Are you people serious!?

AngraMainju

So, this thread is a result of reading all those posts about recent roadmap. Seriously, people, don't you have any other concerns than character names and new server names!? For example:

-New PvP, cross-faction map- it was told that other maps are in progress of changing into cross-faction as well. Can we expect non-PvP content being cross-faction as well? For example, do changes in group finder include making it cross faction?

-New flashpoint and new augments- what will be the grade of those augments? Will HM/NIM ops be upscaled, or will those augments just make going through that content easier? Will a new flashpoint drop schematics for augment, what mats will be needed?

-Server merging- how big impact will it actually have on server population- when looking at the biggest servers, like The Red Eclipse or The Harbinger, how much bigger than them will the new servers be? What will be the impact on gtn prices?

-Ops "early next year"- what does it even mean? January? February? March? April?

-Conquest and gf revamp- what do you mean by focus on daily activities? Will the revamp make it easier for smaller guilds to compete with the biggest ones? When will we know more about the direction of those changes?

-GSF improvements will happen in less than a week, and yet we know nothing about them. What should we expect?

- "Utility adjustments" are mentioned only once in the roadmap. They are supposed to happen in one and a half month. Will they include only nerfs, as was the case with most dps/hps adjustments, or some classes can expect some buffs?

Only some of the questions that I am not only interested in, but I consider actually important. Now, about most popular posts and concerns regarding the roadmap, that will be taken into account, because people seem more concerned about those belowe, than those above:

-What about my crapload of character names!? Will I have to change a name from "Johnny" into "Johnn'y" of one of my, again, tons of characters that I have on every single server that ever existed in this game? If so, I will unsub and delete the game, and i am sub since the dawn of time! What a stupid, and pointless change is that server merging! Nobody wantsthat!!!!!!!111111

-Omg, what a stupid server name!! I don't even look at that name, as nobody cares about it, but it makes sooooooo easyyyy to make fun of it!!!! OMG rly!???? Pls, waaste your resources on fixing that instead of focusing on anything even remotely important, including more QoL changes, not to mention creating new stuff.

Now that we know the answers the those childish questions can we finally get some answers to those important ones?

Almost took this seriously. Almost. Kudos for the bait effort, but sadly I can't give you higher than a 3/10.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't wanna get Luna PO'd over at the Romance department, i've seen her unleash some of that anger on Youtube lol:D

Hell i would like Senya, Satele and that Nautalan Sith. Oh, and Acina

What can I say, I'm passionate about my romances. My man pixels matter to me. I hadn't realized my fury at youtube had become a thing lol. :eek::p

"Not everyone cares about pvp or ops or cxp or augments."- No, but majority cares about at least one of them.

If the majority cares about them, then that majority should be talking about them. If the majority who cares about them don't care enough to talk about them, why should it be up to the people who don't care about them to talk about them?

Exactly. People may argue the validity of each other's ideas based on what each person feels is important to them, but in the end, all of us play the game we want to, and each of us has our own priorities, none of which actually takes precedent over anyone else's.

I'm pretty sure no one asking questions about names has said getting their questions answered should take precedence over other people getting their questions answered. In fact, the vast majority of threads aren't claiming anything should take precedence over anything else. They are just people talking about what they care about with other people who also care about the same things.

- It's not PvP or PvE playerbase that does everything to spoil the game for the rest, it's the MINORITY of RPers and solo players

complains about reserving your name, new romance options or you don't like the name of the server(!) is completely and utterly RIDICLULOUS.

I am cool with other people's priorities

And here you come across as a major hypocrite. You care about other people's priorities as long as they fall in line with your priorities since people with different playstyles are ruining the game for you and their concerns are ridiculous :rolleyes:

Do you honestly think it's beneficial to anyone having people that have no experience in an aspect of the game, and might in fact actively dislike that aspect of the game jump into threads dedicated to discussing that aspect? For example, do you honestly think class balance would be furthered by people who have never done a parse or entered a pvp match or operation chiming in on what needs to be changed? Or is it really that you just want anyone who is discussing things you don't care about to shut up?

