Why did Double XP/CXP end early?

PennyAnn

Exactly, I agree completely. Not sure what brings people out of the woodwork to continually white knight for EA. EA stated that the event would run from "DECEMBER 12, 2017 – JANUARY 1, 2018: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4PM PST/12AM GMT".

No one made EA post this information. I was expecting the event to run until yesterday at 7 PM ET per their own statement. Those of you attacking other players for expecting EA to honor their commitment are just wrong. As mistakes go this is a minor one, but frankly EA has little credibility and I would expect they would try to improve their credibility by trying to limit their mistakes.

Actually it's not white knighting. It's expecting what's happened the last few times to continue to happen. Which is what happened.

Technically it's incorrect anyway because GMT to PST is actually PST the previous day. So 12am GMT on Jan 1, is 4pm PST on Dec. 31.... :rolleyes:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't often agree with PetFish (nothing personal, we just have differing views), but he's spot on with this. You've had plenty of time to take advantage of double XP/CXP...if you waited until the last minute, that's on you. I'd like it if CXP was doubled permanently...but to complain because you missed out a few hours of a 3-week event, is just silly.

It might be "silly" for players who have managed to log in every day of that three week window,

As the last three weeks have been (and are every year) the three busiest weeks of the year for my work I've managed to login just 5 times over the last three weeks, 4 of those over the last 4 days of the event, and YES those missing minutes make a difference in that scenario.

But that is all beside the point.

If the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT of an event says it finishes at X Time on Y Date then that is damn well what Time and Date it should finish.

If they don't even care enough about the quality of their product to get simple calendar management announcements right it is no wonder they spent the last 12 moths blundering through late delivered, cut short content and badly thought out nerfs.

It is indicative of a workforce simply not giving a damn about the quality and integrity of the work they do.

Which, ultimately, is why SWTOR is failing - too much, too wrong, too often - and no one in the chain of command who gives enough of a damn to fix it.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds
Typos

It might be "silly" for players who have managed to log in every day of that three week window,

As the last three weeks have been (and are every year) the three busiest weeks of the year for my work I've managed to login just 5 times over the last three weeks, 4 of those over the last 4 days of the event, and YES those missing minutes make a difference in that scenario.

But that is all beside the point.

If the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT of an event says it finishes at X Time on Y Date then that is damn well what Time and Date it should finish.

If they don't even care enough about the quality of their product to get simple calendar management announcements right it is no wonder they spent the last 12 moths blundering through late delivered, cut short content and badly thought out nerfs.

It is indicative of a workforce simply not giving a damn about the quality and integrity of the work they do.

Which, ultimately, is why SWTOR is failing - too much, too wrong, too often - and no one in the chain of command who gives enough of a damn to fix it.

All The Best

I only logged in maybe 6 times during it, so don't lump me in that group...

As for this being why SWTOR is failing...not even close. The lack of development is why SWTOR is failing, not an incorrect time of some events ending.

So what?

How can you possibly think they, or ANYONE, can account for every single player's individual needs?

This is just a petty whiner crybaby thread all cuz of a few hours missing at the end of hundreds of hours and why society is going to hell in a handbag.

Double CXP and Valor should be default rate.

Right, then after a month people will be crying for double that rate, and so on. So no to this.

@TUXs :cool:

Edited by PetFish

So what?

How can you possibly think they, or ANYONE, can account for every single player's individual needs?

They don't have to account for an individuals needs. What they need to do is communicate correctly and effectively and allow us to fit their events into our schedule. That wasn't done, isn't being done.. This is now what the 3rd or 4th event where the time was off.

I got my last two mirrored classes to 300 so I have the 100% for my other alts.. But none of that, or your knighting doesn't change the fact that the information given to us was inaccurate.

As for this being why SWTOR is failing...not even close. The lack of development is why SWTOR is failing, not an incorrect time of some events ending.

The "lack of development" is not even half the problem.

The poor quality of what development we do get is a much bigger concern, and that is part of the same issue that sees "incorrect finishing" time being an issue every damn time there's an event.

If they don't care enough to get simple, narrow impact, details right even once they stand no chance of getting broad brush, wide impact, details right all the time.

IE The issue I highlighted is indicative of an endemic, and systemic lack of understanding of why quality matters.

All The Best

I only logged in maybe 6 times during it, so don't lump me in that group...

Pretty much spot on with that comment. And here we are into the new year with no news of what is to come and they didn't bother to try to use the "carrot on a stick" post around the end of the year to keep our hopes up either. So it's probably going to be a repeat of 2017...again.

Edited by Bakgrind

I'm not "knighting" for the game, I'm "knighting" for common sense and logic instead of the incessant crybabies whining all the time over stupid junk.

