Livestream - 3/13 @ 2PM PT

EricMusco

so, BW has decided to nerf/get rid of tanks using dps gear. I guess that this is a super threat to the stability of the game, or BW thinks that the players can only enjoy the game the way that they say the game should be enjoyed. I am glad I ended my renewal of the game. I get the feeling that PVE players are not welcome in this game now.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, BW has decided to nerf/get rid of tanks using dps gear. I guess that this is a super threat to the stability of the game, or BW thinks that the players can only enjoy the game the way that they say the game should be enjoyed. I am glad I ended my renewal of the game. I get the feeling that PVE players are not welcome in this game now.

If they have the capacity i hope they address the reason people are akanking. I for one would happily run tank gear in pvp if it noticeably benefited survivability.

That said i think their capability amounts to painting elephants, qnd we can fully expect a straight damage nerf. If you choose to paint this elephant please remember to consider aggro generation in pve, as well as potential enrage issues

TLDR: be it lack of staffing or something else obviously their capacity to make game shifting changes is limited. Thus this change will amount to painting the elephant in the room.

Edited by KendraP

What happened when raiding was neglected for 2 years? Raiders complained bitterly and left. What happened with all of the screw ups with pvp over the years? Pvpers complained bitterly then left. Why should it be any different with story players? The quantity we got was only a tiny fraction of any previous year, so we are complaining and many are leaving. Saying it's our turn to suffer doesn't work. Aside from two wrongs not making a right, this game isn't in a place where it can afford to slough off another major portion of it's player base.

And I don't think 35-45 minutes of non-repeatable story content in a year is more content than a full raid in two difficulty levels. Story is not created equally and the little bit of story we got was extremely shallow. It's more like bullet points of a story outline instead of the story itself. Think of the story content we got in the past year as being the story equivalent of the 18 DvL world bosses that require a raid to take down. They were technically raid content and wow there were a lot of them, but they weren't at all what raiders wanted.

I am happy raiders finally got a raid and will be getting another one. Pvp & GSF desperately need more love too. I fully support raiders complaining that they aren't getting NiM. I fully support pvpers complaining about their new maps being nothing but re-skins. And I also believe it's just as acceptable for story people to complain that the small amount of content we've gotten this past year has been very low quality with no assurance that we will get anything better in the future. Bioware needs to understand that a cheap substitute isn't acceptable for any group. DvL bosses couldn't take the place of instanced raids. Re-skinned maps can't take the place of fresh, new maps. Shallow snippets don't take the place of fully fleshed out chapters, hell, or even side quests.

There was no new raid content for over 2 years while there was plenty of content being added to other parts of the game and mainly story. There was no new PVP content for over 2 years while there was plenty of content being added to the game and mainly story. There has been comparatively less story content being added to the game when content for the rest of the game has been equally slow. I see a pretty clear difference here, don't You?

If you don't think the content added is enough for you go ahead and complain/unsubscribe. Just don't be dishonest and complain about the raiders getting all the content when n9body is really getting that much, (not saying that you were doing so).

Edited by Dewlmenow

There was no new raid content for over 2 years while there was plenty of content being added to other parts of the game and mainly story. There was no new PVP content for over 2 years while there was plenty of content being added to the game and mainly story. There has been comparatively less story content being added to the game when content for the rest of the game has been equally slow. I see a pretty clear difference here, don't You?
Could not agree more!!! We've had exponentially more story added than anything else in the past 3 years...story is the only aspect of the game that's never been slighted for years.

How did this turn into yet another tiresome us vs. them, story vs. PvE debate? What we need is content, period, and I personally no longer GAF in what form it comes as long as it is an indicator of the game's continuation and a healthy future.

It would also be nice if we, as players, as people who all enjoy SWTOR, could stand together despite our different preferences. I assume we all want the best for this game so instead of pointing fingers of "you got this, it's our turn", "no because such and so", let's put our efforts toward just fighting for the game's future period.

At times I'm not even surprised BW won't have a discussion with us and just does their own thing if we can't even discuss a live stream without launching into a "my niche matters more than yours" debate that's really, completely pointless. We all care about our own thing, no matter how understanding we are to the other so it's a vicious circle where no one wins, no one's right and no one's wrong, it's all perspective and preference.

