I Hope Lana is Complicit in the Betrayal...

MishaCantu

There is no way Lana is complicit in the betrayal, to start with she is just too incompetent. Imagine that Reveal,

Lana: Haha I am also in on the Betrayals

Player: Yeah, kind of guessed you weren't on my side when you recruited Koth traitor, Senya traitor, pushed for SCORPIO traitor and recruited Theron traitor and have proven to be utterly useless at everything especially watching my back for traitors. But I do have two questions, first you built the alliance why are you betraying it.

Lana: well, well, I, erm, yeah Peace, your alliance that helps worlds and brought peace to the galaxy is really evil and rather than tell you I'm going to betray you! For Peace.

Player: Oh brother, that nonsense, second question given your useless how did you not screw up the betrayal.

Lana: Ha the only time I can achieve anything is to follow in my old masters foot steps who you killed for betraying the empire....

Player: So you know this ends badly for you, saves me some time.

But equally if she was in on it why take the shot for you as if she hadn't you would be dead and she and Theron could have taken the crystals, why come to you with the lead in the first place. Don't tell you let Theron take the crystals and while his at it he can say his off on a mission and just leave without setting up an attempt on your life.

Unless its the double agent or triple agent angle, in which case when its just the two of you in a train wreck doesn't she say oh we don't have much time here is whats happening. Instead she is raging at what she will do when she catches Theron.

Either way it wouldn't play right with whats happened for her to betray her own alliance or fake betray the alliance.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way Lana is complicit in the betrayal, to start with she is just too incompetent. Imagine that Reveal,

Lana: Haha I am also in on the Betrayals

Player: Yeah, kind of guessed you weren't on my side when you recruited Koth traitor, Senya traitor, pushed for SCORPIO traitor and recruited Theron traitor and have proven to be utterly useless at everything especially watching my back for traitors. But I do have two questions, first you built the alliance why are you betraying it.

Lana: well, well, I, erm, yeah Peace, your alliance that helps worlds and brought peace to the galaxy is really evil and rather than tell you I'm going to betray you! For Peace.

Player: Oh brother, that nonsense, second question given your useless how did you not screw up the betrayal.

Lana: Ha the only time I can achieve anything is to follow in my old masters foot steps who you killed for betraying the empire....

Player: So you know this ends badly for you, saves me some time.

But equally if she was in on it why take the shot for you as if she hadn't you would be dead and she and Theron could have taken the crystals, why come to you with the lead in the first place. Don't tell you let Theron take the crystals and while his at it he can say his off on a mission and just leave without setting up an attempt on your life.

Unless its the double agent or triple agent angle, in which case when its just the two of you in a train wreck doesn't she say oh we don't have much time here is whats happening. Instead she is raging at what she will do when she catches Theron.

Either way it wouldn't play right with whats happened for her to betray her own alliance or fake betray the alliance.

Actually it would ... and here's why. IF ... IF ... Theron is a double agent/triple agent then the entire point of this exercise is to discover who's behind all of the uprisings and what exactly they want (other than the Alliance gone) and to potentially sabotage them from within. A good way to do that is to get someone on the inside, someone this other organisation can/will trust - and they'll trust this person because of the extreme measures to which they've gone (trying to kill the commander, stealing the adegan crystals, etc.). Theron would NEED someone still in the Alliance and well trusted (such as Lana) to feed information back to and to back up his story when he returns. Otherwise it would just be him saying, "Hey guys look I didn't really betray you .. honest! Guys, why are you still pointing guns at me? Guys ...? *gets shot*". Why don't they tell the Commander about all this? Well for one, bad writing to build drama. For another, realistic reactions from the Commander (which would be a really stupid reason considering the Commander may themselves be a top notch spy or a light-side sith who managed to survive in the Empire). One would have to not take Tyth's comments at face value or believe that Tyth was fooled somehow but he is a giant robot-war machine. Not really sure how much intelligence was programmed into him.

Keep in mind, I'm not entirely sold on this "double agent" thing. It's the only thing that actually makes sense to me but they've done things that make absolutely no sense in the story before. I guess we'll find out next year.

Even if Lana isn't part of the traitor gang, she could be collateral damage. I just can't see how they're going to swing Rep Vs Imp with either around.

As they seem to really want to go there again. Then there is Theron apparently causing a major political conflict, I wonder between who exactly.

Heck, that's what I did with my Smuggler and Theron (and, to be honest, my SW and Theron until Quinn came back).

