Hot Topic, Hot Pocket, Hot Mail, Hot Tub, Hot Prospects NOT HOT

Lunafox

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems the general consensus is that Hot Prospects isn't Hot and because of this Prospects are low. Is it carved in stone? Can it be changed?

If so, what would you change it to?

I nominate the new name to be "Wretched Hive" it works, I think lol. :cool:

I'm good with ANYTHING other than Hot Prospect...literally anything...although Wretched Hive is pretty damn good tbh.

And why was "Hot" added? Why not just "Prospect"? Prospect is fine...Hot Prospect is terrible...

Edited by TUXs

Well not everyone is going to agree on a name, and no matter what it is in the end, someone will hate it. They could go really boring:

East Coast - USA

West Coast - USA

French - Europe

German - Europe

English - Europe

That makes things nice and tidy, doesn't it? Boring and bland, yes, but easy for people to know exactly what server to join or transfer to. :p

I tend to agree here. Do we really need anything beyond this? I mean Hot Prospects, it appears, has become Hot Pockets for life. It's a silly name even if it has a remote lore connection. And, I'll bet all those liking it are trolls on east coast servers. Please go with the better identifiers above.

Well not everyone is going to agree on a name, and no matter what it is in the end, someone will hate it. They could go really boring:

East Coast - USA

West Coast - USA

French - Europe

German - Europe

English - Europe

That makes things nice and tidy, doesn't it? Boring and bland, yes, but easy for people to know exactly what server to join or transfer to. :p

Yeah.. no.. Servers names honestly are part of my player identity within the game. I specifically picked Harbinger back in the day to play on.. It was overly crowded and I switched to a different server for a while, but ended up back on Harb because of previous mergers.. Which in all honest suited me fine. They just HAVE to have a better idea than Hot Prospect for a server name.. I mean seriously.

I'm good with ANYTHING other than Hot Prospect...literally anything...although Wretched Hive is pretty damn good tbh.

And why was "Hot" added? Why not just "Prospect"? Prospect is fine...Hot Prospect is terrible...

It definitely stands out among the other names. I think I might have gone with a ship-based theme myself...Fury, Phantom, Mantis, Corvette and Thunderclap.

Personally I think Darth Marr should've been honoured over Malgus. :rolleyes:

the first thing that popped into my mind ( and I'm female too ... )

"Hot Date" --- "Cheap Date" ---- reminded me of something along those lines --- could be one reason I hate it so much ....

How about the name of that super sith ship in the novel "Annihilation" ( ya, i know I probably misspelled the title -- forgive me) it IS named after a ship after all ....

That would be better ....

East Coast - USA

West Coast - USA

French - Europe

German - Europe

English - Europe

I mean you could do that, or you could take a more refined approach to something along the lines of having it relate to Star Wars The Old Republic era lore in some manner.. which it is.

Although I've got to say I'm really glad I'm not on Harbinger / Begeren Colony or Bastion, because when you compare Hot Prospect to Star Forge? No real contest is there?.

It could be worse, I mean, Darth Malgus? Damn. I can't help thinking that Kephess would be much cooler as a server name :D

It could be worse, I mean, Darth Malgus? Damn. I can't help thinking that Kephess would be much cooler as a server name :D

I cannot believe we don't have Kephess and Kai Zykken. Those are no brainers. Though I would definitely pay to transfer off Kai Zykken >.>

the first thing that popped into my mind ( and I'm female too ... )

"Hot Date" --- "Cheap Date" ---- reminded me of something along those lines --- could be one reason I hate it so much .....

It's actually even worse than this ^.

The saleslady whom Slyssk met with tricked him, saying that the Hot Prospect was a "gem" of a ship, when it was actually a gem miner. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hot_Prospect

I said this on another thread: I'm inclined to believe that this means that "the Hot Prospect" is actually a metaphor for what EM/BW is doing to people who play SWTOR. Figure it out. Feeling completely disrespected.

Edited by Malaphora
being more specific

I also think, but it may not matter, that when you use abbreviations, having one letter wouldn't really work. I'm on V or M for vitiate and Malgus.

DM = Darth Malgus, TL, = The Leviathan, THP= The Hot Prospect, SF= Star Forge.

Maybe they didn't find single names to work? Just a thought.🤓

Edited by Eshvara