Darth Hexid

TyonYlle

if you let me know what server you are going to be on I would be happy to level up a quick character and go through three flash points with you (if youre not on star forge). we dont have to talk or even acknowledge each other outside of accepting the group invite. only caveat is that sometimes my ability to get online is spotty (havnt been able to log on all week), but im sure we could work something out.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't play PvP and I don't want to be anywhere around it. I will not put my character in PvP. I'd halfway considered just entering a match and walking away to the next room or something and coming back when they were dead, but I don't think that would really be fair to the other player who queued up and waited for however long the queue was to actually play.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter - EA/BW set the terms, and they are what they are, and some of us do not wish to participate. I do think that it's a shame they've chosen to exclude solo players this way, and it's a bummer to miss out on Darth Hexid, but it is what it is.

if you let me know what server you are going to be on I would be happy to level up a quick character and go through three flash points with you (if youre not on star forge). we dont have to talk or even acknowledge each other outside of accepting the group invite. only caveat is that sometimes my ability to get online is spotty (havnt been able to log on all week), but im sure we could work something out.

Agreed, I can help out too! Although I live in Scotland, I wouldn't mind helping out on the N/A server. 90 ms isn't so bad :p

Edited by Eshvara

The length of time it takes could probably be measured in nanoseconds. In fact, I fully expect to see threads asking for extensions or "second chances" before the event even ends.

This is my bet. ^

SOmeone has to suddenly work for the next month straight and can't get logged in or we'll have to hear how someone lost their internet or PC and can't do anything to get in and get it and it will happen before the event even ends.

Wow. This is amazingly kind of all of you. Really. I'm on Star Forge, or will be - I will still have to figure out if I have the courage for this, but maybe this will work. Thank you.

You'll be fine with a Vet FP or three in a friendly group. There are some FPs that are stewards of the bar though.

Wow. This is amazingly kind of all of you. Really. I'm on Star Forge, or will be - I will still have to figure out if I have the courage for this, but maybe this will work. Thank you.

I'm on Star Forge and if you need help, I have a dps and an healer that can help, both level 70 with some decent gear. My boyfriend is supposed to be playing to help me. We don't bite .

Send Kaila or casi (I hope the names don't change) Republic side or Ror'jha (imp side) a message and I help.

Sign me up.... I'll group with you all. I'm no fan of pickup groups for FPs myself and being pushed into them struck me as little cheesy myself... but whatever. I"m on EH -> Star Forge.... 70 Immortal Jug (246?). At the very least I can faceroll my rusty arse through while we laugh at each other.

If it were three solo FPs I'd do it. I do NOT do group FPs and I would uninstall the game before doing PvP. So it doesn't matter if it would take 5 minutes, I will not participate. Forcing people to group and play with strangers to get a subscriber reward is distasteful IMHO.
Um, has anyone else pointed out to this guy or gal that this is an MMO and that if they don't like grouping up under any circumstance they are 100% playing in the wrong genre? What they want is strictly a single-player game?

Please tell me someone already pointed that out to them.

Um, has anyone else pointed out to this guy or gal that this is an MMO and that if they don't like grouping up under any circumstance they are 100% playing in the wrong genre? What they want is strictly a single-player game?

I'm fairly certain someone has. It is however incorrect, partially anyway. Everyone can play an mmo in their own way. :)

I'm fairly certain someone has. It is however incorrect, partially anyway. Everyone can play an mmo in their own way. :)
I totally agree, and it's really cool that so many have decided to help this person out. I play mostly solo, too. And SWTOR has gone out of its way to make pretty much everything soloable.

But I do get slightly triggered when someone playing an MMO complains about having a group content. Especially when the developer goes out of its way to make the group content as painless as possible.

It seems that many people are defining MMO to be what they want it to be, not what it actually is.

An MMO is a game capable of supporting multiple players in the same online environment.

NOWHERE in the definition of MMO does it stipulate that players have to group or do group content.

Edited by Ratajack

I can understand where she/he is coming from. Playing with strangers isn't something everyone likes to do. I have a boyfriend and friends that play the game that I group with. I am not a fan of group pickups due to the nature of some individuals. It is not required to group up in an MMO. It is encouraged yes, but not required.

I rather take the time to help someone than tell them just to group up. They probably have their reasons, just like I have mine for not doing group pickups.