KotFE, KotET and Romance

Ylliarus

I could definitely get into that as well. I've been hoping they'd do right be Scourge as well, he's been ignored for too long. No one puts baby in a corner.

Aaaannnd now I'm seeing my Body Type 1 JK being Johnny and Scourge running to her while she lifts him up into the air, the entire alliance clapping and cheering while they watch.

That is probably one of the funniest mental images I've had in a while. Thanks! :D:D

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly wouldn't mind a Scourge romance, I realise it would be very difficult due to his immortality-condition and the nasty side effects of it. Still, if written properly it could work, just no magical "the power of love will heal you!". If Scourge doesn't feel anything let that be, just figure a way around that or even use it as part of the romance. Him just wanting his LI to be happy and safe even though he doesn't feel anything seems to me like true love, it's rather really selfless.

Now that the emperor is dead anything is possible! I don't think it would be difficult for them to do at all to be honest. I do agree with "the magical power of love" being silly.(putting it mildly) Scourge deserves something less cliché.:rak_03:

Aaaannnd now I'm seeing my Body Type 1 JK being Johnny and Scourge running to her while she lifts him up into the air, the entire alliance clapping and cheering while they watch.

That is probably one of the funniest mental images I've had in a while. Thanks! :D:D

He hee, I'm glad I could bring a smile to your face in all of this. :D I guess that's what comes of hearing "Time of your Life" in the background. :D

I am slightly baffled still Scourge isn't in the story though, I mean it's so incredibly heavy focused on the Sith Emperor in his form of Vitiate. KotET and Nathema would have been the utmost perfect moment to add him in. Really we got such a backstory for him in the Revan novel, he was heavily featured at the last chapter of the Jedi Knight story and then at the most crucial story development surrounding Vitiate/Valkorion, he is absolutely nowhere to be seen.

I truly wouldn't mind a Scourge romance, I realise it would be very difficult due to his immortality-condition and the nasty side effects of it. Still, if written properly it could work, just no magical "the power of love will heal you!". If Scourge doesn't feel anything let that be, just figure a way around that or even use it as part of the romance. Him just wanting his LI to be happy and safe even though he doesn't feel anything seems to me like true love, it's rather really selfless.

That's something I've been scratching my head over since like...forever. He should have been much more of a presence, especially during the Revan times we had to deal with. I'm a big believer in that anything can be done with good writing, and I think it's quite plausible to find a way to heal Scourge, whether it be the Mother Machine on Belsavis, some Gree tech, or maybe even the destruction of the Emperor such as it was would be enough to release him from the rituals done...Any number of ways they could do it, they'd just have to be willing. It would go a long way to fixing things with me personally, but I'm not holding my breath.

or maybe even the destruction of the Emperor such as it was would be enough to release him from the rituals done...Any number of ways they could do it, they'd just have to be willing. It would go a long way to fixing things with me personally, but I'm not holding my breath.

I mean, that's the easiest and most obvious way. I can image Scourge just feeling the Emperor die and then realizing he's no longer immortal and he starts aging and feeling from there.

That's something I've been scratching my head over since like...forever. He should have been much more of a presence, especially during the Revan times we had to deal with. I'm a big believer in that anything can be done with good writing, and I think it's quite plausible to find a way to heal Scourge, whether it be the Mother Machine on Belsavis, some Gree tech, or maybe even the destruction of the Emperor such as it was would be enough to release him from the rituals done...Any number of ways they could do it, they'd just have to be willing. It would go a long way to fixing things with me personally, but I'm not holding my breath.

I wouldn't want to see a full heal, like, the Dark Side does take its toll especially with a ritual that makes someone immortal. So while maybe the Voss Mystics could help as they did with Arcann, I wouldn't want to see Scourge be like "Zomg all my emotions are back I am so happy!", like there should be severe after effects and maybe even not a full healing so that he'd probably still outlive the Outlander/Commander which could provide for interesting dynamic and dialogue, but he'd eventually die.

Now that the emperor is dead anything is possible! I don't think it would be difficult for them to do at all to be honest. I do agree with "the magical power of love" being silly.(putting it mildly) Scourge deserves something less cliché.:rak_03:

And of course the Emperor's death could have an effect on Scourge as well. It wouldn't be too far of a stretch to assume something of the sorts, aye. There is still potential for him to return in an interesting story installment as the Emperor's original body is presumably still around so with Vitiate's spirit's death I could see Scourge wanting to also destroy his physical form.

