Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why Do Female Characters Have Such Revealing Clothes?

Ylliarus

4 hours ago, AbsolutGrndZero said:

I mean, he could have been.  Chiss who are force sensitive are shunned, there's no reason why he couldn't have found his place in the Empire. Chiss have always been the one alien species more or less respected, not shunned like every other alien.  Makes a hell of a lot more sense than him being a Twi'lek or Nautolan or such.  If he's Twi'lek, where are his lekku?   In the EU lore, lekku include part of the twi'lek nervous system and brain.  Shooting a twi'lek in their lekku is like shooting anaother humanoid in the head.   So, his mask? That's a freaking lobotomy on a twi'lek! 

Kallig's contenance hides the lekku on a twi'lek inquisitor too.  Just think of it as ancient sith invisibility/camouflage technology and it works.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AbsolutGrndZero said:

I mean, he could have been.  Chiss who are force sensitive are shunned, there's no reason why he couldn't have found his place in the Empire. Chiss have always been the one alien species more or less respected, not shunned like every other alien.  Makes a hell of a lot more sense than him being a Twi'lek or Nautolan or such.  If he's Twi'lek, where are his lekku?   In the EU lore, lekku include part of the twi'lek nervous system and brain.  Shooting a twi'lek in their lekku is like shooting anaother humanoid in the head.   So, his mask? That's a freaking lobotomy on a twi'lek! 

But the Chiss didn't even existed when Kallig was alive, they were humans who adapted to the harsh conditions of Csilla and Hoth, so Kallig couldn't possibly be a Chiss himself. 

But since Chiss and humans can procreate, I consider my Inquisitor the offspring of a Human father ( a descendant of Kallig) and a Chiss mother. I'm not sure that would be lore-accurate tho. 

On 8/22/2023 at 10:16 PM, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Kallig's contenance hides the lekku on a twi'lek inquisitor too.  Just think of it as ancient sith invisibility/camouflage technology and it works.

I mean if you HAVE to come up with a reason, sure.  But its more a case of them not taking player race into account, even more annoying is they continued to not do so except in a few few circumstances, like a Chiss Agent has special dialogue.  But what really annoys me is they didn't even bother to change it so that Aric Jorgan isn't a total moron when you romance him as a female cathar.  Cathar cannot have children with other cathar, and you aren't cathar.  He tells you this.  Even if you are cathar.  While I would understand not bringing the voice actor in just for that, they could have changed the dialogue when they brought him back for Knights of the Fallen Empire.  Same as they could have made Kallig have lekku if you as the player did, even more so with helmets.  While the clipping is bad on outfits like the dancer hats, at least they HAVE clipping for lekku.  The fact that most other hats do not is very annoying.  Epsecially now with the outfit designer, we need more non-human friendly clothing. 

I’ve been rewatching all Star Wars movies, TV & animation shows. There is a lot of revealing clothing across the entire IP. So having them in the game is just following the precedence in the movies, TV & animation shows. And that’s not even including the comic or book covers which also include revealing cloths. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I’ve been rewatching all Star Wars movies, TV & animation shows. There is a lot of revealing clothing across the entire IP. So having them in the game is just following the precedence in the movies, TV & animation shows. And that’s not even including the comic or book covers which also include revealing cloths. 

It's a matter of taste (when it gets right down to it).  Some things work really well (female wearing an elegant evening dress) ... and something just don't ( a Jawa wearing a slave girl outfit) !

For whatever it's worth you are quite correct.

1 hour ago, juanmf said:

I'll do you one better: Why Female BH has that girly run with her blaster when the Male run is more action-like?

Have you not watched the way Bo-Katan walks & runs in The Mandalorian? It’s very feminine & if you ask me, very sexy 😊

Edited by TrixxieTriss

2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Have you not watched the way Bo-Katan walks & runs in The Mandalorian? It’s very feminine & if you ask me, very sexy 😊

To be completely honest, I wasn't quite paying attention to her walks and runs lol

4 hours ago, DrDrinking said:

Completely agree. I have revealing clothes on one of mine of characters. For the most part I want normal clothing options too!

You have plenty of regular clothing options, the majority of outfits cover male and female toons the same amount. 

The only time the 'class rewards are tank tops for fem toons only' was an issue was before we had outfitter.  Now you wear whatever you want to.

