Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

*waves at Iheaca*

I'm currently sad I don't have a character that is right now up to SoR. I wanted to see some specific dialogues again. lmao. replay cutscenes option needed! kidding... kind of

Evil-Arcann still makes a big impact on me when my characters first meet him. That'll never change. Some characters just stick with me, and mean a lot - good or bad - to the stories.

I'd like that replay option too... Even just for the pleasure of replaying some scenes without having to play them on YouTube with a character that is not my own just because I almost never think of recording the scenes. But if you actually need the dialogues, YouTube can be pretty useful, I used it extensively for a few parts I needed.

How is your writing going?

I'd like that replay option too... Even just for the pleasure of replaying some scenes without having to play them on YouTube with a character that is not my own just because I almost never think of recording the scenes. But if you actually need the dialogues, YouTube can be pretty useful, I used it extensively for a few parts I needed.

How is your writing going?

Yeah I have trouble watching anything not my characetr or her dialogue picks xD I don't know why, it gets really annoying but I only have recorded kotfe/kotet, Iokath and class story. Not makeb or SoR yet, I should get on that.

My writing stagnanted a long time back. Lost all motivation. Got a little bit done today, first time in a long time.

Edited by Asmodesu

Yeah I have trouble watching anything not my characetr or her dialogue picks xD I don't know why, it gets really annoying but I only have recorded kotfe/kotet, Iokath and class story. Not makeb or SoR yet, I should get on that.

My writing stagnanted a long time back. Lost all motivation. Got a little bit done today, first time in a long time.

I can understand. I find it weird too and try to focus on the videos showing all the dialogue possibilities but it is rather strange to watch as it does not flow at all. Since I have only done it to remember some parts I needed or write down the IG dialogues it was fine, but not really enjoyable.

It is good if you can write a little but if you do not have the motivation and it becomes not that much enjoyable, perhaps you should reconsider what you are willing to write? Or maybe it is a specific scene that is hard to write, I get this sometimes and I feel better and more motivated when it is behind me. I still spent 3 months in summer without writing anything for the fiction, I could not get back to it.

*sends motivating kudos*

It was parts of that. brain wanting to write much further along in the story, getting stuck on a scene plus rewriting what I had and then just plain giving up due to personal self-hating issues. "my writing sucks so why do I even bother".

I just wanted to finish one thing in my life... if that part of my brain could butt out I'd appreciate it xDD

All my characters are voraciously monogamous, Mated for life, and it makes it easier to avoid temptation. My Trooper, is with Elara, my JK is with Kira, my Fem Agent is with Vector, my Male Agent is with Shara (he will find her again), my JC will be Arcann's and my SW is with Vette. I spent so much time creating a culture for my Legacy that I'm never tempted.

Mandalorians are also pretty Monogamous so my BH couldn't even think of abandoning Theron. Also, her backstory is full of abandonment issues as it is.

I think Arcann will really benefit from a voraciously monogamous partner though. It'll help heal the breach loosing Thexan created.

I'm the same way when I play any game with romance. I'll sometimes play characters that have flings with random NPCs but once they have an actual LI, even those characters knock it off. The exception is that window when SoR had come out but KotFE/KotET hadn't and our original companions had been silent bricks for years, a bunch of my characters romanced Theron even though they were married because I thought the original LIs would never be a part of the story again. As soon as I learned that (some of) the original characters would be coming back I felt so horrible that I deleted my dirty rotten cheaters and played them again from the beginning even though they were level 60 and kept them faithful lol (and also made new characters that stayed single through the class story to romance Theron and Arcann).

*waves at Iheaca*

I'm currently sad I don't have a character that is right now up to SoR. I wanted to see some specific dialogues again. lmao. replay cutscenes option needed! kidding... kind of

Evil-Arcann still makes a big impact on me when my characters first meet him. That'll never change. Some characters just stick with me, and mean a lot - good or bad - to the stories.

Which dialogues were you looking for? :3

My characetrs also stay with the one LI the entire time.. except the ones that have flings with non-companion npc's like my smuggler and Agent until they get with an LI (agent). My smuggler is sad she had no-one to have one night stands with in kotfe-Iokath etc xD

Which dialogues were you looking for? :3

A bunch (Imperial character as I play a SW main for my story stuff). dialogue between pc and Lana on Manaan just before she leaves to find a possible contact (Theron) was one.

