SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

Totally hear you on this, and it is a fair concern. We are looking at two numbers to potentially increase. First, maximum chars allowed per server (currently 52) and the amount of "default" char slots a sub has (currently 12). Hoping to have some locked down details to share in the next couple of weeks, with the ultimate goal of largely alleviating the issue you presented above.

-eric

Currently i have 20 slots opened, 19 are in use on Jedi covenant, 2 on ebon hawk, 9 on shadowlands and 1 on harbinger, how will the merge effect my current character slot situation?

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do feel bad for the people on the former roleplay servers who actively roleplayed. I imagine they will be quickly trolled into silence, but I'm not a roleplayer, so I guess their sacrifice will not bother me too much.

Even folks who don't RP can read the tea leaves on this one. My plea from an earlier post on this thread definitely stands: please add a RP instance (like the PVP/PVE ones) to all servers!

Edited by JediBoadicea

Currently i have 20 slots opened, 19 are in use on Jedi covenant, 2 on ebon hawk, 9 on shadowlands and 1 on harbinger, how will the merge effect my current character slot situation?

you'll keep all your toons, even if it is over the limit. if you go over the Character limit, you will have to delete toons to get under the limit if you desire to make new toons.

Instead of rewarding each "300" I wish you had rewarded us for each cumulative 300 for our alts, for example:

Alt 1: 123

Alt 2: 33

Alt 3: 200

So that person would get one "300" bonus if they also had:

Alt 4: 300

Alt 5: 290

They would get 3 "300" bonus.

They still don't get the how important alts are.

Instead of rewarding each "300" I wish you had rewarded us for each cumulative 300 for our alts, for example:

Alt 1: 123

Alt 2: 33

Alt 3: 200

So that person would get one "300" bonus if they also had:

Alt 4: 300

Alt 5: 290

They would get 3 "300" bonus.

They still don't get the how important alts are.

yes they do, especially Keith. this system sounds great to me. (and I have over 30 active toons, all over 150) makes sense the bonus comes from 300 rank toons. with the boosted CXP and now this, even easier to get max command rank

It doesn't answer my question. Eric wrote there was a *new* perk. So this ^ is about the *new* perk.

What about the perk that already exists in game, the old one? It gives 25%. Do I have to buy another 25% perk to get those 100%? I know the game needs more credits sinks, but this is robbery :p

The way I understand this, is the one he is talking about is the legacy perk. You have to unlock the first 25% one on your legacy and then when you get another one at 300, you will then receive 50% increase on the other characters and so on until you reach 100% and that sounds like you will need 4 characters to reach 300 for the 100% CXP bonus. The new part of the perk is the increase to the legacy perk up to 100% instead of it just being 25% no matter how many characters you have at 300.

I am completely dismayed that there is no mention of any real story in this entire update.

AND NO A FLASHPOINT IS NOT STORY!!!

Not interested in a the endless gear-grind of CXP, highest character isn't even at 100 and I don't care.

Not interested in grouping up with this toxic player-base.

I want story and I want my companions back in game, stick your console....

Oh and lastly, if I lose any character/guild names from this ridiculous server merge thing I will really throw my toys!

I rather like Star Forge (at least it reminds me of Kotor)

I too am going to the Star Forge. Love the name. However, lets be honest the Hot Prospect is a horrible name. Anybody going to the Hot Prospect should get their Kick Me signs out, the name reminds me of a store where 13 year old girls go to buy their cloths, or the name from a bad late night movie on Cinemax. I am sure somebody will give me a lore explanation for where the name comes from, but it is a horrible name. Change it bioware it is a really bad name.

Happy for the server merges, they were needed. And it's cool we'll get Darth Hexid as part of the event.

Bit disappointed that there's not much information on story stuff. I'm looking forward to the next story FP but end of November feels so far away and those are always fairly short as far as actual story content goes.

New PvP map is a nice surprise, although it'll be less exciting if it's just an arena map. So here's hoping it's a new warzone where you can take control of one of the giant robots and squish players.

Galactic command improvements and legacy-bound UC all sound good to me. The special augments from Copero sound interesting but I'm gonna be upset if I have to do the FP like a million times just to get BiS augments with no other way to get them.

So yeah overall good stuff although I wish there was more story coming sooner.

All of this in the roadmap looks like a great step forward. Well done to the team on coming up with things that need to be done but I certainly hope that we will see some more details on each release as the time gets closer.

One question I would love to know is; Is the Cantina going to be live streamed? Those who will possibly never get a chance to attend a cantina simply due to being in a very different continent to any that is visited by the SWTOR dev team, it is nice to have this facility to attend virtually.

I noticed in the roadmap however information on quality of life;

As a reminder, Quality of Life (QoL) is a term we use to reference improvements we make to enhance your gameplay experience

This is all good, but I am also hoping it means fixing existing bugs in the system. Is this still on anyone's radar. There are a large number of bugs and issues, are the "Quality of Life" improvements to hopefully fix some of the long outstanding issues.

Substantial improvements to the Iokath Daily Area

This is released October 10, 2017, is this the reduction of costs of the dailies, or is this other things as well, providing better means to get around such a large area, etc...