Edited by Damask_Rose

So, this thread is a result of reading all those posts about recent roadmap. Seriously, people, don't you have any other concerns than character names and new server names!? For example:

-New PvP, cross-faction map- it was told that other maps are in progress of changing into cross-faction as well. Can we expect non-PvP content being cross-faction as well? For example, do changes in group finder include making it cross faction?

Who said that? No one told anything about it. Eric said it's a bad idea long time ago, and since then devs weren't saying anything about it. Besides there are many players against this including me.

Edited by omaan

Well what I don't understand is this: The number of people who actually post in this forum these days is about the size of an elementary school classroom. So, what does a post like this accomplish, exactly? Antagonizing and dividing half of what's left of this community?

haha!, true! :)

Who said that? No one told anything about it. Eric said it's a bad idea long time ago, and since then devs weren't saying anything about it. Besides there are many players against this including me.

About new map being cross-faction I think it was mentioned in the livestream, about previous maps being made cross-faction i've read on swtor reddit subforum. And I did not say i am in favour, but would like to know about those changes beforehand.

Someone pointed out that some of the questions presented by me were addressed in a livestream. Pity nobody just wrote when or which question, not even trying to help...

I do not expect other peoples preferences to be in line with mine, i was just shocked that questions and concerns voiced here are completely different than the ones i see in general chat in game or are voiced by my fellow guildmates...

I do not expect other peoples preferences to be in line with mine, i was just shocked that questions and concerns voiced here are completely different than the ones i see in general chat in game or are voiced by my fellow guildmates...

I can relate. Sometimes I'm amazed by what others find to be most important. I kind of approach it like having a large family...we might not always get on or see eye-to-eye but we're all in this together. Sometimes "they" get what they want, sometimes I do. So long as it's fairly even, I'm content.

I can relate. Sometimes I'm amazed by what others find to be most important. I kind of approach it like having a large family...we might not always get on or see eye-to-eye but we're all in this together. Sometimes "they" get what they want, sometimes I do. So long as it's fairly even, I'm content.

I usually crush any dissenters with cannon fire and keelhauling.

Different strokes and all that.

Getting something new is always nice, but not at the cost of losing something important we already had. So while new content is great, I'm not prepared to give up my characters' names for it, nor should I be when there's an alternative.

As far as cross-faction, if they want new battlegrounds that are cross-faction that also make some semblance of sense in the lore, or to make huttball that way, fine. Not thrilled, but fine. But for content that's clearly faction-specific, they need to keep it that way. Republic and Empire are at war in the Alderaan and Denova BGs for example - they wouldn't be teaming up to invade Denova against another combined Rep/Imp force. Same with FPs - the Empire invaded Tython, the Republic liberated it, vice versa for Korriban. Sith and Jedi, Empire and Republic are enemies locked in an eternal struggle for dominance. That's what Star Wars is. They've deviated enough from that already since 4.0, let's not make it worse.

If they start making old FPs cross-faction it'll just mean I'll start only running FPs with premade groups, and I find the current group finder convenient, so would hate to lose that.

Obviously I relate with people concerned about losing characters name, but some people were angry that they might lose name on one of their above twenty toons. If it is your main- you will keep it. If not- there is a chance someone else has the same name and more play time and is even more fond of it than you. Grow up.

I hated every bit of that eternal something, prefered typical, epic good vs evil fight. Odessen proving grounds are not my favorite map, but still better than huttball i guesss... Probably new cross-faction map will be explained in lore, as OPG were.

GF is ok without any changes, so i was just thinking what they might change, trying to connect the dots. Obviously their goal is to decrease the q times, and cross-faction would probably do just that. Problem is that after the server merge the difference between number of dps and number of tanks in q will be even bigger.

Can we expect non-PvP content being cross-faction as well? For example, do changes in group finder include making it cross faction?

Would be very nice indeed only thing has to be optional as for some it's lore/immersion breaking.

LOL. Well character name is better than what I'm seeing.

