Double CXP and Bugged Dailies = Game is good

abigfishy

Not sure if anyone else has this opinion. Maybe everyone else in the world liked the glacial way you normally advance. But this week is the best ever for me. I quit for months after GC came out as it just wasn't fun and was incredible alt-unfriendly. I must have 30+ characters including my DvL toons and grinding them through that system was unthinkable.

But this weekend I resubbed, dragged a ton of alts through a few ops, several flash points and loads and loads of dailies which I haven't done like this for years. YEARS!

Any you know what? Like this the GC system is good. You have a L70 toon with CG level 2 and all 208 gear. Run him through CZ and the black hole for two days and he is basically geared. It isn't BiS, it isn't all set pieces but maybe 2-4 set pieces, everything 228 and mostly 230. Your toon is now playable for most content. Like this GC is actually great! The game is fun and rewarding. I enjoyed myself a lot and wanted to play every possible minute this weekend.

So Wednesday we will be going back to having to grind for hours for each level and the daily areas will become a ghost town again?

Why?:eek:

Yeah, incredible how exciting it got. Until my server got offline that is.

Like I was, you are probably unaware that you now can directly BUY TIER 1 with command tokens. I ended up buying a whole set for a char, and then giving back the pieces on timer as I obtained them through crates.

On the other hand you can't redeem crate gear for higher tier gear. on fleet...

Edited by BenduKundalini

Yes I agree. This bug got me back into the game. I believe each daily should give 500cxp and have all other content Cxp boosted up from this standard. It was way too slow before. I also don't understand why they "nerfed" the previous fastest levelling methods.

I could appreciate an approach that was a little more balanced between the kinds of content, not having just dailies stick out compared to the other activities, but yes, this week has such a tremendously superior experience compared to the non-bugged state, it's almost typical that it had to be a bug.

Stop. Slowing. Us. Down.

Who wrote this? Me? lol

Same thing here, resubed this week after a year break (5.0 sucks). Crates are so fun now, my gear it awesome. and most importantly, queues are perfect, very fast. I wish the game was that cool the whole year. (not that fast, but think about it).

Please, MAKE THE GAME GREAT AGAIN.

I'd like to see it remain.. well not doubled, but the high rates. If it can take 4 days of doing all the old dailies to get 1-300, then without double CXP it should take 8 days. That's not a bad grind for someone doing all that content every day, for someone doing less, it's even longer. It's a great catchup mechanic and gives people a reason to do that content beside the reputation (that isn't used for anything but cosmetics now.)

I don't know if and actually don't think the game is overall better due to this but at lesst it compensates the ridiculous drop rate for legendary gear in Tier 4 crates a bit. A ridiculous drop rate that is caused by introducing a new tier without introducing new ranks, because in tier 1-3 the chance for legendary gear constantly increases towards the end of the tier range but this merchanic is dead once you reach tier 4 with its minimum and max rank 300.

All this is even more true on my server where not one single pvp or gsf has popped since freaking 16 months now due to a dead/empty server Bioware does nothing about in their unmatched ignorance and incompetence.

Edited by Khaleg

I agree! Had fun, leveled a character and got many levels of GC for that new character. Even played some ALT's that have not seen anything but SH for months.

Sorry - Bioware will likely nerf the living ***** outta this. Kind of hope they don't since it brought players back to the game in large numbers (Lots usually flood during Double CXP), but leave on Tuesday.

Let's hope it's a bug they can't fix or won't fix. After Double CXP drops they should be "reasonable" CXP as-is.

I enjoy the cxp bonus, I've played non stop for the past week and finally hit 300 command rank last night... while I enjoy doing dailies for insane cxp, I think it needs to be balanced as it takes away from the rest of the game.. flashpoints, uprisings, and ops being harder to find people. So either buff the rest of the game or level out dailies to be on par with the rest of the game.. I don't want to be stuck doing dailies by myself 24/7 because it gives the best cxp.. just imo. Keep the 100% cxp bonus though permanently or boost the command xp for alts to 75%-100% if you have a character at 300 rank..

I'm not a solo player but I admit I'm having a real nostalgic throwback doing all these old dailies on my toons again. The zones actually feel populated again and its a lot of fun killing other players while doing them.

idk I always thought the daily zones were more fun then heroics.

Ditto. I actually felt giddy with the progress I made. It was fun!

It was, I admit, quite exhilarating to run round Yavin getting (with character perk boost, DvL boost, event boost, and a +100% booster active) 3928 CXP for each and every bonus mission AND for each and every daily AND the "do 5" mission from the Galactic Command panel. And over 2500 for the weekly when that was available.

But nearly 4K CXP for slaughtering 15 jungle beasts just because I was running somewhere near them! EPIC!

I know. I wish they'd keep it. The game was actually fun for a change.

Yeah, i only Re-subbed because of the CXP boost. Now i wish i could cancel when the boost goes off tonight or tomorrow. With my injured should i wasn't able to get any alts above Tier 1-53. I don't have any Mains either that i want more than the other to get to 300 first. :/

It was, I admit, quite exhilarating to run round Yavin getting (with character perk boost, DvL boost, event boost, and a +100% booster active) 3928 CXP for each and every bonus mission AND for each and every daily AND the "do 5" mission from the Galactic Command panel. And over 2500 for the weekly when that was available.

But nearly 4K CXP for slaughtering 15 jungle beasts just because I was running somewhere near them! EPIC!

I managed to get from 14 to 90-something and that was not concentrating on any particular planet/area, just bouncing around as I do. It was grand. I shall miss it.

Great news. The event is over and we are no longer getting double CXP but I just did a round of dailies and instead of 2250CXP per mission they gave 1125 CXp each which is still far better than 75 each. I hope they stay this way for a while. I am really enjoying actually getting my alts up. As someone else said I hadn't had them outside the stronghold for months but now it is worth it.

Great news. The event is over and we are no longer getting double CXP but I just did a round of dailies and instead of 2250CXP per mission they gave 1125 CXp each which is still far better than 75 each. I hope they stay this way for a while. I am really enjoying actually getting my alts up. As someone else said I hadn't had them outside the stronghold for months but now it is worth it.

Well that's good. I just logged to take a nap but I'll have to give that a go afterward. I'm an addict now. See what you did, BW?