Do EA/Bioware Employees Play SWTOR?

MingusPho

As you can see, Keith and I both play SWTOR, but play in vastly different ways – just like all of you. I think that raises a great final point: we’re building a game for all player types. We not only monitor player feedback (including our own experiences), but we monitor trends and data as well. All of this combined is what shapes what we do every day. Our goal has and will always be to make the best Star Wars experience we can for all of our players – including ourselves ;).

-eric

What about Galactic Starfighter? There is an amazing following on Harbinger. Have anyone on staff enjoyed playing some of those huge 12 v 12 match ups over there? I ask because it is without a doubt the most fun I've ever had playing ever aspect of SWTOR in 5 years.

Would be nice to see eric play an operation in the next stream session. :rak_03:

"Wait, what, everyone had told me to not stand in stupid, why are they telling me to run through the green circle for this boss?"

:o

Edited by EzioMessi

I on the other hand have 2 characters at max level and none of them at Command Rank 300.

When I am not on the GTN I am usually grinding up reps, running Heroics, or leveling alts.

Well I guess this proves that even Eric hates GC and thinks leveling toons to 70 and thus having to repeat SoR,Kotfe and Kotet is too boring to bear doing. ;)

Give Keith some time, man, he has only just stepped into his new position. I am sure he knows what the player base trends are.

Coming up on three months now. Though generally I agree.

Edited by stoopicus

This is a great question, and a very common one. In short, the team absolutely plays SWTOR!...
Thank you for that answer. Based on the details in it, the following might be better asked of Keith, but still...

• Does one of you have a Telekinesis Sage or Lightning Sorceror you've played in the last 6 months? PvP, Ops or other group activity? Or MM KotFE / KotET chapters?

• Did you team up with a Telekinesis Sage or Lightning Sorceror and notice anything about their performance?

• Did you PvP against a Telekinesis Sage or Lightning Sorceror and notice anything about their performance?

Can you share details on what you used as inputs in deciding to not pick Telekinesis and Lightning as the first Disciplines to fix (they're broken, no softer description will do justice to their current state). The following are sources you mentioned as being used by you in this post I'm quoting. "All of this combined is what shapes what we do every day."

• What player feedback and from where

• Your own experiences

• The trends and data you monitor

To not start with fixing these Disciplines looks like an extraordinary decision from where we the players are sitting. So, I believe it is not unreasonable to ask for these details on how such a decision was arrived at.

Edited by mike_carton

But, do they have ANY employees or testers with visual impairments issues (of differing types).?

Probably not seeing as how I can tell from the game.

I am willing to best a tester/consultant, just need several perks of my choosing to sign on board :)

This is a great question, and a very common one. In short, the team absolutely plays SWTOR!

Let's go into a little more detail though. Keep in mind we not only play on the live servers, it is very common that we play internally as well. Coincidentally, we have a studio-wide playtest of the Umbara Flashpoint later today. These playtests serve as early tests of upcoming content so we can give feedback as players, and give our perspective from our job roles.

Now, playing on live is something different. One thing I think is often forgotten is we are all just regular players. We come from all walks of life and have vastly different play styles. Contrary to popular belief, we are not all progression Nightmare Operation top 96 PvPers :) (although a few of us just might be...).

Here are two examples from players that you know, Keith and I. Keith currently has 4 characters at Command Rank 300, and another 12+ characters at max level or close. He plays almost every type of content in the game and really enjoys running Operations and other group content.

I on the other hand have 2 characters at max level and none of them at Command Rank 300. I play quite a bit but spend most of my time just playing the GTN as I am an avid collector of Mounts, titles, and rare items. When I am not on the GTN I am usually grinding up reps, running Heroics, or leveling alts. My days of progression Ops are behind me.

As you can see, Keith and I both play SWTOR, but play in vastly different ways – just like all of you. I think that raises a great final point: we’re building a game for all player types. We not only monitor player feedback (including our own experiences), but we monitor trends and data as well. All of this combined is what shapes what we do every day. Our goal has and will always be to make the best Star Wars experience we can for all of our players – including ourselves ;).

