How does our feedback work

Icykill_

Two thumbs up. Upvote. All of that.

Player is crit by Reposted Wall Of Text. Player Dies from 9182745369 damage.

Seriously, wtb more users of spoiler tags in reposts.

Edited by Kaveat

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote that before making coffee, and seeing I enjoy reading, I usually don't think about adding a TL;DR option to my posts. More so not when I didn't have coffee yet. I usually don't miss them on other people's long posts either. I get why people like condensed material, but I simply don't. That often makes me forget adding something.

I'll keep it in mind for future use though. My point, however, still stands.

No need to condense what you wrote for the few people who are too lazy to read. It's an indication of a poor attention span, not on your ability to provide a "TL;DR". It's why this generation relies on emojies and "lols" to communicate. Personally. I think it's a tragedy.

• Virtually all of the comments in our discussion threads

--Keith-

I probably won't get a direct response from you but can you pass along to the art team that something is wrong with the Dark Disciple vestments from the dark side token vendor, I totally love this armor set but its all blotchy and super glossy (and its not my graphics, I hear other ppl have the same problem) atleast for body type 1 its covered in white specs, its weird because in the preview window it doesn't show any of it until you actually put it on. its almost like someone sharpened the textures to +9000 or something.

Also, can you pass along to art team that some hairstyles need true black (#10 on the hair color style) a lot of the newer styles have a weird green tint compared to the original hair styles that were able to be in true black.

I know these sound low priority but it would be cool to see some of these lil bugs addressed sometime in the future.

Edited by DenariusJay

No need to condense what you wrote for the few people who are too lazy to read. It's an indication of a poor attention span, not on your ability to provide a "TL;DR". It's why this generation relies on emojies and "lols" to communicate. Personally. I think it's a tragedy.

Not necessarily. It can also be an indication of an uninteresting or unnecessary wall of text. I am used to read and write long, uninteresting and unnecessary texts. In the case of the text you defend, I stopped after two paragraphs, because I realised it is not worth my time. A TL;DR would have maybe shown me that I missed something interesting and would have made me skim the text. Maybe.

M I can tell you this though, and I know it's not fair because you don't know what was planned, but the end of the year changes are very different today than they were just a few weeks ago. We did that based on various internal discussions, feedback from sources Musco listed, determining what was a priority, and the impact to schedule based on what we could/wanted to deliver.

Now I am really curious about what the original plan was. :D

I'm so tired of hearing you guys complain about hearing us complain. You know when I didn't have time to complain? Rise of the hutt cartel. I wonder why that was?

You were too busy fighting the thousands of annoying mobs every 5 meter along the way? The thing many players complained about again and again, until they cleared the paths and lowered the regulator population to 1/3 or something?

He isn't saying that every complaint gets ignored, nor is he complaining or whining about mean people saying mean things.

He's saying that non-constructive complaints aren't that useful as feedback tools, so he tends to pay less attention to them. You wanna deliver feedback with some anger and vitriol, go right ahead, but don't expect the devs to pay extra attention to your posts unless they contain something actually constructive.

We tried that already. So far it got us 2 years of story chapters and RNG. If they wanted constructive critism then they should have took it before they ruined the game.

We tried that already. So far it got us 2 years of story chapters and RNG. If they wanted constructive critism then they should have took it before they ruined the game.

You tried that with a different game director, perhaps give this one a chance before unleashing your frustrations on him.

Edited by Eli_Porter

You tried that with a different game director, perhaps give this one a chance before unleashing your frustrations on him.

Gladly. As soon as they give me my $540 bones back. Till then I paid for it.

Not necessarily. It can also be an indication of an uninteresting or unnecessary wall of text. I am used to read and write long, uninteresting and unnecessary texts. In the case of the text you defend, I stopped after two paragraphs, because I realised it is not worth my time.

Of course it's not worth your time. It was a response to a specific person on the 11th page of a post, and it contained mostly information and personal opinion that was stated on this forum time and time again. "Interesting" is what I'd aim for if my post was supposed to open a thread, start a new discussion about a certain topic/issue, or suggest a new gameplay mechanic/enhancement.

