Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

I also understood it as Nathema being special. After all, Lana felt there was something disturbing about Nathema too, and she has probably spend considerable time on Dromund Kaas and Korriban, and possibly some time of Ziost post incident, too.

As for the lore not always making sense -- well, that's what happens when you have dozens and dozens of people adding to it. I love the Legends canon (to the point that I refuse to touch most the Disneycanon -- why let myself get attached to this replacement goldfish that isn't actually the thing I love? Thrawn is the only exception right now :p ), but even a simple thing such as Chiss naming tends to switch from one author to another. I'm having a hard time believing these folks have a comprehensive idea of what the Force is, either.

Most likely one author thinks the Force is not divided into light and dark, another thinks it is divided but light doesn't always mean good and dark doesn't always mean evil, and a third one feels Star Wars is about black-and-white morality of good light side users and evil dark side users. When they all write from the perspective of what they believe, having the end result be completely logical is a tall order. :/

I also understood it as Nathema being special. After all, Lana felt there was something disturbing about Nathema too, and she has probably spend considerable time on Dromund Kaas and Korriban, and possibly some time of Ziost post incident, too.

As for the lore not always making sense -- well, that's what happens when you have dozens and dozens of people adding to it. I love the Legends canon (to the point that I refuse to touch most the Disneycanon -- why let myself get attached to this replacement goldfish that isn't actually the thing I love? Thrawn is the only exception right now :p ), but even a simple thing such as Chiss naming tends to switch from one author to another. I'm having a hard time believing these folks have a comprehensive idea of what the Force is, either.

Most likely one author thinks the Force is not divided into light and dark, another thinks it is divided but light doesn't always mean good and dark doesn't always mean evil, and a third one feels Star Wars is about black-and-white morality of good light side users and evil dark side users. When they all write from the perspective of what they believe, having the end result be completely logical is a tall order. :/

but true to life. They are writing from different characters perspectives, their experiences of galaxy events, which creates this big patchwork of conflicting information that we/the character's have to eye ball for common themes/strands :D

In other news I've given up on my inquisitor and am now looking to do my main warrior (as opposed to my AltWarrior :rolleyes:) playthough...but I'm struggling for motivation :(, we've no idea when the next story instalment will be or what it will be about (except in the broadest sense) -sighs, falls over onto side-

Edit:...

Do you think we'll get a trailer with this next arc? -hopeful-

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

I don't think they have the money to do another trailer. I would rather they use whatever money it would cost on the trailer on the game itself.

Budget for advertising is usually a separate beast. :rak_02: It's always confused me when people say they'de prefer something be spent on one area or the other, as far as I understand budgets for different parts of a project are set from the start, removing from one area will not benefit another...It'll just go on what ever they do end up doing :confused:.

but true to life. They are writing from different characters perspectives, their experiences of galaxy events, which creates this big patchwork of conflicting information that we/the character's have to eye ball for common themes/strands :D

True! It can get confusing when talking about Force powers, though, since the laws of the universe should be the same no matter what character.

In other news I've given up on my inquisitor and am now looking to do my main warrior (as opposed to my AltWarrior :rolleyes:) playthough...but I'm struggling for motivation :(, we've no idea when the next story instalment will be or what it will be about (except in the broadest sense) -sighs, falls over onto side-

This is probably a terrible mistake to say after spending most of the day watching Let's Play videos from youtube because I've felt too tired to interact with my fellow human beings... But if you need a leveling buddy for occasional play, I've got alts. A lot of alts...

True! It can get confusing when talking about Force powers, though, since the laws of the universe should be the same no matter what character.

This is probably a terrible mistake to say after spending most of the day watching Let's Play videos from youtube because I've felt too tired to interact with my fellow human beings... But if you need a leveling buddy for occasional play, I've got alts. A lot of alts...

Yup, but the character's we are learning it through are by nature unreliable narrators ;) just because thats what they took away/observed from what happened, doesn't mean they're correct :D.