Others were the meeting between Satele and Marr on Rishi, the remarks if you click on everyone during the meetings, after each cutscene ends, on Yavin IV

the others are harder for me to specifically place.

Edited by Asmodesu

My characetrs also stay with the one LI the entire time.. except the ones that have flings with non-companion npc's like my smuggler and Agent until they get with an LI (agent). My smuggler is sad she had no-one to have one night stands with in kotfe-Iokath etc xD

A bunch (Imperial character as I play a SW main for my story stuff). dialogue between pc and Lana on Manaan just before she leaves to find a possible contact (Theron) was one.

Others were the meeting between Satele and Marr on Rishi, the remarks if you click on everyone during the meetings, after each cutscene ends, on Yavin IV

the others are harder for me to specifically place.

I dunno if this helps but here is the imperial side meeting with Lana on Manaan and the meeting with Satele and Marr at the end of Rishi

It's a SI rather than a SW though

I dunno if this helps but here is the imperial side meeting with Lana on Manaan and the meeting with Satele and Marr at the end of Rishi
It's a SI rather than a SW though

Hey, thanks a lot :D and yeah si shouldn't matter since I do not believe there are any class specific lines in the bits I was interested in except the original remark to Marr. The choices in that one are all but maybe 2 the ones I was after, helpful definitely :D

Edited by Asmodesu

Hey just thought I would pop in here. It's been a while. I wanted to share a link for a video I made of Arcann and my Sith Warrior. Let me know what you all think.

I really feel empathy for him even more now after completing this project.

Nice vid.

What's the outfit Theron wears when you recruit Arcann ? It suits him pretty well

Probably be just another thing they just handwave if he's alive with you, Paul.

So I know, and read, people's fanfics for a redeemed arcann romance. Seen a few without the redemption part also.

Curious as to how people think it might have gone if you could, highly unlikely but it's just chatting, have recruited the big bad guy instead, or at least got him on your side (just cut out everything in KotET and go from Arcann as big bad Emepror)

Would anyone's characters, say ike Sith, have joined Arcann and Vaylin instead? or at least tried to.

Thanks! The jacket on Theron is the RD-04B Sharpshooter Jacket. It's an orange item I looted. The rest is the Casual Vandal pieces.

Ah, too bad it's a loot, i liked it, but it's then difficult to get it, and even more so several times. :(

but that's a nice look you found for him

Hey just thought I would pop in here. It's been a while. I wanted to share a link for a video I made of Arcann and my Sith Warrior. Let me know what you all think.

I really feel empathy for him even more now after completing this project.

Nice vid.

Yep, it is hard not to feel empathic with characters as soon as you start projects including them. :)

So with Arcann's new personality. Do you think he's going to be a problem for Sith aligned characters? I feel his quest for redemption isn't going to be compatible with my quest to wipe out the Jedi Order.

You mean Dark Side aligned? I remember Charles saying that the companions may react to us making specific choices and leave eventually. Wiping out the Jedi Order may not be a problem, perhaps try to avoid bombing orphanages in the process. :p

So I know, and read, people's fanfics for a redeemed arcann romance. Seen a few without the redemption part also.

Curious as to how people think it might have gone if you could, highly unlikely but it's just chatting, have recruited the big bad guy instead, or at least got him on your side (just cut out everything in KotET and go from Arcann as big bad Emepror)

Would anyone's characters, say ike Sith, have joined Arcann and Vaylin instead? or at least tried to.

Interesting question!

I do not know if something like this would be possible, even hypothetically. Big Bad Emperor Arcann may want to join someone to make his sister fall and get the throne back, but then, I doubt that he would share it with anyone. Oh well, there may be a consort deal possible in that case. Probably not the Outlander, though.

As per a character wanting to join Arcann or Vaylin? Again, they might not want the Outlander. Another one might work and they might be glad to have another obedient subordinate, but I highly doubt that they would have a real partnership with anyone. They do not even have this with Acina who had to declare loyalty to the Eternal Throne.

So yeah. There might be something about becoming an imperial consort and with time become closer and an adviser of some sort. Otherwise...

Interesting question!

