Maintenance: 12 December 2017

EricMusco

Why does it say they're only fixing enemy cast bars? What about our own cast bar? On any class with casted abilities it can seriously mess with you.

Agreed. I had the same concern when I read that in the notes. I hope it is just poorly written patch notes and they have not fixed only half of that problem.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens to those that paid cartel coins to change eye colors since the last update? Do the eyes roll back to pre-update color? And if so, will we get our Cartel Coins reimbursed? I suggest to give everyone at least as much free cartel coins per character that it requires to change eye color (or even better, just allow us to finally use credits as alternate means to pay for appearance changes instead).

Why is only the Resolute Jedi Armor mentioned in the patch notes (and why not only Resolute Guardian Robes which was the only bugged piece of the set)? What about the other chest pieces that were affected by the same bug? Jedi Stormguard's Chestguard, Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard, Guardian's Exalted Body Armor, Guardian's Birthright Body Armor and probably more (see the bug report for details)? Will they all be fixed tomorrow? If not, why not? Can you please double-check that they all are fixed?

What exactly did you do? Could you post screenshots of before and after? I hope you didn't change it too drastically and the coloring is the same so it will continue to look good with the outfits we spent time to put together.

On a side note, could we please get a hood-up version of the Revered Master's Cloak as well so we can put the hood down in one appearance tab and hood up in the other to simulate hood up/down? Preferably easy to obtain so it doesn't cost another arm and a leg (the revered master's already did and we only have two arms and legs each! ;) ).

On a side note, since it's been roughly six years since the first (of many) dev promise to add an option to enable chat bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote player chat is coming up, what's the status on those?v

Most entitled players in an MMO I've ever seen. Give it a rest they're fixing it. You'll live trust me. Eye colors are the least of this games problems.

Companions still disappear on every new floor of star bases and they are worried about eye color? SMH.

They are Star Fortresses, and that bug's been around since TFE launched. And you didn't pay anything extra to do the Star Fortresses. People paid CC for eye colors and those were changed. Now if you paid CC for an Alderaan Star Fortress and it got changed to a Hoth Star Fortress, wouldn't you complain about it and expect it to be fixed right away?

Great. I've spent cartel coins to change eye colors as after the patch my character's eye color was awful and now I'll have to change them back again? ***?:mad:

There's a thread in the Bug Reports forum where Eric acknowledged that it was a bug.

The team is aware of the issue and looking into it.

-eric

You should have known that a change was coming and not spent your CC changing the color. Especially with all the uproar over the eyes for the last 2 weeks.

There's a thread in the Bug Reports forum where Eric acknowledged that it was a bug.

You should have known that a change was coming and not spent your CC changing the color. Especially with all the uproar over the eyes for the last 2 weeks.

No, it isn't automatic that people know. In fact, most players didn't as there was no warning to not change eye colors in the game nor was there a warning/alert in the launchpad (which they have done on occasion with other things). Only a small amount of the player base reads the forums regularly, after all. Edited by Glzmo

No, it isn't automatic that people know. In fact, most players didn't as there was no warning to not change eye colors in the game nor was there a warning/alert in the launchpad (which they have done on occasion with other things). Only a small amount of the player base reads the forums regularly, after all.

And I don't follow on twitter. So I miss a lot of stuff that gets posted there, but not here. Who's fault is that? If the information's there, it's the individuals responsibility to seek it out. Ignorance is not bliss.

And I don't follow on twitter. So I miss a lot of stuff that gets posted there, but not here. Who's fault is that? If the information's there, it's the individuals responsibility to seek it out. Ignorance is not bliss.

I agree, if people want to be ignorant and demand compensation when plenty of information is out there regarding the issue then that's their problem not Bioware's. You can clearly see there was a change in eye color recently and if you thought something was wrong you should have looked for help on the issue.

When you log into game, and your characters eyes have changed colour, but you didn't do it... you shouldn't have to go to the Forums to realize this is a bug. What you do is, you file a bug report. If you think that somehow your eye colours were changed without your saying so, maybe you open a customer ticket. Who spends real money on cartel coins to fix a problem that should be fixed for free by customer service?

@Eric Lots of questions thrown out by forum users, in this very post, about clarifications about the Patch, and suggestions that you "missed" something. I'll add my own...

I feel like one of the really big complaints about the new Flash Point was that the Story was not progressed by selecting Story mode... and conversely, the Solo mode is not necessarily the mode a player would pick to grind the instance for easy XP.

...really disappointed that you guys didn't see fit to change this to what obviously makes more sense; Story Mode is for progressing the Story, Solo mode is for grinding.

I agree, if people want to be ignorant and demand compensation when plenty of information is out there regarding the issue then that's their problem not Bioware's. You can clearly see there was a change in eye color recently and if you thought something was wrong you should have looked for help on the issue.

Apparently not in the day of rampant conspiracy theories. They see the eyes have changed and immediately skip logic and go straight to "they're making me spend real money!".

No, it isn't automatic that people know. In fact, most players didn't as there was no warning to not change eye colors in the game nor was there a warning/alert in the launchpad (which they have done on occasion with other things). Only a small amount of the player base reads the forums regularly, after all.

Common sense dictates that your first reaction should be to check for bug reports. If you changed eye colors after the patch that's on you. BW is not entitled to refund you anything.

And my game did not patch. I have this error message about server and game version not compatible everytime they patch this game now since United Forces and I'm not the only one, but they don't give a heck about that issue. Eye color bug first I presume. If I have to do a full redownload again, I bid my farewell to this game.

Apparently not in the day of rampant conspiracy theories. They see the eyes have changed and immediately skip logic and go straight to "they're making me spend real money!".

Did you know that Kodrac spelled backwords is Cardok? Every time Kodrac posts he is sending secret subliminal messages supporting a parking garage company.

The truth is out there. :rak_03:

Dasty

After this update I can not access the game. The launcher opens but when I hit play it goes away and nothing happens. I've tried multiple times and restarted my computer.

What else should I try? Has anyone else had this issue after todays patch?

That has happened to me in the past and I've removed everything SWTOR related from my computer and then re-downloaded it. That fixed the issue for me. I know others have just deleted certain files with the main SWTOR program file, but I just find it easier to delete the whole file, reboot, then download it again. I'd most likely delete the wrong file and really mess things up, so deleting them all just makes my life easier. :cool:

After this update I can not access the game. The launcher opens but when I hit play it goes away and nothing happens. I've tried multiple times and restarted my computer.

What else should I try? Has anyone else had this issue after todays patch?

Call CS. It's probably an easy fix. Don't delete the game as suggested. Deleting programs, instead of using uninstall can cause problems with your pc. Give CS a shot. I know they're slow to react to tickets, but over the phone they can be helpful.