Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Thanks! :) Currently working on a more serious video tribute for Arcann. It's pretty time consuming, but a fun way to spend the time in between game updates, especially since I can't seem to write fanfiction.

Nice, looking forward to watching it, then. ;)

So, are you guys excited about the new roadmap? Do you think our redeemed tyrant will get some love? I saw a few people asking to marry him in the livestream comments. I want that too, eventually, but I'm hoping for a few more talks first so the relationship will feel more developed.

Not sure we will get anything... But I'd rather have more talks as well before getting any proposal from him. I liked the talk in the Nathema Conspiracy storyline. I'd rather have a few more like that one, but with less "I am nothing without you" (it's cute, but does not fit to the character as I like to see him) and more "I'll always fight by your side, whatever happens".

I gotta agree with other people that I wouldn't want an option to marry Arcann anytime soon. They have barely started dating! They need more time to get to know each other! Perhaps on some later day Bioware could add marriage options to Arcann, Koth and potential new romances sometime soon (I think there's been rumors of Scourge returning as romanceable?), but right now, no thanks. ^^'

Did anyone else find his line delivery for the romance specific dialogue in The Nathema Conspiracy to be...cringy? I feel bad for saying this and I like how he delivered his generic dialogue about giving Theron another chance but he sounded so fake and like he was reading off a paper or something. :o

Anyway, with whatever new story that comes up I wish they would start doing romance specific emails again at least. I mean that can't possibly take up that much time or resources to code in right? (It certainly wouldn't take that much time to write)

To my shame, the character of mine that's supposed to romance Arcann is still in the middle of KotFE and I haven't watched the Nathema cutscene with a romance going on... :o oh well, hopefully I'll manage to get through the endless waves of spawning skytroopers sometime soon. ^^'

but I love those romance letters! Please, more of them! They should be cheap to make, no animations or voice acting required! :)

Did anyone else find his line delivery for the romance specific dialogue in The Nathema Conspiracy to be...cringy? I feel bad for saying this and I like how he delivered his generic dialogue about giving Theron another chance but he sounded so fake and like he was reading off a paper or something. :o

Anyway, with whatever new story that comes up I wish they would start doing romance specific emails again at least. I mean that can't possibly take up that much time or resources to code in right? (It certainly wouldn't take that much time to write)

I unfortunately can't comment on that as i had to recreate the character meant for Arcann as i want to record her story and i had no more room for new characters :o

And i've only played Nathema with my JK who is with Theron so far, and as i play in french the voice acting is different, but i did not feel the dialog was bad.

I'm all for romance specific letters, it gives more insight on what NPCs are feeling and it must be pretty cheap to do.

Not at all actually; I liked the delivery of the romance lines in that scene. It didn't sound fake to me, but more like those weren't easy words for him to say. If anything, I'm less happy with the dialogue about Theron; I wish there had been a smoother transition from his earlier letter, which indicated that he was willing to kill the traitor for you, to advising you to spare him.

Not at all actually; I liked the delivery of the romance lines in that scene. It didn't sound fake to me, but more like those weren't easy words for him to say. If anything, I'm less happy with the dialogue about Theron; I wish there had been a smoother transition from his earlier letter, which indicated that he was willing to kill the traitor for you, to advising you to spare him.

I tend to agree with all this. Arcann looks like it is hard for him to spit the romance sentence out, like he is confessing a weakness that he'd better kept for himself (yeah, that's my totally romantic self talking). ;)

I tend to agree with all this. Arcann looks like it is hard for him to spit the romance sentence out, like he is confessing a weakness that he'd better kept for himself (yeah, that's my totally romantic self talking). ;)

I totally get that's what they were going for, it just really missed the mark for me :o

To my shame, the character of mine that's supposed to romance Arcann is still in the middle of KotFE and I haven't watched the Nathema cutscene with a romance going on... :o oh well, hopefully I'll manage to get through the endless waves of spawning skytroopers sometime soon. ^^'

but I love those romance letters! Please, more of them! They should be cheap to make, no animations or voice acting required! :)

If you're curious I uploaded a clip of just that part:

Thanks so much! I'm really happy you liked it :D It was meant to be funny, so I'm glad that worked too :o

I killed Arcann on my SW because it really was what she would have done, but afterwards I found it hard to relate to her. Her story just became so dark that it was difficult to find it enjoyable. The video helped me get back into her character by showing a softer, more vulnerable side of her personality, but also by placing her in a comic situation :) On a more serious note, I imagine that the Outlander (pretty much regardless of class) is the type of person who needs to constantly be striving for something or battling someone in order to have a meaningful existence. I think that's the case for most larger-than-life, hero/villain characters. Like how superheroes need supervillains to fight in order to feel complete :)

Did you level another Sith Warrior because of the light side Arcann Romance scenes wouldn't have happened since you said you killed him. Or was the killing of Arcann on replayable chapters. Sorry, I was a little confused. Also, what emote were you using in front of the fire part.

