Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server Merge Discussion Thread

EricMusco

Interguild RP is a thing, and so is localised chat (so a custom channel wouldn't work, either). If your solution doesn't involve people being able to /emote and /say in public places for their RP without being harassed, your solution doesn't work.

Then people who find those to be things should work on a solution. If your solution doesn't involve the merging of Jedi Covenant and Shadowlands, then your solution doesn't work, and neither does supporting the status quo with objections to change.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then people who find those to be things should work on a solution. If your solution doesn't involve the merging of Jedi Covenant and Shadowlands, then your solution doesn't work, and neither does supporting the status quo with objections to change.

My oft-stated solution does involve merging JC and SL - with the rest of the East Coast servers that aren't Jung Ma or Ebon Hawk. JM and TEH could be merged, as they're both RP servers with an RP community.

My oft-stated solution does involve merging JC and SL - with the rest of the East Coast servers that aren't Jung Ma or Ebon Hawk. JM and TEH could be merged, as they're both RP servers with an RP community.

It would be a mistake to assume that people are automatically familiar with your solutions. Oft-stated is what? A handful of posts out of a 255 page thread?

My signature has been my "oft-stated solution."

Edited by RobertFKennedyUS

Galactic command and a lack of new content.

the sad thing with Galactic Command is that so many people who hated have left that the reduced population left actually make it look like a semi-decent system, it's not, it's still **** and has always been ****.

It's so bad now you can say something bad about galactic command on reddit and actually get down voted now. :D

People voted with their wallets and left and if BWA are working off metrics, feedback etc. of the minority remaining then they are doing it wrong.

Well said Menace!!!

It would be a mistake to assume that people are automatically familiar with your solutions. Oft-stated is what? A handful of posts out of a 255 page thread?

My signature has been my "oft-stated solution."

I first mentioned it on Page 185, most recently on Page 232. It's not my fault this thread devolved into "NO U! NO U!" for a few dozen pages.

But yeah, now you know. I support all West Coast servers being merged, and all non-RP East Coast servers being merged, and the two NA RP servers being merged. I don't speak for the EU, because I know nothing of their current server arrangement or cultures.

And with that sort of attitude, you expect others to lend any weight to your own thoughts?

That actually says a lot more about you than me. You think your opinions should be known by all because you thought them. That's the attitude of spoiled children.

Wow lol, no kidding.

And it's no surprise that you find such an attitude appealing.

Edited by RobertFKennedyUS

Jung Ma has no community it's a wasteland

Dear Keith, are you able to let us know if server mergers or another solution will be in the road map this time?

Thought Musco said there will be something in the roadmap with an idea of what they will do with some of the real lemon servers but hey that's Musco and not keith heheheeh

Dear Keith, are you able to let us know if server mergers or another solution will be in the road map this time?

If not I'm seriously thinking about quitting altogether or at least taking a VERY long break, a break that long that the game won't exist anymore if they are not finally acting very soon. The status quo of Jar'kai Sword is beyond dead meanwhile, I'm sure one of the most dead servers out there, even worse on Rep side (80-90 % of the players are bots or free players on both faction sides with a total online number of like 150 max on super prime time, (usually not more than 50-60 total) both factions added up) while others on some other servers complain on a rather high level compared to us.

I've watched this outstanding incompetence, ignorance and inaction of Bioware regarding this extremely essential topic for way too long now, like 16 months at least. It's pathetic beyond description.

Edited by Khaleg

Thought Musco said there will be something in the roadmap with an idea of what they will do with some of the real lemon servers but hey that's Musco and not keith heheheeh

I didn't see that. Well, let's hope that Keith does put it in the roadmap, it would be good to be able to plan the rest of my game playing year.

Source?

If he's thinking of this, then it actually was Keith, although as Keith said it's an aspiration, not a commitment:

Thanks for the /slap! Yep, we haven't been communicating anything about our server plans, but I have dropped a number of hints. Even in the interview I did, I said we are considering virtually everything in this thread, plus a ton of other technical details.

I know you all know this, but I'll remind you anyway, if a server merge was the direction, then we need to make sure we understand the reasons why players don't want to move. We have hardware/software, connectivity, and database considerations. We also have a ton of in-game 'things' to consider like Legacy Cargo Hold slots across multiple-servers, decorations and Strongholds, currency caps, merging of Legacies, number of characters on a server, keeping guilds and guild assets intact, and more. You also have Conquests and the domination of large guilds over everyone else, area respawn rates, and so on.

Lastly, as we've done with our East Coast servers, we need to upgrade the environment to ensure it's a great experience for everyone. I am very hopeful I can layout the game plan for you in the upcoming Roadmap. I'm not committing to that, yet, as there are a number of questions I need answered before I can give you any further insight.

Have a great weekend,

Keith---

If he's thinking of this, then it actually was Keith, although as Keith said it's an aspiration, not a commitment:

Is this (as I suspect) another case of someone seeing what they want to see and not what actually is?

And people wonder why the devs can seem to be so reluctant to communicate.

Edited by Ratajack

Damn! The Theronmancers almost had us totally distracted from server pop.

So friggin close too!!! :mad:

It's too late at this point...who freaking cares if they merge any longer? If you haven't moved by now, you're not going to and the players I once hoped would return, have...they've seen a dead game and they aren't coming back...just close em and delete the toons for all I care now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.