Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why Do Female Characters Have Such Revealing Clothes?

Ylliarus

On 10/9/2023 at 2:58 AM, Bigfallenstar said:

No one's taking away your ability to see some pixelated butt. Calm down. Plus, SWTOR is sci-fi. Not fantasy. This isn't WOW where every other elf and goat character might as well be naked with the little clothing they wear to begin with. And for the record, just because it's fantasy, doesn't mean it has to have degenerate anime proportion fanservice.

You’ve been away from WoW for too long. They changed all those things you mentioned into fruit.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 4:04 PM, Ylliarus said:

I get what you say, but my examples were made to point out that there should have been two versions of the armour sets in the first place. Why force all female toons to have this version of the set and not include also an unrevealing set for the players that want their female toons to have the normal set male toons have. What I am talking about is the lack of choice for players. Of course there are other sets I can wear, but that is not the point. The point is that I'd like there to be more variety and more availability in choice regarding those particular armor sets and several others that have a female and male version.

Why.

As Steve has said there are plenty of other armour sets. No need for every one to have a second version.

Not sure how many different sets there are but it must  number in the hundreds. This is not unique to this game, have you never seen a picture of Darth Talon. Aayla Sesura?

Plenty of other sets so,  your point of "why force a female to wear" is just a none issue in real terms. As no one is forced to wear anything.  Also cannot help but notice you are not asking for the none releveling sets to have a revelling option. So kind of double-standards. 

Edited by Talleradax

On 6/15/2017 at 5:04 PM, Ylliarus said:

I get what you say, but my examples were made to point out that there should have been two versions of the armour sets in the first place. Why force all female toons to have this version of the set and not include also an unrevealing set for the players that want their female toons to have the normal set male toons have. What I am talking about is the lack of choice for players. Of course there are other sets I can wear, but that is not the point. The point is that I'd like there to be more variety and more availability in choice regarding those particular armor sets and several others that have a female and male version.

How about this: This is the artistic vision, and you have no say in it. That's it. If you're unhappy, you can just leave the game and play something else. Don't come here and complain about it. And if that's what keeps you awake at night, you should consider going to therapy.

I play another SW game called galaxy of heroes. Here are some examples of the skimpy female outfits that Lucas Arts have devised for those characters in SW canon. These are based on their historical descriptions or depictions in Star Wars animation, comics or books. 
As you’ll be able to see, they aren’t much different to styles we have in swtor. 

IMG_5697.jpeg

IMG_5696.jpeg

IMG_5698.jpeg

IMG_5700.jpeg

• Thanks 1

what is it with ancient ass posts being revived these past few days xD

anyway since we're reviving it might as well say my piece: you're not forced to wear it, god knows theres loads of non revealing female clothes, all females i play have non revealing clothes becuse it breaks my immersion as well, simply get non revealing ones if revealing ones bother you, you're not forced to wear revealing ones at all.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, turbomagnus said:

...Because the clothing industry in the galaxy is secretly controlled by the Hutt Cartel. It's all part of a secret part to eventually have every female in the galaxy dress like dancing/slave girls for the Hutts to drool over.

Slave Hutt Girl? 

IMG_5701.jpeg.eda398118cdabb179612cdc13dcd758d.jpeg

• Haha 8

i know the feeling , when you stand at a planet starting zone in your apprentice or work wear dirty clothing.

and a hot chick dressed as a  stripper from thailland bankok zooms past you on a mount you can never afford.

that feeling you get i can relate to.

1 hour ago, Jett-Rinn said:

Apparently, no one here has played a country-locked South Korean MMO...

There are several MMOs I won't even test run, due primarily for the one-sided and no choice options that put all fem toons into skimpy outfits.

Swtor is fine.  You have a choice to run skimpy (on male or fem toons) or not. 

I'd still like some of the fem toon only skimpy outfits that turn into fully clothed options on male toons to be reworked to a toggle (skimpy/not skimpy) for both male and fem toons, but it's hardly a priority. 

Also: where is the male slave outfit?  Come on Broadsword give us a cheap banana hammock and sandels already.

for males you can use the "prisoner headgear" for belsavis social gear (slave collar), the briefs (available on the fleet cartel market vendors downstairs), and the clandestine gear that is basically naked for a chest-piece. It's how I dressed Quinn after the "incident". 

I'm trying to understand the absurdity of this discussion about a game based on Hutts, slave girls in g-strings... and of course, the "flirt" option with the bonus prize of getting to do the dirty deed with some green/blue/red skinned alien guy/gal that may or may not have tentacles.

Out of all that... you guys are arguing about skimpy female clothing? O.o

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Burtringo said:

I'm trying to understand the absurdity of this discussion about a game based on Hutts, slave girls in g-strings... and of course, the "flirt" option with the bonus prize of getting to do the dirty deed with some green/blue/red skinned alien guy/gal that may or may not have tentacles.

Out of all that... you guys are arguing about skimpy female clothing? O.o

I couldn't help to laugh out loud at this!

+10

(nailed it)

Key word for this entire thread is the word "OPTIONAL" (and in case anyone still is wondering ... that means individual CHOICE).

IMO this game has as a VERY wide variety to choose from!  (Unless you're a Wookie).

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.