PvP'rs Screwed for Conquest with 5.8

Viraxis

They could remove Credits, CXP and Components from Warzones and I'd still play them just because they're fun.

I only PVP on this game, and dress my barbies up in outfits. Fact is we don't want them to remove incentives and "carrots" that encourage players to participate in different aspects of the game.

Just because you and I like PVP doesn't mean others do. The conquest points awarded to players DID encourage some to queue for PVP, and even if it was a small number that adds to the WZ queue.

It's the same old story here. They keep shaving things off their own game by removing facets to it that appeal to different types of players. This is dumb. Perks and choices are good.

They remove options and choices on behalf of the player then add in a new "improved" system that almost always is for the worst that limits what the player can do in the game. Dumb.

I swear for every step forward swtor seems to always take 2-3 steps backwards. It's almost as if they have 3-5 different people that all have different ideas as to how the game should be developed, all working at the same time never knowing what the other is doing.

Oh well. Lowbie PVP is still fun when both teams are fairly equal in skill. And I still can dress up all my little PVP gods and goddesses in cool looking outfits. So it's not all gone. Yet.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the case, if Bioware really hates PvP this much, why not just completely remove Warzones and open world PvP altogether?

Pvp players DESERVE to have all the rewards as pve players. Stop highlighting pve over pvp really. Do you understand that if pvp players WILL QUIT (which is already happening due to dev's ignorance to all pvp problems) swtor will die instantly because of enormous sub drop.

Looking at all changes all i see is: ops, fps, conquest, pve, pve, pve. Nothing to pvp. And no, class changes cant be considered as pvp changes since it has impact on both pvp and pve.

It seems bioware decided to kill pvp in this game. Fine, lets see what they will do with huge sub drops

Edited by omaan

LOL

What a silly reason to unsub.. Who cares about conquest ? If you are a PVP-er you enjoy PVP.

They will fix it with 5.9 or with another patch before it.

The problem is not even in conquest only. There are also tonnes of other problems one of which os that devs ARENT PROVIDING ANYTHING NEW TO PVP. They even delayed the end of season 9 to summer lol. In other mmo pvp season lasts 5-6 months but in swtor devs are too lazy to change a number in 3 colored flares from 8 to 9, and make some new weapons for winners. Not mentioning cheaters (yeah iam talking about you, shadow from DM with 3 letters in the nick name), Wintraders (*showing a finger on top 1-10 players with only 40-98 wins), reskinned yavin warzone, acid 4-man operatives groups in tr etc.

IT is time devs say to us whether they WILL do changes and maintain pvp or they wont so we can unsub due to death of pvp

In patch 5.8 pvpers are getting yet another slap in the face. There is little to no incentive these days to play pvp and with the latest conquest changes pvp is out as an option. You can't just have pvp as an option in the game and at the same time make such terrible decisions.

So I think it's time now to get an answer from BW: Do you or do you not want players to play pvp in swtor??

If the answer is no then REMOVE the entire pvp option from the game. If the answer is yes start caring about pvp players instead of keeping up ignoring us. Your silence is not even on the verge of being rude anymore, it's quite unacceptable by now.

Exactly, time for devs to give us an answer.

Pvp players DESERVE to have all the rewards as pve players. Stop highlighting pve over pvp really. Do you understand that if pvp players WILL QUIT (which is already happening due to dev's ignorance to all pvp problems) swtor will die instantly because of enormous sub drop.

Looking at all changes all i see is: ops, fps, conquest, pve, pve, pve. Nothing to pvp. And no, class changes cant be considered as pvp changes since it has impact on both pvp and pve.

It seems bioware decided to kill pvp in this game. Fine, lets see what they will do with huge sub drops

They seem to highly underestimate the value of PVP I think.

I imagine PVP probably grants the most headaches, players are extremely passionate and PVP usually brings the worst out in people.

That being said, PVP offers the most competitive (imo) spirit in games and I just wonder why PVP seems to get the shaft more often in this game than any other facets.

Actually I can guess, I would say it has to do with funding and resources then a lack of "finger on the pulse" by the devs of swtor.

You'd think if they cared, they'd look and see what direction they have taken the game, and how the sub count has progressed over the years.

Merging tons of servers into a handful over 5 years should be a good indication that perhaps they are missing something.

They seem to highly underestimate the value of PVP I think.

I imagine PVP probably grants the most headaches, players are extremely passionate and PVP usually brings the worst out in people.

That being said, PVP offers the most competitive (imo) spirit in games and I just wonder why PVP seems to get the shaft more often in this game than any other facets.

Actually I can guess, I would say it has to do with funding and resources then a lack of "finger on the pulse" by the devs of swtor.

You'd think if they cared, they'd look and see what direction they have taken the game, and how the sub count has progressed over the years.

Merging tons of servers into a handful over 5 years should be a good indication that perhaps they are missing something.

Pve also has tonnes of negative things believe me, i saw and heard tonnes of flaming in NiM. Yet it really doesnt matter since in every mmo there are two main activities - pve and pvp. Around these two huge spheres of the game everything else is turning around. But it is obvious that devs decided to focus only on one activity - pve, and totally ignore the other one. Iam still waiting for the day when this game shut down, and some other company will receive a license and makes new star wars mmo with proper development of all types of content.

