Is orange gear a problem?

blacksunforzero

So I know I'm not the only one who does this, but if I have a piece of orange gear, I NEVER take another item to replace it unless it's another orange piece of gear which I find to look more appealing. My thought process is that this green, blue, or whatever item may be better at this point in time, but I can just change the mods, armoring and whatever in the orange piece and it will almost always be better. Am I doing it wrong or is this true for everyone? Is orange gear a problem because of this reason? Just curious on what everyone elses thoughts are.

No that's exactly how it is designed to work.

Though I do know some orange armor has higher armor stats. Being a tank this is important since I got a new piece of armor, switched all my mods from my current chest piece to the new one, and came out with like 80+ armor or something like that. So if youre a tank or just want higher armor rating, it might be necessary to upgrade once in awhile.

No that's exactly how it is designed to work.

Though I do know some orange armor has higher armor stats. Being a tank this is important since I got a new piece of armor, switched all my mods from my current chest piece to the new one, and came out with like 80+ armor or something like that. So if youre a tank or just want higher armor rating, it might be necessary to upgrade once in awhile.

All orange gear of each armor rank (light, medium, heavy) and slot, all have the same armor level. It only changes when you add different modifications.

Personally, I still roll on gear that is an upgrade, but keep the orange gear in the bank, until I find mods that make it better than the gear I just picked up.

All orange gear of each armor rank (light, medium, heavy) and slot, all have the same armor level. It only changes when you add different modifications.

Personally, I still roll on gear that is an upgrade, but keep the orange gear in the bank, until I find mods that make it better than the gear I just picked up.

^ this

Thats what I thought too...which is why i was surprised to have two heavy armor chest pieces, with the same exact mods in them, and one having a higher armor rating than the other. Was a head scratcher for me for sure but i just ran with it.

Was one purple and the other orange? Also... was one equiped with a guardian armoring mod, and the other with a different armoring?

I personally can't wait till they incorporate previewing the looks of gear before buying. This is especially important for orange gear. I will gladly save up commendations to buy the orange gear piece, but whether the looks is worth keeping is a roll of the dice :)

Well im lvl 40 and i got full orange set of equipment, getting around 450k creds currently and best possible mods for my lvl my set is best i can wear, no green or blue drops or mission rewards for lvl 40 can overwhelm my custom made stats.

And i do love orange gear i gathered the set i totally love in terms of design and appeal and i will stick with it for a long time [untill i find another full nice and fitting set that is upgradeable]

Crafting rox in TOR.

I personally can't wait till they incorporate previewing the looks of gear before buying. This is especially important for orange gear. I will gladly save up commendations to buy the orange gear piece, but whether the looks is worth keeping is a roll of the dice :)

Ctrl+click

I equip the one with the best stats. If a green piece has more stats then an orange, then I equip the green and vendor orange because didnt really like how it looked in the first place.

Yea..not quite sure what your thinking there .I mean sure the green may have better stats at first, but all you need to do is throw in some mods on the orange one and "poof" you've got better stuff than the green. Thats just completely dumb to do, the way your doing it, and a waste.

I have several orange gear pieces, for various attire appeal. I switch out mods on them (have head/chest/legs/wrist/gloves) on each planet and usually craft what I can for them every few levels. I still roll on other gear, for selling purposes, but imo nothing really compares to an updated (mods) orange gear for level. Besides..it's cheaper anyways.

Yeah but if you keep all orange gear, you wont have any room left in bank. Anyways, most orange gear looks like crap for BH's.

There's really not that much orange gear that drops. I mean i've only had a few. Besides..you could always sell it (assuming you don't equip it, so it won't bind) and make some cash. They sell for a decent amount.