Person X is offended by Hot Prospect.

SWTOR changes to Satele Shan.

Person Y is offended by SS in Satele Shan.

I think everything is offensive to someone. In fact I recently said something didn't offend me and people were offended that i wasn't offended.

Ahhh. feels good to get that off my chest. :p

Hey! Are you making fun? :( Romances are important to me. As is story. That's what matters to me. :o I can't wait to hear more about story and when we can expect some more. I figure story lovers will have to wait until they complete all the changes. I hope they won't keep us waiting too long. I'm eager, cause there isn't much on that roadmap that spoke to me personally.

Couldn't have said it better :)

The SS is indeed quite disturbing for sure.

Obviously the devs did not see it coming.

I don't get why naming servers with characters names especially one sided ones whether Pub or Imps as you're going to alienate yourself half the population

How about something more meaningful like:

HOPE?

Edited by Deewe

I don't get why naming servers with characters names especially one sided ones whether Pub or Imps as you're going to alienate yourself half the population

How about something more meaningful like:

HOPE?

It's not the SS. It's Satele.

-New flashpoint and new augments- what will be the grade of those augments? Will HM/NIM ops be upscaled, or will those augments just make going through that content easier? Will a new flashpoint drop schematics for augment, what mats will be needed?

-Server merging- how big impact will it actually have on server population- when looking at the biggest servers, like The Red Eclipse or The Harbinger, how much bigger than them will the new servers be? What will be the impact on gtn prices?

-Ops "early next year"- what does it even mean? January? February? March? April?

-Conquest and gf revamp- what do you mean by focus on daily activities? Will the revamp make it easier for smaller guilds to compete with the biggest ones? When will we know more about the direction of those changes?

-GSF improvements will happen in less than a week, and yet we know nothing about them. What should we expect?

- "Utility adjustments" are mentioned only once in the roadmap. They are supposed to happen in one and a half month. Will they include only nerfs, as was the case with most dps/hps adjustments, or some classes can expect some buffs?

Only some of the questions that I am not only interested in, but I consider actually important. Now, about most popular posts and concerns regarding the roadmap, that will be taken into account, because people seem more concerned about those belowe, than those above:

-What about my crapload of character names!? Will I have to change a name from "Johnny" into "Johnn'y" of one of my, again, tons of characters that I have on every single server that ever existed in this game? If so, I will unsub and delete the game, and i am sub since the dawn of time! What a stupid, and pointless change is that server merging! Nobody wantsthat!!!!!!!111111

-Omg, what a stupid server name!! I don't even look at that name, as nobody cares about it, but it makes sooooooo easyyyy to make fun of it!!!! OMG rly!???? Pls, waaste your resources on fixing that instead of focusing on anything even remotely important, including more QoL changes, not to mention creating new stuff.

Now that we know the answers the those childish questions can we finally get some answers to those important ones?

^You People!? : O

Edited by Willjb

Shan...

People will shorten it in two letters, cause it's faster to pronounce and to remember.

We say GF, CXP, DPS, PvP, not the long versions ever.

SS. I can actually see this catch on by the Devs. People putting it all in their signature. It'll look odd.

I don't personally care though, I know it's Satele Shan. I would have never even made that connection however. ;S

If they actually respond to this and make a big deal out of it, I feel like they're gonna do away with all the named servers after people.

Do not want!:mad:

You can take things too far as well. In the original Guild Wars game there was a necromancer skill called Spiteful Spirit. There was actually a specific build made around that skill. It was called SS. There were some jokes about it at first and after a while it stopped and SS just meant Spiteful Spirit.

It's always possible to have abbreviations that mean different things.

The English will see RAF as the Royal Air Force and the Germans will see it as Rote Armee Fraction, which was a terrorist group. I don't think the Royal Air Force is changing their name.

Alternatively we can make another combination by taking parts of Satele Shan and making a new word so we can avoid SS.

So let's take the first 3 letters of the first name and the last 2 of the last name. Then we can call it the Satan server.

Better?