KotFE, KotET and Romance

Ylliarus

Yeah! I'd love to see Teffith in game, she was hilarious in the book.

I really liked that book, too. I like how Theron was sort of a funny disaster, always injuring himself and breaking things, yet managed to bring down a Darth and her armada wearing nothing but his tighty whities. :D I know he's not supposed to be force sensitive, but you gotta think the force is on his side, at least.

I don't know, the more I think about it, the more the next patch sounds like the sort of bat **** crazy plan he would come up with. Like, *** Theron, there probably were at least a million easier ways to do that.

idk why I spoiler tagged this, like there's one person out there who hasn't heard and can't read context clues. :D

We could have gotten a sidemission like in the original game we got with Vette or Khem Val to go to a planet and help them do something. With Theron we could have had a little mission to rescue Teffith from something as from the books it seems like he story wasn't yet finished. There is still a lot of potential with her to explore in the game and perhaps she could become even a companion! Would be nice and cool :)

But for something of the sorts to happen we'd need companion dialogue scenes so I hope Bioware will consider implementing them in the future of story content or retroactively. I really wouldn't mind having them put into the game retroactively, it would make the future playthroughs of KotFE and KotET much more engaging and fun.

Edited by Ylliarus

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of feel sorry for the Lana romancers, we still don't know anything about her, really, except she's the boss :D

They did do a nice little story on the blog about Lana's trials - based on the overseer she had, she was trained on the Inquisitor track. And there's some information about her working on Hoth about the same time the SW/SI start their time in Korriban (so we do know she's a bit older than they are). And of course there's that surveillance email which has a few things.

I'd love to know more about her, but right now, I'll settle for just having her stay safe.

Well, I'm happy. I was thinking about resubbing but now I know not to resub. Glad I only signed up for a one month sub and removed my payment information after that.

CXP is a pain to put up with, they nerfed some classes I like, KotFE and KotET's story isn't worth staying subbed, and now this. I still miss the old cutscenes we had back at launch, where most of our companions had plenty of cutscenes, with romances or gradually expanding background or fun little subplots as incentives to keep increasing their affection (and that was back when getting companion gifts was completely random, I think). KotFE and KotET didn't bring that back, of course, but I was hoping that Lana's and Theron's increasing importance would be interesting. Now I know its not worth it.

Now to go find some better MMO to spend my money on. I want to like SWTOR, I mostly fondly remember the first three years, but by now, I give up, at least for another six months (if not longer) after hearing about such a horrible plot development.

They did do a nice little story on the blog about Lana's trials - based on the overseer she had, she was trained on the Inquisitor track. And there's some information about her working on Hoth about the same time the SW/SI start their time in Korriban (so we do know she's a bit older than they are). And of course there's that surveillance email which has a few things.

I'd love to know more about her, but right now, I'll settle for just having her stay safe.

I never knew about that being in the Community Blog, only discovered it now. Again, like with Theron and his backstory largely explained in the Annihilation novel this could have been the perfect material for a dialogue scene with Lana or multiple. Perhaps we would have gone to Hoth to attend to some unfinished business Lana has there or maybe something she lost on the planet. In any case, there was a lot of opportunities to give the romanceable companions in the game a lot more depth despite the fact they already got some screentime and we got to know them. The dialogue scenes like in the original game with the companions would have simply added a new layer to that, creating more immersion for the story as well as enjoyment.

Like if they can do Mass Effect romances so amazing, then this should have been easypeasy for the story team. It's just that the resources necessary for this were put into other stuff than in my opinion didn't necessarily had to be put into the game.

It's getting a bit ridicolous here.

All of us romance fans should be happy, cause finally a shallow and boring romance will get some spice.

Do you really think the devs will throw away a character that has grown on the players for years?

Do you really think the devs will throw away one of the very few constantly developed romance options in this game.

They just only give it a twist, which is a good thing and was totally needed...because things like this make players even more emotionally attached to a virtual character. Of course we will have a "feel bad-cliff hanger" but that is how drama works and drama is an essential part of every big love story.