How did this turn into yet another tiresome us vs. them, story vs. PvE debate? What we need is content, period, and I personally no longer GAF in what form it comes as long as it is an indicator of the game's continuation and a healthy future.

It would also be nice if we, as players, as people who all enjoy SWTOR, could stand together despite our different preferences. I assume we all want the best for this game so instead of pointing fingers of "you got this, it's our turn", "no because such and so", let's put our efforts toward just fighting for the game's future period.

At times I'm not even surprised BW won't have a discussion with us and just does their own thing if we can't even discuss a live stream without launching into a "my niche matters more than yours" debate that's really, completely pointless. We all care about our own thing, no matter how understanding we are to the other so it's a vicious circle where no one wins, no one's right and no one's wrong, it's all perspective and preference.

/agreed and nicely stated.

EXACTLY! We have got to quit fighting over which group is more important, which kind of player deserves content. An MMO attracts many kinds of players and a healthy population needs all those players. Assigning priority only hurts the game more. I don't think any of the player types are happy, clearly the staff needs to reconsider how they provide content,. We don't need to fight among ourselves about who deserves what.

Edited by DuchessKristania

Yet the us vs them always happens, it seems. I wish it was different, but whenever something gets released, and someone doesn't like it, it's suddenly a waste of resources, waste of time, not real content, not enough content.

It is sad that we have to fight over nothing, but as long as we get as little as we do, and we each want the most out of what we personally want, there will always be bickering.

Yet the us vs them always happens, it seems. I wish it was different, but whenever something gets released, and someone doesn't like it, it's suddenly a waste of resources, waste of time, not real content, not enough content.

It is sad that we have to fight over nothing, but as long as we get as little as we do, and we each want the most out of what we personally want, there will always be bickering.

It's true, and I think the us vs. them is happening a lot right now because we're like starving people fighting over scraps. I think we can all agree that no one is particularly satisfied with what they're getting. It all feels like a quarter of actual content. Personally, I'd be fine if there was a rotation of content. I'd rather take turns and get more per release, but I think I'm in the minority on that.

It's true, and I think the us vs. them is happening a lot right now because we're like starving people fighting over scraps. I think we can all agree that no one is particularly satisfied with what they're getting. It all feels like a quarter of actual content. Personally, I'd be fine if there was a rotation of content. I'd rather take turns and get more per release, but I think I'm in the minority on that.

Yeah, agreed. It's sad.:o:( I'd be fine with a rotation. :) I think anyway! Anything seems better than the current situation however.

While that may be true that it seems to be us vs. them, there is no reason we have to act like that. I for one think everyone deserves some content. I am not a fan of Arcann but I know some people do. I don't really have a problem with him being a romance character, just not a fan of the way they did the story but I am not going to say that people like you that like him shouldn't get him as a romance character. When people realize that bickering is just hurting the community may they will stop acting like children and see that.

I tend to play all aspects of the game (except pvp) and know that everyone needs something but I am not going to downgrade/make fun/bicker because someone got something I don't like. There been countless times in the past six years they added content I didn't care for but I also knew that some would like it. What is important is to get content for people to keep them playing.

Now on a side note: Devs you can do better with the companion return than you have, at least I hope you can.

While that may be true that it seems to be us vs. them, there is no reason we have to act like that. I for one think everyone deserves some content. I am not a fan of Arcann but I know some people do. I don't really have a problem with him being a romance character, just not a fan of the way they did the story but I am not going to say that people like you that like him shouldn't get him as a romance character. When people realize that bickering is just hurting the community may they will stop acting like children and see that.

I tend to play all aspects of the game (except pvp) and know that everyone needs something but I am not going to downgrade/make fun/bicker because someone got something I don't like. There been countless times in the past six years they added content I didn't care for but I also knew that some would like it. What is important is to get content for people to keep them playing.

Now on a side note: Devs you can do better with the companion return than you have, at least I hope you can.