Do you think the female warrior and Theron are broken up yet? :o Still says I'm with Quinn *and* Theron, even though my warrior put a bounty on his head.

You broke it down by appearance, but I'd be interested in a break down using actual screentime because it feels like Lana is on a lot more than Theron is. Maybe one day if I get bored enough, I'll go through the chapters and actually run a stopwatch and make notes.

And Theron is pretty much the only M/M option too. Few people like Koth and we saw what happened to him once he was killable. He shuts up forever.

And Theron is absent the whole Kotfe. He appears in the last chapter, and you can insta-love him. Well, doesn't matter I suppose if you romanced him before, but if you have no idea who the dude is? On the other hand, I have done it in RL so who am I to judge.

If Theron disappears, there will be no M/M option left. Koth is mute. If people can get rid of Theron, he will be mute too. My worst nightmare is that they make Arcann hetero because "realism". I said make him homosexual because realism, but that seems to be too much realism for people who want realism in their game. I mean, we don't have even one homosexual. We should have. One lesbian too, just to be fair. Why do I have to share my LI with heterosexuals? They make noise about sharing their LI's with me because "realism".

Edited by tahol

Do you think the female warrior and Theron are broken up yet? :o Still says I'm with Quinn *and* Theron, even though my warrior put a bounty on his head.

Heh....the breakup worked fine on mine. They had their little heart-breaking cutscene and it says that she's back with Quin and not with Theron. I was going to keep their little threesome, but was afraid something might eventually glitch out if/when they fix it and I'd lose Quinn.

And Theron is absent the whole Kotfe. He appears in the last chapter, and you can insta-love him. Well, doesn't matter I suppose if you romanced him before, but if you have no idea who the dude is? On the other hand, I have done it in RL so who am I to judge.

If Theron disappears, there will be no M/M option left. Koth is mute. My worst nightmare is that they make Arcann hetero because "realism". I said make him homosexual because realism, but that seems to be too much realism for people who want realism in their game. I mean, we don't have even one homosexual. We should have. One lesbian too, just to be fair. Why do I have to share my LI with heterosexuals? They make noise about sharing their LI's with me because "realism".

Theron isn't absent for the whole of KotFE. He isn't around for Chapters 1-8 but he's there for Chapters 9-16.

Heh....the breakup worked fine on mine. They had their little heart-breaking cutscene and it says that she's back with Quin and not with Theron. I was going to keep their little threesome, but was afraid something might eventually glitch out if/when they fix it and I'd lose Quinn.

You did? :eek: How?? Where?? I want my break up scene too..!

If Theron disappears, there will be no M/M option left. Koth is mute. If people can get rid of Theron, he will be mute too. My worst nightmare is that they make Arcann hetero because "realism". I said make him homosexual because realism, but that seems to be too much realism for people who want realism in their game. I mean, we don't have even one homosexual. We should have. One lesbian too, just to be fair. Why do I have to share my LI with heterosexuals? They make noise about sharing their LI's with me because "realism".

Arcann is playersexual so both can romance him.

Evidence? (sorry I don't believe any rumours, I need a source).

Charles Boyd on Twitter, Arcann's romance story writer both said this.

If you go to the Twitter of Charles and scroll you'll see it eventually.

Try tweets and replies.

Edited by Eshvara

They have handled the romance companions badly in the expansion. You should have a choice of who you want to be with you. Even in the vanilla you had a choice who to take with you except on some occassions but they didn't do that.

I am not a fan of Lana but then again I shouldn't have to apologize for not liking her and as far as her being in my room, no thank you. She could study the holocron elsewhere away from the commander. Regarding her protecting you, that was fine at the beginning but once you have become stronger there is no reason for her to think she needs to do that.

Furthermore, if I want someone to protect let me chose who I want protecting me.

What I think is not fair is the way Lana has been handled (not the scenes) is that she has been protected from the devs of anything bad happening with her while most of the companions in the expansion could been killed, etc but not her and that is what upsets a lot of people. It is like she is special for the devs and nothing bad or she can't do anything wrong and that is what irriates a lot of people.

Lets look at the companions we have in the expansion

Koth-Can be killed

Kaiylo-Can be killed

Jordan- Can be killed

Torian-Can be killed

Vette- Can be killed

Senya-Can be killed

Arcann-Can be killed

Theron- Up for debate (but from past experience it wouldn't surprise me if the devs allow him to be killed)

Quinn-Can be killed

Lana-Safe

So while people are ranting and raving that it is not right for Lana to possibly be killed think about what all the other companions that have been killed and maybe you will understand where people are coming from.

