Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The codes themselves are not rubbing us the wrong way. It's how your team and the developers treat us, consumers, like dog pile on a sunny day. We are the dog pile and EA's money is the sun. It doesn't matter that it wasn't compensation for lost time, the fact of the matter is the codes were given out because of this issue. Meaning, a handful of lucky people benefitted more from a global issue than anyone else. That is wrong and being in the career line that you are, you should have known better. Everyone is not going to get them because you choose to use expiring codes that only has one usage per person. There are universal codes, and they do work. Your lies about it not working might work on the ones less familiar with coding, but it doesn't work on me.

Again, it doesn't matter how many you send out. The majority of players don't even use the forums, is it right that they get less back simply because they weren't aware. No, it isn't. It also isn't right that those not fast enough or busy don't get any. Therefore these single use codes were and are a terrible idea. Please never do it again.

+++++

In the 7 months my husband and I have played SWTOR, I have experienced a couple times where the CSR sincerely cared about me the paying customer. However, overall my impression is the BIO/EA see subs as dollars signs and nothing more. There is a report bug/problem button but issues are never resolved after months. And yet, we keep paying the monthly fee. In all the games we have paid to play over the years, this is the most cavalier toward its customers. Stay....go...they don't care. But if you stay, accept that you are knowingly feeding the beast that sees you as nothing but a meal. It may let one escape occasionally (i.e., a few codes for ppl) so they can tell everyone how great they were treated, but in the end, prepare to be eaten if you stay.

Hey Fellow Fans and Devs,

The devs definitely understand the frustration considering they are fans of the game as well. Please cut them some slack. Eric is being extremely transparent at the risk of the already growing retaliation. We all love Star Wars. We all love this game. Their resources are limited. They are working as fast as they possibly can to fix it. I don't know if you know this or not but code looks like the matrix. Finding where one thing is messed up in a humongous game is like finding a needle in a hay stack. With limited resources this takes time. Patience my jedi friends.

As for the people that are asking for compensation. You are upset about 50 cents in American dollars. Even less in Euros. Is two quarters worth throwing in the towel? For you to ask or threaten to cancel if they do not give you more than this value in your form of currency is outrageous. Yes it is unfair that the game is down. The devs did not purposefully crash the game. It also unfair for you to ask someone to give you (in some cases) up to 45 American Dollars for 50 cents in American Dollars. The devs want to make you guys happy with what resources they have. They are trying. You subscribe because you love this game. You subscribe because the devs made this game what you love. Give them the opportunity to do exactly what they are supposed to do. Good things come to those who wait. May the Force be with you all.

Sincerely,

Concerned Citizen

So no compensation for u incompetences ?

There were codes given, but apparently in the time it took me to wolf down lunch, they were consumed, much like my lunch, rather than being perpetual like the cantina codes, so lunch was all I got.

Edit: Meatloaf and peas

Edited by xordevoreaux

They were one-time use codes, and they were used before the page even finished loading for most people.

I'm sure there will be some kind of apology for "Sorry, no Star Wars today," but I'm not sure what form it will take.

how would you use them for future knowledge?

Hi there :)

Do you think french players will get a compensation for being forced to watch the soccer game (France- Netherlands) instead of being able to play ?

(sorry for that, it was to easy to write this demand :) )

I feel bad for you. I had a choice once between watching a soccer game, and watching paint dry on the wall. My doctor told me that I wasn't to have too much excitement, so I watched the soccer game.

I don't always test my code but when I do so I like to do it production. So stay on call my friend.

As an IT infrastructure engineer for a large employer on the east coast, your team should be down right embarrassed to have any unscheduled down time. You have the resources and the infrastructure to run an out in the WILD test server that you can place every single change to prior to delivering this to production and affecting your customer. I guess there is a very cavalier attitude to change management in your line of business but trust me if this happened where I work people are getting walked out the door TODAY at the very least there is going to be a meeting with the upper echelons of SR management where you get to beg for your job.

This is absolutely un acceptable for a company with the financial resources EA/Bioware this is plain and simple, squeeze every dollar out of them with out putting any in that EA has been known for. I would be humiliated professional and personally if a change I was responsible for ended in downtime outside of the scheduled hours.

Out here in the real world that would cost pretty much any company millions of dollars, you, on the other hand, throw free codes out and can't do that right shameful.

If I did my database / database appliance patching this way, I woul dhave been out of a job before I could say "coredump", because healthcare, telco or financial business don't have much humour there. Interesting how the gaming industry made people think this is acceptable. Might have to do with the age of the average customer, of course.

Hi there :)

Do you think french players will get a compensation for being forced to watch the soccer game (France- Netherlands) instead of being able to play ?

(sorry for that, it was to easy to write this demand :) )

Watch ARTE, will be more useful....

hum nevermind, stupid serie.....

Perhaps twin peaks on canal....

Well no, finally that will be summer shark attack on scifi, it will have a better scenario than any of the new content from swtor :p