I only PVP on this game, and dress my barbies up in outfits. Fact is we don't want them to remove incentives and "carrots" that encourage players to participate in different aspects of the game.

Just because you and I like PVP doesn't mean others do. The conquest points awarded to players DID encourage some to queue for PVP, and even if it was a small number that adds to the WZ queue.

It's the same old story here. They keep shaving things off their own game by removing facets to it that appeal to different types of players. This is dumb. Perks and choices are good.

They remove options and choices on behalf of the player then add in a new "improved" system that almost always is for the worst that limits what the player can do in the game. Dumb.

I swear for every step forward swtor seems to always take 2-3 steps backwards. It's almost as if they have 3-5 different people that all have different ideas as to how the game should be developed, all working at the same time never knowing what the other is doing.

Oh well. Lowbie PVP is still fun when both teams are fairly equal in skill. And I still can dress up all my little PVP gods and goddesses in cool looking outfits. So it's not all gone. Yet.

I agree ^^^

The only thing is I noticed far less people in lowbie and Mids since the patch even though it’s double XP, which usually gives a boost to lowbie and mid Pvp.

Removing-limiting conquest from pvp at higher lvls is bad enough, but what they’ve done is make it impossible for all Alts below lvl 50 to participate in conquest anymore.

That means even less people will be bothered pvping in the lowbie or mid bracket.

Edit : I summed it up better in another thread

Pvp traffic has also dropped off even more after the patch, especially lowbie and mid pvp.

Usually when we have a double XP event is when those brackets are the busiest because people are lvling up Alts. This patch has had the opposite effect and people aren’t playing pvp.

I never realised just how many of the pvpers in the queue were doing it for conquest. That means the remaining pvp players who do it for joy and nothing else are less than I ever realised and probably less than many thought.

If these changes to the pvp aspect of conquest aren’t changed, I can see it being the death of pvp.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

There doesn't seem to be a category for "infinitely repeatable" or "once per character" at all.

PVP definitely got screwed. It was formerly a slowish, but reliable, way of getting conquest points across multiple characters. It was formerly infinitely repeatable, and matches took long enough for the point yield that it wasn't abused (for pure conquest farm, ops lockouts--or even full runs--were much faster). Now, only winning one warzone across my entire legacy per day will count. And the point yield for that single win is about a third of what winning a warzone was two days ago. LOL.

And while the point yield for PVPing varied from week to week, pvp was always infinitely repeatable, even during non pvp weeks.

After thinking it over, I've decided I'm going to reserve judgment about whether PvP is screwed overall. The reason is that I noticed that next week's Conquest will be Total Galactic War. If memory serves, that was THE PvP conquest event, including open world PvP objectives, as well as the credit for the wz/gsf dailies and weeklies. If that's been revamped too, then yeah, PvPers have been hosed.

+1 to this. I started PvP here because Conquest gave me an incentive to do it. Help the guild and help yourself, even if you're terrible at it for a while. Eventually you get better, and you earn more points from wins, and so do all the others around you. Until you disincentivize it for the so-called casuals to the point where the reward isn't worth the grind, and they stop queuing altogether.

The only thing is I noticed far less people in lowbie and Mids since the patch even though it’s double XP, which usually gives a boost to lowbie and mid Pvp.

Removing-limiting conquest from pvp at higher lvls is bad enough, but what they’ve done is make it impossible for all Alts below lvl 50 to participate in conquest anymore.

That means even less people will be bothered pvping in the lowbie or mid bracket.

And if I'm not mistaken, courtesy of scuttlebutt on fleet gen chat, lowbie and mid PvP has been sparse since the merge.

I guess we'll see how this pans out.

As if pvp wasn't bad already since the conquest changes players leave warzones right away if we just loose 6 points.

Noone wants to stay if they think we won't win! It's horrendous so thanks BW for - again - adding salt to the already gimped pvp,

As if pvp wasn't bad already since the conquest changes players leave warzones right away if we just loose 6 points.

Noone wants to stay if they think we won't win! It's horrendous so thanks BW for - again - adding salt to the already gimped pvp,

Thrill of the hunt RNG, now the chance of teammates sticking around is decreased.

In patch 5.8 pvpers are getting yet another slap in the face. There is little to no incentive these days to play pvp and with the latest conquest changes pvp is out as an option. You can't just have pvp as an option in the game and at the same time make such terrible decisions.

So I think it's time now to get an answer from BW: Do you or do you not want players to play pvp in swtor??

If the answer is no then REMOVE the entire pvp option from the game. If the answer is yes start caring about pvp players instead of keeping up ignoring us. Your silence is not even on the verge of being rude anymore, it's quite unacceptable by now.

Just... wrong.

There is a pvp leaderboard, pvp seasons with their own currency and items, and pvp titles and achievements.

Why must pvp players get Conquest points every time they *join a wz, and then stand around and do nothing*?

Just... wrong.

There is a pvp leaderboard, pvp seasons with their own currency and items, and pvp titles and achievements.