I can give you a list of reasons it's a terrible mistake :D One, my brother refuses to game with me because of my penchant of stopping and looking at everything, plus my distractability.

Two, I Listen to all convo's regardless of how many times I've seen them, I do all soloable missions. I'm also likely to redo convo's I didn't like the responses in. I'm recording main storyish ones.

Third, I did mention my distractability right? :D I can go from owning mobs to bringing shame to my PC :o

I also periodically forget what my keys do...:rolleyes:

There's a reason I only inflict myself on people I know :D But if that hasn't sent you running for the hills I'de be pleased to have a (sometimes) levelling buddy ..But I shan't hold you to it :D.

Yup, but the character's we are learning it through are by nature unreliable narrators ;) just because thats what they took away/observed from what happened, doesn't mean they're correct :D.

I can give you a list of reasons it's a terrible mistake :D One, my brother refuses to game with me because of my penchant of stopping and looking at everything, plus my distractability.

Two, Listen to all convo's regardless of how many times I've seen them, I do all soloable missions. I'm also likely to redo convo's I didn't like the responses in. I'm recording main storyish ones.

Third, I did mention my distractability right? :D I can go from owning mobs to bringing shame to my PC :o

I also periodically forget what my keys do...:rolleyes:

There's a reason I only inflict myself on people I know :D But if that hasn't sent you running for the hills I'de be pleased to have a (sometimes) levelling buddy ..But I shan't hold you to it :D.

I don't see anything I can't live with. :p Though in case you haven't done missions in a group in SWTOR before, I have to warn you that in every conversation that is not related to your class story/main story in SoR/FE/ET, there's a conversation roll and whichever character that rolls the highest gets to speak. So if you record planetary stories and are picky about the responses, having another person along with you can mess that up for you.

I don't see anything I can't live with. :p Though in case you haven't done missions in a group in SWTOR before, I have to warn you that in every conversation that is not related to your class story/main story in SoR/FE/ET, there's a conversation roll and whichever character that rolls the highest gets to speak. So if you record planetary stories and are picky about the responses, having another person along with you can mess that up for you.

Class story is the main, and so long as it's not my character saying it, it might be somewhat of a relief :D My SW gets...frustrated by the constant distractions/interruptions. What about in Eternal Empire expansions? out of curiosity.

Class story is the main, and so long as it's not my character saying it, it might be somewhat of a relief :D My SW gets...frustrated by the constant distractions/interruptions. What about in Eternal Empire expansions? out of curiosity.

You can't do much in group in FE/ET, almost all of it is in an instance where only one person can advance their story at the time. (Or, well, you can group, but it's mostly just social purposes while both are in their own instance.) Not sure about Iokath, we've been doing some of KotFE together with a friend so I know how it works, but haven't managed to reach Iokath yet with those characters. ^^'

You can't do much in group in FE/ET, almost all of it is in an instance where only one person can advance their story at the time. (Or, well, you can group, but it's mostly just social purposes while both are in their own instance.) Not sure about Iokath, we've been doing some of KotFE together with a friend so I know how it works, but haven't managed to reach Iokath yet with those characters. ^^'

Ohhh so like class story then? Silent partners.

Whelp I'd be happy to do some levelling when your up for it :) Need to create the character, but then can go whenever :D

~ Offtopic ~

Sorry to interrupt ....but !

I just saw a post about new Exp confirmed etc etc etc bla bla yadi yada ....Eshvara!!...WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!!??

you are so...hairy..and fluffy..and...ThereIsNoArcannInYourLifeImSOScaredOfThisNewEshvaraPilotThingy :eek::eek::eek:

Ok, you may resume your chitty chatty :D:D:rolleyes:

~ Offtopic ~

I just saw a post about new Exp confirmed etc etc etc bla bla yadi yada ....Eshvara!!...WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!!??

you are so...hairy..and fluffy..and...ThereIsNoArcannInYourLifeImSOScaredOfThisNewEshvaraPilotThingy :eek::eek::eek:

Eshvara unsubscribed for a while, I believe, so she won't be able to respond. :( Hopefully she'll be back once we get a story update. ^^

~ Offtopic ~

There is no such thing as an interruption in the Hive -Dusk is perfectly capable of talking over the loudest of interjections- Errrrr :D ahem....Yes I just noticed this new Eshvara icon, the question is is it our Eshvara. This will require reconnaissance methinks. Do we have any agents handy?

