Impatient People and Bad Behavior

DarthEnrique

No he is absolutely correct. In a MM FP, if your going to hold people back because you want to sit and harvest everything in sight, then you will be kicked. The vote initiator was kinda a jerk by putting jew, but it is pretty damn selfish, in a master mode, to scavenge everything in site. They are not there for the sights in MM. If you want to harvest everything, do it solo, or even veteran.

Tell me something, did you even bother to ask if it was cool to harvest and hold up progress? Nah, bet you didn't. Ironically, it is PEOPLE like you Tsillah, that cause people to leave. Because the majority can enjoy their time, they have to be held up by a single person smelling the roses, and the sad thing is, you think your entitled to do it.

This is not a single player game, as much as some of you want it to be. Its bad enough we have to put up with this crap in veteran, but you come to expect it. But in a MM D7? which is long anyways? yeah I would have booted you instantly.

I know, but I wanted to pick a fight with someone and be rude with em before I leave this game. Not his fault. Just me wanting to be a proper douche at least once ;)

Edited by Tsillah

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you decided you don't scavenge doesn't mean that entitles you to demand the same of everyone else.

That's complete and utter bollocks.

Seriously man? Seriously?! So the person that is being considerate to the majority of the group are the entitled ones, and the single player in a 4 man group, decides selfishly, to hold that group up, and you REALLY don't think your the entitled one?

Here just in case you never went to school, let me help you out:

entitled - believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

Now who is acting entitled now?

There’s really nothing that can be done about this persay. I have had the same issue and while a bit irritating I do not see what can be done about this.

All I can say, if you really are that driven to harvest things in a MM, be a tank or a healer, something they can't afford to lose, because DPS is a dime a dozen. Oh and to the guy bragging about pulling all the aggro, that isnt really something to brag about, and no, you don't have to be a high dps to do so. Not using target of target to attack what the tank does, that is bad dps, not something to brag about.

Hahahaha...well if you wanna do me a small favour, just vote kick someone and write reason: Tsillah :p

Edit: Hmm I don't suppose you have an alt on Darth Malgus or something? I do need to give my 200 million credits to someone.

:D Sadly no lol I'm NA, and I honestly don't know if I can transfer between regions :p

These players could politely ask. Instead, they removed group mate and writing offencive word. I'm so sorry that some people here do not understand what the problem is. The problem is that insults and moral abuse are considered normal. Especially if someone speed runs and fast CXP grinding. However, I want to ask. Why is CXP grind more important than materials grind? Just because it more important for someone's selfishness?

No idea.

I know, but I wanted to pick a fight with someone and be rude with em before I leave this game. Not his fault. Just me wanting to be a proper douche at least once ;)

:D Heh, I was bored tonight and looking for a bit of a distraction, looks like we accommodated each other :D

(her, btw :p )

:D Heh, I was bored tonight and looking for a bit of a distraction, looks like we accommodated each other :D

(her, btw :p )

yeah I'm glad you have a good sense of humour about it. It was funny in the end and thanks to you in the end. Although I do feel a little bad still about DarthEnrique cause I did derail his thread a bit I fear. He probably ignored me. Hmmm, I wonder if he's on Darth Malgus...

Edited by Tsillah

All I can say, if you really are that driven to harvest things in a MM, be a tank or a healer, something they can't afford to lose, because DPS is a dime a dozen.

What does that have to do with the guy talking about his loading screen taking awhile and getting kicked cause of it? Though interesting suggestion and I may just take that up. Lol!

Edited by DarthEnrique

The Op has, in a verbose way, pretty much nailed why I don't use pop up groups. I admit I only really have two personal horror stories. Twice was enough for me.

I don't understand, then, how I can do ~15 group activities/week (mix of FPs and OPs and UPs) and hardly ever run into problems. Even the daily bonus GF operation is almost always smooth.

And then there are people who seem to constantly have problems so I wish someone could explain that to me. I know people who are upset tend to exaggerate to try and win points but extreme exaggeration seems to be becoming the norm.

I realize it is probably unlikely to happen, but I do rather wish there was some sort of checkbox for "Is here for the story/ CXP speeder runner"

Great idea.

What I am defending, however, are people that vote-kick when they feel their time is being wasted.

Yep.

All OP should have done is report it in-game and /ignore and be done with it but OP, as usual, wanted attention as well and they certainly got it.

