Double XP?? Please no....

SoulPT

I'm a returning player, just paid sub last week and have been exploring and enjoying the game ever since. The one thing I'm not enjoying is how fast you level up, I'm already several levels beyond what I'm supposed to be in terms of the zone I'm questing in. It's no big deal since the game lock my level to the max the zone allows but it really screws with my crafting since I like to craft for my level.

Now, all of a sudden, double xp week... that's just... great...

Is there a way to cancel the double xp effect? Maybe an item I can buy at a vendor or something?

I just like to play the game at a normal rhythm... if it's not too much bother...

EDIT: Thanks to the great feedback below i now know about the white acute module... GG

Edited by SoulPT
New info.

I'm a returning player, just paid sub last week and have been exploring and enjoying the game ever since. The one thing I'm not enjoying is how fast you level up, I'm already several levels beyond what I'm supposed to be in terms of the zone I'm questing in. It's no big deal since the game lock my level to the max the zone allows but it really screws with my crafting since I like to craft for my level.

Now, all of a sudden, double xp week... that's just... great...

Is there a way to cancel the double xp effect? Maybe an item I can buy at a vendor or something?

I just like to play the game at a normal rhythm... if it's not too much bother...

Between bolster and planet sync... Levels. Are. Irrelevant.

Just play. Forget levels exist. You'll be fine.

It's ONE week. No, you can't turn it off. It's also irrelevant under level 70 due to level sync. It does not impact your ability to craft at your level. Pick up the bonded attachments/cell grafts/assembly components recipes. Skill on those. You can get to max crafting skill in about 2 hrs. Additionally, you can pick up your gathering craft on every planet. It is no longer restricted. I.E. you can be 70 with a scavenging of 25 and pick up Farium/Molytex on Yavin. You will simply pick up a reduced amount until your scavenging equal the material on the planet.

It IS relevant to those of us grinding the incredibly SLOW Command XP that you get at 70. The double ©xp is a real boon for that.

Edited by Kyrra_T

1. Go to the fleet

2. Visit "Hathe'k" (Ancient Creature)

3. Purchase a "White Acute Module" for ZERO credits

4. Use "White Acute Module" to turn off XP boosts

Ah really??? Thank you so much... you just "saved my life" :D

but it really screws with my crafting since I like to craft for my level.

There should be nothing stopping you from crafting at a level appropriate for the planet you are playing. Plus, unless you are gathering by sending out companions (except for the white stuff that can only be obtained by send out) and therefore overachieving your crafting, the materials available to you will be relatively level locked by zone.

You will simply pick up a reduced amount until your scavenging equal the material on the planet.

Oh, wow, thanks, I didn't know that. Was levelling scavenging from zero on Iokath yesterday and was super amused that at first it was always one each of the materials in the node, then two, three, four, until finally I was at max level and it was always seven or eight.

Thought it was a bug or a weird quirk, but wow, that also explains the oner-rounds I've been having all the time when levelling toons farming high class planets. LOL

Honestly, thanks, you just solved a mystery for me that has been bugging me for weeks. :p

Edited by jacquelee

Yep, I almost always turn the double xp off. Back in the day when leveling was actually slow, 2x xp was fine occasionally. But doubling xp now that it is already stupidly fast is just.. well, stupid.

Ah, thank god I'm not alone in this... I really hate that games just increase xp rewards so you can get to see the endgame sooner but they fail to adjust the rest of the game to the new xp gains. As a result parts of the game don't add up and you level way too much for the zone your questing in. I understand that a lot of people enjoy the increased xp gains but it should always have a way for players to opt-out if preferred.

Keep in mind that that debuf works even when double XP event is not active. It can further reduce your XP gains. Currently, I'm using that for leveling via heroics between levels 61 and 66, since they give double rewards in that range.

Oh really??? I'll just keep it active for ever then, thank you!

Ah, thank god I'm not alone in this... I really hate that games just increase xp rewards so you can get to see the endgame sooner but they fail to adjust the rest of the game to the new xp gains. As a result parts of the game don't add up and you level way too much for the zone your questing in. I understand that a lot of people enjoy the increased xp gains but it should always have a way for players to opt-out if preferred.

you're not alone in this :)

I wish I knew how to fix the problem of Master Yonlach always thinking my sith warrior is a "contradictory" example of her order. :mad: Maybe we need alignment buffs now too, to further offset their meddling.

Edited by grania

Keep in mind that that debuf works even when double XP event is not active. It can further reduce your XP gains. Currently, I'm using that for leveling via heroics between levels 61 and 66, since they give double rewards in that range.

Really?

May steal that technique off of you.

You Sir (or Madam) are a genius! I did not think of this - so many double rewards missed!