Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

i think number one on that roadmap should of been added: the removal of GC.

RemoveRNG.

As others have said no this shouldn't be removed. It is good for those that use it. PVP and raiders should be easier to gear up due to what they do but for those that don't do pvp or raids this is a way for them to gear up.

BEFORE you say why do they need the gear: MASTER MODE UPRISINGS AND STORY those they will need better gear to do and even some people that do story like the Master challenge.

So no it should stay just make it easier for raiders and pvp players. The others leave the GC alone.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith,

Good roadmap. Some things not really interested in (pvp-but my boyfriend will be so) but I would like to ask you about the stronghold.

Manaan Do you have a price for it yet and any information or pictures that can be seen yet?

Have a great day!

RemoveRNG.

I wish ^

I'd much rather see us go back to the crystal system and get rid of GC and RNG.

Let me play any content. Get crystals and buy the piece of gear I need rather than having to deal with GC and RNG hoping to get gear I need. It's such a terrible design from what we had.

The crystal system was a much better system than GC and RNG crates. Even with a bit of tweaking to allow set items and higher ilevel gear it would be monumentally better than GC and RNG. Not only for mains but for alts as well.

GC and RNG need to go. Back to the crystal system ASAP.

Edited by Quraswren

RemoveRNG.

RNG is a great "supplement" for gear, but should not be a primary way to gear. PvP is where this is the biggest factor. PvP gearing needs to be addressed.

As others have said no this shouldn't be removed. It is good for those that use it. PVP and raiders should be easier to gear up due to what they do

Let me just clear up this bit of misinformation right here, because that couldn't be further from the truth. Gearing via PvP is excruciatingly slow, and many PvP'ers I've met absolutely HATE this system and want it gone for good. It doesn't benefit PvP'ers or PvE'ers.

I've posted in this thread earlier how it does NOTHING to benefit PvP'ers, and we shouldn't be forced to PvE to be able to more quickly gear for what is in essence PvE gear.

Edited by Talon_strikes

Let me just clear up this bit of misinformation right here, because that couldn't be further from the truth. Gearing via PvP is excruciatingly slow, and many PvP'ers I've met absolutely HATE this system and want it gone for good. It doesn't benefit PvP'ers or PvE'ers.

And of course you didn't read did you. I said they need to make gearing easier for pvp and raiders but the GC system is good for those that don't do pvp or operations. I specifically stated that gearing needed to be easier for pvp players and raiders.

Others that use it the GC is a good system for them since it gives them access to gear they would not be able to get since they don't do either of them.

I've posted in this thread earlier how it does NOTHING to benefit PvP'ers, and we shouldn't be forced to PvE to be able to more quickly gear for what is in essence PvE gear.

Agreed.

Nor should PVE players have to PVP just to upgrade. Those components need to be in other places than just PVP.

the whole system needs change to be better for PVP and PVE.

I wish ^

I'd much rather see us go back to the crystal system and get rid of GC and RNG.

Let me play any content. Get crystals and buy the piece of gear I need than having to deal with GC and RNG hoping to get gear I need. It's such a terrible design from what we had.

You get command tokens which could buy the T1 gear you need, you get UC's which can buy the T4 gear you need. And if you play enough to have a rank 300 char, you don't need to rely on either since T4 command crates cover it for your main and your alts.

For example, I recently outfitted a fresh 70 with 240/246/248 gear all through the command crates system, which gave me mods for moddable gear and schematics for relics/implants/earpiece.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Gearing via PvP is excruciatingly slow, and many PvP'ers I've met absolutely HATE this system and want it gone for good.
Understatement of the year...PvPers are hit hardest by RNG gearing. PvP costs for gear need to be slashed in half and the tokens awarded need to be doubled.

And of course you didn't read did you. I said they need to make gearing easier for pvp and raiders but the GC system is good for those that don't do pvp or operations. I specifically stated that gearing needed to be easier for pvp players and raiders.

Others that use it the GC is a good system for them since it gives them access to gear they would not be able to get since they don't do either of them.

My bad. I'll give you that one. :p

However, my point still stands. :) There are a few here posting how it's personally helped them and that's great and all but it's almost unilaterally hated by those who actually do endgame content and not solo content.