Edited by Ylliarus

Hey, if a surprise distraction comes out, I won't be mad. I am sith, after all, I follow my passions. I'm sure "he" won't mind after the stunt he's (hopefully) going to pull.

I really wouldn't mind extra romances or even an entire story update that adds various new romance options into the game (full blown romances not flirt options). Them being companions of course but it would be great to see various romance options, like a Sith Lord, Jedi Knight, a soldier, a civilian, noblefolk maybe even. Romances from all the walks og SWTOR life. I think that would be an enrichment for the game!

I REALLY hate KotFE's ROMANCE LOCK system, it gave no special warning or obvious alert and if you miss it, you miss it.

Regardless of how much you had flirted with Lana in the previous chapters of SoR/Ziost.

Lock system? Could you perhaps elaborate on that as I am not sure I understand what you mean. Do you refer to the moment in Chapter 9 you get to talk with Theron, Lana or Koth as a companion or picking the [Flirt] version of "I want to talk to someone"?

Lock system? Could you perhaps elaborate on that as I am not sure I understand what you mean. Do you refer to the moment in Chapter 9 you get to talk with Theron, Lana or Koth as a companion or picking the [Flirt] version of "I want to talk to someone"?

That's probably it. Unfortunately when KotFE first came out, the camera was pointed at Theron, so a lot of people took the <Flirt> cue as a flirt with Theron himself instead of the general <Flirt> of I want to romantically talk with one of you, now let me pick from the choices. They've since fixed the camera focus (which is now on your character) but the people who ran through it originally are screwed out of their Lana romance and BW won't allow them to fix it, not even by replaying Chapter 9 and making that choice.

That's probably it. Unfortunately when KotFE first came out, the camera was pointed at Theron, so a lot of people took the <Flirt> cue as a flirt with Theron himself instead of the general <Flirt> of I want to romantically talk with one of you, now let me pick from the choices. They've since fixed the camera focus (which is now on your character) but the people who ran through it originally are screwed out of their Lana romance and BW won't allow them to fix it, not even by replaying Chapter 9 and making that choice.

Ah I see, I can definitely imagine that to be very frustrating indeed :( I had the luck of wanting to romance Theron on my main, as I indeed remember the camera being focused in him and later when I played on my Marauder it was focused on me. But the frustration is very comprehensible and I am sorry Bioware won't allow you to fix it :(

Ah I see, I can definitely imagine that to be very frustrating indeed :( I had the luck of wanting to romance Theron on my main, as I indeed remember the camera being focused in him and later when I played on my Marauder it was focused on me. But the frustration is very comprehensible and I am sorry Bioware won't allow you to fix it :(

Also it never gives you any second chance regardless of the romance kissing you've experienced before. Even loakth storyline still follows this.

If the lock is THIS important, it should have some very serious alert during the conversation, but no, the alert only came up in the end when you chose to kiss her.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Also it never gives you any second chance regardless of the romance kissing you've experienced before. Even loakth storyline still follows this.

If the lock is THIS important, it should have some very serious alert during the conversation, but no, the alert only came up in the end when you chose to kiss her.

That definitely is a pity, like there should have been at least a second tie-in to romance Lana if you missed that first moment. It really seems a bit unfair to punish the player like that as if you miss that moment with Lana then there is no other romance option left (which again touches the subject of too little romance options in KotFE and KotET and the benefit of a romance-focused story installment in the future) except for a few flirts with Empress Acina.

So I definitely get your frustration here, especially with the lack of a warning that it's a crucial point in the development of a romance.

That definitely is a pity, like there should have been at least a second tie-in to romance Lana if you missed that first moment. It really seems a bit unfair to punish the player like that as if you miss that moment with Lana then there is no other romance option left (which again touches the subject of too little romance options in KotFE and KotET and the benefit of a romance-focused story installment in the future) except for a few flirts with Empress Acina.

So I definitely get your frustration here, especially with the lack of a warning that it's a crucial point in the development of a romance.

Not only does it just punish the player, it punishes the player for BIOWARE'S MISTAKE.

And that romance is still apparently bugged, in that if there's a patch while you're in the earlier KOTFE chapters, it apparently resets all the romance flags and you end up without Lana. I ended up doing what was recommended on the forum and playing the first 9 of KOTFE through so I'd make sure I'd get the Lana romance...

Bioware apparently has never fixed that. That's even true if you repeat the chapters - your romance flags are gone on the replays before Chapter 9, even when the other choices/flags are there. Like I tried to replay Chapter 8 to see the story if I refused Valkorion's power, and there's no kiss with Lana and no rescue from her. But the characters still remember other choices I made.

