Little tips and tricks that you didn't know..

Lheim

I didn't see this one posted so I'll go ahead and mention it:

If you have a companion out and you see a gatherable at any distance, you can right-click on it and your companion will go over to it and loot it so long as he can walk over to it.

I found it useful to stand on top of a large rock where there are gatherable spawns nearby and just click on them when they appear. You can also click on them while running down the road and your companion will teleport next to you once they're done gathering the resource.

You can also gather another node yourself while your companion gathers theirs.

Also your companion does not use the full range to gather and can cause aggro issues at times. Either dismiss it or mount up and click the node at it's farthest range and you auto-dismount and collect it yourself without your companion going for it.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Sith Inquisitor can jump slightly higher and farther by using the ability 'Overload' while jumping. It has to be timed very precisely though, practice makes perfect.

It can help when jumping for Datacrons.

Dont roll a size 3 or 4 character if you want all the datacrons. Size of body affects hit box (yes in pvp too) and you wont make it through some gaps in the routes to some datacrons.

Reverse Engineering your crafted items has a chance of learning the "Blue" version of that item which is better than the normal version and has a higher threshold of leveling your prof.

Hope this helps. :)

Also, re-engineering blue leads to purple, it can be expensive but the results are often quite a few levels better.

These are awesome suggestions and I am loving them all.

One thing I can add (if it wasn't added in the several pages worth I haven't read yet) is that when you select your advanced class, you get a gear bag. For some reason when I originally received this, I thought it was a special totem that had to basically sit in the inventory for you to be able to run the game.

Stupid, but that's how I treated it. I finally saw someone in chat say the other day, "Hey remember to open that bag you get when you choose your AC", and I thought to myself holy cow. I had just chosen Jedi Sentinel, and when I opened the bag, voila, a second offhand lightsaber to use.

I went back to my L31 Trooper and still had that stupid bag sitting in there. Opened it up and found a starter assault cannon that I'd never used.

OPEN YOUR AC BAG!! lol

Warzone commendations max at 1000, so if you keep pvping you lose any gathered over that. Instead convert them into mercenary commendations at fleet pvp vendor. 30 warzone for 10 mercenary.

Once you reach light/dark side lvl 2 you can buy artifacts from the light'dark vendors on the fleet, they offer +endurance and when activated power/alacrity/crit bonus for a short duration. Just drag the artifact onto a ability slot.

Pvp gear at lvl 20/40 can be better than regular gear early on. It also offers early access to implants/ear piece.

You can get "slave/dancer" armour from Nar Shaddaa cantina, it requires soc lvl 2.

Old companion gear can be reverse engineered with appropriate skill.

When crafting the colour of the little circle next to the item determines if it will give a skill gain. Grey won't, orange will.

I found it useful to keybind target nearest enemy/ target next enemy and target nearest friend/next friend.

Focus Target:

1.Hit ESC to bring up the menu.

2.Click the PREFERENCES button.

3.Click the GAME tab at the botton of the PREFERENCES window (you should already be here).

4.Click the Controls option on the left side of the PREFERENCES window.

5.Check the "Enable Focus Target" check-box.

6.Click the KEY BINDINGS tab at the bottom of the PREFERENCES window.

7.Select Targeting option on the left.

8.Find the "Set Focus Target / Swap Focus Target" keybind.

9.Choose a new keybind if you want (I use the + key).

10.Scroll down further until you find the "Focus Target Modifier".

11.Choose a new keybind if you want (I use a mouse button).

Now we're ready to actually use this functionality!

1.Target your companion, or anyone else that you need to heal frequently.

2.Press your "Set Focus Target" keybind.

3.Hold down your "Focus Target Modifier" keybind.

4.You should see that the mouse cursor turns blue.

5.Use a healing ability, and it should now be applied to your Focus target.

Followed your instructions exactly, but in my case the cursor never turns blue. I have a blue downward arrow pointing at my focus target, and the "self modifier" key turns the cursor green (and works correctly) but for me, it never goes blue. I have tried using various different keys in case it's some sort of "ghost key" issue, but none of them work. I logged a support ticket and got a "It's been passed up but we can't give you any feedback" canned response.

