Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

One of us is taking the chat seriously, the other isn't. Sorry about that, but it is good to read your thoughts :D

I doubt the writers could appease people if they made characters leaving or staying based on one of two factions alone thanks to us being split into the two again. So it's good to hear it's based on actions, I just need to be careful if say taking someone prisoner to be tortured for gods know how long is considered a war crime or if killing them is - for example, in the base game it's - prisoner to be "interrogated" = light, killing mercifully = dark (for the SW stuff anyway).

I have no idea about Acina, all my characters got Vowrawn, and he's a fine cunning backstabber. Should be fun, especially with my sith warrior <3

I am glad the characters ready to progress the story on release day are not my main story characters, but rather my story testers. My main one is back at start of KotET because I got frustrated with where things were going and now need to test the waters so to speak.

I just hope Arcann has at least some lines in upcoming story especially since he meshes so well with my Agent. what is said will happen and what actually makes it to the game is often different :(

Edited by Asmodesu

One of us is taking the chat seriously, the other isn't. Sorry about that, but it is good to read your thoughts :D

I doubt the writers could appease people if they made characters leaving or staying based on one of two factions alone thanks to us being split into the two again. So it's good to hear it's based on actions, I just need to be careful if say taking someone prisoner to be tortured for gods know how long is considered a war crime or if killing them is - for example, in the base game it's - prisoner to be "interrogated" = light, killing mercifully = dark (for the SW stuff anyway).

I have no idea about Acina, all my characters got Vowrawn, and he's a fine cunning backstabber. Should be fun, especially with my sith warrior <3

I am glad the characters ready to progress the story on release day are not my main story characters, but rather my story testers. My main one is back at start of KotET because I got frustrated with where things were going and now need to test the waters so to speak.

I just hope Arcann has at least some lines in upcoming story especially since he meshes so well with my Agent. what is said will happen and what actually makes it to the game is often different :(

Oh, am I too eager to use my brain on pretty useless assumptions today? :D Probably, but I have excuses. :p

Ah yeah, not everyone has Acina, it is true. So pretty much nothing can be based on who is ruling the factions.

I may want to play it on the safe side as well and wait for my SW to be ready to go through the new content but I doubt that I will be able to wait that long as she is currently far from reaching the end of the chapters. I'll have to play it risky I guess. :D

And I hope that Arcann along with any other LI and hopefully other companions wil have a few lines. If the same romance structure than the other ones is respected, next romanced Arcann step will be a more obvious declaration of love and then proposal. If they could just not hurry too much and give us a few mails inbetween at the very least, it would be better. :p

Edited by Iheaca

Oh, am I too eager to use my brain on pretty useless assumptions today? :D Probably, but I have excuses. :p

Ah yeah, not everyone has Acina, it is true. So pretty much nothing can be based on who is ruling the factions.

I may want to play it on the safe side as well and wait for my SW to be ready to go through the new content but I doubt that I will be able to wait that long as she is currently far from reaching the end of the chapters. I'll have to play it risky I guess. :D

And I hope that Arcann along with and other LI and hopefully other companions wil have a few lines. If the same romance structure than the other ones is respected, next romanced Arcann step will be a more obvious declaration of love and then proposal. If they could just not hurry too much and give us a few mails inbetween at the very least, it would be better. :p

Nothing wrong with that! it's kinda why I asked the question, hoping someone had something to say that would kick my brain into gear. it worked xD thankyou!

I personally think the worst thing they did was let the player decide (via death result) who leads the factions, and such there's 4 potential leaders, and thanks to the Agent flashpoint result we don't even know if the SiS director also needed to be changed again.

Ever since KotFE I've had a handful of story testers which are my main characters (sw and agent) cloned with the same story decisions which I keep up to date to see what happens for choices. after a few years of doing that it's just normal for me now. My main story characters are my fanfic characters, so I have my SW, Agent, JC guy and Smuggler all with game-clones to see where things end up and how I can work them into it (for my head) before I take the 'real' ones through.

I completely agree with your last paragraph there. 100% , I also don't want Arcann (and the new LI's upcoming teased) to be a raced through/rushed "relationship". I hope an LS Jaesa remembers my SW was a close friend if she ever returns. Vette forgot that she and the sw saw each other as sisters in the end of the class story.

Edited by Asmodesu

Not really Arcann related, but I drew a chibi Chiss! Just wanted to share it. ^_^ It's PaulSutherland's character!:o

I should probably make a fan art thread!

Awww, she's cute! Now Paul's character has her credibility as big bad sith totally ruined. :D:D

Ever since KotFE I've had a handful of story testers which are my main characters (sw and agent) cloned with the same story decisions which I keep up to date to see what happens for choices. after a few years of doing that it's just normal for me now. My main story characters are my fanfic characters, so I have my SW, Agent, JC guy and Smuggler all with game-clones to see where things end up and how I can work them into it (for my head) before I take the 'real' ones through.

Makes sense to do so. :) But with my 3 years break after some very casual months of initial play (and in 2012 leveling took ages...), I am still struggling to have one character of each class up to lvl 70. I'm not even done yet then I'll have to take a few of them through the chapters and the traitor's arc (IA, JC, JK, SW and trooper I guess). So clones might be postponed indefinitely... :rolleyes:

Makes sense to do so. :) But with my 3 years break after some very casual months of initial play (and in 2012 leveling took ages...), I am still struggling to have one character of each class up to lvl 70. I'm not even done yet then I'll have to take a few of them through the chapters and the traitor's arc (IA, JC, JK, SW and trooper I guess). So clones might be postponed indefinitely... :rolleyes:

I completely understand! my clones (4 or 5 are at Iokath or the flashpoint trio) were made when KotFE released and I've only focused on them since, so it's now the opposite situation for me, my main story characters are the ones that have been postponed indefinitely xD

except Agent. I brought my main agent all the way to Arcann just for the romance. I do not regret it xD

A CHISS! :eek: <3333 adorable!