Edit:

Also -waves- happy to see you Milishor!

There is no such thing as an interruption in the Hive -Dusk is perfectly capable of talking over the loudest of interjections- Errrrr :D ahem....Yes I just noticed this new Eshvara icon, the question is is it our Eshvara. This will require reconnaissance methinks. Do we have any agents handy?

Edit:

Also -waves- happy to see you Milishor!

*Arcann voice* " Hello! " :D

Well...i understand needing a break...i just got back in the game after 3 months :D ...made a new juggy just for Arcann <3 :D ...hopefully Eshvara will come back aswell ! :rolleyes: ... and if not..!!

...we just have to send Arcann after her !! :cool:

*Arcann voice* " Hello! " :D

Well...i understand needing a break...i just got back in the game after 3 months :D ...made a new juggy just for Arcann <3 :D ...hopefully Eshvara will come back aswell ! :rolleyes: ... and if not..!!

...we just have to send Arcann after her !! :cool:

This sudden run of inhaling my drink *needs* to stop :D

Yup we'll get him to make this face

http://i2.wp.com/www.cgmeetup.net/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic-Knights-of-the-Fallen-Empire-Trailer-7.jpg?resize=960%2C431

I am now imagining Arcann making a duck face behind his mask... :D

Sorry, I'm caught in another romance right now. Arcann, you are sadly no match with the Count.... :p

Take good care of him, please. :p I'll start thinking about him a bit more (and slowly resume writing I guess) in two weeks. :rolleyes: You're in charge!! :D

You heard it Hive, I have my marching orders :D Not to worry Iheaca, you will see your trust was not misplaced -mischievous-.

You enjoy your 18th century getaway :) all will be as you left it once you get back :D

The Hive has been very well behaved (more's the pity :D).

*places a "do NOT touch* sign around Arcann's neck, giving a very nasty look to Dusk. :p *

Just out of curiosity -- who's this count and what romance you're caught in? :p

I'll try to explain...

You have probably seen roleplayers in-game at least once, or perhaps you roleplayed yourself in-game or in the classic way of doing (pen and paper game around a table). In case you've not, basically it is like not only having a character in a video game where you get to choose dialogues and actions through a selection of options but have a character that you can totally direct the way you want in a given universe/period of time.

So, I am currently at the end of the third week of a 4 weeks roleplaying game that is organised by a friend. We are six players, all having a character that has been given to us with a description of who we are, how we are involved with other people, what recently happened to us and a related objective. We are playing people from the nobilty in the Paris or the 18th century. If you have already watched a show like Outlander, is is happening slightly later than that time so it is quite close and season 2 would give you a good idea of it. The special thing of this game is that it is inspired from a classic french book called Les Liaisons Dangereuses (Dangerous Liaisons which was adapted as a wonderful movie in the 90's). The book is composed exclusively from letters from characters to other characters, and this is exactly what we do and how we make the story move: write 18th century letters to each others (by email :p). ;)

So I am Jeanne de Beaufort, Countess of Ludres. There are 5 other characters played by other players and many more that are played by the game master herself (the organiser). We, players, never see each other, never talk out of character, we do not even know so far who is playing who. One of the other characters is Enguerrand de Vrissac, Count of Vexin, renoun libertine, capable of probably seducing anyone he likes, wonderful writer and a very clever man (actually I am pretty sure a female player is playing him, I'll know for sure in a week :p). He was my character's former lover at the beginning of the game and I can proudly say that I got him back!! :p Well, he is still a libertine as many noble men of that time are (and some women, my character is too, even though I have not had the opportunity to play that part (all about seduction, guys, not more that that :p) that much except for getting him back :p) but well, let's say their relationship is different and not based on being exclusive to each other (my character is married anyway). :cool: So long story short, I had as an objective to get him back, turn him against his brother to get a revenge against that man who did a really really bad thing to someone I love. I'd say it is half way through, I might get my revenge tomorrow. ;)

To give you an idea, here are the first two letter between my character and her former lover. English might not be perfect as I quickly put it through the translater and corrected a few things, the original letters are in french.

