Public service announcement - you dont have to grind cxp

olagatonjedi

So you really are just trolling them?

I mean, you started off with "you don't have to grind CXP" when CLEARLY you do if you play this game at all.

If you're not playing there is no point to the thread.

Reading is FUNdamental. I suggest you go back and review what is stated, and what is being inferred by you to try to make it seem like Im saying something im not.

Edited by olagatonjedi

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading is FUNdamental. I suggest you go back and review what is stated, and what is being inferred by you to try to make it seem like Im saying something im not.

No inference. You clearly said, "Public service announcement - you dont have to grind cxp"

That is a lie plain and simple. No matter how you spin it later or how much you add on. You even said it yourself.

So, this garbage statement:

SNIP... you also dont need to grind cxp to gear your toons (alts included).

Yes you do and yes you will just like you admitted to. You will grind it slow or fast but you will grind it one way or another if you play SWTOR at all. You cannot escape it.

Sure you can get gear crafting if you have multiple million ofjust one left item orarmor/mod/enh. Most can't do that in any timely fashion.

Sure, you can get gear in OPS but thats also a bit of RNG

Sure, you can get gear in PVP if you have even more time to invest in the game than any of source. So thats not interesting gaming.

and yet all of that stil driving the CXP grind.

So, what does everyone grind? CXP. In some way you will grind CXP and there is no way around it and you will be subject to some amazingly terrible, designed against the gamer RNG for that time and grind.

So stop kidding yourself with you don't have to grind CXP because you will. In some way, everyone will and to some extent. You can pretend you pushed it to the back and are not doing it but you are. Even if you do nothing but run OPS and PVP, you'll always be watching that CXP meter and grinding it.

I suggest you stop making pointless threads. In the end it's a computer game and you don't have to do anything in it, so it's a moot point to begin with.

You fundamentally miss the core element of communication which has to do with understanding each other and realizing that people generally don't speak or write very specifically. When people say they have to grind, you clearly do not understand what makes them say that and taking that literally doesn't solve anything, in fact it just aggravates the matter.

No inference. You clearly said, "Public service announcement - you dont have to grind cxp"

That is a lie plain and simple.

It's actually a simple truth. You don't have to grind CXP. That's just the way it is. You will still earn CXP doing whatever you like, but that's not grinding.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

It's actually a simple truth. You don't have to grind CXP. That's just the way it is. You will still earn CXP doing whatever you like, but that's not grinding.

Yes it is. By running GSF are you gaining CXP? That was rhetorical, by the way. You are grinding CXP. It seems there's a couple people here that want to redefine the meaning of grind to suit their argument.

PSA: Anyone that doesn't claim GC is terrible is apparently a troll.

Reference: this thread.

Wrong. Anyone that states the obvious in order to rile people up are trolling. Of course you'll get to 300 whether you go slow or go fast. Of course there's multiple ways of getting CXP.

Wrong. Anyone that states the obvious in order to rile people up are trolling. Of course you'll get to 300 whether you go slow or go fast. Of course there's multiple ways of getting CXP.

The sad part is that he has to post it to counter the constant flow of disinformation from certain people on this forum. By some accounts here, gear ONLY comes from crates with a .000000001% drop rate in every 143rd crate. It's ridiculous the monumental amount of salt coming from a select group of people over this system. We've been playing this game for YEARS, some of these people's names I've seen on here for years, yet they act like they're a brand new player struggling mightily to get just a piece of BiS gear.

Well that depends on when the next expansion drops and how they handle gear. If the expansion is this winter and they reset gear like previous expansions, then going slowly will not get you to 300 before the gear reset.

Just like with leveling to 70, you cant go backwards and can't lose levels or command ranks. You will get to 300 command rank at whatever pace you desire. You get cxp naturally by doing whatever in-game activity your heart desires, and since there are other, more efficient ways to gear up, you also dont need to grind cxp to gear your toons (alts included).

Well now.....

..... if you don't play your main then your alts don't gain command ranks, so they lose out on gaining command ranks.

..... I will not get to command rank 300 at the pace I desire if BioWare have any say in it.

..... Wait.....

..... Since when did I get CXP for decorating my stronghold or playing around with outfits for my characters?....

..... or crafting..... ?

..... Also what if I'm a player that doesn't like to continuously like to run MM Hammer Station or HM operations and then AFK PvP for 1000 matches?....

..... Does my set bonus for my Merc now work for my Sniper? Or my Sorc healer? Or my Operative? Or my Jugg tank?

So now that I've just debunked your entire post. What was the point of this thread exactly?

The sad part is that he has to post it to counter the constant flow of disinformation from certain people on this forum. By some accounts here, gear ONLY comes from crates with a .000000001% drop rate in every 143rd crate. It's ridiculous the monumental amount of salt coming from a select group of people over this system. We've been playing this game for YEARS, some of these people's names I've seen on here for years, yet they act like they're a brand new player struggling mightily to get just a piece of BiS gear.

I agree the melodrama can be strong. In both directions though. It's either the worst thing to happen ever or the most awesome rosy sunshiny change to a system that didn't really need it. (And I will never be on board with the opinion that 4.0 gearing was too easy or fast. The same people that think that tend to be most against the new system, too.)

You fundamentally miss the core element of communication which has to do with understanding each other and realizing that people generally don't speak or write very specifically. When people say they have to grind, you clearly do not understand what makes them say that and taking that literally doesn't solve anything, in fact it just aggravates the matter.

