Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll find what ruined the chances of another slot machine from coming back again was once they nerfed it and the precious self entitled players utterly flooded the forums with rage after they couldn't handle the fact it wasn't a money tree anymore.

As for cartel certificates you can still earn them from the old slot machine and I just gained around 40 from the recent gate keeper pack but hey don't let the truth get in the way of your cool story right? ;)

Edit: Oh just saw you were one of those entitled people whinging about the codes being given, guess I struck a nerve. Truth hurts eh? ;)

Really, name 1 time a heavy community criticism of some system or feature being too unrewarding that did not result in improvements/fixes. Heroics? Massive redesign in 4.0. Galactic Command? Massive changes. Event vendors? All recieved multiple updates. Starfighter? More and more rewards for each match. Various models of Cartel Packs? Multiple buffs and increasing of number of items or combinations after negative feedback.

It was you and whailing friends raging day and night about profits from Certificates and Jawa Junk. Never gets old to bring it up whenever you start one of your tirades on calling anyone for any reason 'entitled', greedy or ruining the fun for the rest.

*Getting Certificates from Slot Machine now is completly unfeasible and you getting Certs from Gatekeeper pack means nothing in overall scale of the economy, the small influx thanks to Gatekeeper pack returning for a week will dry up in a month returning the Certificates to practically nonexisting currency state. Dead currency thanks wo whining whales, great job guys! :sul_grin:

Edited by Pietrastor

You never lost any cartel coins, why do you need cartel coins? Nonsense post.

It isnt. We have lost a whole day of playtime, the normal thing would be for them to extend the sub time for at least 1 day. That is actually giving back what we lost.

Besides that, there is the actual compensation. This things happen, and companies compensate their players for it, and they usually do it with game currency. For instance, i play Hearthstone and got either card packs or dust as a form of compensation several times. Even when there was not even any issue, but an unexpected change in development, they awarded players some sort of compensation with dust, ingame currency.

Same applies here. It would be perfectly normal they give us 500-1000 coins imo, as a compensation for our payed but unplayed game time, as well as any other possible inconveniencies it may have caused, as planning your day to play the game and being screwed, for instance.

Compensation with CC is appropriate and needs to happen ,actually. Extended event and subscriber times too, of course. I mean what the hell, this is regular stuff in other games, and here we're talking about it as if it was something so rare we shouldnt even be talking about it. There's no argument or discussion about it, compensation needs to happen, period.

Same applies here. It would be perfectly normal they give us 500-1000 coins imo, as a compensation for our payed but unplayed game time, as well as any other possible inconveniencies it may have caused, as planning your day to play the game and being screwed, for instance.

Compensation with CC is appropriate and needs to happen ,actually. Extended event and subscriber times too, of course. I mean what the hell, this is regular stuff in other games, and here we're talking about it as if it was something so rare we shouldnt even be talking about it. There's no argument or discussion about it, compensation needs to happen, period.

Extended event and delay on the patch on the Daily missions is more than adequate, we don't really need CC's. :)

Players lost time today, especially in the EU, is anything being done?

Losing playtime is always painful, especially when there is a “double” event running and Dailies awarding crazy high CXP. I’m kicking around a variety of options with the team, as we want to apologize and reward your patience. Some of you have asked to have our Double XP/CXP event extended and others have asked us to keep the current CXP amounts for the Daily Areas. Others have asked for different compensation, and we’re looking at all options as the last couple weeks have been tough on all of us. We’ll lock down what exactly we’re doing and let you know in the coming days.

Again, thank you all for your patience today.

--Keith-

I would like 100,000 Cartel Coins, A check for 10,000 dollars and a list of all the cheat codes for the game!

Thank you in advance.

These things happen. Lets cut them a break and thank them for their efforts, especially the development crew. Many of the design decisions lately have been bad, but they didn't try to crash the game today - its a tough day for the staff.

Anyhow, I think making the heroics pay normal what they pay this week is a very good idea, and extending the double CXP/XP for a couple weeks would be nice and no-one will even remember the downtime.

Here is to a better tomorrow.

