SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

So, this whole Unite Forces thing. Before they change servers completely, they gonna link old servers by region.

I am sure it will work fine for USA, since everybody speaks English there. But in Europe it means Red Eclipse wil be connected to German and French servers, and I can end up in GF with people from there.

I don't speak German or French. And there is a chance people from those servers don't speak English either. How are we supposed to communicate?

The EU servers will be merged into three different servers, all current French ones into one new French, all German ones into one German and the current English EU servers into one new English EU server.

So there is not really a change to the current setup when it comes to language barriers.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The EU servers will be merged into three different servers, all current French ones into one new French, all German ones into one German and the current English EU servers into one new English EU server.

So there is not really a change to the current setup when it comes to language barriers.

I wonder if he thinks there is going to be cross server play after the merge? I didn't read any of that but I may have missed it. If that's the case I can see his point and maybe they should allow a toggle for it.

Edited by Eshvara

Hi.

As a SWTOR "founder" - account created and subscription paid from12/28/2011, I very much welcomed the stronghold decoration for the 5th anniversary. Do you plan to give us ("founders") something special for the 6th anniversary?

For example, a unique speeder, unique set of weapons (rifles, swords, blasters, electroweapons). Not just repaint, but something really unique.

Thanks for reply.

Fisst - The Progenitor

How can you waste your time and effort with a post like this, but you cannot even read the posting and the blog link?

There will be two US servers. All the West Coast is merging to one and all the East Coast is merging to another.

Two servers not one. Two servers one for each side of the country,

My original Post, to show context.

Oceanic player here. So server merger fine..... but why not a West cost and East coast why North US.

Standard ping for Aussie players currently

• 190-240ms on a West coast server.

• 270-320ms on an East coast server.

• and using a ping tester to a North US area 240-310ms

In a game that already feels laggier than most, adding another 80 ping average to oceanic players will end up causing most Aussie/NZ players to stop playing. So can we have an idea on the Server ping we will have for this.

My god, seriously Rabin i did read, they said North america servers, not a west server and an east or they wouldnt have stated it, if they are meaning to keep west and east servers west and east side, I suggest to them to accually state it, as as it stands I know alot of upset aussies of this...

So here since you didnt.

• 1 - http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002-0 :

November 8, 2017 – United Forces Update is rolled out and everyone moves to five new servers with new names as follows: Two servers in North America and three servers in Europe – one each of English, French, and German. You can expect extended downtime as we make the final improvements to the Server environments. Check the blog and FAQs to discover our new Server names.

• 2 - http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002

Existing Servers: Harbinger, Bergeren Colony, Bastion, New United Forces Server

The Hot Prospect: (North America)

Jedi Covenant, Shadowlands, Ebon Hawk, Prophecy of the Five, Jung Ma

Star Forge: (North America)

Progenitor, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Red Eclipse

Darth Malgus (Europe – English)

Mantle of the Force, Battle Meditation, Darth Nihilus

The Leviathan (Europe – French)

T3-M4, Vanjervalis Chain, Jar’Kai Sword

Tulak Hord (Europe – German)

Hey there, I just have a few questions regarding the content of the roadmap, to any devs who happen to pass by. :)

Class balance :

You're finally tackling utility changes at the end of November even though we were waiting for it since last year, but better late than never so congrats :).

Still, can we please have an official discussion topic with your class balance team concerning utility changes ? Like a real discussion, with actual suggestion from both sides, who could lead to an appropriate balance for both developpers and players. I think it could only be fair to expect this due to the really long wait on something this important (who broke many part of the game since last year), and would allow a more "balanced" approach (and would minimize any risk of error or fail, who can always happen).

Any update also about class changes concerning tanks ? Juggernaut and Powertech are far behind what is needed in terms of tanking right now, they should definitely need a look. Tanking is probably the most important part of a raid group, I think they deserve to see their issues resolved. ;)

Server Merge :

Could we please have a choice for where move our character ?

What will happen with our legacy bank ?

I find your solution for guilds totally cool and well thought, also congrats for this. Still, can we have more info about an eventuel guild bank transfer ? Flagship transfer ? This is really important for most guilds and I didn't see anything regarding this in the roadmap. :rak_02:

Character names :

Instead of asking players to be prepared for an eventual name change (which could be a huge deal for Roleplayers), why not bind character names to their account name ? This way it could allow the presence of multiple "Bob" or "Emily" on a specific server, because they don't have the same account name (and would prevent a lot of issues regarding "who's more right to keep this name". :)

Hope you'll answer my questions :)

Edited by supertimtaf

Server Merge :

Could we please have a choice for where move our character ?

What will happen with our legacy bank ?

I find your solution for guilds totally cool and well thought, also congrats for this. Still, can we have more info about an eventuel guild bank transfer ? Flagship transfer ? This is really important for most guilds and I didn't see anything regarding this in the roadmap. :rak_02:

Why do you want a choice where to move to? You're on the Red Eclipse which is an English server, do you want to go to a German or a French server? Same goes for East Coast and West Coast, why would they want to play on the other side so they can have terrible latency issues?:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Why do you want a choice where to move to? You're on the Red Eclipse which is an English server, do you want to go to a German or a French server? Same goes for East Coast and West Coast, why would they want to play on the other side so they can have terrible latency issues?:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

I'm actually a french player who moved his main to TRE recently, because of the lack of population on my original server. Still, being able to move every 28 of my character from a french server to their new English server with the merge could actually be usefull. I think I'm not the only one with this issue here. :)

I wonder if he thinks there is going to be cross server play after the merge? I didn't read any of that but I may have missed it. If that's the case I can see his point and maybe they should allow a toggle for it.