I try to make videos that are funny and some that are serious. I did one for my Knight on an 80's song. Tried to make it like the original 80's video with a Star Wars theme. Anyway, if you want I can link my channel.

Hmm. I think the actual lines sounded fine for the most part, minus at the very end, but that might be just me feeling that's a little too much considering they haven't dated for that long... :o Maybe there's a slight disconnect between the voice acting and the animations, though. The voice acting sounds very emotional, but Arcann looks so...stoic? ^^'

Hey! But that is not what you get with a female character, then! Or at least I had something different (and far better I believe).

(not my video, but I got the same scene)

I was talking about the line delivery(which is the same for both) rather than the animations. The male-male animations are awkward and crappy with all gay couples in every kissing scene while the male-female animations are sweet and awesome and definitely had care put in. Pretty sure the gay romance was an afterthought but I'll take what I can get at this point. :( better than the 50 levels of zilch from the main story T_T

Did you level another Sith Warrior because of the light side Arcann Romance scenes wouldn't have happened since you said you killed him. Or was the killing of Arcann on replayable chapters. Sorry, I was a little confused. Also, what emote were you using in front of the fire part.

I try to make videos that are funny and some that are serious. I did one for my Knight on an 80's song. Tried to make it like the original 80's video with a Star Wars theme. Anyway, if you want I can link my channel.

I did kill him on my real SW, but made a boosted level 65 clone and replayed KotET with her to get the light side shots :) You're right; I had to do it that way to get the romance. It was kind of a drag having to do Iokath and the flashpoints again just to get to the Nathema kiss on my clone, but hey - I'll do anything for Arcann ;) The dance in front of the fire is the "angry dance" emote. It has a few different styles.

I'd love to see your video, so please do! :)

Edited by witchglove

Hmm. I think the actual lines sounded fine for the most part, minus at the very end, but that might be just me feeling that's a little too much considering they haven't dated for that long... :o Maybe there's a slight disconnect between the voice acting and the animations, though. The voice acting sounds very emotional, but Arcann looks so...stoic? ^^'

To me the line "I don't know what I'd do without you, promise you'll come back to me" sounded very emotionless even though that's a passionate line and yeah I wouldn't expect him to have that kind of line since like you said they only just started dating. As far as we know they might not have had any interactions since they basically told each other they had a crush and shared one kiss like how much time has passed? Is it the same day? Have they been fooling around behind our backs during some unknown time lapse? It's not like Theron, Lana, or the class LI's who have known the PC for years.

To me the line "I don't know what I'd do without you, promise you'll come back to me" sounded very emotionless even though that's a passionate line and yeah I wouldn't expect him to have that kind of line since like you said they only just started dating. As far as we know they might not have had any interactions since they basically told each other they had a crush and shared one kiss like how much time has passed? Is it the same day? Have they been fooling around behind our backs during some unknown time lapse? It's not like Theron, Lana, or the class LI's who have known the PC for years.

That same line felt strange to me, too... But I suppose it could be so early into the relationship that Arcann's just going through that phase when you'd rather spend every minute with your new sweetheart? You know, when you think everything is magical when they're around, before reality starts sinking in and you realize they didn't change your whole life after all. :D

For me, a really passionate delivery would actually have seemed out of character. I agree very much with what Iheaca said before; I don't think Arcann would be comfortable (yet) with openly expressing his feelings, so he's sort of choking on it. He writes in the Nathema letter that he tried to conceal his feelings for you at first, so I think you have to assume/headcanon that he has been with you for awhile after you defeated Valkorion and slowly falling for you during that time, before the first romance talk. So, while their relationship is very new, it's believable to me that he could be very much in love at that point. Given the history between them, I also don't think it's out of place to feel very strongly about each other, even at such an early point in the relationship. They've already been through some pretty intense emotions regarding each other, which can't really be compared to most other relationships (Arcann says he hated you once and depending on your character, she/he might have felt the same).

I do agree that it's a shame the whole thing is so rushed. It would have obviously been far better if we'd had more talks in between, so you wouldn't need to pretend that all this time has passed between the talks. I'm still just happy that we got to romance him at all, though. I'll happily take whatever we might get in the future, even if that requires some headcanon, too.

Edited by witchglove

I did kill him on my real SW, but made a boosted level 65 clone and replayed KotET with her to get the light side shots :) You're right; I had to do it that way to get the romance. It was kind of a drag having to do Iokath and the flashpoints again just to get to the Nathema kiss on my clone, but hey - I'll do anything for Arcann ;) The dance in front of the fire is the "angry dance" emote. It has a few different styles.

I'd love to see your video, so please do! :)

Oh yea I have that dance emote. Forgot about it. :D

It's a nice video. I like your transitions to black and white showing the past.

