solo hm-fps during 3.x times is kind of a "duh"-statement. Of course you'll be able to solo stuff that is 5-10 levels below your level and isn't exactly hard to beginn with... that says nothing about companion strength.

• Dev Post

Two things of note from the thread we are looking into:

• Changes in Companion stats/ability - The team is looking into it now, I will let you know what they discover.
  • Increase cost for mod / augment removal - This is not intended and will be fixed in a future update.

-eric

• Changes in Companion stats/ability - The team is looking into it now, I will let you know what they discover.
  • Increase cost for mod / augment removal - This is not intended and will be fixed in a future update.

-eric

While you have an eye on the companions, could you PLEASE also check what's wrong with the majority of Republic companions having their gear turned into the Imperial variant during cutscenes? I believe the opposite also affects Vette and Quinn.

My spec is better than the current tanking sets.

Off tank in HMops was in the dps gear most of the time. It's rare that the group needs me in high HP or the mitigation sets.

The reason I use the dps items while tanking is absolute control of agro. Burst dps can't pull agro off me. Your best high HP or full mitigation tank can't pull agro off without a taunts.

Works great for tank swaps.

I haven't had complaints about healers. They don't have trouble keeping up. You would be surprised how well the spec performs

No one has done it

Please more L2P tips. You've been most helpful

You need to go back to just trolling fleet because that crap don't work here mate. lol

No HM group is going to allow their 2nd tank to be in DPS/skank gear. lol (SM Ops don't count.)

StrangeClouds was very correct in what he was saying. You're the one that's just out there with your randomness. Companions are much stronger than they used to be. Especially certain ones in certain specs. FP's are soloable.

You need to go back read the L2P tips because apparently you could use them.

-eric

Please also check companion tanks not leaping into combat unless commanded.

• 2 months later...

On March 26, 2018 you said

Eric, were you telling us the truth when you said this?

I ask because you have had 3 months to fix the problem, and it seems like you have chosen not to, and probably never really intended to in the first place, but I wanted give you the benefit of the doubt and ask anyway.