If someone is going to take the time to have a serious conversation about a controversial issue, and try to inform others about their view on things (or facts about things), it would behoove them to write/speak with extreme clarity so that specific details are sorted out and understood accurately, otherwise what is the point? That said, I'm not perfect, and make the same mistakes, so if there is a misunderstanding, I take the time to go back and clarify what I said and/or read.

You are grinding. Pretty simple as that. If you like it thats fine. Say that and be done.

https://www.techopedia.com/definition/27527/grinding

Grinding definition - Grinding refers to the playing time spent doing repetitive tasks within a game to unlock a particular game item or to build the experience needed to progress smoothly through the game.

So....

1) You aren't required to have the best gear in the game, so you don't need to grind anything.

2) You aren't required to build your CXP to obtain the best gear in the game, so you don't need to grind CXP.

3) Building CXP can be done in a number of different platforms within the game that don't necessarily involve the same repetitive task.

4) CXP is not needed to progress smoothly through the game, as illustrated by the fact that CXP wasn't around prior to 5.0, and players were able to progress.

If "the obvious" was obvious, we wouldn't be having these threads. People are obviously uninformed, or lack full knowledge of the current loot system.

Well that depends on when the next expansion drops and how they handle gear. If the expansion is this winter and they reset gear like previous expansions, then going slowly will not get you to 300 before the gear reset.

Very true, but I'm not aware of anyone that can state, for certain, that CXP will be reset. Until we know then, this argument isn't worth having.

Well now.....

..... if you don't play your main then your alts don't gain command ranks, so they lose out on gaining command ranks.

..... I will not get to command rank 300 at the pace I desire if BioWare have any say in it.

..... Wait.....

..... Since when did I get CXP for decorating my stronghold or playing around with outfits for my characters?....

..... or crafting..... ?

..... Also what if I'm a player that doesn't like to continuously like to run MM Hammer Station or HM operations and then AFK PvP for 1000 matches?....

..... Does my set bonus for my Merc now work for my Sniper? Or my Sorc healer? Or my Operative? Or my Jugg tank?

So now that I've just debunked your entire post. What was the point of this thread exactly?

My mistake, you "CAN" get to 300 CXP at whatever pace you like....Unless BW changes the system, but again, that has always been the case with all loot systems and expansions. And yes, most activities, excluding strongholds/crafting and I'm sure a few other things. Set bonus is not required to acquire rank 300. I didn't guarantee acquiring set bonuses, but all legacy gear is transferable.

My mistake, you "CAN" get to 300 CXP at whatever pace you like....Unless BW changes the system, but again, that has always been the case with all loot systems and expansions. And yes, most activities, excluding strongholds/crafting and I'm sure a few other things. Set bonus is not required to acquire rank 300. I didn't guarantee acquiring set bonuses, but all legacy gear is transferable.

So what has any of that got to do with what you posted? I think you're grasping or not articulating your response well enough for me to understand.

Grinding definition - Grinding refers to the playing time spent doing repetitive tasks within a game to unlock a particular game item or to build the experience needed to progress smoothly through the game.

So....

1) You aren't required to have the best gear in the game, so you don't need to grind anything.

You make a logical mistake. Many players try to get not the best gear, but gear with bonuses and/or schematics at least. And yes, they are forced "playing time spent doing repetitive tasks within a game to unlock a particular game item" and crafting materials. So here you are just contradicting yourself.

Edited by xRohanx

You make a logical mistake. Many players try to get not the best gear, but gear with bonuses and/or schematics at least. And yes, they are forced "playing time spent doing repetitive tasks within a game to unlock a particular game item" and crafting materials. So here you are just contradicting yourself.

Want and need are two very different things. My statement stands, logically.

Want and need are two very different things. My statement stands, logically.

In an entertainment product like a video game, there's not really much difference in want and need. You have certain things you want to achieve and that creates the need.

In the end, the discussion about the difference between need and want is irrelevant here. Because the difference between them effectively makes no difference.

In an entertainment product like a video game, there's not really much difference in want and need. You have certain things you want to achieve and that creates the need.

In the end, the discussion about the difference between need and want is irrelevant here. Because the difference between them effectively makes no difference.

Your opinion about want and need is noted. No offense, but Im going to continue using the widely acknowledged definitions of each for my point.

Your opinion about want and need is noted. No offense, but Im going to continue using the widely acknowledged definitions of each for my point.

Haha, do as you please, but it won't do you any good. Those definitions do not apply here because there is no actual need in a video game when you take about the normal definitions. It's all about want. The only need that exists in a video game is the need that is created artificially as a threshold for the things you want.

Haha, do as you please, but it won't do you any good. Those definitions do not apply here because there is no actual need in a video game when you take about the normal definitions. It's all about want. The only need that exists in a video game is the need that is created artificially as a threshold for the things you want.

And since there is no "need" to grind cxp unless you voluluntarily place one of the thresholds on yourself, my point stands, as tall as ever.

Dude, wake up! It's a game. What kind of real needs you are talking about? :D

Edited by xRohanx

Dude, wake up! It's a game. What kind of real needs you are talking about? :D

Apparently im not understanding what you are stating, referencing and asking, so please clarify and hopefully Ill understand it. I cant really recall saying you outright needed to do anything in this game.