I am working on one to the song Bring me to Life by Evanscence. My kid says its too overplayed and used in many gaming videos he's seen, but I love that song too much and have only seen it used in a WoW video. I was using the one without the guy singing but that's still a work in progress. And I just learned it is royalty-free!

My 80's one I just found out was blocked! I am so mad. It was to Take on me by A-ha. I did the video in cartoon/comic animation. I am bummed...I did file a dispute so we'll see what happens. So be careful if using any song owned by Warner Music Group. They will block your videos in every country.

Here is my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ94tEXTwJnckcHKarj44Pw?view_as=subscriber

Oh yea I have that dance emote. Forgot about it. :D

It's a nice video. I like your transitions to black and white showing the past.

I am working on one to the song Bring me to Life by Evanscence. My kid says its too overplayed and used in many gaming videos he's seen, but I love that song too much and have only seen it used in a WoW video. I was using the one without the guy singing but that's still a work in progress. And I just learned it is royalty-free!

My 80's one I just found out was blocked! I am so mad. It was to Take on me by A-ha. I did the video in cartoon/comic animation. I am bummed...I did file a dispute so we'll see what happens. So be careful if using any song owned by Warner Music Group. They will block your videos in every country.

Here is my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ94tEXTwJnckcHKarj44Pw?view_as=subscriber

Thanks! I'm still really inexperienced at it, so positive feedback makes me very happy :)

I love that song too! I also associate it with Arcann, by the way. I especially like the cover by Daughtry as an "Arcann song" :)

That's a bummer about your video :( It sounds really fun, would have liked to have seen it. Thanks for the heads-up. You have some great stuff on your channel! What software do you use to make your videos? That Coldplay song is perfect for your "Ascension to the Throne".

Edited by witchglove

Thanks! I'm still really inexperienced at it, so positive feedback makes me very happy :)

I love that song too! I also associate it with Arcann, by the way. I especially like the cover by Daughtry as an "Arcann song" :)

That's a bummer about your video :( It sounds really fun, would have liked to have seen it. Thanks for the heads-up. You have some great stuff on your channel! What software do you use to make your videos? That Coldplay song is perfect for your "Ascension to the Throne".

Thank you!

I used the basic Windows Movie Maker and recently acquired Filmora. I am still messing with the Filmora program but you can add some nice animations and transitions, plus you can separate audio from the music and place it in different sections. But mostly I used the free one that comes with Windows 10.

My lady JK wears the same top and boots but dyed in dark grey / medium grey or something like that xD

Well not to be mean or anything but i like the french voice acting better, it often feels more natural and less forced, i feel the same about english dubbed animes.

For me, a really passionate delivery would actually have seemed out of character. I agree very much with what Iheaca said before; I don't think Arcann would be comfortable (yet) with openly expressing his feelings, so he's sort of choking on it. He writes in the Nathema letter that he tried to conceal his feelings for you at first, so I think you have to assume/headcanon that he has been with you for awhile after you defeated Valkorion and slowly falling for you during that time, before the first romance talk. So, while their relationship is very new, it's believable to me that he could be very much in love at that point. Given the history between them, I also don't think it's out of place to feel very strongly about each other, even at such an early point in the relationship. They've already been through some pretty intense emotions regarding each other, which can't really be compared to most other relationships (Arcann says he hated you once and depending on your character, she/he might have felt the same).

I do agree that it's a shame the whole thing is so rushed. It would have obviously been far better if we'd had more talks in between, so you wouldn't need to pretend that all this time has passed between the talks. I'm still just happy that we got to romance him at all, though. I'll happily take whatever we might get in the future, even if that requires some headcanon, too.

I agree that it would be weird if he gave a really bold, passionate speech but that's not what I meant. To me he sounds like he's reading off a paper. I would expect him to sound hesitant or embarrassed or insecure or something but he might as well be reading an ingredient label. It's weird because I think he does a great job most of the time.

Yes.

In my opinion it totally fits with the beginning of the romance. There has been a passionate kiss, but otherwise Arcann is a bit shy and does not really know how to handle a relationship. I strongly believe that he is a passionate character, but he still remains cautious with a situation he is not comfortable with. And I believe that the line delivery coupled with the scene (female one) delivers just that, a man deeply in love but not really comfortable with it.

From his letter, I'd say that yes, he is already strongly in love. I interpret the beginning of the romance as a scene that he has carefully prepared, including that he has first made sure he understood his feelings. So he would already be further into the feelings development than a standard LI would probably be. But that partly headcanon

of course...

I see Arcann as well as someone who has been so staved of love and understanding that he would definitely dive deep into a relationship immediately, in terms of strength of feelings, while feeling a bit overwhelmed and unsure because it is not something he can simply master and control rationally. Which ends up in this passionate careful man.

As per the time that has passed, no clue, but I'd say at least a few days of relationship if not weeks. I do not really care as long as it seems logical to be (i'd go for a couple of weeks, and yes... I defeintely think that they already went through the bed part, who cares if there was no "fade to black" effect in game...).