It is a little weird that there's no second chance to lock in a romance with any of the characters. I mean, it's entirely possible that someone could grow on you after being around them in the Alliance for longer, but the boat has sailed if you miss the cantina stuff in KOTFE.

One thing about Lana that I mentioned in another thread...she really seems like she's meant to be f/f even though she's romanceable by both genders. Because that relationship seems to work so well. I almost wonder if they left her romanceable to both genders because there wasn't another KOTFE possibility for straight men.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

It is a little weird that there's no second chance to lock in a romance with any of the characters. I mean, it's entirely possible that someone could grow on you after being around them in the Alliance for longer, but the boat has sailed if you miss the cantina stuff in KOTFE.

One thing about Lana that I mentioned in another thread...she really seems like she's meant to be f/f even though she's romanceable by both genders. Because that relationship seems to work so well. I almost wonder if they left her romanceable to both genders because there wasn't another KOTFE possibility for straight men.

No I completely agree with this, there should be multiple moments to lock into a romance with someone, in this specific case Lana, at least two moments if you ask me if not more. Someone may indeed start KotFE and think "ugh companion X is dull" but as the story goes on they'll suddenly start liking companion X and after a while think "I want to romance them", but maybe at that point they can't anymore because the lock in moment is gone. So I definitely agree that the romances post-KotFE should have multiple lock in moments.

No I completely agree with this, there should be multiple moments to lock into a romance with someone, in this specific case Lana, at least two moments if you ask me if not more. Someone may indeed start KotFE and think "ugh companion X is dull" but as the story goes on they'll suddenly start liking companion X and after a while think "I want to romance them", but maybe at that point they can't anymore because the lock in moment is gone. So I definitely agree that the romances post-KotFE should have multiple lock in moments.

That's actually how it sort of is in Forged Alliances, too - my character didn't flirt with Lana until their second cantina talk, and there was a line like, "I think I'm warming up to you, Lana." And she admits the same. It made the relationship a lot more realistic, I thought, that there was more than one point to jump in.

And with Theron in particular, it would have made sense to have more than one point or a later point. I mean, dude's only back in C9, and then you're jumping right at him? It makes sense if the player romanced him in SoR, but what if they didn't?

Along the same lines, I thought there were a bunch of openings in KOTFE and KOTET where they could have allowed players to initiate relationships with at least a few of the returning companions. Like with Jorgan, when he came back from the failed mission, it was a perfect cue to have a player say, "Oh, I was SO WORRIED about you in particular...." And even with Vette, if you chose to save her in C 8, there could have been an option beyond the friendship one to say "I didn't realize until now just how much you meant to me..."

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

That's actually how it sort of is in Forged Alliances, too - my character didn't flirt with Lana until their second cantina talk, and there was a line like, "I think I'm warming up to you, Lana." And she admits the same. It made the relationship a lot more realistic, I thought, that there was more than one point to jump in.

And with Theron in particular, it would have made sense to have more than one point or a later point. I mean, dude's only back in C9, and then you're jumping right at him? It makes sense if the player romanced him in SoR, but what if they didn't?

Very much agreed, that made the romances much more realistic as in real life you also don't have ONE AND ONLY CHANCE to enter a romance but you interact more times with someone and perhaps even don't work out in the start but still end up in a relationship together later. I don't see why the same could be in SWTOR.

Along the same lines, I thought there were a bunch of openings in KOTFE and KOTET where they could have allowed players to initiate relationships with at least a few of the returning companions. Like with Jorgan, when he came back from the failed mission, it was a perfect cue to have a player say, "Oh, I was SO WORRIED about you in particular...." And even with Vette, if you chose to save her in C 8, there could have been an option beyond the friendship one to say "I didn't realize until now just how much you meant to me..."