I agree and yes we don't have to act like that. It's extremely exhausting to see all the fighting going on about pointless things. content you are not interested in isn't going to go away, when you express how much you hate it and how much they or whoever shouldn't get it. It's fine to show your displeasure and tell the devs about it. But the way some people choose to express themselves is just absurd. It's almost as if it's personal against the devs and their fellow community members that are on the opposite side of the fence. Do we really have to hate each other for it? :o

I like story and PvP myself, I don't feel anything for PvE or GSF, world events or things alike. But I know that there are those who do and they need to have their content refreshed as well.:)

As for Arcann, I don't mind if people dislike him, they are free to say so, but I do find it absurd when threads are being made to ban it or remove it from development. I don't see how that works in anyone's benefit. It's like throwing money out of the window. Especially as it's already finished.

And what if it did made a difference, and the same would happen tot he content you enjoyed? You'd be pretty upset as well.

Note that when I say you, I am speaking in general and not to you personally, Casirabit. :)

I hope devs wont turn a blind eye on what's going on with the community, because I've never seen a forum where we all love the game, being so hostile towards their own community members. Usually people hate on another game, not on content added to their own. It makes me sad.:o

If you don't think the content added is enough for you go ahead and complain/unsubscribe. Just don't be dishonest and complain about the raiders getting all the content when n9body is really getting that much, (not saying that you were doing so).

I'm trying to explain to you why story people are unhappy. It's far less about the quantity than the quality.

Let me give you a tl:dr. 5.0 raiders got 18 DvL raid bosses. It wasn't the type of raid content they had been asking for, so in their minds they got no raid content, even though they did. Similarly, post KotET story has been very far away from a solid, engaging story. It is not the quality or type of story that story players want, so in our minds we haven't gotten what we want in over a year now either.

The Traitor arc is to story what DvL bosses are to raiding. Just like all raid content isn't equal, not all story content is equal. If we are only going to get 35-45 minutes of story content for another year, we want it to be a GOOD 35-45 minutes.

Constant complaining got Bioware back on track making proper raids. We can only hope that constant complaining about the quality of the story will eventually get Bioware back on track making good stories. Nothing will improve if we sit quietly in a corner and let them pretend they are doing well enough.

Edited by Damask_Rose

I'm trying to explain to you why story people are unhappy. It's far less about the quantity than the quality.

Let me give you a tl:dr. 5.0 raiders got 18 DvL raid bosses. It wasn't the type of raid content they had been asking for, so in their minds they got no raid content, even though they did. Similarly, post KotET story has been very far away from a solid, engaging story. It is not the quality or type of story that story players want, so in our minds we haven't gotten what we want in over a year now either.

The Traitor arc is to story what DvL bosses are to raiding. Just like all raid content isn't equal, not all story content is equal. If we are only going to get 35-45 minutes of story content for another year, we want it to be a GOOD 35-45 minutes.

Constant complaining got Bioware back on track making proper raids. We can only hope that constant complaining about the quality of the story will eventually get Bioware back on track making good stories. Nothing will improve if we sit quietly in a corner and let them pretend they are doing well enough.

As someone who does a little bit of everything, but mostly PvP, i tend to agree with the "if no one is getting what they want, why dont we work together rather than blaming each other" sentiment.

As someone who does a little bit of everything, but mostly PvP, i tend to agree with the "if no one is getting what they want, why dont we work together rather than blaming each other" sentiment.

Yup! In the end, we don't actually decide what we get.:o

Hopefully, the rumors about another expansion turn out to be true. I'm not pinning anything on the rumors, but I think everyone can agree that it would be awesome to see a real expansion. We're just going to have to wait and see what happens. In the meantime, I'm still going to ask for improvements to the elements of the game that I enjoy, but I do not want those to be at the expense of others. I want to see everybody get new content and have fun with the game. That's the only way to keep people subbed and playing.

Please don't insist on calling the DVL bosses raid bosses. They are most closely related to world bosses/conquest commanders and are completely different from raid bosses. It doesn't help that I have a guild member that had soloed some of them not too long after they came out.

