Discussion Topic: Class Changes This Summer

EricMusco

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also no mention of PT tank either :(

At the least gimmie something to replace the worthless Transpose. Heck just let me at least Transpose people in vehicles. :/

Agreed! Right now Transpose is good for literally nothing other than trolling people in groups, and due to the channel it's not even particularly good at that!

Sad to see that Sharpshooter/Marksmanship won't be in the first round of balance passes. I was hoping they would get a buff to damage and or mobility. I guess I'll have to wait and hope they're included in the next round. Edited by LeeThorogood

The fact that lightning and marksmanship (as basically everyone has said) aren't mentioned for getting a buff is pretty bad. Whatever your metrics tell you through parsing for lightning, I'd gladly discuss how these are misleading in private. Both have been severely under-performing and until 248 gear was introduced were terrible for master mode operations. Powertech tanks could also do with a buff, as mentioned mercs currently make better tanks. Just something to help their survivability and ability to maintain aggro at the very least (the second I've found to be less of a problem). Virulence I would personally say isn't in a bad spot, however changes to how takedown is used would be nice. Please don't break this discipline.

Burst and Dot Merc on the list, but not the healer spec....

Please tell me that your balance will not be to nerf merc damage instead of just pulling off some of their dcd's.

They are not top DPS nor at the bottom of that chart, so imo they dont have to touch their damageoutput.

Had a discussion with some mates and that's what we think would be a good dcd nerf.

- Make a utility for using responsive safeguard while in a stun (legendary tier). (e..g. juggs have to use a utility point too)

-remove some of the traumaregulator stacks

-put kolto surge utility into legendary tier. then all mercs have to decide if the wanna do damage on the run (thrill of the run utility) or be a bulwark, which can be easily kitet by any other class.

i'm surprised that Lightning / Tk is not on the list ..

Me too. My main is lightning and compared with my alts on the other specs lightning is just painful. The damage output is still terrible in both PvP and PvE and we are still the mercenary's favourite first target in PvP. Given that there's a whole thread on how bad lightning is I am very surprised we are being overlooked. Although I really hope they are not planning on nerfing the other two specs to make all sorc/sages equally awful.

No nerfs to Merc healers? :( They are dominating PvP right now because of their survivability, along with Sorc healers. Hope at least Sorc healers will get the nerf bat, with Merc healers not far behind. Removing their reflect or one of their other heal-to-fulls is badly needed. Op healers are fine right now, maybe a little underpowered. Edited by Jerba

i really hope BW don't nerf my merc to the ground :(

i really love the new survival skill

i remember old days omg i was so sad how much players main target merc/mandos to the ground

ea time i pvp they all jump on me poof dead becouse merc was insane weak in defense

ad least now they leave me a bit alone am very happy about that if i pop up my new shield they mostly run away :D

ok its a bit OP but for me i feel a bit saver and can take a break

or i have so 4 players hammering ad me all the time like old days

there is a weak merc all jump on him :(

so i do hope we can keep our new shield maybe a bit lower healing or so

other classes have reflect damage back to so i hope we can keep that

so i don't see any use why BW much remove it because what i see our energy shield is lame really lame compare to other classes that have beter shields skills and damage reduction skills

so yea we merc need a good survival skills or we will be back like old days meat bag targets

so i hope BW find a good way to balance things out :)

sorry for my English

Me too. My main is lightning and compared with my alts on the other specs lightning is just painful. The damage output is still terrible in both PvP and PvE and we are still the mercenary's favourite first target in PvP. Given that there's a whole thread on how bad lightning is I am very surprised we are being overlooked. Although I really hope they are not planning on nerfing the other two specs to make all sorc/sages equally awful.

Yeah, they did Over-Nerf our Classes, and now most of our abilities as a Sorcerer and TK Sage are way too slow, and should be faster, but i also think that with other Classes as well, but, right the Lightning Sorcs and TK Sages of mine are pretty much shelved because their abilities to too slowly channeled.

i really hope BW don't nerf my merc to the ground :(

i really love the new survival skill

i remember old days omg i was so sad how much players main target merc/mandos to the ground

ea time i pvp they all jump on me poof dead becouse merc was insane weak in defense

ad least now they leave me a bit alone am very happy about that if i pop up my new shield they mostly run away :D

ok its a bit OP but for me i feel a bit saver and can take a break

or i have so 4 players hammering ad me all the time like old days

there is a weak merc all jump on him :(

so i do hope we can keep our new shield maybe a bit lower healing or so

other classes have reflect damage back to so i hope we can keep that

so i don't see any use why BW much remove it because what i see our energy shield is lame really lame compare to other classes that have beter shields skills and damage reduction skills

so yea we merc need a good survival skills or we will be back like old days meat bag targets

so i hope BW find a good way to balance things out :)

sorry for my English

No Classes need any Nerfs , as long as we give the other Classes the same abilities, such as being able to heal ourselves, and more often with some better ones for some Classes, along with better defence skills/Utilities.

Sage balance

Reduce telekinetic throw channel 0,25 second and change presence of mind that disturbance, mind crush or vanquish consume 100% less Force with 4 stacks and deal 50% or more dps.

Thats enough changes for more balance and increase enough the dps from sage.

Commando

Merc must lost the electro net, porpulsion round and the adrenalinę rush! And if diversion is active damage taken is reduce by 25%.

That reduce the dps a lit bit and bring more balance in pvp.

Vanguard Plasmatech

Give him electro net, porpulsion round and if diversion is active damage take is reduce by 100%.

That increase the dps a lit bit in pve, pvp and bring more balance in pvp.

Based on my experience in PVP the two classes I worry about the most are Sins and Ops (I can usually out-merc other mercs since I've got years of experience with the class. Been maining Merc since that first majestic rocket punch. RIP. Bring it back it was useless 95% of the time but fun as hell). Operative healers in particular feel a bit op to me, so in terms of what I'm surprised to not see, it's them. But that's just based on PVP and I have a greater interest in things being in a good place for Operations, since that's my favorite part of the game.

No Classes need any Nerfs , as long as we give the other Classes the same abilities, such as being able to heal ourselves, and more often with some better ones for some Classes, along with better defence skills/Utilities.

i know the last twitch eric says they nerf merc but how much he cant tell

i play healer so for me survival is a must or i can never help my team

sorc have 2 shields to and i see some very good sorc that totally out healing players that try to kill them

that's good in my few

and there are almost no tanks in pvp that can protect the healers with guard so yea i need to do it by my self

we will see i hope for the best :)

Sage balance

Reduce telekinetic throw channel 0,25 second and change presence of mind that disturbance, mind crush or vanquish consume 100% less Force with 4 stacks and deal 50% or more dps.

Thats enough changes for more balance and increase enough the dps from sage.

Commando

Merc must lost the electro net, porpulsion round and the adrenalinę rush! And if diversion is active damage taken is reduce by 25%.

That reduce the dps a lit bit and bring more balance in pvp.

Vanguard Plasmatech

Give him electro net, porpulsion round and if diversion is active damage take is reduce by 100%.

That increase the dps a lit bit in pve, pvp and bring more balance in pvp.

No no no, they are fine as is. Also Pvp and PvE are as different as Night and Day. You cannot do Class Balance right using Pvp and PvE together, because they are too different.

Also, other Classes have a Lot more things they can use without Electro-net. Force users and Slow, and Freeze, along with Passify. Smugglers and especially Snpiers and Agents, all have their own versions of Electro nets that would aso have to be Gimped and Nerfed, which Nerfs do not ever help.

The best thing to always do is bring the other Classes abilities that are like the other ones that seem op'd is to always give the other classes their same type of skills more Power and damage to perform as well as the other Classes. Then things will work as should be intended.

As one of the last pyro tech in PvP on TRE (sincerly i saw no other PT pyro or vanguard plasma in all my warzones/arena since months...) i hope for a good buff for the survivabilty.

and :

- i suggest obviously a spread of the 2 dots (torch and incendiary missile) with searing wave, and not only one, like quasi all other dot spec( madness/viru/anhi..even innovative ordonnance can spread 2 dots but with 2 capacities)

- make searing waves 360° like flame sweep or make flame sweep spread the dot(s) instead, and make searing wave serving other purpose (a 3rd dot effect of 6sec would be nice)

madness, viru annhi spread ability is a 360° ability, the cone system is just so bad.

- we have a -10sec cooldown on sonic missile but nothing around ?!? (but AP PT has :confused:) --> add something with the use of sonic missile.

- scorch needs someting better ..at least a 20 m range for the jump effect, or other thing. the visual is nice but it's really weak ability.

that's my first thoughts about the pyrotech tree only (i didn't unclude any utility in my analysis).

---------------

AND JUST NERF SORC HEAL AND ARSENAL MERC TO THE GROUND :mad:

Edited by Thaladan

So nothing for Sentinel/Marauder/Guardian/Juggernaut becuase Focus/Contentration/Fury/Rage spec is perfectly fine.

Amazing, one of the most neglected classes since 3.0 nerf fiesta and its getting absolutely nothing.

I'm outta here. Best of luck

Edited by Bonzenaattori

As many, many others have mentioned Lightning/Telekinetics absolutely must be added to this list! Sorcerer/Sage dps is so bad, raid groups won't even allow you to play the class (I have personally had this experience).

Madness/Balance should be pulling the same dps as Innovative Ordinance, meanwhile Lightning should be comparable to Arsenal. In fact, given Sorcerer/Sage's lack of survivability, perhaps they should be pulling slightly more dps than the comparable dot or burst classes.

Madness/Balance desperately needs work:

1. It needs a substantial boost to sustained damage. This should come from boosting single target abilities, i.e. Demolish, Force Leech, and especially proc'd Lightning Strike. Be wary of buffing spreadable dots or Death Field as the spec's AOE is already quite strong.

2. It's ideal rotation should be force positive. Currently, correctly performing the rotation is force negative, leaving you out of force before the end of the fight. Perhaps add a Force regeneration element to proc'd Lightning Strike usage.

3. Cooldowns on abilities need to be tweaked so the rotation is on a clear cycle. Currently the cooldowns of Death Field and Force Leech do not synergize with dot reapplication.

Lightning/Telekinetics on the other hand needs a boost to its burst potential. This should come in the form of an increase to Thundering Blast and by tweaking all abilities to trigger their forked counterparts 100% of the time during Polarity Shift. Such a design change would concentrate burst potential around Polarity Shift windows.

Sorry to be so verbose, but as a Sorcerer/Sage main since launch, this class needs critical attention to it's dps specializations. Please no longer allow the player base to hassle me into playing heal spec :D

Edited by darthjanus

HOPEFULLY you guys are ONLY changing merc off heals and NOT destroying our dps especially on an arsenal RAIDING situation...as NOT CAVING TO THE PVPERS for gods sake. how many times do we HAVE to go through this!!!!!!!! I gave up my operative I played because of a bunch of infants were screaming how we were op in pvp...note i didn't pvp i RAIDED. How about instead of screwing us over..make a separate tree that auto turns on when pvp is activated...that way pve'ers are NOT harmed over this kind of idiocy!

Hatred/Serenity definitely needs a buff. As a rule, DoT specs are supposed to outparse the burst spec, which isn't the case at all with Shadow. In fact, Deception/Infiltration has outparsed Hatred/Serenity since 3.1.1.

Hatred/Serenity has issues with spreading its DoT's as well still, and generally gets caught in the crossfire of Sage nerfs. Hatred/Serenity's survivability options have been increased with utilities, but it is still required to stand in the middle of all the stupid to spread DoT's in PvP.

Just my two cents, although I don't really spec Serenity (cause it's hard to time DoT's properly with lag rofl, although I can now thanks to better internet) and others might have more useful insight.

Edited by FlavivsAetivs