I Hope Lana is Complicit in the Betrayal...

MishaCantu

While that is true, it has already happened with regard to my smuggler. She romanced Koth and people wanted the option to kill him, so they gave the option and bingo he was killed so while you were able to kill him he was taken away from mine as well. Yet when someone says don't remove lana, etc people throw a fit not realizing it has been done to others as well so forgive me if I don't feel very gracious regarding Lana.

I might feel different if people actually cared about removing a companion from my game when they wanted to kill a companion, but they didn't and now all of a sudden I am supposed to care about Lana?

Well, I cannot speak for anyone else, but I am sorry thag happened. I am in the same school of thought as Asmodesu with their earlier post - that it is not right when it happens to anyone's LI. And that those who have been reduced to paperweights should be brought back.

But I would hope that knowing how awful that was, one could find the empathy not to wish it on others. I didn't want Koth killed, and blaming Lana fans for what a bunch of edgelords wanted doesn't change anything. Let's work to get all the LIs represented and do better going forward.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just sad, I don't want Lana around, but I don't want the ones who like her to lose a LI. The only way she'd stop showing is if she were to die or be killable. So because of that I want her to die as it's the only way she'd stop appearing.

If Theron or Lana were to get a kill option, I would let both of them live personally as at that point it would no longer matter in my story whether they're alive as their appearances would be minimal.

But it's either that or BW steps up and gives people more choices in which companion appears where and how much. And I just don't see that happening, which puts me back at square one.

It's quite a stupid situation all together.

Or would it? That got me thinking about this Robot Chicken episode with Jar Jar's ghost

maybe she'd show up as a force ghost and hang around 24-7 XD

The concerns are not identical. If Lana falls into a sarlacc pit tomorrow, the straight male demographic still has quite a few other possible LIs. Women (of all sexual orientations) are not BW's chief concern at all.

And I do hope you know that as p***ed off as I get about this subject, it in no way is meant as an attack on you. I think we both have the same goal in the sense that we would both prefer to enjoy the game with the companions and LIs we love, without anything stupid or horrible happening to them, and without them being turned into paperweights.

Those other love interests have either not returned or been turned into silent bricks though. You can bet if they did the same to Lana (or the same kind of thing to her HAIR that they did to Theron) there would be a massive outcry. Female players are definitely shoved to the sidelines in many aspects, though BioWare have often assumed that people playing lesbian romances are straight guys as well. I want BioWare to do better all around but I'm not hopeful.

I don't think you're attacking me, I think we're a couple of nerds and we are on the internet, and our nerd rages and nerd passions run high and are liable to clash explosively :D

Elara Dorn has been handled badly as well. From what I have heard she can break up with the commander as well and therefore not a viable romance companions anymore.

It's true. She will break up with the trooper if:

a) you're LS yet sided with the empire.

b) you sided with the Republic, but you destroyed the spire. She gets mad at you, treats you like an evil dictator or monster and breaks up with you.

It's true. She will break up with the trooper if:

a) you're LS yet sided with the empire.

b) you sided with the Republic, but you destroyed the spire. She gets mad at you, treats you like an evil dictator or monster and breaks up with you.

I wonder if you're a LS warrior, DS Jaesa won't want you because you are "pathetic" I mean she was hunting those who were light side down.

🤔

Edited by Eshvara

What should have happened, instead of being cheap and giving us a one size fits all story, is that on the Pub side Lana should have been the traitor and on the Imp side Theron.

While I do think Theron would play the role better. ^^^ this would have been my idle solution.

What should have happened, instead of being cheap and giving us a one size fits all story, is that on the Pub side Lana should have been the traitor and on the Imp side Theron.

I'd say your previous choices more than original faction. My LS Sith Warrior romanced Theron and he agreed with everything that she did. Lana didn't. In that story, it would have made more sense for Lana to betray me. There should have been triggers all along and what you did with each should have decided the traitor.

I hope Lana is complicit as well but more than that, I would like to see her treated equally to other LI's. Knock her off that pedestal, shatter that halo. To my recollection Lana has only ever once done something 'bad' and that was setting Theron up for capture back on Rishi. Other than that she's this shiny loyal constantly-in-your-face persona who quite honestly is starting to grind my gears. Always there for you and with you and though that's commendable, it's becoming a nuisance as well. It's wonderful for those with an interest in her but for players who don't care much for Lana it's just a pain.

It also annoys me endlessly that, as Casirabit highlighted, many other companions and LI's can be killed off and some have been worked into 'devious plots' while Lana remains forever safe and holier than thou. She's due some flaws, mistakes, poor choices, a betrayal and a firing squad.

I'm also wholly sympathetic to the SGR community but look at the men. I'm sure plenty of them didn't want their boyfriend Theron to be complicit in this mess BW has concocted but they had it forced upon them regardless. Why would it be so wrong for Lana to receive the same treatment for once? I'm also not saying 'kill her' but at the very least make her complicit somehow or give her her own traitorous story-line and should Theron become killable then do the same for Lana. Doesn't mean you must kill her or that you'll be forced to lose her but at least make it an option. I'm just growing tired of this Lana favouritism that seems to be going around the BWA offices.

While I don't want the option as I like Lana. I agree the option should be there. BW should just not make her or Theron a walking mannequin/set decoration.

All the companions who are "dead" should be active in the story. Hell for those who don't want Theron or Lana as their advisors allow us to replace them. Quinn for Theron, Kira for Lana (just an example).

I know that this is probably pie in the sky or that ever so rare flying pig (force pushing Gamorreans into the sarlacc out in Tattooine doesn't count) but those are just my ideas on how to resolve the situation.

I would hate to be forced to kill Lana, but the option should be their for fairness if anything considering other companions and love interests have it. I hope Theron doesn't become a cosmetic companion just like I hope the same for Lana, and that all the cosmetic companions are brought back into the fold.