Regarding those companions I am still bummed they are solely available as a romance option if you had previoulsy romanced them on your class. I really had hoped they'd also be romanceable for other toons. Like my female Jedi Consular would dig Jorgan so much but she can't romance him which is such a pity. Another example, I'd make a female Sith Inquisitor solely for the reason of romancing Torian Cadera, you have no idea how badly I want that. I adore Torian Cadera, I really had expected that upon his return he'd be a romance option. They're all like "companions from other classes can now join you!", yeah great, but can I romance them? No? Then this is incomplete content? I really hope Bioware will consider making those companions romanceable in the future as KotFE and KotET romances are just so incredibly limited at the moment :(

Edited by Ylliarus

I'd actually want to pose the above post as a question to Charles Boyd: would you consider making the previously-romanced companions a romance option for all characters in the future? So that for example a male/female Sith Inquisitor could romance Torian Cadera or a male Smuggler romance Vette, Jedi Consular romance Jorgan and so on? It would really expand the romance options in the latest two expansions as currently I feel, and I assume many others with me based on the comments in this thread, that romance is limited in KotFE and KotET. Edited by Ylliarus

I'd actually want to pose the above post as a question to Charles Boyd: would you consider making the previously-romanced companions a romance option for all characters in the future? So that for example a male/female Sith Inquisitor could romance Torian Cadera or a male Smuggler romance Vette, Jedi Consular romance Jorgan and so on? It would really expand the romance options in the latest two expansions as currently I feel, and I assume many others with me based on the comments in this thread, that romance is limited in KotFE and KotET.

Well Charles did acknowledge the desire for Scourge as a LI, I doubt that if it were to happen, he'd only be available for the Jedi Knight. So he'd be the first non LI to become an option for all classes.:)

Well Charles did acknowledge the desire for Scourge as a LI, I doubt that if it were to happen, he'd only be available for the Jedi Knight. So he'd be the first non LI to become an option for all classes.:)

True, true, I am very much looking forward to that, especially if we can influence Scourge to be more Light-aligned or Dark-aligned based on what they alignment of our own character is. I could imagine my Sith Inquisitor trying to get Scourge believing in the Sith and Imperial ideals again. A Sith Warrior and Scourge romance must be dynamic though, both former Emperor's Wraths, one betrayed by the Emperor himself and the other having betrayed his master. I could see it beginning explosive but ending in a strong romance :)

Still, if Scourge would become available for all classes to romance I'd very much ask of Charles if he could also make Vette, Kaliyo, Jorgan, Gault and Torian available for other classes. Perhaps also Master Ranos and Shae Vizsla could be added to the romance boat? And Senya, that's a romance option I am still very much interested in! Although now this seems a bit like a list while my primary question is whether the previously-romanced companions also can become love interests to other classes and thus if they are not previously romanced

Edited by Ylliarus

True, true, I am very much looking forward to that, especially if we can influence Scourge to be more Light-aligned or Dark-aligned based on what they alignment of our own character is. I could imagine my Sith Inquisitor trying to get Scourge believing in the Sith and Imperial ideals again. A Sith Warrior and Scourge romance must be dynamic though, both former Emperor's Wraths, one betrayed by the Emperor himself and the other having betrayed his master. I could see it beginning explosive but ending in a strong romance :)

Still, if Scourge would become available for all classes to romance I'd very much ask of Charles if he could also make Vette, Kaliyo, Jorgan, Gault and Torian available for other classes. Perhaps also Master Ranos and Shae Vizsla could be added to the romance boat? And Senya, that's a romance option I am still very much interested in! Although now this seems a bit like a list while my primary question is whether the previously-romanced companions also can become love interests to other classes and thus if they are not previously romanced

Well you can always ask! :D Though I don't think Ranos and Shae should become LI as they aren't available for everyone.:) While I'm not interested in either of them for romance, I don't think making that an option now is fair, especially as they are unobtainable to a lot of people.

Well you can always ask! :D Though I don't think Ranos and Shae should become LI as they aren't available for everyone.:) While I'm not interested in either of them for romance, I don't think making that an option now is fair, especially as they are unobtainable to a lot of people.

Yeah true, you're very right about that it would be unfair indeed. But I don't see much wrong with having Vette, Jorgan, Torian etc become available though so I really hope the story team would consider it! I know the story team doesn't reply often to threads like this but I really hope Charles could have a peek and drop a reply in here ^_^

Yeah true, you're very right about that it would be unfair indeed. But I don't see much wrong with having Vette, Jorgan, Torian etc become available though so I really hope the story team would consider it! I know the story team doesn't reply often to threads like this but I really hope Charles could have a peek and drop a reply in here ^_^

I'm not against the idea, though for myself I'm not particularly interested in romancing any of the old companions.

And yeah I wish Charles would post more too!:rak_03:

I'm not against the idea, though for myself I'm not particularly interested in romancing any of the old companions.

And yeah I wish Charles would post more too!:rak_03:

Aric !!

Id never romance anyone else ever again if Aric became avail for all..