I understand Lana may be a favorite of some but the problem is the devs haven't been fair with her and that is what upsets most people and I haven't even romanced Theron on my light side. I didn't have a problem with him betraying my sorceress (and she is the one that romanced him) due to her dark side.

What is fair for one should be fair for all, no matter the companion but that isn't what has happened and this is what is upsetting to most people.

They have handled the romance companions badly in the expansion. You should have a choice of who you want to be with you. Even in the vanilla you had a choice who to take with you except on some occassions but they didn't do that.

I am not a fan of Lana but then again I shouldn't have to apologize for not liking her and as far as her being in my room, no thank you. She could study the holocron elsewhere away from the commander. Regarding her protecting you, that was fine at the beginning but once you have become stronger there is no reason for her to think she needs to do that.

Furthermore, if I want someone to protect let me chose who I want protecting me.

What I think is not fair is the way Lana has been handled (not the scenes) is that she has been protected from the devs of anything bad happening with her while most of the companions in the expansion could been killed, etc but not her and that is what upsets a lot of people. It is like she is special for the devs and nothing bad or she can't do anything wrong and that is what irriates a lot of people.

Lets look at the companions we have in the expansion

Koth-Can be killed

Kaiylo-Can be killed

Jordan- Can be killed

Torian-Can be killed

Vette- Can be killed

Senya-Can be killed

Arcann-Can be killed

Theron- Up for debate (but from past experience it wouldn't surprise me if the devs allow him to be killed)

Quinn-Can be killed

Lana-Safe

So while people are ranting and raving that it is not right for Lana to possibly be killed think about what all the other companions that have been killed and maybe you will understand where people are coming from.

I understand Lana may be a favorite of some but the problem is the devs haven't been fair with her and that is what upsets most people and I haven't even romanced Theron on my light side. I didn't have a problem with him betraying my sorceress (and she is the one that romanced him) due to her dark side.

What is fair for one should be fair for all, no matter the companion but that isn't what has happened and this is what is upsetting to most people.

Agreed, pretty much spot on.

After I took Quinn back, I got the mission "Things Left Unsaid". You then go to your quarters and talk to Theron and that initiates the break-up. I heard it was bugged for some people, though.

I'm going to open a ticket about this today. You're the first person I've heard from who actually got the option to break up with Theron after the Quinn reunion. I thought it just wasn't available, I didn't know it was actually bugged for me. Thank you for letting me know.

Elara Dorn cannot be killed, and Quinn can only be killed by one class. That is different from the way previous companions have been handled. Koth was only killable via player choices earlier, if you made him leave, and it is possible to get through the game with him without a kill options (and he has interactions in various chapters after that).

So hopefully they are moving AWAY from making returning LIs killable, and IMHO it is better to encourage that trend to continue for both Theron and Lana, as well as any others who come back.

The other issue is including killable companions and LIs in the player's story, and again, with the letters after Umbara they hopefully are showing a move in that direction. Offering kill options wouldn't be such an issue if it didn't lead to the character being almost totally deleted drom the action regardless of your choice.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

The general rule still is that when someone isn't there for everybody, they can't be important in the main story. Unless they want to create multiple branches of main story in the future.

I think Arcann's romance will be one of those conversations between just you and him outside of the main story. So far at least, that seems to be the only way his romance can work. Unfortunately for me! But then again not really, I never liked the public romance feeling.

But I think they'll probably handle all LI that way in the future. The ones that can die anyway.

Edited by Eshvara

The general rule still is that when someone isn't there for everybody, they can't be important in the main story. Unless they want to create multiple branches of main story in the future.

I think Arcann's romance will be one of those conversations between just you and him outside of the main story. So far at least, that seems to be the only way his romance can work. Unfortunately for me! But then again not really, I never liked the public romance feeling.

But I think they'll probably handle all LI that way in the future. The ones that can die anyway.

Thqt would be my hope - that either they will do cut scenes and other things to include those characters or they do alt versions of the main story. If you keep Koth around he has a nice chat with the player in KOTFE 16 and pilots the Gravestone in KOTET 9 for instance. And Arcann and Senya surely have a major role in KoTet 8 and 9 if you keep them.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

And while Quinn can only be killed by one class, he can also be romanced only by that same class so from that point of view my point still stands, he can be killed and he was a romance companion.

They have handed the romance companions badly with the exception of Lana which upsets people.