Lana is part of it, yes.

And so is The Outlander.

We, as players, just don't know it yet. It's part of the story-telling experience. We will be so shocked when we realise it was we all along.

I hope the Outlander isn't involved, seems extra bland to me. Though also unlikely.

Edited by Eshvara

I hope Lana is complicit as well but more than that, I would like to see her treated equally to other LI's. Knock her off that pedestal, shatter that halo. To my recollection Lana has only ever once done something 'bad' and that was setting Theron up for capture back on Rishi. Other than that she's this shiny loyal constantly-in-your-face persona who quite honestly is starting to grind my gears. Always there for you and with you and though that's commendable, it's becoming a nuisance as well. It's wonderful for those with an interest in her but for players who don't care much for Lana it's just a pain.

It also annoys me endlessly that, as Casirabit highlighted, many other companions and LI's can be killed off and some have been worked into 'devious plots' while Lana remains forever safe and holier than thou. She's due some flaws, mistakes, poor choices, a betrayal and a firing squad.

I'm also wholly sympathetic to the SGR community but look at the men. I'm sure plenty of them didn't want their boyfriend Theron to be complicit in this mess BW has concocted but they had it forced upon them regardless. Why would it be so wrong for Lana to receive the same treatment for once? I'm also not saying 'kill her' but at the very least make her complicit somehow or give her her own traitorous story-line and should Theron become killable then do the same for Lana. Doesn't mean you must kill her or that you'll be forced to lose her but at least make it an option. I'm just growing tired of this Lana favouritism that seems to be going around the BWA offices.

Agreed. I'm annoyed with the fact that she's perfect and dedicated and loyal and flawless and follows you around like a love-sick puppy regardless of how you treat her. Letting Theron get captured on Rishi (and then later says "at the risk of seeming egotistical I wont apologize for being right") was a little spark of personality, a little hint of something interesting. Back then she had more of a backbone and more of her own thoughts and ambitions. Now she may as well be a polyp growing out of our necks, going along with everything we say and do with utter dedication and loyalty.

If BioWare were to give Lana some real human flaws, to have her make mistakes, to have her own ideals and stand up for them, then maybe I wouldn't want to flush her out an airlock.

I hope the Outlander isn't involved, seems extra bland to me. Though also unlikely.

I hope so too, that would be terrible writing and would completely destroy role playing IMO. I wouldn't put it past current BioWare though :/

Theron betrayal made no sense to me at all, the story should have evolved depending on light versus dark. All that stuff Theron said literally made no sense to a light side character, like none at all.

Christ i didn't even kill Skadge or Vik when i had the chance, it doesnt get any more light side than that.

Lana going off the dark side on me would have made sense, but Theron should have seen me as a saint.

Theron betrayal made no sense to me at all, the story should have evolved depending on light versus dark. All that stuff Theron said literally made no sense to a light side character, like none at all.

Christ i didn't even kill Skadge or Vik when i had the chance, it doesnt get any more light side than that.

Lana going off the dark side on me would have made sense, but Theron should have seen me as a saint.

This. Hell, the end of light side ET has the Eternal Fleet delivering relief supplies to the worlds Arcann and Vaylin bombed. How does this not comply with Theron's wishes?

I hope the Outlander (me!) isn't involved because that'd mean I had some serious issues...not being aware of what I was doing. No thanks. Bit too far for me to stretch.

Nearly as bad as "it was all a dream".

I hope the Outlander (me!) isn't involved because that'd mean I had some serious issues...not being aware of what I was doing. No thanks. Bit too far for me to stretch.

My feels exactly.

Edited by Eshvara

The reason you don't know what you''re doing is because.....

You're a cylon.

Yes. Two versions, one where Lana is the traitor (for LS characters) and one where Theron is the traitor (DS characters) would have been more believable to me. And, cutting the scene where a SW Force chokes Theron, then lets him go. :/ With one story -- Theron is the traitor, I keep thinking that he is just pretending to be a traitor. How many times has Theron had a chance to kill the Commander since the end of KotET, if he were truly a traitor? Enough that I think the Commander would be dead, if that was Theron's goal.

As far as not picking up on Theron's intents, Lana missed noticing a traitor in her midst before. Ziost.

Lana: I am especially attuned to the Force. I can read people.

-- Convo option, reveal her aide is a double agent. --

Lana: wut?

And, on Rishi Lana said that she couldn't read Theron. So, Lana legit may not have known about Theron's intentions.

If given the opportunity, I'm not sure that I'd kill either Theron or Lana (well, except on my DS SW. Definitely kill Theron, and possibly kill Lana for incompetence.). I do appreciate others wanting those options, though.

There are options to kill 3 of the 4 companions I greatly wanted throw out an airlock. So, I'm 3/4 happy.

Skadge, Quinn, and Broonmark. Missing? A chance to kill Fess. Never, ever liked Fess.

I totally and completely agree with those who say the traitor should have been either Lana or Theron depending on alignment and choices made. Theron betraying my LS Jedi and Smuggler made zero sense. They basically took everything about his character and tossed it out the nearest airlock. I could see him doing all of this as a way to infiltrate whatever organization is the real threat but I'm worried that isn't going to be the case and we'll all be forced to depend entirely on the BFF wannabe, Lana. I don't know what their obsession with that character is but the game is supposed to be about the player's character. Anymore it feels like we're just tools to further the Lana show.

A legit betrayal doesn't make sense for either Theron or Lana IMHO, regardlesa of alignment. Which is why I think this is goong to end up being some story where either Theron saves the day as a double agent or ia saved from the conditioning that is forcing him to betray the Commander. Lana is not exactly the most dark sided person and Theron has a body count as high as hers if not higher.