Starting to believe the reviews now?

Doomsaga

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the highest rated MMO out.. so ya I believe the reviews because I am playing the game and loving it just like they all said I would..

Any negative review I have seen was from someone who obviously hates MMO's to begin with and was completely biased.

To bad I cant play at work or I would be in game enjoying the best game of the decade instead of arguing with idiots on a forum.

Still dont understand why those who dont like it try to come here and convince other to hate it also.. if u don't like it, then just go away... you won't be missed

I'm having great fun, but there are industry standards (guild bank, search for auction and forums, dual spec, etc.) that need to go in, stat. There are also Bioware standards, like same-sex romances, that are sadly lacking.

Finally, considering the 4th pillar is story, if they intend to simply churn out raid content a la WoW, I will be extremely disappointed.

before the game release alot of reviews gave it bad reviews and the ppl here didnt like them. After playin the game a bit i can tell those reviews were pretty accurate and u see less of the ppl who said this game was "awsome" and more ppl unsubing. this game clearly wasnt ready

I wish I could have more time to play the game. If you don't like this game - you basically are saying you don't like having fun.

Granted - RPG's aren't for everyone.

I'm sure you'll enjoy Skyrim until your friends resub and you come back in a few months.

I'm not surprised that the mainstream scores all gave very high reviews and that the "extreme gamer" sites all give it significantly lower. It's the difference between those who play to enjoy the experience and those who nit-pick everything and hold (especially) MMOs to an unusually high standard (even though most of them are actually fairly repetitive and dull).

I'm having great fun, but there are industry standards (guild bank, search for auction and forums, dual spec, etc.) that need to go in, stat. There are also Bioware standards, like same-sex romances, that are sadly lacking.

Finally, considering the 4th pillar is story, if they intend to simply churn out raid content a la WoW, I will be extremely disappointed.

Somewhere in the forums some official spokesperson commented that the voice actors for the game will be busy for a long time. They plan on adding a lot of content.

This game is EVERYTHING I expected and more. I was looking for something very different from WOW and am also a huge KOTOR fan. Bioware game ME exactly what I wanted. A game focused on story and not dungeon grinding, rep grinding, pvp grinding.

If you're playing SWTOR for raiding or PVP then you've bought the wrong game. They exist but obviously aren't the main focus of this game. Thank God.

The negative feedback I've seen is about what I expected from an MMO community that seems to prefer things about other MMOs that I hate. Based on that I'd say that if there was less crying about what this game isn't then I probably wouldn't be enjoying it so much :)

Like I care about what critics or people say.

Critics say Sherlock Holmes 2 was bad...

I loved that film.

Roger Ebert said video games can never be art.

Who agrees with that?

Critics are wrong!

Besides, all the people who vote it bad or negative obviously have not left the starting zones.

Edited by darthdoll

Already canceled. Supporter for 2 years wanted this game to be amazing, but I can only deny so much, once playing I realize that the game is boxed in in to many areas, shuttled from box to box, to find static mobs who ever path move or even act like they have a reason to be there, just completely standing still doing nothing. Other mmos things path move etc. But lets face it, this game is not even an mmo. Its instanced like crazy to the point you see maybe 2-3 other ppl except up on the station. The group questing is bland, instances as soon as you hit 17+ are very slow to find any group for. The story line is interesting but not anywhere near good book interesting. Cut scenes way WAY over done. even on quests where you go kill 10 of x you have 6 cut scenes. Space combat is a single player rails 1980 game with 3 commands. Pvp is god awful, everyone has pretty much the same freeze, knock back and atks, everyone coming at you looks pretty much the same. and hutball is the only sorta decent warzone, oh illum is already a joke where there is no real world objective pvp, people just win trade the 5 nodes for the quest and its done. Some servers they have been stuck on one faction mostly since launch and that wont change besides a little win trading.

Bioware has managed to design a bland and boring sinple player rpg which is no where near as good as mass effect, The combat system is bland and boring and worse then wow's and other mmos out there. The world's feel dead and instanced with mobs that just stand there, no pathing, no actions, yes I said that above but its worth mentioning 2 times. I am just glad I was able to cancel my ce and de based on early access play, I wish I had not paid them $60 to keep playing the last week + trying to give this game a chance.

After 2 years of support I am so disappointed in this game. Everything I have said above is my valid opinion. You may disagree but I provide reasons I canceled my account and you may disagree but you should be concerned so many people, especially on fan rating web sites are stating they also canceled for these reasons, many metric measure sites are from the 4.4 - 6.1 range. Unfortunately these issues are so rampant through this entire game it would take a redesign to fix.

