Little tips and tricks that you didn't know..

Lheim

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open Preferences, Go to Controls, Scroll down to Combat

* Action Ability Queue Window

- Lets you 'queue' an ability that is on cool down up to 1sec. (Disables if you use something else before it)

Tinker with it to fit your play style. By default it has a .5 sec queue time. I set it to 0 but in some cases a queue can be helpful.

In the preferences, you can enable the tooltip comparison for equipment/gear for your active companion so you can compare an item to your active companion's gear in addition to yours. (This really should be defaulted to "on", not sure why they defaulted it to "off").

Thanks! Manually comparing has been... well, manual.

Any tips on how to set keybinds? im kinda lost on that one!

Awesome thread btw.

Small tip: ( i didnt noticed untill recently) On both the Empire and Republic fleet there are elevators going directly to your starship on the main level.

Do your daily pvp-space mission and always log in/out on your ship. This gives around 60-70k xp with less then an hour playing.

If your companion dies in a place where you can't easily resurrect them (and you managed to get out of combat), you can get them back with full health by summoning a different companion and then switching back to the original one.

Or just by dismissing and summoning him, het or it :p

Ok, someone must have added this already, and I think its right their in the tutorial at the beginning but for those who don't know..

You can turn on auto loot/loot all in same area via the options. One-click looting of all the corpses around me certainly saves time!

Hopefully everyone knew about that one already though..

/stuck command will kill you when in a flashpoint and move you when you get stuck within rocks etc - in both examples items loose durability

dont jump in place while going down on a fast elevator , trust me:)

Edited by Haristas

3. Each companion has a codex entry which will explain their likes and dislikes, and appropriate gifts.

I knew most but didn't know this one.. It's gonne be useful so thanks!

One I'll add in:

If your companion dies don't res then heal it. Dismiss and re-summon it instead. it's quicker and they come back full health.

Don't like your assigned chat colors??

Right click on your general chat tab to open up chat options. Then you can select chat options, click on the chat channel color box to open up the color scheme window.

Other options exist also, creating chat channels, etc.

Can't remember them all, since I am not in game atm.

For some reason, or maybe it's just me, but (6) doesn't seem to work if the map transition icon is presently highlighted for a quest.

edit: or perhaps it doesn't show instanced quest areas. I'm not entirely sure.

It doesn't work if it is an elevator.

Splitting stacks:

To get round the bug when items are linked in chat, if you hold shift and drag with right mouse button, it won't link the item in the chat window.

Convenient way to buy crafting mats (in this example, Synthweaving):

Press N for skills window

drag synthweaving icon into an empty action bar slot

right-click vendor to open his items, then close your inv window

press quickslot icon to bring up synthweaving (or any other craft)

Now you can check what mats you need on 1 side, right-click to buy them on the other

Saves closing pages back and forth if unsure what mats are needed.

Hope this helps

Ohhh very nice, thank you. :cool:

Occasionally there is a bug where you will lose your companion altogether after a cutscene, and not even have the small companion interface in the lower right of your screen. Don't freak out like I did the first time (heheeh). Just click on the little diamond (Crew Window icon) at the top of your screen and the interface will return, and you can summon the companion you want again.