My dear Enguerrand,

I have been holding my door closed to you for a month now, refusing to answer you ...

I know what you think of me. You have been too limpid about the cruelty you thought you were going through. But I am the first one suffering from this pain, believe me.

You are not without knowing what provoked my anger, I did not hide it from you. And that anger still boils in me, live like a devastating fire. The manner in which your brother attacked without scruple my dear Marianne, my protegee, a child who I cherish above all, could only attract my wrath. You who know me so well know how strong my emotions can be. I never hid it from you…

But the fire of this anger is nothing compared to that - more cunning and much more devastating - that has consumed me from within for several weeks now. Even though I was the architect of our separation, I must confess to you today how much it weighs on me. Even when we decided to stop our affair a year ago, we were never far from each other ... until my decision to expel you for a crime you did not commit.

I would certainly have hoped more support from you. I would have liked you to better understand the pain that my protegee I are going through. But I cannot allow this distance to gnaw any longer. My door is now open to you again and I swear that your letters will never be left unanswered.

May this first missive, after a very long silence, find you and offer you such a proof of my eternal fidelity of heart. I beg your pardon for having so cruelly pushed you away. I miss you, my dearest friend ...

Your eternal friend

My letters have improved now, this one is really not the one I am the most proud of. :p But you see the idea...

And his:

Ah, my faithful friend! I think that you cannot imagine the state in which your letter, so ardently desired, transports me. I am, at this moment, the happiest of men! The sorrow into which your rejection plunged me afflicted me so much that I lost sleep. I almost wore black as a sign of your mourning. How foolish I am to have doubted your magnanimity and kindness.

My only wish right now is to remain worthy of the grace you grant me. And I will willingly kneel to testify to the sincerity and fidelity I offer you in return for yours.

As for your dear Marianne, I thought this innocent creature warned against the danger posed by a seducer in the making, and I was naive enough to think that Francois-Georges was harmless enough not to have to keep an eye on him. Will you deign forgiving my thoughtlessness?

I know that your anger is sustained by the feeling of your guilt in this case. But you must not blame yourself, my wonderful friend! Contrary to what Monsieur Rousseau claims, for whom, as you know, I have a real admiration, not all men are born equal. Some are better able to cope with the difficulties placed in their path and will give themselves the necessary means not to allow themselves to be dictated by those who claim to be their masters. You and I are of those. And it is on our failures and mistakes that our triumphs are built.

I long to benefit from your so delicious and your brilliant company again. Although I have no doubt that someone other than me should have your preference, may I dare to ask you to give me the honour and the favour of accompanying me to the Grand Ball of the Summer? What would be better than the magnificence and lyricism of such a deliciously frivolous event to celebrate our eternal friendship? And who else but you could embody with such perfection the Helen who will accompany my Pâris?

I add to this letter my tenderest affection and my indefectible admiration.

V.

Edited by Iheaca

-- snip --

Oh, that sounds very interesting! :eek: I've actually done forum and email RP for years (started it when I was something like 11 or 12, haha :D), so I'm familiar with roleplaying. In addition, I've done some pen and paper stuff for a couple of years now since I found some friends to play with. Only occasionally though and we don't take it very seriously. ^^'

I'm sure you've had a lot of fun! I don't think it would be something I'd personally like to try, as I prefer to come up with my own characters and motivations for them, but I can see the appeal! I guess not knowing who the other players are brings a bit of excitement to the game? I've been pretty much RPing with a group of friends for 4 years now, and I pretty much already know them and their characters well enough to know how the games end up going... Don't get me wrong, they're talented writers and I love RPing with them, but I do sometimes wish we had more new players. :p