A happy end is even more satisfying if there was a big drama before...it's a simple rule of story telling.

And there is no doubt that we will get a happy end, seriously.

All we know is that we are getting a big chunk of story for a romancable character. We don't know the reasons yet but we know for sure that this character's love to the outlander is true and always has been.

This sounds so promising. It's a twist and not the end. It's an amazing oportunity to bring more depth and emotions into a romance that has been quite shallow so far. Finally it gets some attention and stops beeing so boring and underwhelming.

Literally all of my alts have romanced that special companion and I'm a big fan too.

But unlike all the negative nancies in this thread ( sry, you know what I mean) I am totally looking forward to that story arc. Good stories need ups and downs and not just boring happy sunshine all the way.

And it seems this is exactly what we are getting...a good story with emotional ups and downs!

You want the devs to deliver good and interesting stories?

You want the devs to put more effort into romances and finally give them more depth?

Well it looks like we are going to get exactly that...isn't that amazing and a reason to be happy and look forward to?

Just imagine the lovely cutscenes we get when this story arc comes to it's conclusion and we may enjoy a real "feel good happy end".

But until then, just enjoy the story and don't judge it before it even has started.

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

All of us Theron fans should be happy, cause finally this shallow and boring romance will get some spice.

Do you really think the devs will throw away a character that has grown on the players for years?

Do you really thinks the devs will throw away the only constantly developed male romance option in this game.

They just only give it a twist, which is a good thing and was totally needed...because things like this make players even more emotionally attached to a virtual character. Of course we will have a "feel bad-cliff hanger" but that is how drama works and drama is an essential part of every big love story.

A happy end is even more satisfying if there was a big drama before...it's a simple rule of story telling.

All we know is that we are getting a big chunk of Theron related story. We don't know his reasons yet but we know for sure that Theron's love to the outlander is true and always has been.

This sounds so promising. It's a twist and not the end. It's an amazing oportunity to bring more depth and emotions to the Theron romance. Finally it gets some attention and stops beeing so boring and shallow.

Literally all of my alts have romanced Theron and I'm a big Theron fan too.

But unlike all the negative nancies in this thread ( sry, you know what I mean) I am totally looking forward to that story arc. Good stories need ups and downs and not just boring happy sunshine all the way.

And it seems this is exactly what we are getting...a good story with emotional ups and downs!

You want the devs to put more effort into the Theron romance and finally give it more depth?

Well it looks like we are going to get exactly that...isn't that amazing and a reason to be happy and look forward to?

Just imagine the lovely cutscenes we get when this story arc comes to it's conclusion and when Theron and the Outlander finally will be reunited again...and I'm pretty sure we will get this kind of "feel good happy end".

But until then, just enjoy the story and don't judge it before it even has started.

You really ought to not go so far as to mention the actual character name and events that have been datamined, that's probably crossing the line.

And my response to all your arguments... is that what you said would make sense ONLY if what they apparently plan to do to the character in question didn't COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY VIOLATE EVERYTHING ESTABLISHED ABOUT THE CHARACTER TO THAT POINT. Which it does. It's a face-heel turn with no story logic behind it. That's why us 'negative nancies' (as so you snidely called us) are upset.

I edited my post...maybe you want to edit my quote as well.

Oh and I don't see anything that is violating EVERYTHING ESTABLISHED ABOUT THE CHARACTER TO THAT POINT.

The story hasn't been told yet so we definitely can't talk about "out of character issues" at this moment.

And sorry for that negative nancies comment. This was not meant to be offensive.

I just don't get why so many of you can't see the positive and much promising potential of a well done and unexpected story twist.

You really ought to not go so far as to mention the actual character name and events that have been datamined, that's probably crossing the line.

And my response to all your arguments... is that what you said would make sense ONLY if what they apparently plan to do to the character in question didn't COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY VIOLATE EVERYTHING ESTABLISHED ABOUT THE CHARACTER TO THAT POINT. Which it does. It's a face-heel turn with no story logic behind it. That's why us 'negative nancies' (as so you snidely called us) are upset.