They screwed this up at the start and offered plenty of extra time to play with the double-everything 'event' that they didn't need to offer at all, and now people just can't handle the last few hours not being there. Pretty "convenient" that they just happened to have run out of time to play, right?

And what about the recent screw up with the companion gifts on the Imperial Fleet? They let it go so we could take advantage of it after acknowledging the error. But you know that if they fixed it right away the crybabies would be here crying that they weren't able to play during the error.

No matter what they do or don't do, the game will never win, cuz crybabies demanding attention will always be around, and *that* is the most pathetic thing about these situations. They can't just appreciate what they have, they *always* have to play the woe-is-me card.

I'm shocked there hasn't been a thread demanding compensation for free subscriber days yet.

You are not "knighting" for common sense. You are attacking other players by calling them crybabies when those other players want EA/BW to operate in a professional manner by honoring their commitments. IMO, the common sense approach is to expect EA/BW to operate in a professional manner; not to give them a pass for being unprofessional and then attack other players for calling them out and trying to hold EA/BW accountable.

There was a quote earlier that stated "asking for people to be accurate is not a crime. I'm sure you expect your employer to be accurate with your paycheck." Would you be defending your employer if they constantly shortchanged you on your paycheck? Would you be attacking your coworkers if they stated they felt their employer was acting unprofessional for not honoring their commitments?

Your comment about "appreciating what they have" is somewhat odd. As paying customers I would expect that we would always want continuous improvement as opposed to settling for poor service. I guess you enjoy paying for poor service, since your reaction to other players mentioning the poor service is to attack them. I am not a fan of poor service and would like to see continuous improvement. I spend a lot of money on this game because I still enjoy it and I play much more than I should, but it doesn't stop me form being irritated at EA/BWs lack of professionalism, constant bugs, lack of quality control, poor communication, etc.

Frankly, as paying customers I think we deserve better.

Looking at the event page, someone seems to be a bit confused about AM and PM.

PST time is sometimes 4 AM, sometimes 4 PM, yet GMT time is always 12 AM. 12 AM is midnight, though, and daily reset is always at noon GMT.

If you moved the mouse over your xp bar ingame, you saw a timer, and for a change it was set to run out exactly when it was supposed to, if you think about it - with daily reset on Jan 1st. Ending an event at midnight GMT wouldn't make much sense unless they intended to move the daily reset to that time (maybe to avoid further conquest problems.)

Edited by Mubrak

I'm not "knighting" for the game, I'm "knighting" for common sense and logic instead of the incessant crybabies whining all the time over stupid junk.

They screwed this up at the start and offered plenty of extra time to play with the double-everything 'event' that they didn't need to offer at all, and now people just can't handle the last few hours not being there. Pretty "convenient" that they just happened to have run out of time to play, right?

And what about the recent screw up with the companion gifts on the Imperial Fleet? They let it go so we could take advantage of it after acknowledging the error. But you know that if they fixed it right away the crybabies would be here crying that they weren't able to play during the error.

No matter what they do or don't do, the game will never win, cuz crybabies demanding attention will always be around, and *that* is the most pathetic thing about these situations. They can't just appreciate what they have, they *always* have to play the woe-is-me card.

I'm shocked there hasn't been a thread demanding compensation for free subscriber days yet.

Yeah you are.. and I'm not asking for anything other than the information I'm given be accurate. Nothing more, nothing less. As a subscriber and someone you'd probably term as a CM whale I spend quite a bit of cash on a game that I enjoy immensely. Expecting that the information I'm given is precise and accurate is not an ungodly request.

Well, Bioware have proven many times that they are not good with dates and times.

Not to be rude but you wouldn't ask an illiterate person to write something. Perhaps we just need to accept that when it comes to times and dates Bioware doesn't have any literate people.

I prefer them to be accurate, but it seems they are just not able to do this.

On that note, I noticed that conquest reset a a lot earlier this week. Did they change the times back or was that also an "oops" moment?

People on this forum don't understand that. You either rag on the game or you're a white knight for the studio. There is no middle ground. Common sense is an uncommon trait here.

I didn't even think it was early as most of the events end early in the morning so when I logged in and noticed it was gone I figured yep it was over and on schedule with everything else. I really don't see why this is a big deal there are more important things that something like this. Edited by casirabit

People on this forum don't understand that. You either rag on the game or you're a white knight for the studio. There is no middle ground. Common sense is an uncommon trait here.

Common sense is expecting EA/BW to provide accurate information. It is not common sense to attack other players for expecting EA/BW to provide accurate information.