The Dark vs Light pop-up will now display less frequently and once a side has won, they will remain in a victory state much longer. This allows more time to work to defeat the world bosses and to reap the benefits!
Have you looked into providing some mechanism to aid those searching for the bosses who spawn because of the event, like hints as to the planet or NPCs who have seen them. Anything.

All in all this is a good start there are some disappointments as you can see from some people, as in the delay in the delivery of the bosses for the operation until next year. The delay in delivery Master Mode bosses when it was stated the Master mode would be delivery for the previous boss upon the release of the subsequent one. Though I do know doubt from what was mentioned regarding it would be better to deliver Master Mode when all bosses are released, very little communication was done in relation to this.

And that leads me to the communication, and those there has been a great deal of improvement, I would say in the last couple of months the communication has been starting to trend back to normal, where you hear nothing and I understand you are getting things together for the roadmap, ensuring releases in the future do not occur like they did in 5.4, and though provide some semblance of an explanation seeing that trend we have seen in the past, where we have been told communication would be improving, see it increase and then it declines to the point where we get the occasional hint from Eric. Please maintain the communication, or increase it, show some more live streams like the past, more events like that Charles and Eric did with the "Bad Feeling Podcast Buvette". Getting greater visibility of team I am sure will go a long way in reassuring everyone the direction the game is heading and also provide some confidence that as players and subscribers we are taken seriously in regards to feedback (not saying we are the best judges, but if there is overwhelming opposition for a particular feature, perhaps look at better ways to implement it or do not go ahead with it)

Like the devs all players and subscribers want what is best for the game and want this game to continue well into the future. As said, this is a great direction but it seems like some "first steps into a much larger world" we have faith you can achieve what you set you, but if there is something you can't, we are all just a forum post away.

So, road map discussion thread --

Happy with a lot of things listed in the roadmap but also a touch disappointed.

I can see the need for server merges and that overall this is good for the game, just not looking forward to being forced into a higher population.

Legacy wide credits get a big thumbs up.

More returning companions also thumbs up.

Lack of story outside of tiny tidbits that come with a flashpoint -- not so much. :mad::mad: We've barely had any story in a year now and not looking like we are going to get any significant amount of story any time soon. I'm like 95% here for story 5% for other stuff so yeah -- lack of story in the long run will probably end up making me loose interest. As fun as repeating is there's only 50 character slots going to run out eventually! (No, I refuse to delete characters, I love them all! )

1. Popup Banners

2. RP Servers

3. Currency++

1. In terms of the DvL popup banner appearing "less frequently" - most do not want it to appear at all. The loud, intrusive banner which even appears in group activities such as PVP matches, has been torturing us for almost a year. Furthermore, for those with smaller screens, the audio banner takes up a lot of screen real estate.

Since DvL status is indicated on the Galactic Command interface, the popup appearance is unnecessary. The alignment toggle could flash whenever a faction side is winning with with time left shown via mouseover.

Also get rid of the Stronghold banner while you are at it.

2. There needs to be North American RP server. Merge all North American RP, RP-PVP servers into Ebon Hawk. The near Harbinger size population on Ebon Hawk will not mix with Shadowlands and perhaps Jedi Covenant.

3. There is way too many currencies. Unassembled Tokens along with Darkside and Lightside tokens should be merged into Command Tokens.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Did you get uprisings, which were new content not for solo players? Why yes, you did. Several of them. Were there master modes/veteran modes on the flashpoints including Star Fortresses, which was new? Were there several seasons of PvP where you could earn rewards? Were there social point rewards? Were there DvL world bosses? I believe you were given all of those things during that time frame.

Are any of those Ops? No. Those uprisings only came with 5.x and the failure of two years of nothing. Star Fortesses really? Any person could solo at the highest level that with a comp with ease

Pure solo content with an optional group me. We got zero FPs from Battle of Rishi to Umbara that was December 2014 to July/August 2017. PvP seasons way terrible rewards zero balance as story got updates and two horribly bugged maps with an arena that could insta kill you if you jumped funny. DvL World Bosses also only came with 5.0 after the failure of Story only.

I had nothing to look forward from 3.x to till Keith took over. Now the Swtor feels much better to me. If you don't like that feel free to go, but please don't tell me the past 2 years untill 5.x and Keith taking the helm was enjoyable content or any content for me. Maybe for you but the future is now. :)

Edited by FerkWork

So i have my concerns

And of course :

1. The things you planned in RoadMap, I hope they will work as intended without glitches or major bugs

2. Details it is all about the details... all sounds good but detail information are better

3. Communication.... i don't want to call someone liar or worse but what about reintroducing bio chem reuseables? No comment? communication? Explanation? Silence is Bioware Bioware is the Silence? Embrace stealth changes or perish?

4. I hope for the best but i expect the usual outcome :(:(:(:(

All the Best and Best of luck Bioware Team:cool:

United Forces update.

Are the 5 servers HPDL380s or equivilent?

I don't expect C7,000 chassis, but It would be nice to know if the 5 servers will be an upgrade, and if so, by how much. will they support new features you are planning for, or is this a limitation of the engine?

Should everyone whose stopped playing for a period of time choose to login, will the server handle it well?