I swear people spend more time reporting and complaining about the game and they players than they do actually playing the game.

Yep.

All OP should have done is report it in-game and /ignore and be done with it but OP, as usual, wanted attention as well and they certainly got it.

Agreed.

I don't know the OP, so I've got no horse in the race as to what their motivation was. But generally, yeah. Did you have a legit reason to report? Absolutely. Was posting it here going to accomplish anything further? Prolly not so much.

In other news, was cool to see the other thing (the Darwin bit, and aftermath) smooth itself out.

There’s really nothing that can be done about this persay. I have had the same issue and while a bit irritating I do not see what can be done about this.

You're a hypocrite for saying that. You complain about being kicked for scavenging during a master mode flashpoint, yet you're nonchalant about me being kicked for something I had no control over, before I even had a chance too play. Normally when you are in a group you wait until all members arrive, that is a "reasonable" wait.. obviously it can't get ridiculous. Now I'm not saying you should have been kicked either. First they should have politely asked you to stop. As for myself, I would never scavenge during a master mode flashpoint because I would feel it would be selfish and inconsiderateof the others. If it were a Veteran's then I might ask if it were ok but I certainly would just take off scavenging. The same goes for bonus missions. Not everyone wants to complete them. I'm ok with that because if I really want them, I can do it solo on story version.

Edited by Savyl

Yep.

I swear people spend more time reporting and complaining about the game and they players than they do actually playing the game.

Dude, the more you personally attack me the more you strenghten my argument.

You're a hypocrite for saying that. You complain about being kicked for scavenging during a master mode flashpoint, yet you're nonchalant about me being kicked for something I had no control over, before I even had a chance too play. Normally when you are in a group you wait until all members arrive, that is a "reasonable" wait.. obviously it can't get ridiculous. Now I'm not saying you should have been kicked either. First they should have politely asked you to stop. As for myself, I would never scavenge during a master mode flashpoint because I would feel it would be selfish and inconsiderateof the others. If it were a Veteran's then I might ask if it were ok but I certainly would just take off scavenging. The same goes for bonus missions. Not everyone wants to complete them. I'm ok with that because if I really want them, I can do it solo on story version.

Okay first off I was empathizing with you as I have had that issue too I just don’t know what can be done about it. No need to get on the defensive.

To the rest and as other people have talked about how inconsiderate it is as this person points out below and no one has agrued him:

These players could politely ask. Instead, they removed group mate and writing offencive word. I'm so sorry that some people here do not understand what the problem is. The problem is that insults and moral abuse are considered normal. Especially if someone speed runs and fast CXP grinding. However, I want to ask. Why is CXP grind more important than materials grind? Just because it more important for someone's selfishness?

So it is very interesting how one is okay but the ofher isn’t.

Edited by DarthEnrique

I realize it is probably unlikely to happen, but I do rather wish there was some sort of checkbox for "Is here for the story/ CXP speeder runner"

That is a great idea. I can't stand speedruns, especially when you're supposed to go through acrobatics to avoid mobs.

People talk about the toxicity of PvP - but I've spent the last couple of months trying out both (unranked) PvP and (Veteren) Group Finder as a solo. PvP groups are downright friendly compared to a lot of the people in PUGs.

Please don't tell me to 'mention I'm new to the fp' in spawn - most of the time no one even waits in the spawn point for all the players to load in.

I'll keep doing PvP as a solo player - but not flashpoints with GF.

That is a great idea. I can't stand speedruns, especially when you're supposed to go through acrobatics to avoid mobs.

People talk about the toxicity of PvP - but I've spent the last couple of months trying out both (unranked) PvP and (Veteren) Group Finder as a solo. PvP groups are downright friendly compared to a lot of the people in PUGs.

Please don't tell me to 'mention I'm new to the fp' in spawn - most of the time no one even waits in the spawn point for all the players to load in.

I'll keep doing PvP as a solo player - but not flashpoints with GF.

Let me help you out a little bit, it is pretty much an understanding that people doing MM FPs are not doing it for story. They are doing it for cxp. I also think your suggestion that no one waits for players to load is a little hyperbolic. I have never seen that happen, and if it does, it is rare. Usually in the groups I am in, we decide to give someone at least 2-3 minutes to load. Now there is always an exception to that rule and sometimes you just run into ******es. But it is not a majority experience I have seen.

