The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Take the collar off of Cartel Market Beasts...

vemerce

When you view potential beast companions in the Cartel Bazaar, they don't have collars on. Often times, I have spent real life money or ~5+ million credits to buy a beast, only to discover that it has a huge collar on that clips through part of it.

Please either remove the collars altogether (probably the easier option) or make them a lot smaller so they don't interfere with the beast models. Clipping is a pet peeve of mine (and I can't believe I'm alone there) and this is an issue that is easy to avoid. Plus, removing the collar should actually be LESS work for future companions.

Also, it would be a huge plus if you could see the Cartel Companions in cutscenes.

Edited by vemerce

A companion customization option would allow people who like the collar to keep it, while giving everyone else an option, too. I have never bought one of those beasts because I hate the clunky collars so much.

Better yet, give them one equipment slot for a collar. If you don't want it, take it off. :p

I doubt they will completely remove the collars, as for some of the companions the collar is the justification for some of their skills, like certain heals. For instance while the Akk Dog heals with its Affectionate Slobber as one ability, it also has Collar Kolto Shield, Kolto Collar Dart and Kolto Collar Scan. Not saying they couldn't heal without a collar, just that the existence of the collar has a purpose. I would however love to see some customizations without the collar, maybe versions of existing customizations and some entirely new ones.

• 2 years later...
The justification is without the collars they will not listen to you and probably try to kill you if they didnt have the collars. There is no treating it right crap without the collars they will turn on you

This was brought up in another thread, and one of the options was to make it smaller, and barely noticeable. As it's still there, the beasts would be controlled. Or have customisations that don't have a collar, these animals could be 'micro chipped' so they can still be controlled, but without having this big ugly collar on show.

• 4 weeks later...
This was brought up in another thread, and one of the options was to make it smaller, and barely noticeable. As it's still there, the beasts would be controlled. Or have customisations that don't have a collar, these animals could be 'micro chipped' so they can still be controlled, but without having this big ugly collar on show.

I'd love this actually. Was suddenly interested in the wampa and other creatures because I never felt like using them until now, but the collars are so damn big.

When you view potential beast companions in the Cartel Bazaar, they don't have collars on. Often times, I have spent real life money or ~5+ million credits to buy a beast, only to discover that it has a huge collar on that clips through part of it.

Please either remove the collars altogether (probably the easier option) or make them a lot smaller so they don't interfere with the beast models. Clipping is a pet peeve of mine (and I can't believe I'm alone there) and this is an issue that is easy to avoid. Plus, removing the collar should actually be LESS work for future companions.

Also, it would be a huge plus if you could see the Cartel Companions in cutscenes.

^ -1, Not Signed and Opposed, I like the collars on them, it adds a Sithy quality and makes sense in controlling wild animals and companions who can turn.

^ -1, Not Signed and Opposed, I like the collars on them, it adds a Sithy quality and makes sense in controlling wild animals and companions who can turn.

That why we also said

This was brought up in another thread, Or have customisations that don't have a collar, these animals could be 'micro chipped' so they can still be controlled, but without having this big ugly collar on show.

That why we also said

^ Alleged microchips that not just track but somehow control (in this regards, microchips are [only] used for tracking in current technology: to then add control is a big stretch), and I CAN'T it see sounds boring; no visible means of control like the Sith endorse and use as a visible statement (it makes sense), like Vette's shock collar.... I'm just not buying it, no thx.

Edited by Willjb

A companion customization option would allow people who like the collar to keep it, while giving everyone else an option, too. I have never bought one of those beasts because I hate the clunky collars so much.

^ an option is fine, but if someone is trying to dictate that mine don't have a collar: No way

^ Alleged microchips that not just track but somehow control (in this regards, microchips are [only] used for tracking in current technology: to then add control is a big stretch), and I CAN'T it see sounds boring; no visible means of control like the Sith endorse and use as a visible statement (it makes sense), like Vette's shock collar.... I'm just not buying it, no thx.

SW tech is far more advanced then ours, it's possible they can do things we can't....like interstellar travel, so it's not that big of a jump to imagine that they could have a subdermal implant that is used to control them. As it'll be a customisation, people can choose which version they want

SW tech is far more advanced then ours, it's possible they can do things we can't....like interstellar travel, so it's not that big of a jump to imagine that they could have a subdermal implant that is used to control them. As it'll be a customisation, people can choose which version they want

^ But, that's the thing, some players start buying the CM beasts and are going to see nothing is controlling the beasts and aren't going to think, oh, alleged invisible [mind? or invisible zap?] control device, some will say it's ignorant not to have a visible means of control, as walking into a jungle with the same beasts of my companion but are wild, one doesn't want to [guess] which one is my companion in the mix and which ones are wild and which ones might be someone else's, in general: friendly fire/ accidentally eaten args; then, this can also be used as an arg to control humanoid companions. Vette has a shock collar, but to remove it and say some chip controls her just sounds silly, like a bad 80's plot. Then we can go a boring direction, like a Wrath of Khan blunder, where chips can control the Republic POW's and return them and implant others. Next SWToRBorg. One of the Korriban missions is a captured Jedi and to release invisible controls chips can conflict with the story of the Sith torturing and brainwashing him. No Sith torture when a chip can do more in an instant. Think you see where I'm going with the problems of no visible confirmation of control, etc; 2 options is ok: if it's really that big of a deal (can't say I support it): as long as it's not a drain on resources to go through all~ the beast companions to do that.

Edited by Willjb

^ But, that's the thing,/snip.

Lol, that's an interesting point of view, but yes, if it was brought in, it would be a customisation, so everyone can have it thier way, :) even if they were just from the jawa vendor for scrap metal, it'd be fine

Funny, how all this thread is coming up now after all these years....

It's come up a couple of times, think the wampa brought it back, because it's collar is massive.

nope not interested in this waste of time - I am tired of seeing people nitpick over like pretty old content and make lame reasons to try to justify it, it's sad

you obviously haven't read the thread.....as it's not old 'content', but actual items people buy, and the fact people are still buying them, shows , it's still an interesting valid subject. Not to mention, you probably didn't even notice what section you were driving through :rolleyes:

Edited by DarkTergon

• 2 years later...
Reviving the thread, to remind BW that we still need options to remove collars from beast companions. I finally unlocked all of them, and I have some characters that would not approve of this manner of control. There are lots of reasons a beast would obey a character, shock collars are only one of them.

Implantable devices DO exist in SW universe - see Trooper story on Coruscant.

That being said, I like that the beasts have visible collars, it makes it more "sithy" to have visible means of control.

For Jedi and Sith characters, it makes sense that you could control the beasts thru Mind power or mind empathy - somewhat like "legends" content for the Witches of Dathomir (not only nightsisters) control over the rancors they rode.

However, this game does not only consist of Jedi and Sith. There are also Troopers, Agents, Smugglers and Bounty Hunters. All of which need a "non-mind control" means of controlling the beasts.