So it's the studio's fault you don't know how time zones work?

http://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-the-time-zone/

I know how time zones work. I live in the Mountain time zone, so I'm only 1 hour off from the announcements that list Pacific (PST). The announcement on the in-game events page states DECEMBER 12, 2017 – JANUARY 1, 2018: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4PM PST/12AM GMT. 4 pm PST is 5 pm MST. The event did not end at 4 pm. For me, it ended at 5 am, which is 4 am PST. The event ended 12-hours early. I'm not upset about it, but the problem isn't as simple as someone not understanding time zones. The event ended 12-hours early. That is the issue people have.

(DECEMBER 12, 2017 – JANUARY 1, 2018: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4PM PST/12AM GMT)

January 1 at 4 PM PST = January 1 at 7 PM EST for my time zone. It looks to me that EA/BW should have been more articulate in their statement. Maybe using 1 time zone instead of 2 would have helped, but the problem is still on their end for not communicating properly. If they had communicated properly, no one would have been confused or asked the question. Again to the point that EA/BW does not communicate professionally.

Makes no difference whether a person knows or does not know how time zones work in regards to this. The event ended 12 HOURS early which is most certainly the fault of BioWare/EA!

Astounding that so many seem to have failed to comprehend why some are unhappy about this. Many would have planned their gaming that day to take advantage of the final hours of the event, then when they log in they find the event has ended early. That's not the fault of the player for failing to plan properly, it's not the fault of the player for bad planning, nor is it the fault of the player for not understanding time zones! This was purely down to BioWare!

Common sense is expecting EA/BW to provide accurate information. It is not common sense to attack other players for expecting EA/BW to provide accurate information.

Let’s get to the bottom of this and it has nothing to do with them being accurate.

This error could have been anything, literally ANYTHING, like someone left the toilet seat up at the HQ, and people would be making rage posts about it. People are so petty that they’re looking for any excuse or reason at all to justify in their brains that it’s time to rage at the game and how terrible it is.

But they don’t think to themselves ‘hmmmm, is this *really* worth spazzing-out over?’. Cuz they’re already locked-and-loaded looking for any reason to pull the trigger and in this scenario there’s nothing anyone can do to appease people just looking for a fight cuz they’ve already lost before it even begins.

There’s so many other things to be concerned with than a missing few hours of an already-extended perk event.

Let’s get to the bottom of this and it has nothing to do with them being accurate.

This error could have been anything, literally ANYTHING, like someone left the toilet seat up at the HQ, and people would be making rage posts about it. People are so petty that they’re looking for any excuse or reason at all to justify in their brains that it’s time to rage at the game and how terrible it is.

But they don’t think to themselves ‘hmmmm, is this *really* worth spazzing-out over?’. Cuz they’re already locked-and-loaded looking for any reason to pull the trigger and in this scenario there’s nothing anyone can do to appease people just looking for a fight cuz they’ve already lost before it even begins.

There’s so many other things to be concerned with than a missing few hours of an already-extended perk event.

You might want to read up on the meaning of "few", maybe this explanation will help: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/few

The event ended 12 HOURS earlier than advertised, that's most certainly more than the "few hours" you keep stating. That's basically a day's gaming for the vast majority! All you're really doing is adding to the annoyance by blaming players for complaining.

Sure, there are lots of other things to be concerned with, but in this instance many players would have planned their day of gaming in SWTOR to take advantage of the final hours of this event only to log in and find that the event had ended 12 HOURS earlier than BioWare had announced! That's purely down to BioWare, whether the mistake was in closing the event early or the wrong times in the original announcement. Players were simply asking why the event ended early, then you made your first post in the thread and exacerbated the entire situation! Now players are being told it's their fault for not understanding time zones, even though that has absolutely nothing to do with this at all!

BioWare made a mistake somewhere, the reasons are for them to determine, but they wouldn't know to look into it if they weren't told about it in the first place! *shrug*

Not sure why everyone is freaking out about this.

I simply posted to point out the fact that they have been advertising for the event inaccurately. Not only that, but there are several other events on that page that have the same time structure listed. They are also inaccurate, I would assume. And Bioware can leave them that way, or they can be fixed and giving out correct information on the times that these things begin and end, accurately advertising the few events we have in this game - but that part is not up to me.

No crying, no need for slitting your throats over other people's reactions to this - just stating a fact.

I'm not going to argue with anyone about this because frankly I don't care that much. But as is typical, reading comprehension on these forums is low, and boredom with the game is high enough to cause forum wars over someone pointing out an error in their advertising.

Just gonna leave this right here. Happy New Year, fellas.

I'm not going to argue with anyone about this because frankly I don't care that much.

Your OP suggests otherwise or you wouldn't have taken the time to make it. But, I suppose if you didn't do it someone else would have.

Just gonna leave this right here. Happy New Year, fellas.

Happy New Year!