It doesnt. Not if he is a double agent and knows something we do not, like the order planning to assassinate the outlander. He said many times the alliance would not survive without the outlander and if romanced that he would not also. He has always worked towards peace and if something or someone threatens that, he will do whatever is needed to prevent it. Not ooc at all. We dont have the full story yet.

I only have one thing to say about yesterday...

:confused::confused:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

How. could. they. do. this. Please... make it not be true, Bioware, make it not be true... :(:(:(

I feel the same, as you know. :(

I just read it again and I think it might not be as bad as we feared. I suspect there is a lot more to it.

Remember Chapter 2 of the IA vanilla story?

I do remember it, I love the agent story and have done it over many times. :) I hope you're right. I just wish I had the faith that you and some of the other posters have in the story writing team. Like someone said, it has the potential to be amazing...or a horrible disaster. It worries me.

All of us romance fans should be happy, cause finally a shallow and boring romance will get some spice.

Do you really think the devs will throw away one of the very few constantly developed romance options in this game.

All we know is that we are getting a big chunk of story for a romancable character. We don't know the reasons yet but we know for sure that this character's love to the outlander is true and always has been.

This sounds so promising. It's a twist and not the end. It's an amazing oportunity to bring more depth and emotions into a romance that has been quite shallow so far. Finally it gets some attention and stops beeing so boring and underwhelming.

Literally all of my alts have romanced that special companion and I'm a big fan too.

You want the devs to put more effort into romances and finally give them more depth?

Just imagine the lovely cutscenes we get when this story arc comes to it's conclusion and we may enjoy a real "feel good happy end".

Two things, first of all, if they execute this particular thing that must not be named well, then indeed it can be as amazing and cool as you describe it. I admit, my initial response may have been a little bit overdone, but I am merely concerned whether the execution will be properly done of the story content in question. Like, pointing again to the Malavai/Dorne reunion it was rushed too much and players weren't given the opportunity to come to feel for the scene.

Second, what you say would indeed be amazing if we also had had companion dialogue scenes in KotFE and KotET to expand more on the subjec and issue, to get into the head of our love interests and through that way get to know them. Had we had such scenes I think the particular thing that must not be named would have caused a "ah, I see what you're doing here"-reaction with more people than it did now. Because don't get me wrong, all the characters in the latest two expansions get a bit of screen time and we start to get to know them both as the PC and player behind the PC. But it's too little, especially concerning the love interests. We just should have been given more moments with them through companion conversation scenes inbetween chapters.

Edited by Ylliarus

Two things, first of all, if they execute this particular thing that must not be named well, then indeed it can be as amazing and cool as you describe it. I admit, my initial response may have been a little bit overdone, but I am merely concerned whether the execution will be properly done of the story content in question. Like, pointing again to the Malavai/Dorne reunion it was rushed too much and players weren't given the opportunity to come to feel for the scene.

Second, what you say would indeed be amazing if we also had had companion dialogue scenes in KotFE and KotET to expand more on the subjec and issue, to get into the head of our love interests and through that way get to know them. Had we had such scenes I think the particular thing that must not be named would have caused a "ah, I see what you're doing here"-reaction with more people than it did now. Because don't get me wrong, all the characters in the latest two expansions get a bit of screen time and we start to get to know them both as the PC and player behind the PC. But it's too little, especially concerning the love interests. We just should have been given more moment with them through companion conversation scenes inbetween chapters.

I agree. But the devs can't retroactively change the fact the we actually didn't really get to to know our love interests during KotFE and KotET. Nevertheless it looks like we are now getting our chance to finally get to know them better.

And this is something I am really looking forward to.

I agree. But the devs can't retroactively change the fact the we actually didn't really get to to know our love interests during KotFE and KotET. Nevertheless it looks like we are now getting our chance to finally get to know them better.

And this is something I am really looking forward to.

They could look if they could divert some time and resources to actually in fact retroactively implement such scenes with our love interests. People always say "no, no retroactively added stuff, only new content" but going back and adding, fixing or making stuff more complete really isn't a bad thing. I think retroactively added companion dialogue scenes with the love interests would be a great thing and add more depth to KotFE and KotET. When something is incomplete you don't leave it be and start something new, but you finish the first thing and then move on to the second :) otherwise incompleteness will build upon incompleteness.