If you have been around for more than three months, or have been here at any point during 4.0 or 5.0, you'll have heard the "factual" stuff in there a thousand times. The opinion stuff doesn't really matter.

And that's what skimming a text is for, and why TL;DR are a completely useless phenomenon for myself. I read the first sentence of every paragraph. I don't read an entire wall of text paragraph by paragraph to decipher the rough meaning/information/opinion of the person writing it. First sentences only, and you have maybe 2 paragraphs to read for the most crucial information. If I want to discuss it, I'll read further. If the topic is a "meh" topic for me, I don't and discard it. I'd agree that it's far too uninteresting if this was supposed to open a meaningful discussion about issues or was a broad thread-starter for suggestions. But with things like this, I don't need interesting. I can read the first paragraphs and find out whether I want to argue the case or whether I agree by skimming in a "first-line-jump" manner. You can actually read only the first two sentences of each paragraph and get my entire argumentation and reason. No need to bother with the entire wall.

Edited by Alssaran

Gladly. As soon as they give me my $540 bones back. Till then I paid for it.

That's not how subscriptions for this game work.

Don't expect $15 a month to guarantee the developmental changes you want.

Edited by Eli_Porter

That's not how subscriptions for this game work.

Don't expect $15 a month to guarantee the developmental changes you want.

Right. And I understand that. But for the 15 they are going to hear about it if it doesn't deliver.

Even though it's not perfect, it is no longer the primary means of gearing up, but the changes we implemented allow every level 70 character to obtain BiS gear without doing Operations. I disagree with the notion we should rip it out now, but I do agree we can still improve upon it and will continue to do so.

---Keith

Keith, I feel I need to make a point here. Even though every character can now obtain BiS gear outside of OPs, it doesn't help the plight of the "pvp only" player.

Sure we can gear in pvp, that's a given, but it is much slower than OPs and there is already a massive gear gap in pvp.

I only pvp, it's why I still play the game after 5 years. Most dedicated pvpers want skill vs skill pvp, not gear vs gear. It's why you had the great pvp gearing system prior to 5.x and you'd perfected during 4.x. Bolster was set so you could be competive as you entered pvp and until you got your reg pvp gear, which was fast. The gap between reg and ranked pvp gear was small and still made for skill vs skill pvp with minimal gear issues. Even back then gear at the top lvl bolstered over its lvl. You could see a definite difference when you entered a WZ and your ranked gear increased in stats. This is what is needed at the moment for pvp.

After 5.0 launched you guys had Bolster set at 250. That appeared to be similar to the old system and the 250 Bolster worked. Pvp was about skill vs skill and not gear vs gear. People who still had the highest gear had better stats, but the stat difference was small. When you guys nerfed it, you created a noticeable gear gap.

Why is this a problem? I'm glad you asked.

Because it is not fun pvping and getting ground up like mince meat, match after match because some people had taken the quicker root of gearing in OPs. It's also not fun grinding with such a big gap.

This is an issue for anyone who just enters lvl 70 pvp in the lowest bracket, wether it's someone who just reached lvl 70 or someone with an alt. This has actually driven some dedicated pvpers out of the game or encouraged them not play lvl 70 or not to lvl alts.The pvp gear gap is real and the grind isn't just a gear grind like OPs, it's actually ruining people's experience.

I understand why the gear takes longer to get through pvp and I know you want to make CXP gearing relevant. But the gearing can still be relevant without the gear gap. People can still obtain their gear through pvp to play pve content like OPs.

Pvpers don't need a gear incentive to play more pvp or stay subscribed, we arent players like raiders who are progression based on gear and we never have been. We pvp purely for the joy of pitting our skills against each other, most of us would do it naked without gear. All the current system has done is make us not want to play because the joy of skill vs skill has gone.

One solution that still makes the current gear system viable is to put Bolster back to 250. People would then have less of a gear gap to contend with. The people with BiS would also still be rewarded and have higher stats, as demonstrated with the old pvp gearing-Bolster in 4.x and also demonstrated in the 5.0 launch window when it was 250.

