It's done

Tsillah

There are people who will miss the op being around, I will! We don't always agree, but I've became to consider Tsillah as a friend! I used to dislike people's goodbye threads and found them to be attention seeking in the past, but as sad as I am to see Tsillah go, I'm also happy he let us/me know that he's leaving, so I can say my goodbyes!

I understand that not everybody is going to care, but if you don't, why give this thread attention? Wouldn't you rather not reply to it and have it die down slowly? The op and the people who do want to say bye don't have to see your pointless rants about how you don't like threads such as these, and you don't have to see threads like these any longer than you have to.

Now you've inconvenienced us both.

One of my best friends did a goodbye post once and some people attacked her for it and said she would come back. She never did and unfortunately now she can never come back so when I see posts like these, if I know the person I say goodbye and good luck as you never know what may happen.

Edited by casirabit

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my best friends did a goodbye post once and some people attacked her for it and said she would come back. She never did and unfortunately now she can never come back so when I see posts like these, if I know the person I say goodbye and good luck as you never know what may happen.

There is nothing wrong with a good bye post in a gaming forum in my view. It an effective method to let others know that you will not be around to post anymore. There is even a thread or several in off-topic for that purpose.

However, this was not a good bye thread as much as it was a parting shot about their scorched earth disclosure plan of action. Not a very mature approach to moving on from a game as far as I am concerned. Nobody in the forum needed to know the details of the OPs plan to execute his account and scorch the earth and blow up the building on the way out of the forum and game. It was needless drama.. clearly for dramatic protest purposes.

And for all we know... the OP did not delete characters or give stuff away. Maybe they did, maybe they did not.... there is simply no way for any of us to know or confirm. The OP has threatened to quit in the past and has done so... and has returned as well.

Edited by Andryah

Why can't she ever come back? Dead, or banned? Those are really the only two things that prevent one from 'ever' coming back. Even if she's in prison, you can't be sure she won't eventually get out and return.

Why can't she ever come back? Dead, or banned? Those are really the only two things that prevent one from 'ever' coming back. Even if she's in prison, you can't be sure she won't eventually get out and return.

Scarlet died of a brain aneurysm last July due to an idiot drunk driver that hit the vehicle she was riding in.

Wow Tsillah. You deleted your characters (you probably haven't) just to show your anger over an article based on anonymous sources and because of your frustration with your game. You made a post in order to boost your ego and find satisfaction in seeing other replies hating on the game.

Ridiculous.

This pretty much sums up any thread like this. It's needless and silly to promote your own departure as if your decision to play or not play the game has some kind of grand importance. Great... you deleted your characters because had they just been sitting there unused, your willpower to spend your free time would have been seduced by the temptation to log in and enjoy this game a little bit more.

Scarlet died of a brain aneurysm last July due to an idiot drunk driver that hit the vehicle she was riding in.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I always enjoyed her posts and was sorry she left the game. My condolences to you and to her other friends and family.

Edited by Hudlar

There is nothing wrong with a good bye post in a gaming forum in my view. It an effective method to let others know that you will not be around to post anymore. There is even a thread or several in off-topic for that purpose.

However, this was not a good bye thread as much as it was a parting shot about their scorched earth disclosure plan of action. Not a very mature approach to moving on from a game as far as I am concerned. Nobody in the forum needed to know the details of the OPs plan to execute his account and scorch the earth and blow up the building on the way out of the forum and game. It was needless drama.. clearly for dramatic protest purposes.

And for all we know... the OP did not delete characters or give stuff away. Maybe they did, maybe they did not.... there is simply no way for any of us to know or confirm. The OP has threatened to quit in the past and has done so... and has returned as well.

Why do you go on and on. If you don't care then stop replying about your feelings.

What he does with his account and the things contained in it are his choice and unless you know the person extremely well, all you're doing is wasting time making assumptions that you have no way of knowing to be true. This entire post is nothing more than "this is what I assume is really going on..." and is largely and/or completely irrelevant. And why do you even care so much? (Rhetorical question, of course) It has absolutely nothing to do with you at all. Your life will continue on whatever path it's on, regardless if they're playing or not.

Edited by darkapprentice

Some people are well known in the forums and when they leave some of us would like to know that they are leaving. While you may not care, some of us do and letting us know that he is leaving will not leave us to wonder what happen to him.

He was always respectful to me, whether or not we agree or not and I for one will miss someone like that.

Well said cas.

I rarely post, but have enjoyed some of the postings from the long-time members. Gotta admit that I could never delete my toons like Tsillah has, I prefer to hang on to the bitter end, whenever that is.

*salute*

Gee, considering I clicked on your referral link a month ago [for free, might I add], it would have been nice if you'd sent me a pm asking if I wanted some credits since you're giving away 200 million anyway. Particularly considering you know very well that the major reason I subbed was to make credits, and i've only got two days left to do it.

Like the man said: "If you're going, go. I don't need a status update." If I'm good friends with a few people, I'd send them personal messages. I wouldn't make a bloody thread to ham it up. There's enough scenery chewing in this game as it is without the players adding to it.

Lastly, of all the reasons to leave, that Kotaku article is definitely in the top five for most pathetic.

Right, I suppose a good-bye post is in order. All my characters are gone. Gave stuff away and I'm outta here.

Good luck to you patient folk. I hope for you that the game lasts a long time still.

I just can't care anymore. Too many disappointments, hopes dashed and all that. You know where it's at. No need to get into detail any further.

Some of it's been really good. Some of you guys are awesome.

Thanks Bioware for trying but it's been emotionally draining as a player and it's no longer good enough and I really can't believe it'll get better than it is anymore.

Take care all.

I'm sorry to see you go. I've enjoyed your presence here and you'll be missed. Nobody is replaceable...