However, my point still stands. :) There are a few here posting how it's personally helped them and that's great and all but it's almost unilaterally hated by those who actually do endgame content and not solo content.

Please don't pretend to be the voice of the voiceless. The only players i've seen repeatedly complaining are PvP purists, everyone else can gear up to do their content just fine.

I know it is not good for endgame people, specifically pvp players. My boyfriend is a pvp player so of course I would not him to be undergeared.

The GC system is good for those that don't do end game which is why I said it needs to stay for those people but make gearing easier for those that pvp and do group activities.

Please don't pretend to be the voice of the voiceless. The only players i've seen repeatedly complaining are PvP purists, everyone else can gear up to do their content just fine.

Umm the PvE purists also complained about the idiotic RNG-only gearing system until they got their Ops drops back.

Face it, no one likes it when there's gear they NEED that's gated behind RNG. It can take weeks and months to get enough UCs to gear up a single character in PvP. The RNG system benefits literally no one except players who don't do group content.

You get command tokens which could buy the T1 gear you need, you get UC's which can buy the T4 gear you need. And if you play enough to have a rank 300 char, you don't need to rely on either since T4 command crates cover it for your main and your alts.

For example, I recently outfitted a fresh 70 with 240/246/248 gear all through the command crates system, which gave me mods for moddable gear and schematics for relics/implants/earpiece.

Unfortunately, my healer who is still not geared doesn't get any any Acc. Gear so thats a problem. Till he is geared in full healer gear there is no reason to swap to a DPS build and open crates. Means I will never get the Acc. gear for DPS. Of course I could craft if I did that or spend millions but that really doesn't work either. So I'm a bit behind to get alts gear because of that setup for GC as well as the cost. IT's problematic.

Nor would it give me the set bonuses should I want those.

Nor does the current system allow me to choose the specific gear I need once a toons get gear. Always subject to RNG through the crate system. Thats especially problematic for alts as I continue to try and gear my main.

However, the old crystal system solved most of that. Both allowed you to play any content and get gear and as I said, a bit of tweaking and the crystal system would have solved the gear set bonus as well as allow me to choose what gear I need to fill in open slots and not wait on the RNG Gods to bless me.

When I compare what we have vs what we should have continued with and adjusted. I'd rather see GC and RNG gone.

Edited by Quraswren

why not?

I'm fairly sure most don't have the millions to spend on just one item much less multiple. Even the mats can get rather costly if you have trouble getting them doing content.

It's possible sure but not as effective as the crystal system we had where you can do any content and choose what you need in a slot you need to fill.

Edited by Quraswren

why not?

For one, the mats are lagging behind the gear by a release. BiS is 248, top craftable is 246, but there's missing mats to be added in a future release, and the best you can craft now is 240, barely above bolster.

Edited by stoopicus

Unfortunately, my healer who is still not geared doesn't get any any Acc. Gear so thats a problem. Till he is geared in full healer gear there is no reason to swap to a DPS build and open crates. Means I will never get the Acc. gear I want. Of course I could craft if I did that or spend millions but that really doesn't work either. So I'm a bit behind to get alts gear because of that setup for GC as well as the cost. IT's problematic.

Nor would it give me the set bonuses should I want those.

Funny that you mention that, I recently opened saved up crates on my sawbones to get the set bonuses and acc gear for ruffian. My sawbones isn't "fully geared" in a sense that he isn't in full 248's, but that doesn't prevent me from opening crates on an off-spec simply because it makes me more likely to get useful pieces.

Nor does the current system allow me to choose the specific gear I need once as toons get gear. Always subject to RNG through the crate system. Thats especially problematic for alts as I continue to try and gear my main.

Your alts can use excess mods and enhancements gotten from your main. You can also buy/craft missing pieces, but that "doesn't work" according to you for some reason. If it's the price, I suggest selling those T6 gifts and cosmetic shells you get from crates.

However, the old crystal system solved most of that. Both allowed you to play any content and get gear and as I said, a bit of tweaking and the crystal system would have solved the gear set bonus as well as allow me to choose what gear I need to fill in open slots and not wait on the RNG Gods to bless me.