So Please Keith... look at putting Bolster back up to close the gear gap... make pvp fun again and skill vs skill... gear vs gear is not person vs person combat.

Edited by Icykill_

I'll keep it in mind for future use though. My point, however, still stands.

Which was what? TLDR remember?

I got up to "I'm super qualified to use the forums" and stopped reading and that was before I even realized it was too long. :p

Pretty sure "Personally" isn't a sentence in and of itself? What would I know though, I've got the attention of a gold fish apparently.

Not necessarily. It can also be an indication of an uninteresting or unnecessary wall of text. I am used to read and write long, uninteresting and unnecessary texts. In the case of the text you defend, I stopped after two paragraphs, because I realised it is not worth my time. A TL;DR would have maybe shown me that I missed something interesting and would have made me skim the text. Maybe.

^This.

Also previous experience with the poster reminds me that responses turn into further walls of text that in turn become rather non-sensical and "you're wrong, I'm right".

I don't think I could do that to myself again, especially after he ran away after our last discussion and I put some reasonable time into that. :(

That happens all the time, but you may never notice. I can tell you this though, and I know it's not fair because you don't know what was planned, but the end of the year changes are very different today than they were just a few weeks ago. We did that based on various internal discussions, feedback from sources Musco listed, determining what was a priority, and the impact to schedule based on what we could/wanted to deliver.

Does that help?

---Keith

Would it be possible for us to have a genuine example of that, even if it is from something a few years back.

So we can see a) what was planned, b) what feedback was received, c) how that feedback led to changes, d) what was actually released.

You want this game to succeed.

EA wants this game to succeed.

We want this game to succeed.

Anything that enables us ALL to better work together toward that is surely beneficial to all of us.

All The Best

Let me guess here: MeNaCe made three responses in a row that in any shape or form attack three different people, and even when he agrees with one person, he uses it as an instance to attack another?

I have him on ignore, but I don't even need to read his responses to know that he's complaining about me or others (as he so often does with many people he previously heavily disagreed on), uses ad hominem on us, and then goes on to pat himself on the back for being the only one worthy of discussion and who does it right?

I've been ignoring him for the past two years now. The guy always feels attacked, seems to get the wrong idea about people, and then uses one-sentence ad hominem whenever he can.

Edited by Alssaran

^This.

Also previous experience with the poster reminds me that responses turn into further walls of text that in turn become rather non-sensical and "you're wrong, I'm right".

I don't think I could do that to myself again, especially after he ran away after our last discussion and I put some reasonable time into that. :(

Easy solution, stop posting 😉

Easy solution, stop posting 😉

He won't.

The last time I spoke to him was one and a half to two years ago. We spoke in an age old thread for an entire week. After I said in that thread that we might as well agree to disagree because both of us were just going in circles and just not going to agree with each other, I found him in another post advocating how I had "ran away".

He never stops posting. Which wouldn't be an issue. He had quite the interesting content sometimes. He just takes people who heavily disagree with him too much into ad hominem territory, and then is surprised when people do it in turn, and he believes people think they believe themselves "inherently right" when it's just subjective taste. That's a very difficult thing to quantify as right or wrong.

Edited by Alssaran

He won't.

The last time I spoke to him was one and a half to two years ago. We spoke in an age old thread for an entire week. After I said in that thread that we might as well agree to disagree because both of us were just going in circles and just not going to agree with each other, I found him in another post advocating how I had "ran away".

He never stops posting. Which wouldn't be an issue. He had quite the interesting content sometimes. He just takes people who heavily disagree with him too much into ad hominem territory, and then is surprised when people do it in turn, and he believes people think they believe themselves "inherently right" when it's just subjective taste. That's a very difficult thing to quantify as right or wrong.

I wasn't referring to them and your posting as well doesn't help

I wasn't referring to them and your posting as well doesn't help

That's true. I'm sorry. It seems my emotions regarding him took the better of me. I'll not edit it out because I don't very much care to appear to delete evidence, but I'll leave it up as a referrence of why I am apologizing. Again, terribly sorry.