I put my bets on "it will be amazing". ;)

I don't know, I'm putting my bets on "it'll be okay."

I don't think this is the end for our dear boy, but I also think leaving it hanging like this for months is a real mean thing to do since we're not going to have him during that time. That freaking sucks because it's TOTAL DEJA VU. I guess if you only use him for a crafting mule, it doesn't matter if you can get him from the terminal (if you can even do that) but having him do all that in the story and then being able to summon him for heroics is going to be a bit weird.

Also, who knows if they'll even bring him back in a few months? Many of our original LI's are still not back, even thought they planned to bring them back in a meaningful way through the story. Oh well, plans change, we'll bring him back through an Alliance Alert in 2018 LOL. Sorry laides, here's Lana though, I hear she's bi. -_-

I never knew about that being in the Community Blog, only discovered it now. Again, like with Theron and his backstory largely explained in the Annihilation novel this could have been the perfect material for a dialogue scene with Lana or multiple. Perhaps we would have gone to Hoth to attend to some unfinished business Lana has there or maybe something she lost on the planet. In any case, there was a lot of opportunities to give the romanceable companions in the game a lot more depth despite the fact they already got some screentime and we got to know them. The dialogue scenes like in the original game with the companions would have simply added a new layer to that, creating more immersion for the story as well as enjoyment.

Like if they can do Mass Effect romances so amazing, then this should have been easypeasy for the story team. It's just that the resources necessary for this were put into other stuff than in my opinion didn't necessarily had to be put into the game.

I totally agree. And Lana actually did have unfinished business - apparently there was a ceasefire and when the Imperial moff (I think) wouldn't honor it, she cut off his hand to punish him. It would have been interesting to see if he held a grudge all those years and if Lana had to deal with him later. But they didn't bother.

And I would be all for flashback cut scenes with both Lana and Theron. There are so many missed opportunities.

I don't think this is the end for our dear boy, but I also think leaving it hanging like this for months is a real mean thing to do since we're not going to have him during that time. That freaking sucks because it's TOTAL DEJA VU. I guess if you only use him for a crafting mule, it doesn't matter if you can get him from the terminal (if you can even do that) but having him do all that in the story and then being able to summon him for heroics is going to be a bit weird.

Also, who knows if they'll even bring him back in a few months? Many of our original LI's are still not back, even thought they planned to bring them back in a meaningful way through the story. Oh well, plans change, we'll bring him back through an Alliance Alert in 2018 LOL. Sorry laides, here's Lana though, I hear she's bi. -_-

It's why I sincerely hope Charles will make good on his promise and add a male Force User to romance for female toons. That is utterly and desperately needed. Not sure if it should be Arcann, but Scourge or Cytherat are excellent candidates. Or a new and fresh face, like the son of Darth Marr? People would love the connection I am sure and there would be a lot of story opportunities with such a character and love interest.

If there's an option to save the traitor and any other LIs that are endangered - I guess that is all we can ask for at this point. Up until now there's always been an option to save any LI at risk (even in the Vette/Torian thing, it was awful, but there wasn't going to be a situation where a player had romanced both on the same character - so you could always save the love interest). I dearly, sincerely hope that they will continue that trend and there will always be a save option.

But I truly hope that in saving them, it won't require the player to forgive abusive behavior.

Sorry I can't resist:

I could live a with an extended cliffhanger if we get the lovely Jonas Balkar to distract us and pass the waiting time.;)

Sorry I can't resist:

I could live a with an extended cliffhanger if we get the lovely Jonas Balkar to distract us and pass the waiting time.;)

I can live with an extended cliffhanger if I KNOW it's a cliffhanger. As it is, I don't have the same faith in the devs/writing team you do. It is extremely unlikely that I will bother to play Umbara at all until the next story update afterwards and we find out (hopefully) then.

Heck, I've only taken 2 out of my many that have completed KotFE/KotET through the Iokath story because they originally said our choice there would affect which returning companions would rejoin us.