-eric

If you are such a gtn lover why do players still suffer from preview gear bugg? Iam pretty tired of seeing my chars being ghosts or black or even worse when i preview gear from gtn. I always forced to roll my mouth's wheel back because when i previewing my gear it actually shows my character too close to it instead of showing it with normal distance

If you are such a gtn lover why do players still suffer from preview gear bugg? Iam pretty tired of seeing my chars being ghosts or black or even worse when i preview gear from gtn. I always forced to roll my mouth's wheel back because when i previewing my gear it actually shows my character too close to it instead of showing it with normal distance

Maybe he doesn't preview items. He may just look in collections, see what he hasn't collected and then purchases said item. Just because he collects from.the GTN doesn't mean he previews everything.

Out of curiosity, where are you doing your previewing when you get blacked out? (The character being too close is a separate, newer bug.). I mostly preview from my Nar Shaddaa strongholds on Shadowlands & Harbinger and I haven't had that bug in months. The last time it was a problem for me was when I previewed gear on Odessen. Same day in my stronghold it was fine. I was just doing a lot of previewing on the Shadowlands Republic fleet with no blacking out either.

Maybe all the hamsters from Bioware's servers are being forced to spin the wheel for Eric's GTN collection alone, so us players don't get working previews in our GTN collector hunts? :eek:

It's not just the GTN, it's any vendor with gear or companion customization. Heck, even some of the comp customs don't even preview and all I get are just their weapons showing.

Thank you for that answer. Based on the details in it, the following might be better asked of Keith, but still...

• Does one of you have a Telekinesis Sage or Lightning Sorceror you've played in the last 6 months? PvP, Ops or other group activity? Or MM KotFE / KotET chapters?

• Did you team up with a Telekinesis Sage or Lightning Sorceror and notice anything about their performance?

• Did you PvP against a Telekinesis Sage or Lightning Sorceror and notice anything about their performance?

Can you share details on what you used as inputs in deciding to not pick Telekinesis and Lightning as the first Disciplines to fix (they're broken, no softer description will do justice to their current state). The following are sources you mentioned as being used by you in this post I'm quoting. "All of this combined is what shapes what we do every day."

• What player feedback and from where

• Your own experiences

• The trends and data you monitor

To not start with fixing these Disciplines looks like an extraordinary decision from where we the players are sitting. So, I believe it is not unreasonable to ask for these details on how such a decision was arrived at.

Keep in mind that your observations are your own. Please refrain from posting your opinion and presenting it as fact.

Also, you don't speak for me, so please refrain from saying things like "we the players". It would be better and more truthful instead if you were to simply represent yourself and anyone who has given you direct permission to speak for them. You are not my spokesperson.

Keep in mind that your observations are your own. Please refrain from posting your opinion and presenting it as fact.

Also, you don't speak for me, so please refrain from saying things like "we the players". It would be better and more truthful instead if you were to simply represent yourself and anyone who has given you direct permission to speak for them. You are not my spokesperson.

Didn't know you? that anyone could speak for "the masses" on a forum! :D

Edited by TyonYlle

Telekinetics/Lightning underperforming isn't exactly an "opinion" issue. They are among the lowest parsing specs I believe, and parses aren't a matter of opinion. They also have significantly weaker kiting and defensive ability than their tankier counterparts Arsenal/Gunnery and their "burst" literally hits for less than some classes' gap filler attacks do. That's actually a fact, a Sentinel's Blade Rush outside a Precision window hits harder than all of a sages attacks except a Turbulence autocrit.

So no, Telekinetics/Lightning is FACTUALLY underperforming, and the person you're replying to is in fact the spokesperson for everyone when they say that we want all classes to at least be viable enough for all content in the game.

As you can see, Keith and I both play SWTOR, but play in vastly different ways – just like all of you.

-eric

So what you're saying is, Keith plays it the right way and you don't...right? ;)

Do any of the players you or Keith play with, actually know who you are? Do you PuG groups or mostly run with set people (a guild or just friends)? Do you use voice chat at all for group content??

Our goal has and will always be to make the best Star Wars experience we can for all of our players

-eric

Then how about doing something to add the most iconid and timeless star wars outfit into the game? It's not much to ask.. All of our players? I feel sooo excluded. :(

• 3 months later...

From four months ago:

Here are two examples from players that you know, Keith and I. Keith currently has 4 characters at Command Rank 300, and another 12+ characters at max level or close. He plays almost every type of content in the game and really enjoys running Operations and other group content.

-eric

Keith plays the game a lot, if you think the daily bug was anything other than complementary to his list of 300's you're probably mistaken. Personally I have almost 10 rank 300's, and just one of them used the daily bug to reach 300.