Disappearing castbars

Moralist

Hello there!

It was rare bug, when casbar disappears. After Last patch half of casts disappearing, and not only my casts, casts from bosses. Yesterday i was in EC SM via GF and on mine field and half of casts of droids disappears, same with droids on Kephess. I was happy, that it was story mode operation. Now after that i don't wanna go to HM EC with that bug. All mates in operations saw it, not only me. This happening constantly in all spheres of SWTOR. Fix it please, it's very important for us.

I've noticed this too and just assumed everyone I know got really good at interrupting casts........

Do the casts still complete or are they interrupted when the bar goes away? I haven't noticed if they still complete or not.

Do the casts still complete or are they interrupted when the bar goes away? I haven't noticed if they still complete or not.

It's a UI only bug, the casts themselves are not affected.

With that said, fix it ffs, Bioware. It's about as annoying as when all AoE markers were the same color. I.e. very.

Edited by Schoock

It's just one more bug introduced with 5.6 that bioware just didn't mention.

The skills still go off correctly but it makes timing an issue. So the harder the content, the more more you need to time anything, the worse it is. If timing is of importance, this bug screws you up.

It's a pretty big game play problem in PVE and PVP. After all these years of timing things from the cast/channel bar. It's now unreliable.

Edited by Quraswren

Seeing the same thing on my healer. At first I thought there might have been something up with my keyboard, since I was pressing the corresponding buttons, and not seeing any cast bars.

Then I noticed the cast bar above the target player I was healing instead, which makes it a pain in the rear in PvP when I'm not always facing the player I am healing to see the cast above them. I would normally rely on the cast bar.

The same thing is happening with channels when clicking on objectives in PvP and PvE. The animation plays and the channel is happening, but the bar disappears. So it's not just offensive/combat-related.

Our weapons disappear when we blow stuff up in combat, and now channels are disappearing. What's next, armor? Oh, that did kind of happen already after 5.6 with some armor pieces disappearing for certain sets. Dye issues, too. Companions disappear into the floor sometimes (problem before 5.6). Companion weapons disappearing a lot when doing heroics/dailies.

I guess body parts will start disappearing next...I'm betting it will be hand-related (might just be me, but it seems the wrist gap is getting noticeably worse lately) or head-related (my red-skinned Twi'lek has a hideous neck seam that isn't even close to being the same color)