A few hundred CCs would be cool, and would help help foster the seemingly strained relationship between the devs and subbers. New players can get experience easily (through the natural process of enjoying playing the games content), but CC's would help them catch up with the (mostly) aesthetic items available on the Cartel Market. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on whether or not there should be compensation and, if so, what type. This is just my opinion. To echo my previous post, a multifaceted solution would be the most utilitarian approach. And yes, in a few days everyone will have forgotten about the inconvenience for the most part, but if BW makes efforts to show they empathize with and support the fanbase, THAT will not be forgotten. It's something that's rare in companies of their size these days. I don't understand all the people so adamantly opposed to BW doing their players a solid; the only deduction I can make is that they don't need the CCs, and have bought them in the past meaning that giving them to out would make them feel slighted. I say that because the posts of those opposed to the pet/CCs seem to be coming from a defensive perspective. But anyway, to each their own, as the above poster stated, we're each entitled to our own opinion.. Edited by AnnieLightJedi

Really, name 1 time a heavy community criticism of some system or feature being too unrewarding that did not result in improvements/fixes. Heroics? Massive redesign in 4.0. Galactic Command? Massive changes. Event vendors? All recieved multiple updates. Starfighter? More and more rewards for each match. Various models of Cartel Packs? Multiple buffs and increasing of number of items or combinations after negative feedback.

Sorry what is that? You are whinging and trying to justify fixing the CSM to get your money tree back yet again? Thanks for proving my point though. :)

It was you and whailing friends raging day and night about profits from Certificates and Jawa Junk. Never gets old to bring it up whenever you start one of your tirades on calling anyone for any reason 'entitled', greedy or ruining the fun for the rest.

They were never going to keep the money tree in the state it was in but sure if it makes you feel better to blame and rage at others for something that was clearly overpowered in it's drop rates then feel free to do so.

Funny also how you have to bring up something totally unrelated to your behavior in this very thread to try and justify your poor behavior and demonstration of entitlement in this thread. Guess what that does? Nothing, it does not reduce your poor behavior or demonstration of entitlement or need to ruin what could have been a perfectly good give away system for others. Nice try trying at distraction from the issue though, not buying it however. ;)

*Getting Certificates from Slot Machine now is completly unfeasible

You put credits in and you get certificates out - with is "completely unfeasible" about that? The amount of credits required vs the cost of items on the GTN actually make it much cheaper in the long run or is it just the time investment required? Because grinding things in this game all of a sudden becomes an issue?

Like I said, don't let the truth get in the way of your cool story. :)

and you getting Certs from Gatekeeper pack means nothing in overall scale of the economy

What does the economy have to do with me getting certificates? You stated they were effectively removed from the in game currency altogether. I give you 2 examples how you are wrong. More stories.

, the small influx thanks to Gatekeeper pack returning for a week will dry up in a month returning the Certificates to practically nonexisting currency state. Dead currency thanks wo whining whales, great job guys! :sul_grin:

You can't trade certificates so how are you going to know how many are or aren't left in circulation. If you didn't take the opportunity to get the currency when it had extra volumes pumped in (cia the pack) that's on you. You can instead get them from their other source (which is a free source and not a paid source such as packs are) which is the CSM which you can find in many publically listed strongholds.

Just because this is inconvenient for you or you are too lazy to do so does not make the currency unfeasible non-existant at all, you are just making up stories but keep at it ... it should be clear to most why BWA ignored you all and didn't buff it back up somewhat because you went off on half cocked tangents making up nonsense about "bait and switch" and whatever edgey terminology that you and your ilk threw at BWA at the time.

The fact you are implying the CSM was fine as it was sort of goes to prove how out of touch with common sense you are in this case.

It isnt. We have lost a whole day of playtime, the normal thing would be for them to extend the sub time for at least 1 day. That is actually giving back what we lost.

Then ask for that.

Besides that, there is the actual compensation. This things happen, and companies compensate their players for it, and they usually do it with game currency. For instance, i play Hearthstone and got either card packs or dust as a form of compensation several times. Even when there was not even any issue, but an unexpected change in development, they awarded players some sort of compensation with dust, ingame currency.

This isn't hearthstone.

They are under no reasonable requirement to give every player in the game free CC because they may or may not have missed play time. 1 full day sub seems fair for not a full day missed play time though if arguing actual lost value.

If they did so then great, they are under no obligation to do so however and nor should it demanded as something that must happen.

Compensation with CC is appropriate and needs to happen ,actually.

Like this. No it isn't and no it doesn't. Your sense of self entitlement tells you that it does but really it is just something extra you want.

Extended event and subscriber times too, of course. I mean what the hell, this is regular stuff in other games, and here we're talking about it as if it was something so rare we shouldnt even be talking about it. There's no argument or discussion about it, compensation needs to happen, period.