6 hours ago, DrDrinking said:

Completely agree. I have revealing clothes on one of mine of characters. For the most part I want normal clothing options too!

Operative word:  OPTIONS!!   And IMO that is the one thing that SWTOR does have an abundance of when it comes to clothing / gear. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

Operative word:  OPTIONS!!   And IMO that is the one thing that SWTOR does have an abundance of when it comes to clothing / gear. 

And that's a good thing. Nothing wrong with the occasional spicy space barbie ;)

Nothing wrong with head to toe covered peeps either... or the potato sack ones.

Just add moar of everything plz! :D

On 8/31/2023 at 7:35 AM, TrixxieTriss said:

Indeed. I started rewatching the clone wars animated series few weeks ago while waiting for the Ahsoka series and i have to say that there's some skimpy clothed females in that series. Like Ventress or even Ahsoka... and she was how old when she was introduced, 13-14? Her outfit is definitely spicy for someone that young. So as our characters in this game are all supposed to be adults, I don't see anything wrong with having some more revealing stuff available.

I probably mentioned it earlier in this or some similar thread, but what i'd like to have more is classy upper body clothes with open back for females and more sleeveless shirts and jackets for both. There's plenty of middriff bearing stuff and side/under b**b stuff but not much sleeveless stuff without some accessories or separated sleeves on your arms that you cant get rid of. And i don't know if there's anything with open back.

And there should definitely be more pants that go over the boots. As far as i know there's only one set of pants in game at the moment that go over the boots and those are the (super cool) disco pants from the Lando Calrissian set (don't remember the actual name of that set).

And i'd like all of the above WITHOUT buttflaps and loincloths please :D

Edited by Rujopetteri
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rujopetteri said:

but what i'd like to have more is classy upper body clothes with open back for females and more sleeveless shirts and jackets for both

There are some like that. But there could definitely be more. I’ve collected just about every outfit up to 7.x era. It really comes down to mixing & matching different pieces. Just make sure you have the covert sets so you have the options for no wrists, gloves, belt, feet, chest or bottom. That way you can avoid clipping with some outfits & keep bear the parts you want too. 

• 1 month later...

Maybe we need a prude filter so that "revealing" outfits are not shown to those who do not want to see them?  Personally, apart from the slave girl outfit there is really very little that is more revealing than what you see on the high street of most any western city.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tantala said:

Personally, apart from the slave girl outfit there is really very little that is more revealing than what you see on the high street of most any western city.

I don't think you'd see many women (outside of certain types of ... dubious, let's say, establishments) wearing something like Exquisite Dancer(1), Imperial Dancer, Magnificent Dancer(1), Republic Dancer, Stylish Dancer, or the various Reveller sets, all(2) of which have about the same coverage as Slave Girl.

But yeah, if I saw a woman wearing something similar to Mira's/Mantellian Privateer/Casual Connoisseur's (for example) on the high street, I would be surprised the most by the bulky boots.

(1) Both of these are little more than four strategically placed triangles of cloth linked by not very much.

(2) OK, Imperial Dancer covers more of the legs, but they are all more or less the same coverage above the belt.

News Flash!

SWToR is a Fantasy GAME, it is not a representation of REAL life or the world.

Please Keep your Righteous Morality and Prudish Ideals out of it.

If you Don't like the way I dress or don't dress my Characters, then DON'T look.

If I want my Fantasy Characters to walk around nearly naked it is MY choice.

It is Not your place to tell me otherwise.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, denavin said:

News Flash!

SWToR is a Fantasy GAME, it is not a representation of REAL life or the world.

Please Keep your Righteous Morality and Prudish Ideals out of it.

If you Don't like the way I dress or don't dress my Characters, then DON'T look.

If I want my Fantasy Characters to walk around nearly naked it is MY choice.

It is Not your place to tell me otherwise.

No one's taking away your ability to see some pixelated butt. Calm down. Plus, SWTOR is sci-fi. Not fantasy. This isn't WOW where every other elf and goat character might as well be naked with the little clothing they wear to begin with. And for the record, just because it's fantasy, doesn't mean it has to have degenerate anime proportion fanservice.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bigfallenstar said:

And for the record, just because it's fantasy, doesn't mean it has to have degenerate anime proportion fanservice.

And that is the Self Righteous Morality Prudish attitude I am talking about.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.