I feel bad I have nothing Arcann-related to add here. Haven't even managed to actually finish the romance yet. Getting through KotFE is just slow... :o

Awww, she's cute! Now Paul's character has her credibility as big bad sith totally ruined. :D:D

Thanks! <3 I have some more Fan art in my Art thread, linked it in my signature. Also Seireeni's art!! :rak_03:

Okay okay, I'm done advertising!

On topic, (because)

I love Arcann!! whooohoooo!!!! :D:rak_04::rak_03:

I have not played the new content yet. Ossus was too crowded for my tastes. But as nothing moved here I guess that we do not see Arcann at all. ;)

So I worked on new adventures instead. Beware, long one (slightly longer that the previous one).

From Ashes We Will Rise - The Slithering Snake - part 1

Well haven't seen him so far, well like nearly every member of the Alliance for that matter.

I liked the chapter.

I smiled sometimes, laughed too, and i enjoyed the fight scene, that was a nice teamwork ^^

Edited by Goreshaga

Well haven't seen him so far, well like nearly every member of the Alliance for that matter.

I liked the chapter.

I smiled sometimes, laughed too, and i enjoyed the fight scene, that was a nice teamwork ^^

I'm happy to hear that the teamwork is visible. :)

I'd be curious to know what made you smile or laugh. PM?

I'm happy to hear that the teamwork is visible. :)

I'd be curious to know what made you smile or laugh. PM?

Mostly the interactions between Andronikos and Arcann, and the former always interupting whenever Arcann had a chance to get a somewhat special moment with Nyx, but the last scene was truly funny.

Mostly the interactions between Andronikos and Arcann, and the former always interupting whenever Arcann had a chance to get a somewhat special moment with Nyx, but the last scene was truly funny.

A whoopsie kind of moment indeed. :D

I have not played the new content yet. Ossus was too crowded for my tastes. But as nothing moved here I guess that we do not see Arcann at all. ;)

So I worked on new adventures instead. Beware, long one (slightly longer that the previous one).

From Ashes We Will Rise - The Slithering Snake - part 1

Thank you for still updating and continuing the story! Even if I don't post I do read the forum frequently and always read your chapters and always look forward to read more. It is really well written.

Thank you for still updating and continuing the story! Even if I don't post I do read the forum frequently and always read your chapters and always look forward to read more. It is really well written.

Thank you! I am glad that you like it. :o

There is no way I stop this story before I can extort them a first kiss. :D

I am such a lousy romance writer! 17 chapters and 70'000+ words and they are still appart. :eek:

I am such a lousy romance writer! 17 chapters and 70'000+ words and they are still appart. :eek:

Blame Andronikos then, that was close this time :p

Blame Andronikos then, that was close this time :p

Count on pirates to make a damn mess... even inadvertently. :D

He'll be back and try again!

When it feels the right moment...

And there is nobody around...

And she seems receptive...

Oh wait, dark times are coming.

:p

Hey, any of you want to support Something? I am trying to suggest that BW run a "Letters from the companions contest" where any participant can write letters from NPCs to the PC and the best ones are used IG.

Count on pirates to make a damn mess... even inadvertently. :D

He'll be back and try again!

When it feels the right moment...

And there is nobody around...

And she seems receptive...

Oh wait, dark times are coming.

:p

Hey, any of you want to support Something? I am trying to suggest that BW run a "Letters from the companions contest" where any participant can write letters from NPCs to the PC and the best ones are used IG.

This will be Arcann's biggest challenge :D

Oh, nice idea there ;)

Just wanted to say that I also enjoyed the new chapter very much! I really like the way you write Andronikos, even if I'm very annoyed with him for getting in Arcann's way :p

And I'd say you're an excellent slow-burn romance writer ;)

I hate to be a naysayer here, but won't it take just as long for BW to pick the winners as it would for them to just write the letters themselves?

Also, I must admit, I actually really don't want fan-made content in the game. I love Arcann's letters, but I'd rather wait another year for one than get one sooner that even feels mildly out of character. Don't get me wrong; I think many fanfiction authors are extremely talented, but I feel like no matter how good the writing is, it'll always be someone else's interpretation of Arcann rather than the real, canon Arcann as BW envisions him. And he's the only one I want letters from in game. I guess I just really want to keep original content and fanfiction as two separate spheres. However, I'd love to see the contest itself happen and the results posted in the fanfic section, I'm sure some great stuff would come out of it!

Edited by witchglove

I hate to be a naysayer here, but won't it take just as long for BW to pick the winners as it would for them to just write the letters themselves?

Also, I must admit, I actually really don't want fan-made content in the game. I love Arcann's letters, but I'd rather wait another year for one than get one sooner that even feels mildly out of character. Don't get me wrong; I think many fanfiction authors are extremely talented, but I feel like no matter how good the writing is, it'll always be someone else's interpretation of Arcann rather than the real, canon Arcann as BW envisions him. And he's the only one I want letters from in game. I guess I just really want to keep original content and fanfiction as two separate spheres. However, I'd love to see the contest itself happen and the results posted in the fanfic section, I'm sure some great stuff would come out of it!

They can't put content made by players in the game. I think Charles said something about that, when Paul had his Vaylin Nathema idea going on, on Twitter!