There is an argument and discussion - we are having one right now. It's along the terms of what you want to happen being what you think needs to happen. They are not the same thing.

I honestly don't care what other games do, there is no reason for them to give away their paid currency for this, that's just stupid because you think "other games do it" - go play those then.

I do agree events should be extended and 1 day sub time ONLY for subs should be considered solely because that is all that has been missed out on here.

As the saying goes ... **** happens, deal with it.

I don't think that the daily area CXP concept should be the outcome of today's downtime. While many of us have level 70 characters not everyone would benefit. The extension of double XP/CXP actually benefits all players regardless of their level/rank/sub status.

Ultimately this is your choice. As a sub I'm not worried, but I want everyone who lost time today to see how much the Devs care. I need a strong player base so this game can continue to exist!

Be excellent to each other!

Vidnyl

And yes, in a few days everyone will have forgotten about the inconvenience for the most part, but if BW makes efforts to show they empathize with and support the fanbase, THAT will not be forgotten.

I've seen posts weaponizing things BW did 5 years ago, so probably not forgotten. I agree that an effort to empathize with player unhappiness is good. But, nothing will please every player. Reactions will likely vary from sneering at whatever is offered ("not good enough", "a slap in the face"), to snarling at those who like the offering (players don't deserve compensation for the problem, "entitlement!!!"). Me? Transparency and acknowledgment of frustration with the situation are important. Free stuff as compensation is nice. BW sends me free Cartel Coins, I'd accept them.

Hey everyone,

--Keith-

Keith

I would like to start by saying I've been very disappointed in what your company has done lately. When I met you in Orlando we had a great discussion in person however since then you and your company haven't lived up to what you talked about in person and promised.

I would love to say I've seen improvements but honestly I haven't. I've worked for many companies programming and if I did half of what your company has done I would of been fired long long ago. I understand the complexities of programming however the real lack of actual testing is beyond baffling for this game. If you have multiple platforms of delivery then that needs to be included in testing, as does operating systems supported for this game as well. Another issue I have is it seems like your company doesn't regression test at all on copies of the live servers. This is a major disappointment as time after time it seems "the testing" is scripted and really doesn't get tested on copies of live servers.

I honestly really am not feeling supportive of your company anymore and I've told guild-mates and friends to not renew subscriptions and actually cancel them. I was a huge defender for you guys especially after we met even though I had doubts which I explained to you at that time.

Good luck and imo you should update your resume as I really don't see this game around much longer which to me is a breathe of fresh news.

Ibok

Then ask for that.

I did. There's a difference between giving what what was lost, and compensating. If you steal a car, it's not enough to give back the car, you will probably pay some sort of fine, or punishment. This is the same, they give back the day we lost, and besides that, there is the actual compensation for our trouble, in the form of currency.

This isn't hearthstone.

They are under no reasonable requirement to give every player in the game free CC because they may or may not have missed play time. 1 full day sub seems fair for not a full day missed play time though if arguing actual lost value.

You bet this isnt Hearthstone. That game has millions of players around the world, while this one is struggling to stay alive. The decay this game has seen and continues to suffer is quite illustrative of the repercussions the decisions they make have had on the community. It is precisely because of the differences with a game such as Hearthstone that this game should care about their customers and treat them well. Something they are not used to do.

If they did so then great, they are under no obligation to do so however and nor should it demanded as something that must happen.

If they do it, great, and yes they are under no obligation.

However, me, as well as others, have the right to demands it. You cannot say what or what not can be demanded, sir. Considering the standard of the industry, and the way other companies treat their customers, it is perfectly fitting for a disastrous situation such as the one we had today, to demand compensation.

Go figure if you'd ask compensation for your water or power supply company if they left you without that, for a day. This company provides a service we pay for, and they failed to do so today. Compensation is in order.

Like this. No it isn't and no it doesn't. Your sense of self entitlement tells you that it does but really it is just something extra you want.

You are entitled to have an opinion, just as i do. You think it is only my own sense of self entitlement that makes me ask for compensation.

I think it is only fair to ask for that, and to get it, of course. We have different views on the matter, mine may be self entitlement, or may be not, but you certainly dont bear any authority to judge it as such.

There is an argument and discussion - we are having one right now. It's along the terms of what you want to happen being what you think needs to happen. They are not the same thing.