While this game with have a swg type fan base that will be here till the end subs will drastic fall in the next 3 months as people come out of denial and people will look to games such as gw2 for a living breathing world where you see a lot of people out working on world events or fighting the chain areas that effect and change the world. Good Luck.

ps: Yes I realize I will now have 20 or so people who give pointless replies with no valid response saying cya, that is fine because I will be having fun in skyrim and could care less about those in denial who stay. If you liked your game so much you'd be in it right now, not in these forums looking for reasons to validate a game that isnt worth validating.

btw WAR was very successful for the first 2 months after launch, then completely died in the 3rd month. That will likely happen here.

Edited by Dualthreat

before the game release alot of reviews gave it bad reviews and the ppl here didnt like them. After playin the game a bit i can tell those reviews were pretty accurate and u see less of the ppl who said this game was "awsome" and more ppl unsubing. this game clearly wasnt ready

Please link one bad review from someone other then MONKEYBALLS or JOJOIDIOT circus boy

lol your attempt at a post is bad.

Do you know they are all happy? What happens when the "Oooooo this is a nice new game" feeling wears off? It happened with every single MMO that has come out, look at Rift and others.

He has as good a chance at guessing that 1+million are happy that you have guessing about all the so-called mass of people just up and leaving without saying anything.

He can't make ignorant statements, but when you do it, it's okay? Yeah, hypocrite much?

I'd be fine with that.

There is an ENORMOUS amount of work that still needs to be done.

As it stands, the game isn't fit for release imo.

Why isn't the game fit for release? The launch went pretty smooth outside of some queues (which happen on every launch I have ever been a part of) and some technical errors by people who are attempting to play the game on their Commodore 64?

Are there minor bugs? Of course there are, what game that has launched (EVER) has never had minor bugs? It's been out about 2 weeks. The problem is, we live in an "INSTANT GRATIFICATION" era. ITS MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW. This isn't JG Wentworth. If you want to keep whining about it, just unsub so my queue will go down.

KK THX.

*opens Metacritic*

*looks at Critic Reviews*

Hmm. 12 positive, 0 mixed, 0 negative...

ok... *looks at user reviews* ok more mixed, but still with twice the positives than negatives and about 40 mixed... but then you read the negative reviews.

"Each server is not one world but a bunch of copies of rooms and channels." what?

"requires $120 non-refundable before you even start playing." uh... no it doesn't?

so, yeah. Critic's give it good reviews. User's give it good reviews. And the users who don't? Well... apparently they're playing a different game?

Very good synopsis of the situation.

They are either attention starved or are PR trolls. Or both.

A hefty number of the trolls on this board are Blizzard employees--I have no doubt about it. There's a huge gap between the reality and the complaints that riddle these boards. Over a million people are playing, and by the looks of the servers that number is getting larger, and the vibe I get from people in-game is that they love it.

Very good synopsis of the situation.

Something all of your on the forums vs playing this game you love so much need to keep in mind. On your quest for denial of the game being bad you must realize of the many people that have already canceled most will give no feedback, they will just quit a go. I put 2 years into supporting this game so I am one of the few to actually spend a little time and reply and post my feelings of disappointment. These forums are mostly ppl who still are playing, so to see so many who do give negative feedback should concern you as they are less then 1% of the people who have already quit or are on the fence and just wont bother to post. Fact is the game is bad, posted as to why on the previous page. Most wont do much more then hit 50 if even that. There will be enough people to stay 6 months from now to keep it up, hell swg was up for years, but a year from now the player base will be so small I would not expect much development. Sorry.

Metacritic has SWTOR at 89% based on 13 reviews - 9 of which are 90 or higher.

That puts it in 4th place against recent PC releases and only 5 points behind Skyrim and 2 points behind Batman: Arkham City - both of which have had near universal critical acclaim.

If you don't like the game - then you don't like the game but at least have some back-up if you are going to post drivel on forums. The majority of reviews don't support your position.

Something all of your on the forums vs playing this game you love so much need to keep in mind. On your quest for denial of the game being bad you must realize of the many people that have already canceled most will give no feedback, they will just quit a go.

God - if that was only the case with all of them. Please God. PLEASE!