Sorry I can't resist:

I suppose, I too, could live with that. :D It would be almost like my fanfiction come true. And then I'd have a real problem deciding an ending for it, more so than I do already lol. But hey, you have to do what you have to do.

Give me Balkar, or give me death! Ok, maybe not death, but you get what I mean. :p:o

I can live with an extended cliffhanger if I KNOW it's a cliffhanger. As it is, I don't have the same faith in the devs/writing team you do. It is extremely unlikely that I will bother to play Umbara at all until the next story update afterwards and we find out (hopefully) then.

Heck, I've only taken 2 out of my many that have completed KotFE/KotET through the Iokath story because they originally said our choice there would affect which returning companions would rejoin us.

I agree, if we just knew...if we could trust them. But I don't. My trust is not great at the best of times and it's gone out the window here. I worry that they'll change their vision/direction and end it like a piece of crap. I remember that they said, 'oh we'll return all the companions in meaningful ways to the story and to the player relationship' and I took that to mean all the returning basic speaking comps would get a chapter of their own like freaking Kaliyo did.:mad: I certainly didn't expect that they would chintz out and return LI's through the Alliance Alert. And at this point, Kira, Jaesa and Ashara better come back through an AA, or I won't be responsible. :mad::eek:

I guess I should get the word 'sucker' stamped on my forehead...I'll stick it out to see what they do, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm putting them on notice...they're on thin ice with me and if they handle this poorly I'm done. For good.

There's only so much I can take and they've been pushing hard...the death of Marr, the fact that Satele still breathes...the poor return of Quinn...the even poorer return of a future LI I love and this traitor business.

Let's just say, I've gone from being heartbroken to being wary and skittish where the writing team is concerned.

Edited by Lunafox

Sorry I can't resist:

Hey, if a surprise distraction comes out, I won't be mad. I am sith, after all, I follow my passions. I'm sure "he" won't mind after the stunt he's (hopefully) going to pull.

I never was really into Jonas, though. I'm more of force user kind of girl. Maybe they'll cause a flash flood by releasing a surprise Scourge chapter. Surprise! He's fixed! Surprise! He's super playersexual (after 300 years, can you blame a guy?) :D

Hey, if a surprise distraction comes out, I won't be mad. I am sith, after all, I follow my passions. I'm sure "he" won't mind after the stunt he's (hopefully) going to pull.

I never was really into Jonas, though. I'm more of force user kind of girl. Maybe they'll cause a flash flood by releasing a surprise Scourge chapter. Surprise! He's fixed! Surprise! He's super playersexual (after 300 years, can you blame a guy?) :D

I could definitely get into that as well. I've been hoping they'd do right be Scourge as well, he's been ignored for too long. No one puts baby in a corner.

But at the rate they're going, I'll be amazed if they even given him an AA. I feel like we're being punished. "Oh, you didn't like Quinn's return? Well, take THAT. Nyeah."

I could definitely get into that as well. I've been hoping they'd do right be Scourge as well, he's been ignored for too long. No one puts baby in a corner.

But at the rate they're going, I'll be amazed if they even given him an AA. I feel like we're being punished. "Oh, you didn't like Quinn's return? Well, take THAT. Nyeah."

I am slightly baffled still Scourge isn't in the story though, I mean it's so incredibly heavy focused on the Sith Emperor in his form of Vitiate. KotET and Nathema would have been the utmost perfect moment to add him in. Really we got such a backstory for him in the Revan novel, he was heavily featured at the last chapter of the Jedi Knight story and then at the most crucial story development surrounding Vitiate/Valkorion, he is absolutely nowhere to be seen.

I truly wouldn't mind a Scourge romance, I realise it would be very difficult due to his immortality-condition and the nasty side effects of it. Still, if written properly it could work, just no magical "the power of love will heal you!". If Scourge doesn't feel anything let that be, just figure a way around that or even use it as part of the romance. Him just wanting his LI to be happy and safe even though he doesn't feel anything seems to me like true love, it's rather really selfless.