Why must pvp players get Conquest points every time they *join a wz, and then stand around and do nothing*?

Why is there a problem with everyone getting conquest points for doing what they enjoy?

Is there anyone who enjoys grinding ilum runs?

I think every repeatable group content should be worth points tjat way everyone can do what they want.

Thr leaderboard, seasons, etc i would also point out only matter to ranked players.

Just... wrong.

Why should you get conquest points for donating invasion forces that were given to you by a guild mate?

Just... wrong.

Why do you even care?

Having conquest points in pvp only increases participation and is better for the game.

I am not a long-time PVP player. Prior to Dark vs. Light I had never even entered a Warzone. But, last year I started playing PVP and have been enjoying the challenge in unranked on different toons. Sure, i have been frustrated by cheaters that seem to persist, and the obnoxious behavior of a few players, but the number of people who go into an unranked Warzone and "just stand around doing nothing" is very low in my experience.

I haven't tried ranked yet, so I don't know about the presence of people doing nothing there, but I imagine that that is also really uncommon. I doubt that most ranked PVPers would take kindly to someone just standing around being cannon fodder in a ranked Warzone.

Couldn't agree more, I completed the weekly last night and had only like 4000 conquest points. I just don't understand why the weekly quests for FP, PVP and Uprising were removed. Also why only make PVP wins count , this will merely encourage people to drop out of losing matches, as they won't get anything for a lose.

Just... wrong.

People who "join the warzone and do nothing" is a prpblem which must be dealt with by DEVS. Kicking vote system doesnt work really, havent seen afker's being kicked by it. You cant blame pvp and demand to remove it from conquest system BECAUSE OF DEV's NOT PLAYER's Mistakes. Cheaters, nob-working kick system, lack of deserter debuff if someone leaves - it is all DEVS problems and result of THEIR negligence.

Should i remind you how players are abucing pve by inviting players to farm "last boss" every day?

People who "join the warzone and do nothing" is a prpblem which must be dealt with by DEVS. Kicking vote system doesnt work really, havent seen afker's being kicked by it. You cant blame pvp and demand to remove it from conquest system BECAUSE OF DEV's NOT PLAYER's Mistakes. Cheaters, nob-working kick system, lack of deserter debuff if someone leaves - it is all DEVS problems and result of THEIR negligence.

Should i remind you how players are abucing pve by inviting players to farm "last boss" every day?

Troll bait, stay away from it. I know it's tempting, ill bite every now and then, but he's just here to get his kicks.

SNIP...

If that is abusing PVE then getting conquest points for just showing up in PVP and losing is also abusing it.

Otherwise, you would be arguing for conquest points to be handed out to people that just show up for an OPS and don't actually finish it.

If that is abusing PVE then getting conquest points for just showing up in PVP and losing is also abusing it.

Otherwise, you would be arguing for conquest points to be handed out to people that just show up for an OPS and don't actually finish it.

That is the problem you must go to devs with, not here. Demand it from them to change so that even if pve group screws up on the last boss - they still get conquest points. I dont care really, but what we are talking here about is that biofail completely took pvp out of conquest. By the way, the idea of making that wins in pvp gives much more conquest points than loose is pretty good because it will make pvp really competitive. Devs must do it also. And "farming only lasts boss on different characters" is far more abusive than loosing in pvp if you compare them. Onces again - afk'ing in pvp is devs fault because their kick system isnt working as good as it works in pve

Edited by omaan

Sadly, this is all true.

I'm pretty sure this was an attempt to stop players from gaming PvP for progress. But it was the wrong approach, as players will always find the lowest hanging fruit if they want to take advantage for easiest gain.

The proper way to address this is exactly the same as properly addressing GC back early in 5.0 ---> make all methods of gaining progress in a broad activity like this roughly equal so that no player feels compelled to play content they would not normally play just to get progress points. This would largely address PvEers playing PvP just for progress on something, and PvPers playing PvE just for progress on something.

That said..... players will always game any progress system in any way they can find... and in the case of PvP.... the problem of win-trading will persist no matter what.. so for something like Conquests... the best approach is probably to make win or lose fairly similar in rewards such that players see no reason to win-trade.

Bottom line.... 30 minutes (the actual interval of time is unimportant to my point so insert any number you like) of real effort (not AFKing) in PvP or PvE sould reward the same progress in Conquests, and the only real differentiator should be giving Group activities a stronger bonus then solo activities.

One thing the studio needs, and does not appear to have is a "behavior analyst" on staff. This would be somebody who is very good at looking at any mechanic, feature, or content planned for the game and is able to present a list of expected player exploiting activities to find and exploit the lowest hanging fruit in the game for whatever they are seeking. This could also benefit the studio, and the player base, by better identifying true exploits BEFORE they go live. Players are clever.. so you need someone whose focus is on what players likely will do when given X, Y, or Z.... essentially the ability to predict and interdict probable "cheat pathways" before they go live. This is NOT something you can use actual players to sniff out.. you need someone who is able to objectively think and act like a cheater, advantage taker, or full on exploiter.

Edited by Andryah