I don't have a problem with story players complaining in general, especially if they're complaining about the quality of the story which I agree was lackluster at best. What I am finding amusing is things like acting like the small amount of story that they are getting now is comparable to raiders/pvpers not getting any new content for multiple years in a row (which is something you did by trying to compare the story that story players got post KotET to raiders getting DVL bosses); as well as story players acting like BWA delivering raid/pvp content was a waste of time and they should get back to only producing story content.

Constant complaining wasn't what got BWA to make raids, it was vastly declining numbers when they tried to get by with story only, which ended up causing a change in management as well as a philosophy change. The only thing that would really cause them to change would be for enough players to quit and leave the reason in an exit survey as the story being what caused them to quit.

I originally joined this game for the story and played for a couple of years as a story only player, and moved on to playing all parts of the game. I would love for them to increase the quality of that story, just don't drag down the other parts of the game when you're calling for them to improve the story.

Edited by Dewlmenow

Please don't insist on calling the DVL bosses raid bosses. They are most closely related to world bosses/conquest commanders and are completely different from raid bosses. It doesn't help that I have a guild member that had soloed some of them not too long after they came out.

Raid

A more substantial engagement involving a large organized group of players typically set in a dungeon and involving difficult bosses.

I think you are proving my point for me. By the general term of "Raid" world bosses, and thus DvL bosses are raid content. They are designed to be difficult bosses that take a large, organized group of players. That is why I'm bringing them up. The "story" we are getting is as far removed from the desired type of story wanted as world bosses are removed from a proper raid.

And congratulations on your guildie soloing some! Everything I've heard they require a full group of 8-16 people who don't do stupid things.

They Require a full Group of 8-16 people who don't do Stupid Things.

Just I thought I would highlight the core of how OPs bosses work and should Always work. Yeah I am sure his guildy soloed ST-0 back in 1.2 far as I am concerned no 70 should ever be allowed to solo any Ops boss. Thankfully BW has mechanics to boss fights to crush any lvl 70 who tries.

Wish I could do OPs but those days are gone for me people use Voice chat as a dependency and I have issues being in groups larger then me and my companion. Soloing is how I roll. Also glad to see people raiding in these groups and can actually function well In a group setting. If the above poster had a guildy who actually soloed a new boss I would love to see it on YouTube! Other wise all he gets is a slight /golf clap :)

Edited by CKNORTH

The last 2 livestreams have had the feel that an adult left their camera on the computer turned on by accident and the kids decided to play pretend broadcast.

I was glad Matt was there,

It's just a really poor showing lately in all regards, livestreams included.

I have to agree with this. It was like they stuck them in the janitors closet and didn’t have room for Matt to even sit next to them. He was relegated to sitting half behind Musco like he didn’t matter or was an after thought.

Has Anthem taken over so much of the building that they can’t even find a room to set up the camera and table spots properly?

Hopefully, the rumors about another expansion turn out to be true. I'm not pinning anything on the rumors, but I think everyone can agree that it would be awesome to see a real expansion. We're just going to have to wait and see what happens. In the meantime, I'm still going to ask for improvements to the elements of the game that I enjoy, but I do not want those to be at the expense of others. I want to see everybody get new content and have fun with the game. That's the only way to keep people subbed and playing.

I am probably in the minority, but I don't want 5 more levels of grinding just so that I can get back to where I am currently at in the game. I want to play what I want, when I want, and I don't like having to grind more levels and to have to regrind gear in order to do it. I especially don't like it when they pawn off what other companies would call a patch as an expansion.

Now, if they did actually put in an expansion with new story, operations, pvp maps, Starfighter maps, and so on, I guess I might look forward to that, but I see no reason for a level cap increase or for new tiers of gear until they give us a significant amount of new content to justify the grind.

I am probably in the minority, but I don't want 5 more levels of grinding just so that I can get back to where I am currently at in the game. I want to play what I want, when I want, and I don't like having to grind more levels and to have to regrind gear in order to do it. I especially don't like it when they pawn off what other companies would call a patch as an expansion.

Now, if they did actually put in an expansion with new story, operations, pvp maps, Starfighter maps, and so on, I guess I might look forward to that, but I see no reason for a level cap increase or for new tiers of gear until they give us a significant amount of new content to justify the grind.

consider me in the minority too then because I'm right there with you.