Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Ah. I think that I will allow myself something not totally accurate until I know how I want to change it. I already made some changes to the first chapter of the story and will do others along the way. This chapter might be included at some point.

I think that for both sith and zakuulian knights, the Force is a weapon. But a Sith would consider it a weapon that will serve him/her. A Knight considers the force as a weapon to serve the Emperor, or so they say. Which is something that really made me wonder. Now that there is no Emperor/Empress anymore, how do they consider it? Is the Force serving the Commander?

So the Force a companion/friend to the jedi, a weapon for a sith who s/he is worth wielding, a weapon for a knight who is not worth wielding it but is doing so for the glory of the Emperor... Three different relationships where only the sith consider that their own will is in power.

That is a conflicting part for me. The limit between controlling and being controlled might be different from an individual to the other, but many texts say that the only way to become more powerful is to surrender to darkness. But how can you become more powerful by surrendering and not controlling anything? So I tend to think that keeping control is the key, which failed to Arcann, to Vaylin and even to Valkorion who was finally blinded to the point of not even considering that he could be challenged and defeated. But the deeper you go, the harder it must be to keep control so the more you seek power, the more it becomes dangerous. Which is quite fine, it means that a balance is kept somehow.

So, light/dark would be more about the philosophy and approach. There is no such thing about a dark Force or a light one, which goes the way Marr/Shan explain and I am totally fine with it. And Force powers are therefore not really linked to a specific Force, only to the way you choose to use it. A jedi might consider that lightning and choke are too cruel and not use them, but healing could be fine for a sith as long as it serves his/her needs.

So... controlled by his emotions, definitely. And wielding the Force as a weapon, which is a common ground between sith and zakuulans, except that the former concretely know how to use the weapon for their own sake and the latter don't, which might make them more prone to get overwhelmed. In a way, that would mean that the way Valky put the zakuulan society in place, with him revered almost as a good, guaranteed him to be sure he remained the most powerful, but decreased the power of his own armies at the same time. Odd...

The picture that comes into my mind is a giant nuclear mushroom. :p

Vaylin is an interesting case if you see it like this. She was meant to fail, then, because she was consuming herself. In french we would say something like burning the candle at both ends, I do not know if there is an english equivalent.

Ah, we know the Jedi are the poor weak guys, don't we? :p In a sense, it is right, they cannot be as powerful as a sith can be. But their limit is as well what prevents them from becoming brainless brutes, it can be useful. :p I would not be surprised that there are more jedi who quitted the order than sith that left.

So, to come back to the initial interrogation, I guess that what matters the most in the sith code is to consider the Force as a weapon or a way to reach your objectives and wielding it that way. It is not the Force that should be considered dark but the way you use it, light being a good and altruistic way, dark being at least more self-centered and less magnanimous. Which I guess makes my Nyx a sith but not a too nasty one. :p

Nice one. :-)

:eek: I wasn't trying to make you change it :o you asked if there was anything I saw differently thats all :)

Yes we have burning the candle at both ends to ^^

I think we should make the distinction, Rational/emotional it doesn't always follow as good/bad as we've seen throughout the starwars universe.

They're not the weak ones, just ill prepared :D.

Thank you, not an especially unique choice I'm sure :D, but the song fits my perception of the sith (although darkside might be more accurate? fallen jedi etc.).

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

:eek: I wasn't trying to make you change it :o you asked if there was anything I saw differently thats all :)

Oh there is no issue at all. I like to try my best to be acurate whenever there is something solid to cling to. So I appreciate opinions such as yours. Final decisions are mine and mine alone anyway and I already know from past discussions that there are things coming that are based on own interpretation that are not shared by others here. We cannot agree on everything. :p

Changes I have made so far were mostly additions (such as giving more insight on what Arcann did between Voss and the moment when we meet him again at his sister's festival), but I plan to do some other small changes in the choices of words in other chapters, and probably give more substance to chapter 2 as well. But well, for the moment, daily letters take my free time.^^

I'm moving a lamp millimetres to the right instead of sleeping >_< damn you strongholds. It's not like anyone's ever going to see it. what does it matter if it's a bit lopsided... Dammit.