There was no mentioning of anything cross server related.

Though even if something is coming there, back when cross server queues in WoW were introduced, they just didn't mix the languages. Naturally doesn't work for FPs and Ops but for PVP, it doesn't matter if the enemy team doesn't understand you, no problem having full groups of one language play against full groups of another.

I'm actually a french player who moved his main to TRE recently, because of the lack of population on my original server. Still, being able to move every 28 of my character from a french server to their new English server with the merge could actually be usefull. I think I'm not the only one with this issue here. :)

Ahhh I see, did not consider that.

Hey, could you clarify if this is indeed a new perk or if the 25% stacking will be applied to the already existing legacy perk for increased cxp after having a character on command rank 300?

Basically, there is a new perk that you can purchase. That perk increases the CXP you earn in your Legacy by 25-100%. What the % is, is determined by how many CR 300 characters you have. My understanding is that you need 4 characters at 300 for the 100%, but I will verify.

-eric

Edited by PhantomWarlock

Ahhh I see, did not consider that.

Few peoples think of this actually. But yeah, my whole previous guild transferred one character at least to TRE when our previous server became dead empty. For most of us, we have more than 15character each on this dead french server, for now we like playing on TRE,we've made huge progress when compared to our time onto Battle Meditation, because the server has more peoples, offer more challenge and still has an appeal to it. Allowing everyone to choose where to move its character could be nice, because it could prevent us having to pay 90coins x number of character to move from The Leviathan to Malgus. :eek:

Out of curiosity, what's to stop trolls with characters with a ton of play time from changing their character's name via server transfer just before the merge to one they just know will irk another player? Not too worried about this for myself, but every server has its better-known personalities who might be at risk if recent name changes carry as much weight as having had the name from the start.

Out of curiosity, what's to stop trolls with characters with a ton of play time from changing their character's name via server transfer just before the merge to one they just know will irk another player? Not too worried about this for myself, but every server has its better-known personalities who might be at risk if recent name changes carry as much weight as having had the name from the start.

Yes, I'm interested in this too. I was disappointed to see a thread suggesting this as if it was helpful advice rather than a predatory tactic that could hurt some players unfairly.

Well so much for Keith et al being on hand to answer questions and address concerns once the Roadmap went live.

Since the Roadmap was published only EricMusco has posted, and then only 6 or 7 times.

Bioware - if you can't keep to a VERY simple commitment to be "on hand to answer questions" why should we trust you with the much more complex commitment of delivering what you have just promised?

Keith has now committed multiple times to being more communicative, and each and every time some feeble excuse has been trotted out as to why he never even tried to keep to that commitment.

I wonder what the excuse will be this time.

More importantly I wonder if anyone will still be foolish enough to believe it.

All The Best

• Dev Post
Hey, could you clarify if this is indeed a new perk or if the 25% stacking will be applied to the already existing legacy perk for increased cxp after having a character on command rank 300?
It stacks on the existing perk. So, in the situation where you have four or more characters in your legacy at Command Rank 300, you will receive a 100% bonus to the base CXP value. If you decide to rank up additional characters you gain CXP a bit faster.

Today, we do not have plans to increase the percentage above 100%.

--Keith-

It stacks on the existing perk. So, in the situation where you have four or more characters in your legacy at Command Rank 300, you will receive a 100% bonus to the base CXP value. If you decide to rank up additional characters you gain CXP a bit faster.

--Keith-

Since we're not getting revised CXP gains until 5.6, can you please keep the bugged CXP for a bit more then? Only fair if we want to get four toons with rank 300.

--Keith-

The timing of your post was auspicious to say the least. :D

Since my question seemed to get buried. Do crates pre-Nov. 28th that we don't disintegrate give CXP or will they also convert to the new UC system after that update goes live?

Edited by Jdast

Could you please tell me will I get full CXP bonus if I moved some of my rank 300s? I.e. I had 5 rank 300s on Shadowlands, then I moved 2 of them to Red Eclipse. So now I have 3 on SL and 2 on TRE. Is it tracked somewhere that I actually leveled 5 300s so far as legacy is usually merged when I move or I now have to level 3 more (1 for SL and 2 f0r TRE) to get the 100% boost on both servers?

Keith, can you please say anything about the concerns of the Roleplay community and the fact they are thus afraid of being harassed on the new United Forces servers that many are cancelling their subscriptions and leaving/preparing to leave the game? Is there no possibility of considering RP instances like we have PvP instances right now?

will the chance cube that drop be BOP or can we sell them from the csp crates thank u

we have a amazing lack of old decos in game keith please make a bundle packs of old decos me and my friend would buy em no problem .

Edited by Murder_Toys

• Dev Post
The timing of your post was auspicious to say the least. :D

Since my question seemed to get buried. Do crates pre-Nov. 28th that we don't disintegrate give CXP or will they also convert to the new UC system after that update goes live?

It'll be for new the crates.

---Keith

Edit: Whoa! I stand corrected. This will apply to all Command Crates (including existing ones).

Edited by KeithKanneg