The old crystal system didn't give you access to BiS, didn't give you access to set pieces without PvP, and gave you gear at a slower pace.

I'm fairly sure most don't have the millions to spend on just one item much less multiple. Even if mats can get rather costly if you have trouble getting them doing content.

It's possible sure but not as effective as the crystal system we had where you can do any content and choose what you need in a slot you need to fill.

For one, the mats are lagging behind the gear by a release. BiS is 248, top craftable is 246, but there's missing mats to be added in a future release, and the best you can craft now is 240, barely above bolster.

Fair enough.

I'm of the mindset that gearing up in almost BiS can still be considered 'geared-up', at least as far as being able to switch to my alts and able to play.

Funny that you mention that, I recently opened saved up crates on my sawbones to get the set bonuses and acc gear for ruffian. My sawbones isn't "fully geared" in a sense that he isn't in full 248's, but that doesn't prevent me from opening crates on an off-spec simply because it makes me more likely to get useful pieces.

Sure you can do that but I'm not at that point to do that. Till I get my healer geared higher than he currently is. As a main healer for our raids I have to make sure that toon is geared for Nim. I can't waste those crates on the alt spec but that doesn't mean on my off time I don't like to play around on alts but suffering though GC and RNG makes me long for the days of the crystal system for gear. It was so much better.

Your alts can use excess mods and enhancements gotten from your main. You can also buy/craft missing pieces, but that "doesn't work" according to you for some reason. If it's the price, I suggest selling those T6 gifts and cosmetic shells you get from crates.

They have used some of the crate gear from my main but that doesn't suddenly make millions to buy the missing pieces I need. I told you the reason why it doesn't always work and why it's problematic. Selling those things help but it still isn't better than the crystal system we had where I could just play the content and get what I needed. When I compere it to what the crystal system should have been, it just makes me dislike GC and RNG even more.

The old crystal system didn't give you access to BiS, didn't give you access to set pieces without PvP, and gave you gear at a slower pace.

No but it gave me the ability to choose what I needed with no RNG. Take that crystal system and allow it to do exactly what GC does as in, the ability to buy the gear with no RNG as well as set items for a higher cost in crystals. A much better system than RNG could ever be. IF they can tweak GC to do what it does now, the crystal system should have stayed in place and tweaked as well. The end result of that would not have driven players away like GC and RNG has done and the over all experience would have been better for gearing in PVP and PVE.

Still allowing you to play any content and get the gear you want while not waiting on the RNG Gods to bless you.

Edited by Quraswren

Sure you can do that but I'm not at that point to do that. Till I get my healer geared higher than he currently is. As a main healer for our raids I have to make sure that toon is geared for Nim. I can't waste those crates on the alt spec but that doesn't mean on my off time I don't like to play around on alts but suffering though GC and RNG makes me long for the days of the crystal system for gear. It was so much better.

If it's a problem of reaching that point, they're adding another CXP buff in the coming patch to make that route to 300 less time consuming.

They have used some of the crate gear from my main but that doesn't suddenly make millions to buy the mission pieces I need. I told you the reason why it doesn't always work and why it's problematic. Selling those things help but it still isn't better than the crystal system we had where I could just play the content and get what I needed.

I've personally done the accuracy gearing for off-spec thing twice now, and haven't had issues either time. I guess it's just a matter of saving up more crates.

No but it gave me the ability to choose what I needed with no RNG. Take that crystal system and allow it to do exactly what GC does as in, the ability to buy the gear with no RNG as well as set items for a higher cost in crystals. A much better system than RNG could ever be. IF they can tweak GC to do what it does not, the crystal system should have stayed in place and tweaked as well. The end result of that would not have driven players away like GC and RNG has done and the over all experience would have been better for gearing in PVP and PVE.

Still allowing you to play any content and get the gear you want while not waiting on the RNG Gods to bless you.

So you want the old crystal system except with the ability to buy BiS from crystals too? Guaranteed BiS needs to be tied to challenging content that can't be farmed, otherwise people will choose the path of least resistance and quit due to boredom.

Edited by Eli_Porter