I honestly don't care what other games do, there is no reason for them to give away their paid currency for this, that's just stupid because you think "other games do it" - go play those then.

I do agree events should be extended and 1 day sub time ONLY for subs should be considered solely because that is all that has been missed out on here.

As the saying goes ... **** happens, deal with it.

We agree on the subs time and the event, fine.

However, not caring what other games do is probably among the reasons that have brought this game to its current sorry state. Lack of communication,questionable (at best) developing decisions, and treating players the way you suggest they do, are among the main reasons this game is currently what it is.

It is definitely not among the giants of the industry (quite the opposite, actually), and i'll avoid mentioning other games. This is not a model other games should follow, THOSE other games are actually the model this one should follow.

Through these years, some of you people have grown so used to being mistreated and plain and simply ignored, that you (not you specifically) even got used to take part in the sadistic "redeemable codes" game, proably the most disgusting and pathethic practice i've seen in all my years of gaming.

Fine, if you got used to stuff like that, and to keep your mouth shut, then good for you. Some of us will speak our mind though, and if being treated like sheep, we will take our money elsewhere. Some years back this wouldnt be so important, but currently swtor needs all and every sub it can get. Food for thought.

Edited by DeVanagloris

If you steal a car, it's not enough to give back the car, you will probably pay some sort of fine, or punishment. This is the same, they give back the day we lost, and besides that, there is the actual compensation for our trouble, in the form of currency.

You are equating an unforeseen error causing the game to be down a few hours with someone stealing a car as a means of comparison of compensation? Lol what the ****, really?

A more apt comparison is someone rear ends your car, they/their insurance pays to get it fixed. There is no compensation for this unforeseen behavior beyond getting back what you lost (the value of the damage).

Though you probably come from the US where the sense of entitlement is high and additionally paying for lost time, stress, etc. etc. as a result of an accident is probably a thing but then if that is the case that is an example of everything that is wrong with the world, we don't need to carry over that concept of self entitlement to this game.

You bet this isnt Hearthstone. That game has millions of players around the world, while this one is struggling to stay alive. The decay this game has seen and continues to suffer is quite illustrative of the repercussions the decisions they make have had on the community. It is precisely because of the differences with a game such as Hearthstone that this game should care about their customers and treat them well. Something they are not used to do.

Pretty sure none of those decisions were "did not give cartel coins when the game was down". The issues with this game and well known and well discussed on these forums.

I would like to think many of you players who rarely show up on the forums unless something goes wrong or you need help actively participated in feedback on game issues on the forums we would have more feedback for BWA to use to actually make positive change but nope ... just show up when things go wrong with your cap out asking for cartel coins and then complain about the stagnation of the game even though none of you did a damn thing to help turn it around.

Many of us have participated on this forum community for years both in favour and against BWA choices and actively given our feedback as a result in the hope of trying to change the game for the better. Maybe try joining in instead of just showing up when the **** hits the fan and maybe things can improve when they get more and more people giving good solid feedback.

Otherwise all they see is the metrics of all you people doing the content in the game that you supposedly hate but never bothering to stop in and saying how it could be better and why.

However, me, as well as others, have the right to demands it. You cannot say what or what not can be demanded, sir. Considering the standard of the industry, and the way other companies treat their customers, it is perfectly fitting for a disastrous situation such as the one we had today, to demand compensation.

You have the right to demand it and I have the right to say what can and cannot be demanded. Why you may ask? Because both are opinions so nice try of saying what is your right but apparently isn't my right, yet more examples of a person with a high sense of self entitlement.

As for the gaming industry how often are AAA games released these days with major bugs yet the compensation you speak of is next to nothing if not nothing at all? Quite regularly ... some game companies go above and beyond with their compensation and some go well below. I think in terms of what should and could be demanded though is purely what you have lost and that is paid game time and extending the events.

Anything else is just greed and you just trying to cash on their misfortune.

Go figure if you'd ask compensation for your water or power supply company if they left you without that, for a day. This company provides a service we pay for, and they failed to do so today. Compensation is in order.

I've been through earthquakes that had our power and water shut off for 2 weeks and then for days at a time there after solely because they didn't have sufficient infrastructure in place to deal with such a disaster (they could have though and they could have minimized the down time greatly with decent infrastructure). Did we get or ask for compensation? No, we just wanted our power and water back and knew we wouldn't pay for the power (how can you pay for something you don't have) and we don't live a backwards country that would charge for water in the first place.