I do not know if something like this would be possible, even hypothetically. Big Bad Emperor Arcann may want to join someone to make his sister fall and get the throne back, but then, I doubt that he would share it with anyone. Oh well, there may be a consort deal possible in that case. Probably not the Outlander, though.

As per a character wanting to join Arcann or Vaylin? Again, they might not want the Outlander. Another one might work and they might be glad to have another obedient subordinate, but I highly doubt that they would have a real partnership with anyone. They do not even have this with Acina who had to declare loyalty to the Eternal Throne.

So yeah. There might be something about becoming an imperial consort and with time become closer and an adviser of some sort. Otherwise...

Yeah I wasn't thinking anywhere near join them and be respected, more like be their new lackey as they wouldn't allow further. It just caused me to think their redemption pathway was the only way to still have contact with Arcann in the end. But it was also fun to think about it, even if unlikely, going a different way.

Yeah I wasn't thinking anywhere near join them and be respected, more like be their new lackey as they wouldn't allow further. It just caused me to think their redemption pathway was the only way to still have contact with Arcann in the end. But it was also fun to think about it, even if unlikely, going a different way.

Thinking of it, there would be possibilities.

The story of a mere lackey would not be very interesting. But a Sith could play loyalty and have the mid/long term objective of taking the Eternal Throne for themselves. Or have a deal with them to get Acina's throne instead. Why not...

You mean Dark Side aligned? I remember Charles saying that the companions may react to us making specific choices and leave eventually. Wiping out the Jedi Order may not be a problem, perhaps try to avoid bombing orphanages in the process. :p

What if the orphans are hiding a Jedi?! :eek:

Arcann? KOTFE Arcann, yeah, I think he could have been persuaded to work with Nox. I'm not sure about KOTET Arcann, as I said, I feel his goals and mine are going to collide.

I don't think redemption would have worked for Vaylin (change my mind) but for a dark sider, she would have been my ideal companion!

My Darth Nox would openly side with Arcann & Vaylin. She (will) care(s) very little for the Alliance and the fight against the Eternal Empire. I'm not sure how she would react to Arcann, while she would attack him if he tried to force her back into carbonite, she would have openly worked with him to combat against Valkorion had that been an option.

Vaylin? She'd be all over Vaylin. :p

Edited by Paulsutherland

Arcann? KOTFE Arcann, yeah, I think he could have been persuaded to work with Nox. I'm not sure about KOTET Arcann, as I said, I feel his goals and mine are going to collide.

I don't think redemption would have worked for Vaylin (change my mind) but for a dark sider, she would have been my ideal companion!

My Darth Nox would openly side with Arcann & Vaylin. She (will) care(s) very little for the Alliance and the fight against the Eternal Empire. I'm not sure how she would react to Arcann, while she would attack him if he tried to force her back into carbonite, she would have openly worked with him to combat against Valkorion had that been an option.

Vaylin? She'd be all over Vaylin. :p

I think they'd do a disservice if redeemed Arcann didn't mention anything about siding with Empire without sabotage.

Bolded: That would probably be the most fun Vaylin has ever had! xD

I think they'd do a disservice if redeemed Arcann didn't mention anything about siding with Empire without sabotage.

Bolded: That would probably be the most fun Vaylin has ever had! xD

My understanding of what has been said about companions and influence is that they would react to the player's choices in terms of actions, not faction. Meaning that killing innocent people might for instance have a negative impact on some of them and they might eventually leave.

In terms of gameplay, I would really hate having companions leave just because of the choice of a specific faction. And I do not think that it would make sense if the Alliance remains independant. So I truly hope that we will remain able to choose what we agree with to a certain extent and won't have to do everything a faction asks for just because we decided to side with them. This being said, we wil see what the Republic becomes now, but Acina is not supposed to be a bad dumb blood-thirsty Sith even if she will always remain far from a compasionate Jedi. So siding with the Empire does not necessarily mean being bad guys to the core, even though methods applied are for sure less compassionate.

As per Arcann, it may be my headcanon only but I do not think that being redeemed necessarily transformed him into a Galactic Peace Nobel Price. He is a warrior, he knows how war is. He may not want to bomb orphanages (yeah, even if they are hiding Jedi, Paul :p ), but I would expect that he understands that war is no clean thing anyway and that neither faction is the good and right one.

Edited by Iheaca