Dude, the more you personally attack me the more you strenghten my argument.

Calling me "dude" is a gender-phobic micro-aggression that offends me and is a personal attack as well.

You're getting the attention you wanted, as usual, so kudos for yet another successful troll.

Edited by PetFish

Except there was no majority and there was no civil discussion about it. The term "jew" as reason for the kick should tell you right from the start that this is not a person you want to defend...and yet you do.

I would have kicked him for wasting my time too, especially scavenging everything in D7. The 'jew' comment was inappropriate, but you don't waste people's time when you know they're rushing or whatever.

I can do all crew skills in game. I might scavenge a droid or two in D7, but not every single one unless I know I have time, nor do I bio every animal unless I have time or I'm soloing.

Let me help you out a little bit, it is pretty much an understanding that people doing MM FPs are not doing it for story.

Read my post again before lecturing me. I stated I was using Veteren Group Finder. I haven't tried MM at all. I assumed Vet was for leaning, but apparently not. And FYI before you mention 'run them solo' - there are several fp that have NO solo mode and in order to the get the daily reward you have to que for all the flashpoints. For the fp that do have a solo-mode, I don't run them enough to learn all the jumping about to avoid mobs tricks.

No he is absolutely correct. In a MM FP, if your going to hold people back because you want to sit and harvest everything in sight, then you will be kicked. The vote initiator was kinda a jerk by putting jew, but it is pretty damn selfish, in a master mode, to scavenge everything in site. They are not there for the sights in MM. If you want to harvest everything, do it solo, or even veteran.

It's equally selfish to try to force people to rush. Who is anyone to claim what the correct path has to be? Especially scavenging one or two droids while other people rest and recharge should not be an issue.

Tell me something, did you even bother to ask if it was cool to harvest and hold up progress? Nah, bet you didn't. Ironically, it is PEOPLE like you Tsillah, that cause people to leave. Because the majority can enjoy their time, they have to be held up by a single person smelling the roses, and the sad thing is, you think your entitled to do it.

Just like the ones wanting to rush can ask for that. If no one enters the chat no one can voice their opinions/be heard, no one can assume o know exactly what's on people's minds.

This is not a single player game, as much as some of you want it to be. Its bad enough we have to put up with this crap in veteran, but you come to expect it. But in a MM D7? which is long anyways? yeah I would have booted you instantly.

It's not single player, so communication can be important, especially when dealing with harder content. If you jump to kicking you risk the group falling apart, I've seen that all too often, and still consider it a last resort.

Kicking example I had: Someone doesn't listen, doesn't rest up, it's the typical Moronic marauder. I try to get him to acknowledge that I am trying to communicate, he remains ignoring everything. I ask people to wait because there was an boss fight coming up that was new at the time or just more but of course he runs in at half health. So after wiping I initiate the kick typing a reason even and he's all "Why you kick me?".

I thought I was too patient with him but a friend I was in the FP with commended me for using this much patience.

For me kicking will be a last resort unless the community keeps degrading too much and everything feels useless, but then I'll ask myself why I even queue. And it still doesn't mean a kick should come with an insult.

It's equally selfish to try to force people to rush. Who is anyone to claim what the correct path has to be? Especially scavenging one or two droids while other people rest and recharge should not be an issue.

I agree with a lot of what you said but I'm sure it was more than a droid or two when they were recharging. However, even though personally I feel he shouldn't have been kicked without a fair warning, etc.. He should have also be considerate enough to ask the others if they were ok with him scavenging or not. It's selfish to not do that. This was a master flashpoint too, so a lot more difficult.

As I said in a previous post there needs to be a lot more team work and camaraderie even amoungst strangers in a game because for that short time everyone needs to be on the same page for success. That's Something I see lacking in SWTOR group finder flashpoints.

Okay first off I was empathizing with you as I have had that issue too I just don’t know what can be done about it. No need to get on the defensive.

I'm not defensive at all. Infact even stated I didn't think you deserved to be kicked. I merely pointed out your hypocrisy and double standards when you said there is little to be done for someone kicking a player because of slow loading time before they even have a chance to play.. Something they have no control over. You did have control over your actions. I do think it was inconsiderate of you to scavenge on a master mode flashpoint without first asking everyone if they were ok with it. I'm really just trying to enlighten you... not put you down. Please don't take my comments negatively.