Sparkly eyes

Cuiwe

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, please, please fix this. A humble request, no animus. I know bugs like this are the nature of things in gaming. It's just that, I've actually spent money to change the eye color of more than a few of my toons in the past. And the sparkly eyes thing sort of mutes the eye color. And just looks weird lol.

Thanks so much for all your hard work, most recently evidenced by the incredibly smooth server merge last night. Haven't been this excited about the game in years, now that I can see people on the fleet again. Keep up the great work!!

I did a new Jedi Char yesterday - and I must say it's all over Tython now ... No NPC without it ...

First I tried to like it, but it more and more disturbed me ...

I'm pretty sure they tried that "feature" to get the Anime / Manga style into the game ...

I've got it too as does my sister half a continent away from me.

It is not just "sparkly". It looks as if the eyes have been changed to a shiny metallic surface map - hence the "sparkle". My bright blue eyes on my cathar are almost dark grey in most cinematics and the eye area is dark.

Also, the lighting is off as my black striped white cathar is way too bright in some scenes - no definition. And don't get me started on the holocalls that make only the eyes visible and not the rest of the face as the light is too bright.

Also - my graphics are all set to high/ultra and I updated my graphics driver last night and just checked in game before posting to see if that made a difference. The answer is "no".

Edited by CAgirlnKS

Sadly, I have to second this. It completely ruins cutscenes, and I mean completely. When the setting of the scene is relatively light, it's very distracting albeit endurable. When the cutscene takes place in dark environment however, it's actually painful to watch. Their eyes glow and it really seems like the background texture filters through them. It saddens me cause cutscenes are such a huge part of the game for me. I hope it gets at least toned down a little.

I kinda assume that this bug is related to the old lady models in game who's eyes now just look like ... elbows. I mean, strip of rough textured skin.

...and although their mouths move, they no longer open. I mean old ladies, anyways.

Did some lowbie content....

there's a Darkside Trooper quest with Refugee Minefield Racing, and there's an old lady in that, and a senior couple, and the elderly wife also has this same... elbow-eye, non-opening mouth syndrome.

The bug seems to be caused by a general increase of surface reflecitivity, or a change to LOD bias, which can have simlar effects to reflection textures. The vanilla trooper armors that were glossy lacquer now look like metal, the painting decorations are like mirrors (or rather like windows to another world). This is bad, even without the glass eyes as a game-breaking side effect for anyone who wants to play story. The engine doesn't handle reflections very well and the more reflective a surface is, the clearer we see the fake reflection texture moving along with the camera.

Please undo this ASAP and if it was intentional stop changing random graphic and sound settings. You are NOT improving the game this way.

Edited by Mubrak

The bug seems to be caused by a general increase of surface reflecitivity, or a change to LOD bias, which can have simlar effects to reflection textures. The vanilla trooper armors that were glossy laquer now look like metal, the painting decorations are like mirrrors (or rather like windows to another world). This is bad, even without the glass eyes as a game-breaking side effect for anyone who wants to play story. The engine doesn't handle reflections very well and the more reflective a surface is, the clearer we see the fake reflection texture moving along with the camera.

Please undo this ASAP and if it was intentional stop changing random graphic and sound settings. You are NOT improving the game this way.

Was it always Balmorra reflected in everyone's eyes before and we just couldn't see it as well? I never thought to look before they changed.

(Speaking of mirrors, I've been reluctant to wear the concealed bodysuit leggings on any of my characters because sometimes they're so shiny they look mirrored. Patent leather shiny is good, but mirrored shiny is bad. They don't even appear black anymore when it happens.)

Please please please don't just forget about this and leave it like this indefinitely, the eyes look terribly unrealistic and I have several toons stuck because I can't record their cutscenes like this. I understand with the merge it's not the first priority but don't abandon this and get it fixed eventually (sooner rather than later...). Please!

Consider this: What's the point of buying expensive CM armor for your character to look good if you can't take screenshots of her/him to use as wallpaper because of the eyes...

Please please please don't just forget about this and leave it like this indefinitely, the eyes look terribly unrealistic and I have several toons stuck because I can't record their cutscenes like this. I understand with the merge it's not the first priority but don't abandon this and get it fixed eventually (sooner rather than later...). Please!

Consider this: What's the point of buying expensive CM armor for your character to look good if you can't take screenshots of her/him to use as wallpaper because of the eyes...

Exactly! Not to mention, paying for eye color changes, which I've done, only to have them now obscured.

The bug seems to be caused by a general increase of surface reflecitivity, or a change to LOD bias, which can have simlar effects to reflection textures. The vanilla trooper armors that were glossy lacquer now look like metal, the painting decorations are like mirrors (or rather like windows to another world). This is bad, even without the glass eyes as a game-breaking side effect for anyone who wants to play story. The engine doesn't handle reflections very well and the more reflective a surface is, the clearer we see the fake reflection texture moving along with the camera.

...OH! :eek: So THAT'S why my character's formerly non-shiny armor suddenly looks like a mirror! I was so confused, and initially thought I'd messed up the outfit designer slots after a server transfer...now I know I didn't. I'd noticed an increase in SHINY on metallic details on armor, but not necessarily armor itself... this makes so much sense now.

Please fix all of this, BioWare. :( Don't let it go unnoticed for another year like the cathar skin color, or zabrak skin color, or anything else. Please?

ooooooh.

I dressed one of my characters as close a match to the Imperial Guard as possible, and I was super disappointed to see how reflective that helmet is.

...it isn't. It's the same stupid bug that's wrecking my whole outfit.

I posted elsewhere, a generic rant... but the crux of the rant was this:

SWTOR microtransactions are almost entirely based around cosmetic appearances. If this is your cash cow, it's ridiculous that you aren't ALL OVER graphics bugs. You can't milk a sick cow (well, I mean, someone who's on a farm would tell me I'm wrong, because the cow still needs to be milked, but you know... stuff).

• 2 weeks later...
Nope. Still super sparkly in the new update. Annoying as hell. :(

You're mistaken.

The sparkle is gone. But there's a new issue. They added more to the existing textures, making some existing character look as if they were on addicted to drugs. And there's also a "bug" that screwed up most colours. Many Twi'lek lost their original colours. Some colours such as brown and green have changed. My human female had dark brown eyes, and now they are gold....

You're mistaken.

The sparkle is gone. But there's a new issue. They added more to the existing textures, making some existing character look as if they were on addicted to drugs. And there's also a "bug" that screwed up most colours. Many Twi'lek lost their original colours. Some colours such as brown and green have changed. My human female had dark brown eyes, and now they are gold....

I actually like that color. Tune it a bit and you have Hazel, very nice.

Also, what's this about Deathsticks? Wanna buy some Deathsticks? :D :D :D

I actually like that color. Tune it a bit and you have Hazel, very nice.

It's fine when BW decides that Mako or Temple should now have hazel eyes. Looks odd now, but we'll get used to it and they're BW's chars. But they shouldn't decide that for our chars. Keep the old eye colors as they were, and add the new ones to the selection.

Edited by Mubrak