The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

TOR Wins game of the year

Jett-Rinn

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe FauxNews should review the game next. Then we can have two EXTREMELY CREDIBLE news sources rate the game.

Somehow the story becomes about how the game is teaching kids to Force Choke others or something, while a looping video of CoD plays in the background.

That would be totally worth it for the backlash and laughs to follow, actually.

Man they reviewers didn't take their sweet time to level to 50. They just space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space space

and still... they know that is the GOTY!

So, next time I see a fanboi saying that you are not supposed to be 50 yet, I wil remind them of these guys that not only did they reach 50, they tested instances, raids etc in no time! Man...

There is no chance in hell TOR will get game of the year from any reputable source. There have been too many truly amazing games this year, Skyrim, Uncharted, Arkham city, Skyward Sword, Portal 2...

I mean seriously...msnbc. Might as well be cooking.com giving the goty award. LOL

You do get that getting GOTY from a mainstream news source like MSNBC is basically like handing EA the keys to Fort Knox don't you? Good reviews from some hardcore gamers blog doesn't translate into a Bajillion box sales, getting GOTY from MSNBC does. Also G4 and PC gamer have already given it astronomically high scores So I'm pretty sure we can expect both of them to hand Bioware MMO of the year the next time it comes around.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

You do get that getting GOTY from a mainstream news source like MSNBC is basically like handing EA the keys to Fort Knox don't you? Good reviews from some hardcore gamers blog doesn't translate into a Bajillion box sales, getting GOTY from MSNBC does. Also G4 and PC gamer have already given it astronomically high scores So I'm pretty sure we can expect both of them to hand Bioware MMO of the year the next time it comes around.

And good reviews from news companies don't translate into a good game.

So are you saying 'Congratulations Bioware on milking a Cash Cow' or 'Congratulations Bioware on making a thoroughly amazing game'?

Bear in mind PC Gamer gave DA2 a 94.

Edited by Ruggle

I don't mean to belittle the game, but I think this was clearly paid for. I watch MSNBC and they have plugged the game during stock market segments and shown videos. The people plugging it weren't even gamers, just news anchors that knew nothing about it aside from what they were prompted to say.

Most serious gamers would not give GOTY to this game over Skyrim, Arkham City, etc.

Funny, game of the year 5th day into the new year and they named games that are not even out yet, No mention of GW2 either must of been a pure genious gamer who wrote that article or just well payed. You just been a victim of corporate propaganda, and it doesn'nt stop at or in the game world.

No matter how much I enjoy played TOR and all of its story aside, Skyrim completely owns this game in almost every regard.

I tried to get a group together to kill a boss in Skyrim, but I took an arrow to the knee.

Yup that might mean something but lets take a look at the companies

Microsoft - These wonderful people released an operating system with projected driver support. It was called Vista and who can forget Windows ME (Many Errors)

NBC - They do not like people downloading Torrents of TV shows what were on Public Television. Course that is another funny story but can not go into it.