Little tips and tricks that you didn't know..

Lheim

I skimmed the thread and didn't see anyone mention it.. sooo..

You can craft 5 items at a time. This doesn't go for gathering, only for crafting skills such as Armormech, Armstech, Artifice, Biochem, Cybertech and Synthweaving. They do not have to be 5 like items, just go down the list or however/whatever you want to craft and click the "Craft" tab at the bottom right of the crafting sceen. The companion will be sent out for the allotted time (ex: 1 min. per potion for Biochem) X's 5 = 5 min. :) This saves so much time of not having to stop every minute and send the companion out to craft the next item.

This was a serious "Aha!" moment.

Clear as mud? ;)

Hope it helps someone out.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To keep it going, a quick one on crafting :

You will usually have a set of three crew skills : a crafting, a gathering and another gathering. Lets say for example my sorc has Artifice (crafting), Archeology (gathering) and Treasure Hunting (also gathering).

Artifice will level up by crafting (using the materials from 2 and 3). Archeology levels up by picking up items from your travels. Treasure Hunting (the last one) will only level up via missions you send your crew out on.

Up to L40 I only send my crew out on TH missions. There are archeology missions available, but you pay for them and Archeology levels up fine without them. So send your guys out on the third skill. After L40, I started to gather blue and purple recipes and gathering via missions became more useful (you get rare materials you don't find on the floor).

If you care about crafting, don't leave your gathering fall behind. You will have to backtrack to previous planets to find materials and that can be annoying. If you gather as you go along, they will keep leveled with you. I take my speeder many times instead of the taxi just so I can stop along the way and pickup stuff by the road. :)

For people having a hard time figuring out what RE's you currently need to finish its set. The easiest way to organize it, is to click the drop box at the top right (says difficulty,) and change it to level. this will group items by its equippable lvl and since all RE's are the same lvl makes it easier to see you just need. Its listed alphabetically after that. makes it easier to see whats coming up for your lvl as well so u can work on items a lvl or two higher than u so its ready to go when you hit that lvl.

To create your own chatroom, type

/cjoin [chatroom name]

*without the brackets*

Others can then use same command to join it

Want to know what gear friends/guildies can make for you ?

Be close enough to target them, right-click their icon

additional commands -> view schematics

you can split a stack of items in your inventory bby pressing "Shift +Left click"" however this also links it in chat which is very annoying.

To get past this simply press "Shift +Right click" and drag the mouse, this way it will only split the stack and not link it in chat.

:)

you can split a stack of items in your inventory bby pressing "Shift +Left click"" however this also links it in chat which is very annoying.

To get past this simply press "Shift +Right click" and drag the mouse, this way it will only split the stack and not link it in chat.

:)

if buying a bunch of mats from a vendor you can do this to buy in bulk instead of clicking each one individually

Posted this on an earlier thread, but it's still relevant:

Things I wish I'd known:

1) You can bring up the map in warzones to see where your teamates are - essential for Alderran and Voidstar.

2) You can enable left and right ability bars along with the middle one (it's a setting in preferences).

3) There's a list of all the emotes in the chat menu.

4) /clubdance is the best emote for female toons, ever.

5) You need to hand in missions with your group to get maximum social points for the mission.

6) The old man lied - Those actually were the droids I was looking for.

7) You can search by class in the LFG tool - essential when you need a healer/tank/DD to complete the group.

8) The LFG tool covers all planets - put the mission you're looking for in your comment and someone can see it from anywhere in the galaxy if they search for the planet you are on.

9) The LFG tool works very well.

10) No-one uses the LFG tool

There are actually two MORE hidden quickslot bars ;)

Check under preference and assign hotkey to the extra quickslot bar. It will show up at the top line (default with numbers)

I do believe the following is true

1st one - default

2nd one - 2nd bar

3rd one - left side (will show up on the bottom)

4th one - right side (will show up on the bottom)

5th one

6th one

Edited by Sasheria

Clearly a noob thing, but it took me a while to discover:

If you're questing / leveling with someone else and you need to go on a bio break or something, you can select them, right click their portrait, click "follow player" and your toon will follow them wherever they go until you hit a movement key. Especially helpful if you aren't grouped so you can't see where they are on the map when you come back from your break and need to find them.

I skimmed the thread and didn't see anyone mention it.. sooo..

You can craft 5 items at a time. This doesn't go for gathering, only for crafting skills such as Armormech, Armstech, Artifice, Biochem, Cybertech and Synthweaving. They do not have to be 5 like items, just go down the list or however/whatever you want to craft and click the "Craft" tab at the bottom right of the crafting sceen. The companion will be sent out for the allotted time (ex: 1 min. per potion for Biochem) X's 5 = 5 min. :) This saves so much time of not having to stop every minute and send the companion out to craft the next item.

This was a serious "Aha!" moment.

Clear as mud? ;)

Hope it helps someone out.

Yeah.. that's been mentioned at least half a dozen times.

Why not actually read the thread rather than be desperate to get your "advice" in?

Because it's 40-some pages long now, and the signal-noise ratio after page 10 or so is quite low for some.

Yes, it's a long thread--only made uselessly longer by people reposting things that have already been posted, and people making empty posts with nothing to add ( Subscribed! Sticky! Great thread! etc...).

You have horrible reasoning.

Yes, it's a long thread--only made uselessly longer by people reposting things that have already been posted, and people making empty posts with nothing to add ( Subscribed! Sticky! Great thread! etc...).

You have horrible reasoning.

But made soooooo much better by people who just post to be d-bags to other posters who were at least trying to help. :rolleyes:

hi guys, i am new to this and was wondering if n e one can post some chat window tricks like, changing from party to general chat, linking quests/ party quests. cannot find a thread as yet. much appreciated :confused:

Chat shortcuts (or "chatcuts"*):

/1 - General chat

/2 - PvP chat

/3 - Trade chat

/p - Party chat

/g - Guild chat

You can type these without even having to open the chat window (but you can). Type a space right after and it will switch automatically.

To link items, open the chat window (Enter or click) and then hold Shift and left-click the item (already mentioned).

To share quests with your party, open the Mission Log (L), select the mission and press "Share". There's no way to link them in chat, or to share them with people not in your party.

* Nobody calls them "chatcuts".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.