Already canceled. Supporter for 2 years wanted this game to be amazing, but I can only deny so much, once playing I realize that the game is boxed in in to many areas, shuttled from box to box, to find static mobs who ever path move or even act like they have a reason to be there, just completely standing still doing nothing. Other mmos things path move etc. But lets face it, this game is not even an mmo. Its instanced like crazy to the point you see maybe 2-3 other ppl except up on the station. The group questing is bland, instances as soon as you hit 17+ are very slow to find any group for. The story line is interesting but not anywhere near good book interesting. Cut scenes way WAY over done. even on quests where you go kill 10 of x you have 6 cut scenes. Space combat is a single player rails 1980 game with 3 commands. Pvp is god awful, everyone has pretty much the same freeze, knock back and atks, everyone coming at you looks pretty much the same. and hutball is the only sorta decent warzone, oh illum is already a joke where there is no real world objective pvp, people just win trade the 5 nodes for the quest and its done. Some servers they have been stuck on one faction mostly since launch and that wont change besides a little win trading.

Bioware has managed to design a bland and boring sinple player rpg which is no where near as good as mass effect, The combat system is bland and boring and worse then wow's and other mmos out there. The world's feel dead and instanced with mobs that just stand there, no pathing, no actions, yes I said that above but its worth mentioning 2 times. I am just glad I was able to cancel my ce and de based on early access play, I wish I had not paid them $60 to keep playing the last week + trying to give this game a chance.

After 2 years of support I am so disappointed in this game. Everything I have said above is my valid opinion. You may disagree but I provide reasons I canceled my account and you may disagree but you should be concerned so many people, especially on fan rating web sites are stating they also canceled for these reasons, many metric measure sites are from the 4.4 - 6.1 range. Unfortunately these issues are so rampant through this entire game it would take a redesign to fix.

While this game with have a swg type fan base that will be here till the end subs will drastic fall in the next 3 months as people come out of denial and people will look to games such as gw2 for a living breathing world where you see a lot of people out working on world events or fighting the chain areas that effect and change the world. Good Luck.

ps: Yes I realize I will now have 20 or so people who give pointless replies with no valid response saying cya, that is fine because I will be having fun in skyrim and could care less about those in denial who stay. If you liked your game so much you'd be in it right now, not in these forums looking for reasons to validate a game that isnt worth validating.

btw WAR was very successful for the first 2 months after launch, then completely died in the 3rd month. That will likely happen here.

LOl so your going from a MMO to a single player MMO ...nice. Your opinion is now completely void

Skyrim = awesome, but absolutely nothing new or innovative in that game. probably a bad example to use when talking about your swtor issues. Lets do fetch quests and kill the same AI dragon over and over again. Or do it similar in swtor except you have others to play with!

And no one cares about others cancellations... Not a 100% of the people that play a game are gonna like it. Plus the more the people that don't find it to be their cup of tea or the QQ'ers leave the better the community here improves. Goodbye, have fun killing the same dragon over and over again by yourself.

Edited by WarheartZero

Something all of your on the forums vs playing this game you love so much need to keep in mind. On your quest for denial of the game being bad you must realize of the many people that have already canceled most will give no feedback, they will just quit a go. I put 2 years into supporting this game so I am one of the few to actually spend a little time and reply and post my feelings of disappointment. These forums are mostly ppl who still are playing, so to see so many who do give negative feedback should concern you as they are less then 1% of the people who have already quit or are on the fence and just wont bother to post. Fact is the game is bad, posted as to why on the previous page. Most wont do much more then hit 50 if even that. There will be enough people to stay 6 months from now to keep it up, hell swg was up for years, but a year from now the player base will be so small I would not expect much development. Sorry.

well you can also say on your quest for denail of the game possible being good and successful you must realize of the many people that are loving the game have already subbed for the months ahead and will also give no feedback, they will just continue playing.

whether you realize it or not those of us that come to the forums are the minority. Majority of the playerbase will never visit the forums to complain or compliment the game. both sides are just opinions not facts and in most cases completely biased towards one side or the other.

Considering the rel reviews I have read all give this game high ratings, and considering my opinion of this game is it is awesome, I would have to say the reviews from before release were wrong.

If you do not like the game, go play something else.

Please stop trying to convince those who are enjoying the game to agree with you

If you want the real picture, at least wait until after Jan 20, 2012.

Yes, I am starting to believe the reviews. My friends all said this was awesome, and so far, I'd have to agree. Every day I am discovering new things that this game does differently than other MMO's that are just icing on the cake.

Does it have problems? Absolutely, but I've been playing MMO's long enough to know they will all be gradually fixed in patches to come. Nothing that is wrong with the game right now is game-breaking for me, nor has it even remotely stunted my enjoyment of TOR so far.

Every day I log in the world seems busier and busier, I am seeing more activity, more enemies, and from where I stand, TOR is picking up steam and most everyone chattering in local seems very happy. I can only assume most complaints are trolls or pr warriors.