Good luck. ;-)

Here, sleeping was apparently overdue 4 hours ago (a bit too early even though I had to wake up anyway).

Screenshots or it didn't happen! It might be the greatest location for a lamp ever found. :rak_03:

Been meaning to thank you for letting me see your Rishi SH on the PTS server :), Only really have one Stronghold I decorate (and thank the force for that:D) but your welcome to come have a look round if you want. Don't feel obligated :p just felt some reciprocity might be in order.

Hmmmm don't think I've ever taken screenshots in my stronghold...to busy fiddling with lamps :rolleyes:.

Been meaning to thank you for letting me see your Rishi SH on the PTS server :), Only really have one Stronghold I decorate (and thank the force for that:D) but your welcome to come have a look round if you want. Don't feel obligated :p just felt some reciprocity might be in order.

Hmmmm don't think I've ever taken screenshots in my stronghold...to busy fiddling with lamps :rolleyes:.

I'd be happy to get to see your sh! :D Out of curiosity, which one is it that you decorate? :p

And lamps are important!

I'd be happy to get to see your sh! :D Out of curiosity, which one is it that you decorate? :p

And lamps are important!

Nar Shaddaa sky palace ...-whispers- It might have something to do with Treasure planet vibes. You know I think I've mentioned that film more times in this forum recently than I have since it originally came out :o.

Eh whatever, I'm weird, pretty sure thats not news to anyone here. Pm me a character name and I'll try to figure out the key interface :D

Also yes, lamps are important...Mostly because they effect the lighting which can lead to a complete rearranging of the room... -Dusk has Flashbacks- Omg what is that, and why did I put it there -wails-.

Which is hilarious because in real life I'm the one with the mismatched comfy/well used/falling apart aesthetic :o

I have seen Dusk's lamps and confirm they are, in fact, real and nicely placed. :p :p :p

And these constant reminders of Treasure planet make me want watch it a second time. :D So maybe this time I'd remember what happens in it

I have seen Dusk's lamps and confirm they are, in fact, real and nicely placed. :p :p :p

And these constant reminders of Treasure planet make me want watch it a second time. :D So maybe this time I'd remember what happens in it

-Dusk is grinning like an idiot- :o thank you. don't look at me, I'll have you know I've always had a magenta complexion :D... Your blushing >>.

-Dusk is grinning like an idiot- :o thank you. don't look at me, I'll have you know I've always had a magenta complexion :D... Your blushing >>.

Dusk is turning to the color of the Hive! :eek: Someone save him! (...is it him? Or did I just make an awkward mistake :D )

Anyway, looking forward to more discussions of the nature of the Force! Maybe this time I'll actually comment instead of just reading them and not saying anything, like the creepy stalker that I am... :p

Finally not so sick but I forgot what I waswanting to reply to, :D

Glad your feeling a bit better Asmodesu! :)

Dusk is turning to the color of the Hive! :eek: Someone save him! (...is it him? Or did I just make an awkward mistake :D )

Anyway, looking forward to more discussions of the nature of the Force! Maybe this time I'll actually comment instead of just reading them and not saying anything, like the creepy stalker that I am... :p

I have never specified mwha ha ha :D therefore it is not awkward in any case, mystery is fun :sul_wink:

I have never specified mwha ha ha :D therefore it is not awkward in any case, mystery is fun :sul_wink:

It is now confirmed: Dusk is, in fact, an alien from outer space with no particular gender. :rak_03:

I guess I better stick to "they" or just start using Finnish pronouns while writing in English, since we just use the same word for she and he. :D

It is now confirmed: Dusk is, in fact, an alien from outer space with no particular gender. :rak_03:

I guess I better stick to "they" or just start using Finnish pronouns while writing in English, since we just use the same word for she and he. :D

That....sounds awesome! :sul_smile: But honestly she/he/they it's all good :) I'm fond/affectionate of all of the above, Him's/her's/organic's rock :rak_03: