Server Merge Discussion Thread

EricMusco

Can't everyone on a low population server just get a free transfer rather than merging servers or megaservers. I don't like some of the problems that come with server mergers and magaservers just make things like heroics even more crowded (where two can sometimes be enough to cause wait). Not sure why we need to merge servers. And if they do, I hope its low populated with low populated and not low with mid to heavy. If there are problems, keep the casualty rate down as much as possible.

They can't if they want to keep their guild assets, decorations in the guild SHs that may or may not be available any more in game, outfits that they have defined and maybe not have the parts of any more, and so on and so on. But I'm sure that has been said a thousand times before.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't if they want to keep their guild assets, decorations in the guild SHs that may or may not be available any more in game, outfits that they have defined and maybe not have the parts of any more, and so on and so on. But I'm sure that has been said a thousand times before.

Yes, it has, as has the fact that a server merge will not magically prevent those "problems".

A server merge will only force those problems onto players who are happy where they are and have no wish to be forcibly moved.

Сorrect, people are refuse to transfer not because of CC (90 cc is a joke lol, every sub gets 500 cc per month) but because lf guildships, many strongholds which must be redecorated after transfer, a few friends refusing to transfer which makes many people "stuck" on dead servers even though they want to transfer, some people have 10+ chars which is complicated to transfer etc. Thats why we need either cross-server queues OR server merge. Sooner EAware will get it, sooner the game will become more active and balanced.

Yes, it has, as has the fact that a server merge will not magically prevent those "problems".

A server merge will only force those problems onto players who are happy where they are and have no wish to be forcibly moved.

Nope, it may solve many problems. Currently people running fps, wrzs and other content always see the same faces during doing this content (especially in pvp), which means servers require some disparity. Many servers have queue problems, people are waiting for hours to proc, it may also even fix faction imbalance, since there servers where reps are dominating in pvp (t3m4, teh), which means if these servers will be merged with imp dominated servers reps will get more decent players. As a reminder there are also many heroic 4 quests (dread seeds, shroud) which often could not be completed because lack of players on different servers. It may change much.

Nevertheless, this thread is not for discussion about make server merges or dont, it is ascertaining of results in server merge discussion thread that most of the player want it happen. If you want to discuss it - go to the discussion thread.

Nope, it may solve many problems. Currently people running fps, wrzs and other content always see the same faces during doing this content (especially in pvp), which means servers require some disparity. Many servers have queue problems, people are waiting for hours to proc, it may also even fix faction imbalance, since there servers where reps are dominating in pvp (t3m4, teh), which means if these servers will be merged with imp dominated servers reps will get more decent players. As a reminder there are also many heroic 4 quests (dread seeds, shroud) which often could not be completed because lack of players on different servers. It may change much.

Nevertheless, this thread is not for discussion about make server merges or dont, it is ascertaining of results in server merge discussion thread that most of the player want it happen. If you want to discuss it - go to the discussion thread.

You have nothing to back up your claim that most of the players want server merges.

Yes, we all know that you refuse to avail yourself of any of the options available to you that would allow you to play on a more populated server and that you insist that BW solve your perceived problem for you, rather than take any action to solve it yourself.

Why hasn't anyone commented that I created a character (okay, that's a lie, I had one in the wings).

I AM GOING TO TRAP THE ADORABLE ORTOLAN AND MAKE HIM DIE!

Where is the caring? Don't Ortolans matter?

:rak_02:

Concerning moving a Guild:

1. Let the Guild Master be able to sell the ship back to the vendor for a "Guild Ship Certificate". The certificate has no credit value, but will let the guild master respawn the ship on the destination server.

2. Allow the Guild master and Officers take the decorations out of the guild vault, but leave it bound. So no one can sell them. In the guild settings, the guild master can set which class of guild members can take decorations out, the same as it can be set for taking credits, items, making changes to the vault, etc... This will allow guilds to move and take everything with them.

3. Guild achievements and conquests are a different animal. The Guild itself would have to have a legacy or something for that to move. I recently tried to move a character and it said I could not because he was a guild master. So the game knows if you are trying to move as a guild master, we just need it to attach the guild accomplishments to that character and then move from server to server with that character.

4. Another approach to #1 and #2: Have all stronghold decorations attach to the stronghold like armorings, mods, and enhancements attach to gear. This would be even better, as when you get to the destination server, you can respawn the ship or your personal stronghold and everything will be right where you left it. Also allow players to sell their personal stronghold back to the vendor for a "Stronghold Certificate". The certificate is actually a file with all the information about the stronghold or guild ship.