You are entitled to have an opinion, just as i do. You think it is only my own sense of self entitlement that makes me ask for compensation.

Yes opinions, now you are getting it. Not you right to demand and mine not say you have no right (you don't) and yes it is your sense of self entitlement to ask for compensation. Compensation isn't going to give you that play time back, it's not going to suddenly make the gameplay more enjoyable ... it's just greed plain and simple.

I think it is only fair to ask for that, and to get it, of course. We have different views on the matter, mine may be self entitlement, or may be not, but you certainly dont bear any authority to judge it as such.

It's an opinion remember? I've always had the authority to give that.

However, not caring what other games do is probably among the reasons that have brought this game to its current sorry state. Lack of communication,questionable (at best) developing decisions, and treating players the way you suggest they do, are among the main reasons this game is currently what it is.

You come here and now criticize the lack of communication and the state of the game? Reading yourposts your feedback is non existent. If you aren't helping to get a better solution in place you are part of the problem, you are just another metric driver with an opinion and a complaint doing nothing to help things at all.

It is definitely not among the giants of the industry (quite the opposite, actually), and i'll avoid mentioning other games. This is not a model other games should follow, THOSE other games are actually the model this one should follow.

Maybe it should, maybe it shouldn't. This though is an example of POOR feedback - "they should do it like other games do it that I won't mention nor will I say how they do it other than to say they give me free stuff so this game must suck because it doesn't give me enough free stuff!". Pfft.

Through these years, some of you people have grown so used to being mistreated and plain and simply ignored, that you (not you specifically) even got used to take part in the sadistic "redeemable codes" game, proably the most disgusting and pathethic practice i've seen in all my years of gaming.

No one was forcing you to take part. It was never offered an compensation and in the past always served as a means of providing some levity to the situation whilst we wait but of course the self entitled SJw crew had to decide now was a great time become forum users and ruin it for everyone else :rolleyes:

You will find many of the changes we do get in this game come as a direct result of these few of us who do participate actively in the games social areas and provide feedback to better the game.

Recent example Keith's post around the current bug with planetary dailies and how he acknowledges the previous limit is too low and is looking at our feedback as a means of coming up with a better, more interesting system.

Where were you during these discussions? What were you doing to better the game and it's community? Oh that's right, getting your paid game time in whilst thinking to yourself how poorly the game treats you ... pfft.

Fine, if you got used to stuff like that, and to keep your mouth shut, then good for you.

I keep my mouth shut? Read your post history, it's your lack of feedback on these forums that make me utterly ignore any point you have to make on the state of the game. I know the producers shouldn't and won't but me personally I think, as I said, if you aren't here to try improve things and never do so before but show up now with cap in hand ... your opinion holds little to no weight with me.

Some of us will speak our mind though, and if being treated like sheep, we will take our money elsewhere. Some years back this wouldnt be so important, but currently swtor needs all and every sub it can get. Food for thought.

Talk is cheap. You've been treated how you've been treated for however long now and not decided to actively speak up ... now though you talk as though you would quit if you didn't get CC for a few lost hours of playtime. I call ********.

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

@chose a day off to play a bit of SWTOR because double CXP

@playing EU primetime, found servers down because reasons

@went to watch Baby Driver which was good

@came back and found the servers are still down

@next available gaming day is in two weeks because I'm a busy man.

:mad::mad::mad:

@chose a day off to play a bit of SWTOR because double CXP

@playing EU primetime, found servers down because reasons

@went to watch Baby Driver which was good

@came back and found the servers are still down

@next available gaming day is in two weeks because I'm a busy man.

:mad::mad::mad:

Meanwhile Texas is underwater :(

But I feel you, I'm in the same boat. I put off responding to multiple Thumbtack requests to fix hardware/software issues (one of my many "jobs") because I had specifically planned to play today. The devs admitted it was their fault and their poor judgment/practices. I don't like to call it compensation, but they have said they are discussing gifting us something to remedy the estranged provider/clients relationship. I'm just hoping it's not more XP. I prefer slower leveling, enjoying the content as I progress (my first MMOs were MUD games on telnet).

Hey everyone,

I want to start by apologizing for the unexpected and prolonged downtime today. *snip*

Generally don't post, but just popped in to say I'm really impressed with how well you [Keith] and the team are handling communication these days. Things happen, servers fall over; but getting clear updates and explanations like this is very much appreciated. :)