How much of a chance for Platinum

Totemdancer

In the patch notes is says Starting with Shipment 10, each pack opened increases the chance of receiving a platinum item.

Keith or Eric, can you please tell us how much of a chance, what are the odds so we can make an informed decision to see if we want to play the odds.

Lots of us stay away from CM boxes because we don’t know the odds.

Which tells you something about how low the odds are, that they know actually releasing them will bring even more people away from them.

There is a lot of talk about this sort of thing in the wider gaming community. I’m hoping Kieth saw my thread about that Petition in the UK theyve made to their politicians to treat things like paid RNG boxes as gambling and for it to fall under those laws.

I know it’s not a law and Bioware don’t need to do anything (yet). But the player push back and bad media towards this practice (especially EA) across the internet is gaining notice and more traction. Maybe some proactive steps in releasing some of that data would actually increase people buying them. Transparency on the odds of this sort of “gray area” gambling should be the same as real gambling so people can make informed choices.

Edited by Totemdancer

There is a lot of talk about this sort of thing in the wider gaming community. I’m hoping Kieth saw my thread about that Petition in the UK theyve made to their politicians to treat things like paid RNG boxes as gambling and for it to fall under those laws.

I know it’s not a law and Bioware don’t need to do anything (yet). But the player push back and bad media towards this practice (especially EA) across the internet is gaining notice and more traction. Maybe some proactive steps in releasing some of that data would actually increase people buying them. Transparency on the odds of this sort of “gray area” gambling should be the same as real gambling so people can make informed choices.

The way i look at the hypercrates is like buying a box of trading cards like magic the gathering or yu-gi-oh!

Except they don’t cost anywhere near as much

average cost for the box of yugioh card which typically has 26 packs as well is roughly $80-100

same with magic the gathering cards and you still face the randomness what you might find in each pack

average cost for the box of yugioh card which typically has 26 packs as well is roughly $80-100

same with magic the gathering cards and you still face the randomness what you might find in each pack

Not exactly, with trading cards they come out with premade packs that you can buy that you will already know what you got in them. If you are talking about the small packs that you can buy that are random then yes those are buy and you get whatever you get but they don’t cost $80-100 for a single package thing like that. And most premade packs are like $25 at the most. Where you buying at?

In the patch notes is says Starting with Shipment 10, each pack opened increases the chance of receiving a platinum item.

Keith or Eric, can you please tell us how much of a chance, what are the odds so we can make an informed decision to see if we want to play the odds.

Lots of us stay away from CM boxes because we don’t know the odds.

Don't try to talk yourself into buying those packs. Just don't. Whatever BS changes they made they sure aren't in your favor.

Interesting.

I'd always assumed the chance of platinum items are somewhere between getting a Cartel Certificate from the Contraband Slot Machine and the odds of getting the faction walkers from the same machine. You'll have to Google for those percentages though, they're on Reddit iirc.

I'd love to be completely wrong on those percentages, but without anything tangible for us to work with, best guess would be somewhere around that type of figure.

Don't try to talk yourself into buying those packs. Just don't. Whatever BS changes they made they sure aren't in your favor.

You dont have to worry about that. I was interested because I’d been reading how the gaming industry is becoming really underhanded with these paid RNG’s and I wanted to ask for my fellow players. It’s purely an academic exercise for me and a hope of some transparency on gambling odds.

Well, I can only give my own experience. I bought eight Singularity Hypercrates. That is eight Hypercrates, not packs, in hopes of getting all 3 mounts from that hypercrate. I fancy myself a mount collector, and before the Singularity Hypercrate was released, I was only missing the Rapid Recon Walker (a mount that was released while I was taking a nine month break). Sadly after opening all 208 packs from those eight hypercrates, I didn't get all three mounts. I was missing the Polatinum item, the Holo-Rancor. I did get 3 other platinum items from those 208 packs though. One was a sniper rifle, another a bowcaster and the third was a monky-lizard pet. The monkey-lizard pet had 2 others on the GTN for 8m credits, and the bowcaster had 3 of them on the GTN, also for 8 million credits. There were no platinum sniper rifles on the GTN. After 2 weeks, there has been 1 holo-rancor on the GTN, for 150m credits. It sold within 24 hours. This is only my experience, but it looks like platinum items are about 1 in 3 hypercrates, and they sell for between 8m and unlimited amount of credits.

I know someone probably got a holo-rancor after their first pack opening, but that is how RNG works.

You probably have a better chance of winning the Powerball lottery jackpot twice in the same week, having Margot Robbie fall madly in love with you, finding out Oprah put the keys to a new car under the cushions on your couch, being struck by lightning, and gaining assess to the speed force than getting a platinum item. ;)