Edited by Ancaglon

Don't spam lfg every 30 seconds and everyone won't ignore you, making it even more challenging to find a group. Also, when it says tehre's 50 people in the zone, and that number doesn't change.... probably nobody new is going to see your message anyhow.

another pro-tip

This thread is awesome. Some good info here I did not know.

A very basic one, but when reading maps, the lighter blue areas are higher than the darker blue areas. Useful if just trying to nav by map.

You can nav by map by running with the map screen open. It fades out slightly when you run so you can avoid in game obstacles. I find this to be the fastest way to navigate new areas where I don't know where I'm going.

Just discovered this one:

Open the crew members screen, and you can send crew members you don't have with you out on crafting and skill missions. Should be obvious I guess, but wasn't to me. I'm now leveling up with the best of 'em.

Edited by Crowdpleazr

Awesome thread :)

Its still under investigation, needs experimenting. But the theory is that you can turn any orange gear (including social gear) in your level range adding the right modifications.

So if (like in my case) your favourite looking gear is an orange level 10 piece, you can still upgrade it to keep you going through all your levels as long as you keep your modification updated (keep in mind that this can be expensive as you level up)

2 things you have to have in mind, type of gear (cloth, medium, heavy armor) and the most important part: armor mod slot. This slot will adjust your gear armor values to the correct ones for your modification level. Its also obvious, but the piece of gear should have 3+ mod slots, to keep all the stats rising.

As said before, its under investigation, on a thread in the new players forums. but it looks like it is possible.

cheers ^^

The only way I have found to gear up cross faction alts is to use the neutral GTN in Nar Shaddaa as it sells to both Imperial and Republic. It is a bit of a pain and requires two characters, one either side to have their ships.

Awesome thread :)

Its still under investigation, needs experimenting. But the theory is that you can turn any orange gear (including social gear) in your level range adding the right modifications.

So if (like in my case) your favourite looking gear is an orange level 10 piece, you can still upgrade it to keep you going through all your levels as long as you keep your modification updated (keep in mind that this can be expensive as you level up)

2 things you have to have in mind, type of gear (cloth, medium, heavy armor) and the most important part: armor mod slot. This slot will adjust your gear armor values to the correct ones for your modification level. Its also obvious, but the piece of gear should have 3+ mod slots, to keep all the stats rising.

As said before, its under investigation, on a thread in the new players forums. but it looks like it is possible.

cheers ^^

I used the elegant hat off the social vendor for my head gear for well over 15 levels starting from level 10. I also ended up using the elegant gloves and boots as well. I just updated the stats by using personally crafted mods and mods bought from the different planet commendation vendors. They always seemed to be higher stats than most of the loot items I was getting even blue items.

After you send out your companion for a gathering mission and you want to view your schematics, you can open your crew management window and click the small icon associated with your crafting skill in the upper left corner of the window where it lists your current skill level. This is also useful if you close your schematic window and you wanted to add more items up to 5 for your companion to craft.

Static barrier yourself before hoping onto your speeder. Fly by mobs and you wont get dismounted because you will absorb the attacks. Not sure if this works for other classes who have a similiar defense technique.

Thx for this tip, i really hated get thrown of my speeder by some low lvl mob.

Prototype (purple) items with only mod and enhancement slots can have an armor mod added to them.

If you open the Customization window of the gear and right click the armor mod it will allow you to add it to the piece of gear. The only thing you cannot do is view the current armor mod or remove it but you can add a new one to it.

to find out what current armor mod you have to do a little math but it can be figured out.

Lets say i have a chest piece that has an armor rating of 30, 30 endurance, 35 cunning total stats and the enhancement has 8 endurance, 10 cunning, and the Mod mod has 10 endurance, 10 cunning.

if you add both of the endurance and both of the cunning then subtract the totals you will get the Armor mods values.