Just some ideas for the team to think about. This could be implemented right now and would not have to wait for a decision to be made on server mergers. It would eliminate one of the topics of this thread and help us all chip away at this stone called server mergers.

These are all good ideas but would take major coding changes to accomplish and thus quite a lot of time. I would expect that something like this is what Bioware is planning to do, they just need the time to write the new code and test it to make sure it doesn't have disastrous unintended consequences. A server merge that went like the last one that required guilds to be totally disbanded and moved piecemeal to the new server would almost certainly destroy what is left of the game in that a large percentage of the players in guilds would look at the trouble of reestablishing their guilds and say it was not worth the effort. That is the rock and a hard place that Bioware finds itself in now. Don't merge servers and make the LFG and random grouping crowd mad or merge servers and have guilds disintegrate angering that portion of the player base. They are basically in a no win situation now.

Yet, most of the players want it, which means it must be happened. I hope, you kid are old enough to understand that all important changes are implemented when MOST of the subjects demand it. Minority has no power to choose for majority. Welcome to real world. You can have your rp server, so you could stay there with a small group of players drinking imaginary whine and chatting garbage in cantinas but it doesn't mean active players must suffer.

hey kid, most of the players havent been asked about it. I know many active players and they dont suffer a bit. Besides, the devs are busy with buffs for sorc dps right now.

It's funny the ones always saying "you can't prove this and that" yeah well how about you prove the majority don't want server mergers or cross-server. Well YOU CANT! so you are just hypocrites.

The solo players are so damn annoying. If you are a solo player then server merges do not effect you. If you have to change your character name, BIG DEAL!. Nothing stops you from doing solo content. The real MMO players are sitting in queues forever if they even pop at all. If you think this game can survive from just solo players, yeah gl with that. It won't.

I'm sick and tired of this. I'm sick of playing a dead game. Solo content is boring so yes this is a dead game to me.If I want to be a solo player then I will just go play a game like Mass Effect or Dragon Age. This is a MMO it should feel like it. I am tired of sitting in hour long queues. The only pvp i do is GSF so the pvp queues for me takes forever as well.

I am giving them a few more months to get their heads out of the sand or I am gone too.

It's funny the ones always saying "you can't prove this and that" yeah well how about you prove the majority don't want server mergers or cross-server. Well YOU CANT! so you are just hypocrites.

The solo players are so damn annoying. If you are a solo player then server merges do not effect you. If you have to change your character name, BIG DEAL!. Nothing stops you from doing solo content. The real MMO players are sitting in queues forever if they even pop at all. If you think this game can survive from just solo players, yeah gl with that. It won't.

Yes it is a big deal. Many people are RPers. I'm a raider but I very literally quit this game because I could not have the Legacy Name I want, and only came back when they fixed that mess. If I lost certain character names, I would quit without hesitation. And I'm not even a big RPer, but I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. And now it's more problematic because there is so much more assets on the line. Lots of people value these assets and would take the queue times over losing guilds, outfits, etc.

It doesn't matter how many want cross server or server mergers. People want a new class. The classes in this game are built into the engine and there can NEVER be a new class without a major engine overhaul. It doesn't mean bioware should invest full force into making a new class. People want better graphics that aren't six years old. Doesn't matter, bioware doesn't have the capacity to do that.

If you're not happy about your situation, transfer. Bioware has basically made you a pro-con on server transfers. They tell you EXACTLY what isn't coming, what you have to rebuild. And bioware basically gives it to you for no cost. If you can't understand a pro-con list, well... second grade was hard for everyone, I guess.

If the cost is too high, stay and accept that you have your assets intact, but that you need to have something else to do while in queue cause it might be a while.

If it isn't, transfer, remake your stuff, and accept that you value faster queues and more bang for your buck against what you have built.

I don't get why this is what people whine about. This game literally has a content cycle that is so grossly inadequate and people think that bioware trying to up the tech of everything is the answer. Bioware should work on trying to bring people back, with FULL raids, new arenas, a storyline that isn't a rather mundane South American Soap, not wasting their time on a problem where there is already a solution. If you can't lose your assets, fine. I'm with you and understand. Then stay where you are and accept what you value.

Life is about tradeoffs, and I feel tired of defending Bioware for actually doing something right and giving people the liberty to transfer at their own discretion against people who apparently never learned the meaning of the word choice.