He won't.

Ah the ole "I have him on ignore but I don't really" routine, classic. :)

Would it be possible for us to have a genuine example of that, even if it is from something a few years back.

So we can see a) what was planned, b) what feedback was received, c) how that feedback led to changes, d) what was actually released.

You want this game to succeed.

EA wants this game to succeed.

We want this game to succeed.

Anything that enables us ALL to better work together toward that is surely beneficial to all of us.

All The Best

Whilst I doubt Keith can comment on his predecessors you are right in it would be nice to see this example he speaks of.

Just like - "Hey we had planned this but now this is our current plans" or at the very least a "I can't say right now because it would spoil what we have in store but I'll give this example once we are safe to announce the surprise" and of course actually give it and not conveniently forget it.

As beyond the whole "spoiling a surprise" part, there seems no reason not to give this example in detail?

Original plan was probably: Command rank 400. Then 500, then eventually 600.

which makes the whole system redundant. just how many more levels will it take for someone to look at it and say to the rest, okay, let's stop doing this, there are 1,000 levels already, it's becoming so pointless and a repetitive grind and the reward for such a thing has been completely oversaturated to the point it's not a reward any more, it's more a chore. we need to look at this whole system and find a way of making it better or getting rid of it for something simpler.

more often than not i see some games with cmplicated systems that build up lots of different currencies that need to be collected and it becomes too much that eventually it made pointless and needs to be simplfied once again where it starts over again.

this system doesn't need 1,000 levels, it only needs 100 and a much longer grind to get each level, simplify the content and double it up or even triple it up, make the chance value more forgiving to get rare stuff and even rarer gear and it becomes very rewarding to get at. if there should be extra levels, then make it legacy wide but it can only be unlocked when one character has reached level 50 on the account, if it were made 200 levels requring grinding for each level to get progressively more and more harder to reach as it needs double the cxp per level.

so you start at level 1 and level 2 needs 25k cxp and level 3 needing 50k cxp, 100k, 200k, 400k and so on. eventually it becomes such a grind per level and if you managed to reach level 100 on top of the regular rewards you get an optional bonus as a mission completed item, for example a special weapon with an already slotted tuning and fairly high rated mods of legendary quality already slotted, for example a volatile conquerors lightsaber with an alignment tuning and 244 rated mods, it's a one time reward that's bound and legacy wide.

so by the time you reach level 200, you get another reward, something really top end, like an exclusive mount that can't be gotten anywhere except for the top level gc rank. something to really reward the players on top of the great gear to be found in each crate. but all of this would require rebalancing the cxp gains per kill, boost, missions and cxp drop rewards as well as scrapping loot from the crates, bring them back to a level where it would make sense, but not overly generous.

This way boosters and cxp weekends are very valauble to get, if there was the added increased chance for more rarer items from such cxp weekends it would drive players into getting these harder to reach crates with better rewards.

Edited by Celise

I have to say, this thread and others I have seen recently make me feel heartened. It would appear ever since Keith took over there's been a significant increase of communication towards the players here, with both Eric and Charles responding more too. Regardless of the answers they provide, I'm genuinely appreciative of their increased presence. So thank you from my end and I hope you guys will be able to keep moving forward on this path.

For Charles; Will we soon hear more about returning companions (and/or LIs), any who may be involved in the 'Crisis on Umbara' update coming in August? I'd love even the tiniest tease or a "Yes, two more will return in August", or whichever is appropriate along those lines. :) -- And thank you for taking note in the "Male Force User Companion" thread, really an unexpected and welcome surprise!

For Keith; As a player my main focus lies with story content, personally. Can you say whether the 'one story fits all' is now officially the way this game moves forward, story wise, or was that more for the KOTFE/KOTET expansion itself? And will we get another actual expansion (as in brand new story away from -) in the future or will we from now on continue to receive quarterly(?) updates/continuations to existing material?

Thank you. :)