Elara Dorn has been handled badly as well. From what I have heard she can break up with the commander as well and therefore not a viable romance companions anymore.

The problem is BW has not done the romance companions right.

As far as Koth, yes he is there for a few chapters in KOET but once you get to the gravestone where you rescue him and the gravestone and then make a choice for him to be killed all interactions ceased. I romanced him on my smuggler and that was the end of the interactions until recently. It really didn't upset me as I not into romance companions that much but I understand how everyone else feels when they see that all their companions have been treated and yet Lana seems to be given special treatment and as I said I don't hate her but the way they handled the romances has been unfair if you look it all them and then compare them to Lana.

For my jedi Lana has never made any sense for them. My Jedi do things exactly the opposite than what Lana likes so why in the world do I still have her as they do not agree. They didn't even agree back in SOR so why in the world would Lana be the one to rescue them, that made absolutely no sense.

Edited by casirabit

And while Quinn can only be killed by one class, he can also be romanced only by that same class so from that point of view my point still stands, he can be killed and he was a romance companion.

They have handed the romance companions badly with the exception of Lana which upsets people.

Elara Dorn has been handled badly as well. From what I have heard she can break up with the commander as well and therefore not a viable romance companions anymore.

As far as Koth, yes he is there for a few chapters in KOET but once you get to the gravestone where you rescue him and the gravestone and then make a choice for him to be killed all interactions ceased. I romanced him on my smuggler and that was the end of the interactions until recently. It really didn't upset me as I not into romance companions that much but I understand how everyone else feels when they see that all their companions have been treated and yet Lana seems to be given special treatment and as I said I don't hate her but the way they handled the romances has been unfair if you look it all them and then compare them to Lana.

What does Koth say about Theron being a traitor in his letter? Assuming he has a letter when you romanced him. I'm curious.

What does Koth say about Theron being a traitor in his letter? Assuming he has a letter when you romanced him. I'm curious.

He basically says he is there for you and that he loves you which I found sweet. Koth romances can be a little cute. (Funny thing is some of the lines he uses with my smuggler is something my boyfriend actually said to me lol)

(Sorry I didn't save the letter )

Edited by casirabit

For my jedi Lana has never made any sense for them. My Jedi do things exactly the opposite than what Lana likes so why in the world do I still have her as they do not agree. They didn't even agree back in SOR so why in the world would Lana be the one to rescue them, that made absolutely no sense.

Yes, but everyone can kill Kaliyo, Aric, Vette and Torian, regardless of class - and those are all class restricted LIs too. So in Quinn's case only onr class - the one that had the potential to romance him- can make that call. So they did change that.

BW HAS handled the romances very poorly, and they need to be incorporated into the game and the player's interactions regardless of a kill option. Right now that is the issue - not one's personal dislike of a character, but that when one asks for another companion to be killable, whether that is Lana, Theron, Vector, whatever - you don't just remove them from your game, you remove them from mine, too. Which is why the focus IMHO should be moving away from kill options, offering more choices to formulate the team you want in the game and incorporating killable companions instead of making them bricks. One cannot fix the mistakes of KOTET and KOTFE in this regard, or how Lana was handled there vs. Others, but one can encourage BW to do a better job going forward.

Yes, but everyone can kill Kaliyo, Aric, Vette and Torian, regardless of class - and those are all class restricted LIs too. So in Quinn's case only onr class - the one that had the potential to romance him- can make that call. So they did change that.

BW HAS handled the romances very poorly, and they need to be incorporated into the game and the player's interactions regardless of a kill option. Right now that is the issue - not one's personal dislike of a character, but that when one asks for another companion to be killable, whether that is Lana, Theron, Vector, whatever - you don't just remove them from your game, you remove them from mine, too. Which is why the focus IMHO should be moving away from kill options, offering more choices to formulate the team you want in the game and incorporating killable companions instead of making them bricks. One cannot fix the mistakes of KOTET and KOTFE in this regard, or how Lana was handled there vs. Others, but one can encourage BW to do a better job going forward.

While that is true, it has already happened with regard to my smuggler. She romanced Koth and people wanted the option to kill him, so they gave the option and bingo he was killed so while you were able to kill him he was taken away from mine as well. Yet when someone says don't remove lana, etc people throw a fit not realizing it has been done to others as well so forgive me if I don't feel very gracious regarding Lana.

I might feel different if people actually cared about removing a companion from my game when they wanted to kill a companion, but they didn't and now all of a sudden I am supposed to care about Lana?

Edited by casirabit