"You can't always get what you want..."

real MMO players dont sit in ques. They are members of raid teams and have a steandy team week in and week out. Only people that have to pug are worried about ques, that and pvpers. All the good pvpers already left though.

Yes it is a big deal. Many people are RPers. I'm a raider but I very literally quit this game because I could not have the Legacy Name I want, and only came back when they fixed that mess. If I lost certain character names, I would quit without hesitation. And I'm not even a big RPer, but I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. And now it's more problematic because there is so much more assets on the line. Lots of people value these assets and would take the queue times over losing guilds, outfits, etc.

It doesn't matter how many want cross server or server mergers. People want a new class. The classes in this game are built into the engine and there can NEVER be a new class without a major engine overhaul. It doesn't mean bioware should invest full force into making a new class. People want better graphics that aren't six years old. Doesn't matter, bioware doesn't have the capacity to do that.

If you're not happy about your situation, transfer. Bioware has basically made you a pro-con on server transfers. They tell you EXACTLY what isn't coming, what you have to rebuild. And bioware basically gives it to you for no cost. If you can't understand a pro-con list, well... second grade was hard for everyone, I guess.

If the cost is too high, stay and accept that you have your assets intact, but that you need to have something else to do while in queue cause it might be a while.

If it isn't, transfer, remake your stuff, and accept that you value faster queues and more bang for your buck against what you have built.

I don't get why this is what people whine about. This game literally has a content cycle that is so grossly inadequate and people think that bioware trying to up the tech of everything is the answer. Bioware should work on trying to bring people back, with FULL raids, new arenas, a storyline that isn't a rather mundane South American Soap, not wasting their time on a problem where there is already a solution. If you can't lose your assets, fine. I'm with you and understand. Then stay where you are and accept what you value.

Life is about tradeoffs, and I feel tired of defending Bioware for actually doing something right and giving people the liberty to transfer at their own discretion against people who apparently never learned the meaning of the word choice.

"You can't always get what you want..."

Anyone that actually loves the game is not going to quit playing over a Legacy name. I just can't believe anyone that says they actually like the game but quit over that. sorry I just won't. The quality of life of the game has to be the bigger concern rather than just character and legacy names or even guild names. The ones that have had the names the longest should keep them, simple as that. It's fair.

I am also sick of the "just transfer" bs. IT DOESN'T HELP ANYTHING! The most populated server is The Harbinger and the queue times are TERRIBLE on it. So please tell me where is there to transfer to!? There isn't anywhere, period!. I will never care about solo players problems on an MMO. I just won't, go play a single-player game. I don't care if you think I am a ***** for it.

real MMO players dont sit in ques. They are members of raid teams and have a steandy team week in and week out. Only people that have to pug are worried about ques, that and pvpers. All the good pvpers already left though.

wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. I am on a raid team. Doesn't mean I don't queue for FP's, Uprisings and GSF. A raid team is not raiding every single night 24/7 you know. The rest of the time it would actually be nice to able to queue up for things.

What on earth are you queing for? I'm not on the most populated server and mine are rather timely. I even get GSF within ten minutes which is probably my longest... in the mornings. I just have never experienced this. Ops maybe? Try forming one without the que, that's a time waster even when you have the people. Everyone has to do something one after the other rather than all at once. I just can't imagine what's so horrible.

I did once wait almost half an hour for a specific hard mode flashpoint... maybe uprisings... never had one to pop before something else had so never done one but always heard people don't like em.

I'm sick and tired of this. I'm sick of playing a dead game. Solo content is boring so yes this is a dead game to me.If I want to be a solo player then I will just go play a game like Mass Effect or Dragon Age. This is a MMO it should feel like it. I am tired of sitting in hour long queues. The only pvp i do is GSF so the pvp queues for me takes forever as well.

I am giving them a few more months to get their heads out of the sand or I am gone too.

Well said I have given them to August 22 after been a sub since day 1 without letting it lapse They can say everything they want in a forum post I don't care till I see results and a major shift change because over the last 2+ years I paid for a single player game with a tier 1 MMO subscription model and that's just wrong for any player no matter how you look at it.

Agreed. What ever they are going to do they need to do it fast because all the group content in the world means nothing if you have no one to play it with.

You have nothing to back up your claim that most of the players want server merges.

Yes, we all know that you refuse to avail yourself of any of the options available to you that would allow you to play on a more populated server and that you insist that BW solve your perceived problem for you, rather than take any action to solve it yourself.

Watch server merge discussion thread again, and see that players want it!